PDA

View Full Version : Sh˘jo Manga

baku_neko
04-14-2003, 02:56 PM
What are your favorite sh˘jo manga? Right now, mine is MARS...I just finished number 6. I'm also reading Kare Kano right now.

And in case you don't know what sh˘jo means, here is an explaination:
Literally meaning "young girl." Used to describe manga aimed at females up to about age 18, and usually centered around romance (with a young female protagonist), emotions, and social interaction. Cardcaptor Sakura and MARS are examples of mainstream sh˘jo manga.

Zephyrs
04-14-2003, 03:18 PM
I like shoujo alot, although when it starts to get really mushy I can't stand it anymore (which is why I don't really like Mars too much) Fushigi Yuugi is ok for the most part save the Miaka/Tamahome lovey-dovey nonsense. The MKR manga is really good too, better than the anime I think. Ceres and Kare Kano rock too, although I'm still only 2 books in on each.

Michi
04-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Super Doll Licca-chan. The manga is 100 times better than the anime. I also really like the manga for Utena and Rayearth. ^_^

Xanatos
04-14-2003, 07:34 PM
I really like Fushigi Yugi and Love Hina, ^___^

Babbit_Chan
04-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Andante, if anyone's read it (Miho Obana).

kris
04-14-2003, 07:45 PM
I love Tenshi Kinryoku (Angel Sanctuary) ^-^; it is the only girls comic I read all of... (also the only I ever cosplayed)

Umi
04-14-2003, 08:31 PM
X and the korean girls' comic I.N.V.U.

To tell you the truth I'm not exposed to a lot of shoujo so I get all fangirlishly weird when I get int touch with my girly side. ^^

jen_kat
04-14-2003, 09:05 PM
CCS (CLAMP), Andante, Kodomo no Omocha, Partner (Obana Miho), Angel Sanctuary (Kaori Yuki), Baby Love, Anata to Scandal, Penguin Brothers (Shiina Ayumi), anything by Mizusawa Megumi (ie. Hime-chan no Ribon, Naisho no Princess) and Yoshizumi Wataru (ie. Marmalade Boy, Kimi Shika Iranai, Ultra Maniac), Kaitou Saint Tail (Tachikawa Megumi), anything by Takada Rie (ie. Heart, Hadashi no Aitsu, Manatsu no Koibito) and Fujiwara Yoshiko (ie. Private Eyes, Kimi no Koto Bakari), and Kaikan Phrase (Shinjo Mayu)

....^^;; heh heh, my list is somewhat long... I have more, but these are my favorite amongst them.

scandia
04-15-2003, 02:02 AM
Nearly every manga I read is shoujo, with the possible exception of Record of Lodoss War. MKR is my absolute favorite. A recent one I enjoyed was Wish.

KuroBara
04-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Aaah, shoujo. "Mistress of all Shoujo" is my unofficial title for my anime club.

My favorites are Ai Yazawa's Paradise Kiss, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, INVU, Wish, and the list just keeps going. Strangely enough, I didn't like Mars. I only read volume 1, so I should really read a little further before dismissing it.

Ashurachan
04-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Clamp's Tokyo Babylon. Their best work, I think. My absolute favorite manga.
Banana Fish (YES it is a shoujo, even if it doesn't look alike ^^,)
Please Save my Earth (very good story)
Basara (for the story too)
Peach Girl (very funny, and for once I like the heroin ^^)
Card Captor Sakura (probably the best title among the ones aimed at young girls)
Angel Sanctuary (beautiful and complex. But I don't like the heroes - Setsuna and Sara - at all, and the French translation is very, very bad.)

To me, what matters is not whether the title is a sh˘jo/sh˘nen/seinen manga. What matters is it has a good story and good characters ^^

Ashurachan
04-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos
I really like Fushigi Yugi and Love Hina, ^___^

Love Hina is not a sh˘jo. It's aimed towards boys.