PDA

View Full Version : Sakura-con 2007: What did you think?

AznTranquility
04-08-2007, 09:11 PM
How did it go in general?

Did you dress up [cosplay]?

Had fun?

Best experiences?

Worst experiences?

Which event did you think was the best?

Anything you want to be changed next year?

Going to Sakuracon 2008?

DJCheezy
04-08-2007, 09:15 PM
How did it go in general? Yup went Friday night ^^

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Sadly no

Had fun? Fuck yea the rave was killer! ^^

Best experiences? Ive had better XD

Worst experiences? errr what? nah XD

Which event did you think was the best? teh rave!! jimini cricket killed it! XD
and the gaiaonline.com panel

Anything you want to be changed next year? Yea all the gaia admins come to the gaiaonline.com panel instead of two mods XD

Going to Sakuracon 2008? Probably :)

HelenaInvictus
04-08-2007, 09:23 PM
The autographing session was poorly communicated and poorly handled. Half the staff was telling us one thing, then the other half would come over ten minutes later to override it. In the end, there were a lot of hurt feelings and miscommunications. The event was poorly planned.

Other than that, it was SMOOOOOTH like Santana.

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Had a fun time. Enjoyed the Sunday morning service. Especially had fun at Karaoke.

MooMooMaki
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I was really disappointed. I had more fun sitting in the hotel room playing Pokemon Snap. Ever since the con moved locations, it just hasn't been as great. :/

GirlyAnimeGirl
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I thought Sakura Con was awesome! It was my first convention and I defientely am going to go to Sakura Con 2008. I saw a lot of great cosplays and there was a lot of cool people there. Next time I am going to cosplay a character since I know how a con is like. Plus I saw the coolest Auron there!
I also got Vic's autograph and it took a long time to get it standing in a line for 3 1/2 hours XD! It was totally worth it though ^_^ He's awesome!

-Tidus

Lukas Sanvien
04-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Went on Saturday, had a blast. Next year, I am for certain unleashing the burning hand of my pent-up cosplay addiction.

What would I change about this year? I saw few, if any, organized photoshoots. Although I will say that, to the Guilty Gear crew (you know who you are), you guys were excellent. I look forward to those, since it gives me a chanceto see all the costumes from a certain series at once.

Other than that, it was great.

Le Rikki
04-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I'd say this year ran smoothly for me on a personal level (as there was less drama with my group than previous years) and his was the first year I did a group cosplay. I can't seem to imagine why I would ever not want to cosplay with my friends!

Karaoke was a blast as well. Singing the Pokemon theme song a cappella with my buddy (and a Pikachu), and losing all self-respect in the process was fantastic. I'll definitely be there next year. : D

Eliteslayer
04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh, I had an amazing time! I was only there for Sunday, but that was well worth it. The only conventions I've been too earlier were rather smaller, so I was pretty amazed at the large-scale size of this convention, but it was great. There were a few things that I didn't get to do, things that I missed, but I don't care. I had enough fun as it was.

Fighting Manjoume FTW!

kiwi
04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I was really disappointed. I had more fun sitting in the hotel room playing Pokemon Snap. Ever since the con moved locations, it just hasn't been as great. :/

I agree to a point. I had fun like I have every year, but I couldn't help but notice the crowd has changed a lot in the past couple years. The con's been mainstreamed and it's in a much more accessible location, so not only do we get the random people-watchers wandering in, but there's a larger number of... how best to say 'non-con people'? There's still the core of fans who get into it, cosplay, and have a lot of fun with it, but a fair bit of the increased attendence this year were people who seemed to miss the spirit of the con. I overheard more than a few comments that were openly hostile to cosplay, etc, from badge-wearing attendees. I left the dance area on Saturday night because it didn't even feel like Sakura con.

And that's kind of sad, but I suppose it's the price that comes with mainstreaming and growing.

keropan
04-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I overheard more than a few comments that were openly hostile to cosplay, etc, from badge-wearing attendees. I left the dance area on Saturday night because it didn't even feel like Sakura con.

And that's kind of sad, but I suppose it's the price that comes with mainstreaming and growing.

You know what? Me and my friends feel the same, too. We had the best time of our lives in 2005, the last year they held it near the airport but last year and this year just can't compare - though I did have a bit more fun this year than last.

And I definitely agree with you on the cosplay-criticism thing. I was in line at Starbucks and this mother-daughter duo who were not cosplaying were just attacking certain aspects of people's costumes and being unfair/critical. It made me incredibly annoyed for some reason.

Anyway, the survey-thinger!:
How did it go in general? It was decent, better than last year personally.

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Yup :D Roxas (KH2) and somewhat half-arsed little Sasuke (pre-clan massacre) from Naruto.

Had fun? Ehh... not bad? I had my moments.

