PDA

View Full Version : Feeling the burn? >:D

Kateko
04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Sakuracon is in 4 days!

Are you ready?

Or are you like me, carefully planning out your insane amounts of procrastination-induced sewing, plotting out "sleep allowances", and working away your spring break?

What's your To-Do list before the con?

Nobody No. XIII
04-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Well, Spring Break was 2 weeks ago for me, and I'm mostly done my cosplay. Need some little details fixed here an' there, but mostly I'm done. Just need to get packed and get on the plane to Seattle on Thursday morning.<3

To Do when I get to Seattle:
-Cut/Dye hair
-take a nap (as I won't be sleeping very much at Sakuracon, which may be a stretch, considering the time change.><)

Justke
04-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm feeling the burn though it's very exciting :] It's amazing what people can accomplish with the pressure of deadlines around the corner @__@ especially during spring break~ because otherwise I'd be sleeping, and complaining that I have nothing to do.

My To-Do List:
-Finish my friend's Haku robe + sash + beads for her bun
-Get parent permission forms to and from my friends who're going with me
-Check up on everyone's costumes
-make my arm guards super-speedily
-touch up on my wig
-Sew on my friend's patches and fluff on her jacket(that she's yet to buy ;.; )
-retrieve my ironer from my karate instructor xD

big to-do list, but it's good to have some motivation >D...... *dies in a corner*

Killer_Tofu
04-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I only resently started this particular costume (It's not going to be as acurate as I'd prefer)

Killer_Tofu
04-03-2007, 12:45 AM
but hey I made my K-con cos. in like 3 days and everybody seemed to want my pic anyway

Panda-chan
04-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Too tired to feel the burn. I just got home from a weekend in Las Vegas. I have to figure out what costumes for sure are ready to wear. I gotta unpack and repack for this weekend. Oi, Sakura-con is going to be relaxing compared to this past weekend! lol Yeah, you know what they say: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

Heat
04-03-2007, 01:22 AM
I just got permission to go T^T<<tears of joy

I'm pretty much done with all my costumes so the burn is non-existent and besides I'm Heat I don't burn :P...Although the gatherings for all of my costumes...Are at the same time -_-...I'm gonna have to work on my quick change act XO!!

Kagami-chan
04-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Oh my god. I just started my Kairi dress last night and I'm finishing it tomorrow. And I have another one of my cosplays finished last night. Right now I'm working on making the hakama for shinigami Rukia. :[ At least I'm being careful as to not sew my finger again. Haha. That sucked. But I still need to decide if I'm going to use the belly shirt or not(I'm not the skinniest person. x.x), decide if I want to cut a wig, dye my hair, and pretend I'm bringing along a wig that I don't like. :3

keropan
04-03-2007, 02:01 AM
AAAUGH I'm feeling the burn so hard. Right now I'm about 70% done styling the wig and then afterwards it's just minor details to mess with, like attaching Roxas' zipper trinket and the mickey head on my keyblade... maybe even mess with makeup too, if I have time. And drawing a flower template for my friend's Olette cosplay. @__@

Unfortunately school's in session so I'm also frantically trying to finish homework in advance so I don't have to worry too much about anything over the weekend. xD;; Problem is I have a test on Monday, so hurray for cramming on Sunday evening... x_X

Weirdly enough, I'm really excited (yet anxious) though! *crosses fingers and hopes she finishes on time~*

Blackjack Gabbi
04-03-2007, 03:26 AM
I've got to figure out if I should submit any more fanfics and do up backstories for them. Then I have to write down a list of everything I need to take so I don't forget anything.

My costume is already done, though.

AznTranquility
04-03-2007, 03:41 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Eurobeat King
04-03-2007, 03:49 AM
2 more days before I leave for the con! :D Before then I need to pack, get my memory cards & batteries prepped, print out all the airline, shuttle, hotel, gatherings, and photoshoot lists for the weekend, and do my taxes.. :thumbsup: I'll be too busy after the con posting all of my pics and before I know it, the 15th will be here.. Then again, stressing over SakuraCon comes first.. ;)

Mycroft
04-03-2007, 04:50 AM
Totally feeling the burn... yep...
Still have to finish costume (designs to paint on and other bits and pieces), do laundry so I have clothes to pack, and on top of that, worry about my research paper which I haven't started on.
:D Fun times.

