PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Chess

Gale
04-07-2007, 01:42 PM
I want to enter the cosplay chess at CTcon, but I can't decide which costume to use. Suggestions? Here's what I've got to work with:

Songstress Yuna (http://www.freewebs.com/doyou_believe/songyu.html) which is in the process of being updated and will have a microphone

Summoner Yuna (http://www.freewebs.com/doyou_believe/sumyu.html) which has been slightly updated and will have a staff/wand (if you know the game, you'd know which one)

Lina Inverse, from Slayers NEXT, which is in progress but will be done by July

Edit: Thanks for the input, everyone. I e-mailed the chess coordinator, and she encourages people to enter multiple costumes to be chosen from. Also, sorry to disappoint, but it turns out I'm not doing Lina this year after all. Too many other costumes to do, and Aeris would work better with the skit I've got in mind anyway.

Cels
04-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I'd go with Summoner Yuna or Lina, since for the chess they want easily recognizable characters. (Songstress isn't as well known as the main Yuna)

Personally, I like the Lina Inverse. You see so few Slayers cosplayers lately.

Yuki Eiri
04-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I wish I wasn't going to be stuck at a booth the whole con, I'd go as DoC Vincent or maybe my FFXI Dragoon.

Mystic Blossom
04-09-2007, 09:30 AM
E-mail both costumes, and let the coordinator decide which would work best <3

Gale
04-09-2007, 06:49 PM
E-mail both costumes, and let the coordinator decide which would work best <3

well, I was going to, but from the way it sounds over on the message board its more of a "whatever, first come first serve" kind of deal so I don't know if that's an option...

thanks everyone, by the way!

Nuwanda
04-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I really like your songstress costume.^^

LadyHawke78
04-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I just got my confirmation a few days ago... so I shall be participating in CT-con's Chess match this year as Hawkeye. Woohoo!
Let's just hope there is a Roy on the board for me to abuse... :evil grin:

well, I was going to, but from the way it sounds over on the message board its more of a "whatever, first come first serve" kind of deal so I don't know if that's an option...

AFAIK, you can submit multiple costumes to Chess, and the coordinator will pick which one works best with the combination of other characters in the match. (I know that for Anime Boston's Chess match, a certain cosplayer entered multiple costumes, and we were going to use her first choice, but with the combination of other characters on the board, we chose to go with another costume instead.)

I cannot speak for Connecticon's procedures for selecting characters, but their Chess Coordinator is really cool (I know her from previous conventions) and I'm sure she'd be happy to answer your questions.

I actually really liked your Songstress Yuna (you were the dancing Yuna from AB's masquerade, right?) and personally, I would be THRILLED to see a Lina Inverse in Chess. (Slayers FTW!!) So if it is allowed, I'd submit photos of all three costumes and let them choose. :bigtu:

Gale
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I just got my confirmation a few days ago... so I shall be participating in CT-con's Chess match this year as Hawkeye. Woohoo!
Let's just hope there is a Roy on the board for me to abuse... :evil grin:

AFAIK, you can submit multiple costumes to Chess, and the coordinator will pick which one works best with the combination of other characters in the match. (I know that for Anime Boston's Chess match, a certain cosplayer entered multiple costumes, and we were going to use her first choice, but with the combination of other characters on the board, we chose to go with another costume instead.)

I cannot speak for Connecticon's procedures for selecting characters, but their Chess Coordinator is really cool (I know her from previous conventions) and I'm sure she'd be happy to answer your questions.

I actually really liked your Songstress Yuna (you were the dancing Yuna from AB's masquerade, right?) and personally, I would be THRILLED to see a Lina Inverse in Chess. (Slayers FTW!!) So if it is allowed, I'd submit photos of all three costumes and let them choose. :bigtu:

Yes, that was me :) Thanks! I was also Summoner at the chess, if you get to see a video of it. I did e-mail the CTcon cosplay chess coordinator, and yes she is allowing multiple costume entries to be chosen from. (I wish that was clearer on the website...) Sadly, though, I've removed Lina from my list of costumes for this year, since I've got so many others to do for the Cosplay Musical. I'll likely be entering 5 costume possibilities for the chess now though XD Maybe Lina can make an appearance next year ;)

LadyHawke78
04-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes, that was me :) Thanks! I was also Summoner at the chess, if you get to see a video of it. I did e-mail the CTcon cosplay chess coordinator, and yes she is allowing multiple costume entries to be chosen from. (I wish that was clearer on the website...) Sadly, though, I've removed Lina from my list of costumes for this year, since I've got so many others to do for the Cosplay Musical. I'll likely be entering 5 costume possibilities for the chess now though XD Maybe Lina can make an appearance next year ;)

I haven't gotten a chance to see a vid. of AB's cosplay chess yet... I need to do that one of these days.

