PDA

View Full Version : Excalibolg Tutorial?

MissZombie
04-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Link! (http://accel92.mettre-put-idata.over-blog.com/0/38/51/02/uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg)
(It's the bat-looking thing. :D)

This year I intend to cosplay Dokuro-chan from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan.. the costume is fairly easy, save her weapon.

I was thinking of buying a baseball bat, and buying styrofoam cones.. then glueing them onto the bat (with heavy duty glue, of course!) - and then proceeding to spray paint it the appropriate color.

But I thought I'd post here in hopes of finding a better, or easier, way to make the Excalibolg. Any and all responses are appreciated. n_n

HybridTwist
04-09-2007, 02:08 AM
For the curved points on the club, I was thinking maybe using sculpty and use REALLY strong glue (like epoxy) to attach them. I'm not sure if they'll hold though, so trial and error is the course of action.

ChrowX
04-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I think the sculpty and epoxy idea would work just fine. Only thing you should do in between is score (scratch up) the surface of the bat and the bottom of the spikes. It should help it stick a lot better.
had to do a similar thing with my Skull Sader staff (36 little hot glue spikes x.x) and some of the areas where the PVC pipe hadn't been scored had the spikes falling off.
Of course, though, Hot Glue and Sculpty are different. I was able to score the area again, melt the bottom of the spike and stick it back on.

verdatum
04-09-2007, 12:30 PM
A regular sized baseball bat isn't quite the right shape for excaliborg. It would certainly work, but you may want to look at some of the different shapes for children's wiffle-style bats. Some may be more suited than others.

I really like sculpey (or even somethign like celluclay) over styrofoam, because it just looks so odd and styrofoamy when painted. Also, a lot of spray paints will eat through styrofoam so take care.

I do hope you post pictures in your profile. dokuro-chan is one of my favorite characters :)