PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to AMA 2007 in June of Virginia Richmond???

SunDemyxCloud55
04-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey you going to the AMA in Richmond, Virginia? Because I need a person to stay with my sister and I, for the Skit's. Since, our mom is not a person who likes to stay up late!! This will be our first AMA Convention and Skit's! So we will be quite nervous and will feel different, without a experienced person, Who has done this before! Also I have question's about the Skit's and another stuff!! We need like somebody to Crash out with and understand this and that! =)

Tanuki-San
04-07-2007, 10:32 PM
uhm, so your mom isn't going but you and your (older/younger?) sister are going by yourselves? Are you getting driven down by your parent(s) or can you drive? I have some stage experience but haven't done too much cosplay, but i could probably help out in some way or another. And I would offer to let you crash but I'm 20 and my roomates are as well, so that's not really an option, ya know. How old are you? Anyways, I'm sure people would be willing to answer whatever questions you might be having, just shootem at 'em, I'll offer whatever advice i can too ^_^. For starters , who will you and your sis be cosplaying as?
As for the room and you finding someone appropriate to crash with, I think there's a thread for the Anime Mid Atlantic message boards for people who are offering/ in need of rooms to stay in. It would definately help to check in there. Good luck though!

fatalinjection
04-07-2007, 11:13 PM
How old are you?

She's 15.

Tanuki-San
04-07-2007, 11:21 PM
*_*, i know it says that in her profile, BUT i didn't know if there was some circumstance wherein her tentatively younger sister made the profile and she posted looking for cosplay and room help.

fatalinjection
04-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Ah, she IMed me earlier, so XD; I was just answering your question.

Tanuki-San
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
i see ^.^ well in that case, thank you

SunDemyxCloud55
04-08-2007, 12:57 AM
No... I'am 15 years old, My sister is the youngest in the family!!! LMFAO! -rofl- Hehe! I just don't like driving with my mom. -rolls eyes- Boring!! I don't like rooming with my mom.... I like being with other people, who have done this before and now what to do.
I haven't decided my costume out yet. Because these questions are driving me crazy man!!

How many skits can I do?

It each skit, I have to be a different Character right?

Do we register at AMA or Somewhere else?

Tanuki-San
04-08-2007, 12:54 PM
No... I'am 15 years old, My sister is the youngest in the family!!! LMFAO! -rofl- Hehe! I just don't like driving with my mom. -rolls eyes- Boring!! I don't like rooming with my mom.... I like being with other people, who have done this before and now what to do.
I haven't decided my costume out yet. Because these questions are driving me crazy man!!

:lost:

How many skits can I do?
I'm not positively sure but i think u can do one skit per costume that you made yourself....

It each skit, I have to be a different Character right?

well, Basically, but once again, you must make them yourself....

Do we register at AMA or Somewhere else?

Preregister through the websitehttp://animemidatlantic.com/reg.html or you can just pay at the door, for like 10 xtra dollars.....

akuma_no_bara
04-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Generally people only do one cosplay in the cosplay event of a convention. I'm not sure you can do more than one. For details on this you can check out the cosplay information on AMA's webpage (http://animemidatlantic.com/) . There is also a cosplay info thread :http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=82898 in the AMA threads where peopel can help you with ideas of what you may want to do. If you do plan on particiapting in the cosplay event you will need to register for the cosplay event at the AMA webpage. There is a skit cosplay contest and a hall contest. If you want to participate in multiple cosplay events you will need multiple outfits and you may consider checking out information on the hall contest as well.

While I can't offer you a room in our full hotel room, you can feel free to PM me and I would be more than happy to try to help you out. I'm 22 (if you were curious). Good luck on everything.