PDA

View Full Version : Help with Catgirl Paws and Ears

Medellia
08-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Hi kids! Does anyone have any tutorials/tips/tricks for making cat paws and ears for a catgirl costume? I'm a bit crunched on time and money, so I don't wanna screw up while experimenting. 'Sides, the last cat ears I made weren't very cool ^_^;; At this point, I prefer tried-and-true methods ^_^ Thanks!

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 03:30 AM
Ok, well, paws first off... Get some gloves, preferable old ones, and buy some fake fur. Cut about 1cm-2cm wide of the outline of the gloves on the fur and sew the 2 halves of fake furk togther so that they're inside out (fur is in the middle) just so the seams are on the inside and you dont get a flat pawed cat! With what remains of the fake fur (depends how much you bought, not too much, its costly!!) cut 4 strips roughly 2inches wide and measure them around your wrist so ther'yre just tight enough to stay there without sliding down your arm. Glue (or however you prefer to attatch) some velcro onto the back of these 4 strips so that they're easy to remove without havin to stretch the material by pulling it over your wrists. NOTE: 4 strips cos 2 for wrists, 2 for ankles. As for thr ears, you'll need to make some huge ears out of card board first. One you've cut the triangles for ears out the desired size, take some fake fur (heavy on fur, ne?) and wrap or around the ears and swe or glue or "whatever" them togther however you find easiest and affix them anyway to a hair band that will be hidden by your hair. If that was too vague, email me and I'l do it in steps for you! Laters!

Medellia
08-23-2002, 08:40 PM
thanks! do you have any pics that show how your project came out? I sounds cute! >^-^<

GenderConfusedCloud
08-24-2002, 12:52 PM
I'll borrow my bopyfriends digital camera and try to get some pics inbetween work! That ok?