PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon Flower Tutorial- Quick, Easy, and Very Pretty

RosyPosy
04-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Someone asked me for a tutorial on how to make ribbon roses. So here it is ^^. My camera died on me just as I was starting to make the tutorial, so I'll post pictures to clarify later. Until then, you just get a badly drawn diagram.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/RosyPosy_02/ribbontutorial.jpg

1. Lay out your ribbon. It should be relatively long, and at least half an inch thick. Any thiner and you will curse yourself for hours about how dumb you were. You can get as thick as you want: the thicker the ribbon, the bigger the rose. Just remember that the thicker you get, the more ribbon it will take.

2. Fold point B (which you can't really see, sorry) over at right angle with a little bit of ribbon hanging over.

3. Fold point B again at another right angle.

4. And again, till you form an almost box. Ignore the length I drew point A, I ran out of room.

5. Repeat all the steps till you have about an inch of ribbon left on point A.

6. Here comes the fun part. Your ribbon should now look the one I drew. It should be several layers thick and have a square in the middle (If it doesn't, don't worry, you just folded the ribbon close together. You don't have to start over ;) )

7. Take the point on top (I think its point A) and, pinching the ribbon so it doesn't unfold, shove it between the layers. In the middle, where the square is. Or if you don't have a square, you get to have fun and shove it where the square SHOULD be.

8. Pull till snug. DO NOT PULL SO HARD IT UNRAVELS THROUGH.

9. Pinch the two points together (two ribbon ends XD) and twist clockwise. If clockwise makes the ribbon unravel, twist counterclockwise.

Eventually it should look like this:

Clicky here to see!! =^.^= (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1038674)

To keep from unraveling, either staple through the two ribbon ends on the bottom, or sew through them.

WHAT TO USE THIS FOR:

These flowers are very useful for hairpieces. I've also used them for dress accents. I'm sure htere are other things. ;)

Have fun and please: If you find a mistake or don't understand, leave a comment. I'm not very good at explaining things.

IzumiContraband
04-06-2007, 07:55 PM
So cute!! I've actually got an EGL dress in the works that I think could benefit from a little something-something, namely, these flowers. ^___^ Thanks for the tutorial!

Ginger Catgirl
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
wow, these look REALLY useful. They would be great for a Yukari dress! (from Paradise Kiss) if I could find really wide ribbon in the right color... I'm pretty sure I could. And I think they'd look prettier than fake roses, actually :P