BoredHorror
04-03-2007, 10:10 AM
whooo!! I'm so excited. all I have to finish is styling a small part on my kimimaro wig, and a shirt.
But I am feeling the burn ,like keropan, with school work! I missed yesterday because I was flying home from my spring break, then I am missing a class on thursday and all day friday and won't get back till sunday late so I wanted to try and get as much work done as possible.

ahhh so excited! :D

RinniBoBinni
04-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm feeling the burn too XD I always pack late!

I've just got to replace some backpack straps, find my camera so I can take pictures of my inventory, and I have to do that before noon! My parents arranged me to go somewhere and only told me yesterday night! Waiiii! Mr. Eurobeat, I don't think Kasumi san is going to make it! In the very least, an 11-inch one if I can manage it. I was going to do a Super Chibi to her eyes...

Ah well, I need more coffee to keep me awake tonight. XD Looking forward to seeing you all!

Eurobeat King
04-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Mr. Eurobeat, I don't think Kasumi san is going to make it! In the very least, an 11-inch one if I can manage it. I was going to do a Super Chibi to her eyes...

Haha no worries about it! *hugg* important thing is getting all your costumes finished and the stuffies you're going to have for your table. Good luck in the final days before the con!

Barunesusa
04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Hahaha, thankfully I'm on Spring Break (and had to take two sick days last week >>;) so it's not too bad.

Things To-Do:
1. Put on the button thingies (blanking on real name x.x) on Kairi dress and shorten the purse strap a little bit
2. Make shoe covers for my brother's Sasuke costume
3. Memorize more pieces on my flute x.x this is what I get for procrastinating until the day before I leave.
4. PACK ><; and find all my charging stuff for my camera and ipod...
5. Fix my crappy wig >>; I realized I could probably get away with red hair for Pride!Ed...but I can't for Normal!Ed for the cosplay contest...
6. Finish the lines on Pride!Ed's gloves.

Um. Yep.

mixaka
04-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Yes, I'm feeling it! I managed to ruin my wig for Road and now must wait patiently in the hopes that the newly ordered wig arrives before I have to leave. And then hopefully be able to style it without ruining it a *second* time.

Katasha
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Bah I was almost done the mascot costume last night untill I tried it on and its too small! SO I'm running out to get more fabric right now and try and sew it together tonight cuz I leave tomorrow after noon!

Usachan
04-03-2007, 03:38 PM
It kind of feels like I am ready to take on anything now, I made almost
a small but crucial mistake of not bringing any pair of socks on me. But
I hit the mall yesterday and bought some. My plan this year is not to be
spending most of my time in the dealer's room but check out other things
and since this year around there is so much to do and see, I fiqure I am
going to have the time of my life. As for anxiety, this too shall pass hopefully.

kolibri
04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
My costumes are - gasp - DONE!!!! So much so, we've had time to do the proper dress rehearsals, take photos and look at poses, and test hair and make-up. My plan was to get everything done by the weekend before the con, and that pretty much happened, I still can't really believe it. :eek:

Now we need to pack (traveling down by train from Vancouver) which is no small feat, I grant, and get enough sleep so that we're ready to do three days of con-age.

But burn - hell yeah. I can't wait :)

keropan
04-03-2007, 10:09 PM
IMy plan this year is not to be
spending most of my time in the dealer's room but check out other things
and since this year around there is so much to do and see, I fiqure I am
going to have the time of my life. As for anxiety, this too shall pass hopefully.

You know what, I tend to do this too (spend too much time in the dealer's room). Plus side, I get a nice haul of stuff but the down side is that 1. People ask for pictures in the dealer's room (and vice versa; I ask them too) which is a big no-no in that it usually blocks traffic. I got "cited" quite a lot last year for doing so x_X - but it's so hard! You don't know if you'll meet up with them again xD, and well, it's a pretty big request to ask someone to go out of the room for just a picture.

