View Full Version : Thursday Night Jrock?
04-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Hey everyone! I have a few topics to bring forth..
1) I thought I'd ask if any Jrock Fans will be at Acen Thursday night? A bunch of friends and I are organizing a little party, or get together before the con actually starts. With all the pre-con energy, we might just go insane x_X
We're thinking about possibly watching a few concerts, getting some food (probably pizza), playing some games, or just generally hanging out. All Jrock related of course.
If anyone else is going to be in the hotel that night, and available, let me know! Let me know what times you guys will be getting in town. Depending on the response, I'll post a time and place for the meeting. Also suggestions for things to do would rock.
2) Also, shouldn't we be organizing a Jrock cosplay photoshoot about this time? Only 29 days ^^; I was thinking possibly after the Jrock Panel Friday? In the lobby by the huuuuuge modern sculpture? Put your word in on this, so we can possibly make arrangements.
PS: Don't forget to come to the Jrock Panel! I've been working extra hard to make it amusing!
I'll be there, probably as early as 2-3 pm Thursday. (I'm not exactly sure if I have a room or not for Thursday night at the hotel, but I'm only like 45 minutes away, so I might as well come.)
And I promise not to miss the panel this year...I was...um...distracted and incapacitated last time. ^_-*
Anyway, let me know if you guys need an extra TV &/or a region2 dvd player for videos. Or some food or whatnot.
As far as #2 goes: yeah, I've been trying to get some interest on that for a while, but most of the local j-rock cosplayers I know of rarely, if ever, come to these boards (I can't figure out why)...um, but after the panel makes a lot of sense.
04-17-2003, 11:53 AM
1. Well, at least someone's going to be there ^^; It seems most of the Jrock fans that actually show up to a con....wouldn't know cosplay.com from a hole in the ground. Hard to get the word out -.- But if you're there, that makes a total count of...8 people so far. Hopefully some more people will notice this thread.
You seem incredibly good at organizing things, so maybe, spread the word? ^^
I'm not sure what we'll be needing, as of yet. The region 2 DVD player sounds like a helpful addition. I'd really appreciate that!
As to time and place, still to be decided as we wait to hear from anyone else...-.-
2. Last year about this time, cosplay photo shoot conversations were flying. I haven't seen too many this year. Maybe a thread for cosplayers to arrange photoshoots should be started...hmm..
Anyways, hope to see ya there!
1. I'll be there, of course. And than doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the fact that I'm part of Bansaku's cosplay group and am staying in the room >_>...
Anyways, it should be fun. Gives us something to do Thursday night instead of stalking around the hotel and eating the plants.
2. Last year, the photoshoots were fun and a good way for everyone to get together. As long as we stake out the fugly statue before the Weiß people do like last year...ah, memories *__*...
Ah, that's all. People better come or I WILL eat those plants. Just watch me.
That wasn't too convincing, was it...
1. Sometimes organizing things works. Um, I know of 3-5 other people who'd come (if they'll be in on Thursday)...maybe I should make a new thread for arrival dates.
2. That's the thread that got stickied at the top of this forum...um, nobody's been giving me actual times yet...I'm lucky if I'm getting even the choice of day out of them. Oh well, I try.
04-17-2003, 04:00 PM
I'll be there about 7-8 pm on thursday,I don't know much about j-rock,but I'm in! ^^
Well, LW, you're pretty brave, then. You know there might be hazing for newbies or something ^_-
Um...I'm not running the suite I'm staying in anymore, but Thursday might be kinda quiet, so if you guys need a bigger meeting area for the party, I can probably arrange that. If you want it, anyway. Unless you wanna hold it out in the lobby so there will be plants to eat.
This is a little OT, but I was wondering if anyone has info on the JRock panel at ACen. The ACen website divulges no specific day or time.
It's not that off-topic...and I know what you mean - I need to know, too. It doesn't seem to be talked about anywhere. I was kinda wondering who was running it, as well.
04-28-2003, 11:23 PM
I've replied to this a few times elsewhere but I guess I'll repeat myself ^^;; The Jrock panel is being run by me, and my cohort Pata. The tentative schedule for it is Friday at 2pm. Nothing has been set in stone until they actually post the layout on their site, but it seems to be working out that way.
Anyways...hope that answers some questions ^^ I can answer anything about the panel that you might want to know, other than how long it'll run....cause I don't know yet.
I'd suggest coming ^_~. We've got games and prizes...and possibly ...Duel Jewel as special guests. They said if their schedule permits, they might drop in ^^ (See offical DJ BBS).
Anyways, I'm getting lengthy...
*smacks self in the forehead* they just posted the Live Programming schedule. yay! Thanks for the info, Bansaku. I'm really excited about the panel ^_^
Er, maybe you did mention it around here somewhere...we're blind sometimes X_x* Er, I'll put a little note about it on the group thread too so nobody misses it.
04-29-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm not to incredibly big on going to panels... i fall asleep every time i go to one but you might be able to convice me. I do however love photoshoots ^-^ plus my mom just spent around $120 on my 'tsumi to batsu' Kyo-san costume ^-^
Kyo? >o_o< That almost tempts me to bring that Kaoru, then. Hmm, I wasn't going to, cuz I already promised to bring FILTH Kaoru. And then I got my Lida, too. Um, but maybe I'll think about it. I didn't get any decent shots at Katsu of that one anyway.
So I take it that everyone here is planning to wear their J Rock costumes to the panel? I'm probably going to put on my Malice Mizer costume right before I go there, and keep it on for the Duel Jewel concert.
04-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Finally! A schedule! Wow, and hour an half to entertain the panel attendees...this should be fun lol. And yea, when I mentioned the panel it was a little out-of-place ^^; Not surprised people didn't see.
Well...now that I've seen this schedule, I want to post that...
THE JROCK PHOTOSHOOT - The photoshoot will be held in the lobby, by the modern art sculpture, after the panel at 3:30. So...remember...3:30 for the Jrock Cosplayers running around. We'll be quick so afterwards you can skip off to join the DJ line.
As to the JROCK PARTY, I'm just about to clear up the time issue with the ML and then, according to the response, I'll post the final times here.
PS: Mara...did you go to Otakon as Gardenia Mana last year? My group and I hung out with a Gardenia Mana cosplayer named Mara from IL there and I was wondering if you were one in the same...
Bansaku- Yes, I was ^___^ You guys were so nice! Wow- YOU'RE the one in charge of the JRock panel?!?! Sweet!
I'm really glad I get to see you guys again, as well. ^_^ Now my feelings that ACen is going to rock this year are more justified.
05-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone! I am going to ACen with Bansaku and Pata. The J-rock party will be fun! Can't wait to see you all!
Hi Mara *waves* ^_^ I was Cheerleader Mana at Otakon, it will be nice to see you again!