Bummer about Lina... :( Oh well, maybe next year. There really needs to be more Slayers cosplay. I'm still trying to convince a friend of mine to cosplay Naga. LOL!!

I REALLY hope I can get a chance to see the Cosplay Musical this year. I had promised MagentaFox I would go and see it last CT-con, but I wound up stuck in Con-Row doing pre-reg stuff for AB.

Gale
04-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I haven't gotten a chance to see a vid. of AB's cosplay chess yet... I need to do that one of these days.

Bummer about Lina... :( Oh well, maybe next year. There really needs to be more Slayers cosplay. I'm still trying to convince a friend of mine to cosplay Naga. LOL!!

I REALLY hope I can get a chance to see the Cosplay Musical this year. I had promised MagentaFox I would go and see it last CT-con, but I wound up stuck in Con-Row doing pre-reg stuff for AB.

Oh, you should! It's going to be awesome. We are working very hard to ensure that ;)

And believe me, I will make a Lina Inverse costume! Its just a question of when...>_>

Aer Arcanum
04-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I also hope to participate in cosplay chess at Connecticon, but I'm having trouble picking a costume. So, is it really first come, first serve, or is it like AB's, where they recieve all the applicants and then make a decision? And I haven't heard anything about a theme, or is that just an AB thing too? AB chess was sooooo much fun!

I want to try to get my KH1 Riku into cosplay chess, but I think Zidane is also a possibility, although that costume hasn't been started yet (thus me freaking out about first-come, first serve). If there was a theme, that would make my decision making easier, but if not then I could try to enter with whatever costume I wanted. Gah, I hate decisions...

Gale
04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I also hope to participate in cosplay chess at Connecticon, but I'm having trouble picking a costume. So, is it really first come, first serve, or is it like AB's, where they recieve all the applicants and then make a decision? And I haven't heard anything about a theme, or is that just an AB thing too? AB chess was sooooo much fun!

I want to try to get my KH1 Riku into cosplay chess, but I think Zidane is also a possibility, although that costume hasn't been started yet (thus me freaking out about first-come, first serve). If there was a theme, that would make my decision making easier, but if not then I could try to enter with whatever costume I wanted. Gah, I hate decisions...

From what I can tell, its a little of both. The coordinator said in her e-mail response to me that you can apply with multiple costumes, but because CTcon is so much smaller I don't think they'll be turning down people much, if at all. Basically, if you apply, they'll likely find some way to use you, though I could be wrong.

Aer Arcanum
04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
From what I can tell, its a little of both. The coordinator said in her e-mail response to me that you can apply with multiple costumes, but because CTcon is so much smaller I don't think they'll be turning down people much, if at all. Basically, if you apply, they'll likely find some way to use you, though I could be wrong.

Alright, thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to this, whatever the outcome may be. Haha, seeing as how I'm usually the stage fright, ultra-shy type, I'm surprising myself about being so adament about participating in these things. But they're fun!

Mucai
04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I want to play the chess game... :\

Gale
04-30-2007, 11:42 PM
I want to play the chess game... :\

then apply with your costume and tell them that :) You never know until you try. Or in this case ask :bigtu:

Hiro_01
05-13-2007, 01:03 AM
hmm i dono. I'm going to sign me and my girlfriend up as Team rocket (jessy and James) AND I'M JAMES!

Mewohkie
05-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Is it cosplay chess... or is it MORPHIN' TIME! Thats right kiddies, the lean green ranger machine has entered. Lets see what you got. It'll be my first time watching cosplay chess live, let alone participating. I'm pretty excited. Lets see how well my Dragonshield protects me.

MagentaFox
05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Hopefully myself and my friend (Shuichi and Yuki in '05 and Raito and Misa in '06) will get in again with our couples costumes. It's a suprise though, but trust me, it's good.