PDA

View Full Version : friends have let me down

Allia
04-14-2003, 11:30 PM
This is mostly to get out my frustration that has been building up and its for any one who cares to read it I guess.

I just found out today that two of my friends can't go to the con. My one friend(lets call him Bob) called me this morning and asked when we would return home on Sunday. Well first of all I printed out a sheet that had all the info on it like three weeks ago. I had told him that we would be gone for Easter. His parents were having a party and he felt guilty if he was not there. He had know for months that we would not be back till late Sunday, was he in La La land or something! I would not be mad at him because he said he was sorry, but I spent so much time on his costume for him that I still have not finished my own costume( and might not finish it for the con thanks to him) and on top of that I have fallen behind on school work for it. So I have to research for a ten page paper make an outline that is 3-4 pages long, do another history project, finsh two art projects, read a few chapters in four books and there has to be something else because the list is not long enough oh yeah my ten page Latin translation and such packet. I feel so stresses and on top of this I still have some things to make up because I was sick two weeks ago. I think I am going crazy. I feel lost and sometimes I can't get my self to do the work because I'm so depressed eventhough I know by not doing it, I hurt myself more. I have been looking forward to this con for months and I don't want to miss it because I have too much to do.
Then the next bad thing comes when Bob tells me at the end of the conversation that my other friend told him he could not go. He does not even call me to tell me he can't go! I would never have known until the morning of the con and we would have ran late. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I hate it how I give up everything for my friends but they hardly ever return the kindness. I usually don't talk to people about my problems and I'm sorry for taking up your time. I hope I forget my problems when I get to the con.:blubber:

JacksUsername
04-14-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear it....it seems alot of things have been falling through plans wise. Were these other people going to be part in the masquerade, or did they just bail on the hall cosplay? If you need anyone to hang out with, I'll be around all day, and my friends might not be going either, and even if they are, I don't mind another person. I hope you beat the stress at the convention and have fun! hope to see you there!

edit:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10837

see, a few of us have had the same problem. i wouldn't worry about it, :) *optimism*

Something Lulu
04-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Wear Bob's costume! (Seriously, that's what I'd do.) I'm sorry to hear all this happened to you. When is your Spring Break? Can you use that to make up the work? Completed costume or not, Bob or not, you'll have fun at the con either way. I'm sorry you got let down, cuz that never feels good, but just think of the fun you'll have once you're there. I'm stressed now b/c of the work I need to do to finish stuff and plan on how/when I'm going to get there (and pay for it all), but the excitement overrides the stress and makes me feel better. Can't wait to see you at the con! And seriously, you should wear Bob's costume one of the days just so it gets worn. Whether you have the hair or whatever doesn't matter, at least your time and effort (not to mention the costume itself) won't go to waste.

Allia
04-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Thanks so much. I have a few friends going with me but they might bail on me at the con so I'll keep your offer in mind. I'm sorry to hear about your friends. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having this type of problem( not to wish it on others but it just feels good not to be alone).Thanks agian JacksUsername.

Allia
04-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Thanks Something Lu Lu. I'm trying to get one of my friends who is going but who does not want to dress up to wear it. If he does not I like your idea. Thanks for making me feel better. I just can't belive all this stuff is happening to me all at once. This is my spring break this week. I'm working all day to do my homework and make up work and I try to work a little at night on my costume. My mom helps a little but she has been busy lately to and I don't want to cause her more stress than she already has because of work.

JacksUsername
04-15-2003, 12:01 AM
no problem! eek, sounds like a very stressful spring break, that's uncool. You should just take a day off from cosplaying, work, everything and just get some complete relax time in. Good luck!

number18
04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Ugh. That sounds horrible. I kept fearing the same thing would happen to me. Like at first I didn't think I could go atall because I didn't have a job and didn't have a ride. Then I got a job, but still I was worried about the ride. Then I got one but it seemed too good to be true...

but now things are okay. I am still fearing though, that something horrible wil happen last minute...and I DEARLY hope that doesn't happen.

And as for this Bob and the other person, that sounds super shady. I guess you really do just have to hassle people for things like this. =just shakes head= People are so lazy sometimes. And it reminds me of the whole wig incident (check the cram thread). I wonder if I hadn't have asked, would the girl I more or less ordered the wig from have told me herself that it wasnt going to be here on time?

Annoying. My boyfriend gets mad about this sort of thing all the time. Why can't you just rely on people and not worry? Why is everythign a hassle? :/ Like, what's wrong with people?

But oh well. 3 days to the con! EEE!!