Umm, still anxious XD I always get some jitters before a big event. Of course, they usually go away 5-10 minutes after I get in and see all the awesome costumes. :D
This might come off as vain and dumb, but my biggest fear is to not have people ask for pictures - I need some sort of cosplay validation, you know? ^^;;;

Nobody No. XIII
04-04-2007, 01:45 AM
You know what, I tend to do this too (spend too much time in the dealer's room). Plus side, I get a nice haul of stuff but the down side is that 1. People ask for pictures in the dealer's room (and vice versa; I ask them too) which is a big no-no in that it usually blocks traffic. I got "cited" quite a lot last year for doing so x_X - but it's so hard! You don't know if you'll meet up with them again xD, and well, it's a pretty big request to ask someone to go out of the room for just a picture.

Umm, still anxious XD I always get some jitters before a big event. Of course, they usually go away 5-10 minutes after I get in and see all the awesome costumes. :D
This might come off as vain and dumb, but my biggest fear is to not have people ask for pictures - I need some sort of cosplay validation, you know? ^^;;;

I totally know what you mean.. I made my cosplay debut last November at a small con in Virginia, and I was so afraid, after all the my friends and I put into my costume, that no one would ask for pictures. My girlfriend at the time (who was cosplaying Axel with me) has been to many cons and talked about EBK like he was a close friend.. and then he asked for my picture. My reaction was something like this: o////////////o;

It's very excellent to be a novice cosplayer and get gratification for my newbish work~. <33

RikoBurandetsu
04-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I gave up on my Naruto wig the other day, so I won't be able to do that.... It leaves me a lot less stressed than I would have been! I'm all ready with my own stuff, and all I have left to do on my dad's costume is put some sort of drawstring at the end of his sleeves and hope and pray the forehead protector gets here in time.

I'm getting so excited! I've printed out a copy of the schedule and highlighted all the stuff I'm planning on doing...it's crazy.... Make sure you all come see me in cosplay chess!

Raidenator4
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Heeheee~ There's only two days now >///<

kolibri
04-04-2007, 02:11 PM
I've been writing a huge list on things I need to pack :) We're leaving tomorrow night.

Kagami-chan
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
OKAY. I'm almost done with the Kairi remake. And it's still inaccurate. I'm going to re-make the re-make this summer. xD;;;

Things I gotta do
Trim the hem on Kairi's dress.
Attach the dress to the halter.
Find my shorts.
Pack.
Make her belt and bag(should only take...what? An hour?)
Make KHI Kairi's belt.
Get my wig back from Steve(Thursday night at pre-reg).
Dye my hair.
Clean my room.
Give my cat a bath(he can't clean himself).
Find my other cat.
Add velcro to a pair of shoes.
Dye my hakama for the third time.
Clean the bathroom.
Um...and hopefully sleep. :3
Well, I have to do all of that tonight. I shouldn't be on the computer. >.>;;;

Justke
04-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Hmm printing out a copy of the schedule would be handy....*busts out her highlighter* Now all I need to do is:

Finish sewing Haku's robe
Turn over my arm guards and spray paint them to death
Put velcro on the arm guard and elastic bands
Sew white cloth underneath my wig
Attach elastic bands to my mask

after those (and intensive phone calls) i'm all set!! ^^

Ace_Knight21
04-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I have one huge prop left to make and I have no idea how to make it nor the tools...

mu empire
04-04-2007, 09:46 PM

BoredHorror
04-05-2007, 12:46 AM
officially finished and all packed ^_^, boy that feels good

kolibri
04-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Ooh, jealous! We're in the middle of packing and... well, we have much more stuff than I ever imagined... How do I fit it all into bags we can actually carry :(

Ace_Knight21
04-05-2007, 12:58 AM
I decided that I don't have time to make my prop accurately so I'll use my backup plan.

Justke
04-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Edit: holy crap i'm tired and i only went to pre-reg badge pick-up xD i still have a lot of (minor) things to do, especially do some paperwork for my mom and make some spending money ^^ i'll see everyone at the con tomorrow!! ye-HAH!