Best experiences? The concerts (especially move!), random moments where cosplayers would chase each other across the courtyard.. haha <3

Worst experiences? Probably the Sunday move autograph session - where they split the line in half 10 minutes into session - one for people to go up and buy CDs and another for people to sign other things. What about the non-CD buying people who got there way before the CD-buyers? :\

Which event did you think was the best? move concert, definitely. Other than that, I'm not much of a panel person (still have yet to go to one ^^;;)

Anything you want to be changed next year? More organization would be LOVELY. Sunday's always the slowest day and it seemed a bit more slower than usual this year due to Easter.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? Haven't pre-registered yet! Holding off to see what my schedule's like, my mood, etc. XD;;

RikoBurandetsu
04-09-2007, 12:30 AM
How did it go in general? I'd say it was pretty good. I wish I could have stayed longer for both of the dances. I didn't mind going home to my own bed, but...yeah.

Did you cosplay? Of course!

Had fun? HELL YEAH!

Best experiences? Actually being recognized for who I dressed up as, and getting complimented on my Lolita dress. Oh, and getting my picture taken with Piano Squall! (I swear I'm not a rabid fangirl...)

Worst experiences? Getting rained on? I don't know; it was all pretty good.

Which event did you think was the best? The Piano Squall concert! He was hilarious, and I adore piano music.

Anything you want to be changed next year? Hmmm... Longer hours for the dealers room?

Going to Sakuracon 2008? If I can get out of California, yeah!

BlackLychee
04-09-2007, 12:44 AM
How did it go? Well, we think! It was great to see everyone's cosplays and gleefully frolic amongst the vendors.

Did you cosplay? Yes and no. I carried a Red Nocturne Heartless on a fishing pole (that had to be peacebonded only on the last day, oddly enough) and Lychee was Martel on Friday, and then Armor!Alphonse for Saturday and Sunday.

Did we have fun? We laughed. We cried. We wrecked our bank accounts upon the shoals of the Exhibitor's Hall. So in short, yes.

Best experience: Getting to see and hear Vic Mignogna and Piano Squall performing 'Bratja' together. Hoooo son.

Worst experience: I dropped and broke my digital camera. Lychee's eyebrow piercing was disposed of by the hotel's cleaning staff. Neither of those were particularly euphoria-inducing.

Best event? We agree with Riko. Piano Squall rocks our boxers. And by that I mean we want his babies.

What would you change for next year? We understand that planning a convention is hard. Very, very hard. And that the schedule tend to be a bit... flexible. But the last-minute changes were just mind-boggling, particularly for those who would wait in line for an event only to have it cancelled. Neither of us were particularly happy with Kouta-Hirano-Yasuhiro-Nightow-Signature-Gate either. The lottery system was highly unfair to those who arrived early to wait in line and the notifications of the lottery system were hidden away in unseen nooks and crannies of the convention center at best. While we understand the need of the authors to deal with only so many fans at a time, the way that was handled was messy and unprofessional. More notifications and a little more organization would have helped, and have kept a lot of people from being completely shafted.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? Yes and no. Lychee may be going, but I'll (probably) have just left for Japan.

SvK
04-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Hitokiri Kenshi: I wanted to go to Vic's service, but I didn't see it listed in the schedule and I figured it would be packed like his autograph session, so I gave up on it.

Lukas Sanvien: Guilty Gear was organized? I assure you we were not organized. We blocked the entrance to a pizza place for maybe fifteen minutes discussing how to acquire food.

Le Rikki: Your performance was my favorite.

Overall, Sakura-Con 2007 was very good for me. I did have to walk 15 blocks in the rain, and my arms and legs now hurt from standing, walking, and carrying props all day. But that can't compare to the fun I had seeing all the great costumes, chatting with tons of new acquaintances, getting my picture taken, and rolling over the entire convention with the endless Guilty Gear photoshoot. People even liked my other costume, which isn't even Japanese. I hardly attended any events, just a bit of kareoke and a few skits in the Masquerade. I would like the sound turned down for the concerts and movies. I avoided the dance on Saturday and the Hellsing premiere because I feared permanent hearing damage.

Kioko
04-09-2007, 02:14 AM
It was a nice break before I start my semester’s end university exams and essays.

Friday- Kururu- Air Gear
Haruhi- Ouran
Saturday- Lacus(Kelly Osborne Lol… sorry…>> it was a joke between my friends and I and anyone who has watched Kelly’s show where she dressed up as Lacus.)-Gundam Seed
Mikan-Air Gear

Had fun?
Sure did. It’s hard not to have fun if you are as in good of company as I was lucky to have been in all weekend.

Best experiences?
Most likely ones that were spent meeting new people and hanging out with my friends. And stalking many cosplayers with my photography partner Jing.

Getting my butt handed to me in the video game room playing Soul Calibur. It was nice when some ppl would allow me to win.><

Worst experiences?
The rave… It was really disappointing! I mean… I know others are going to really disagree with me on this, but this was an anime convention and as such I should not be shocked to find that NO anime music was played at the dance. We are anime fans… not wannabe ravers. If I wanted to hear linkin park and generic techno I could go to any other club:S I dunno it was just kinda sad to find that people don’t seem to want to have some anime music thrown into the dance. Its more exciting when you know what your dancing to. And after all Anime is the reason why we are all here or at least don’t you think it should be?

I was really busy so I experienced the events in small bits but from what I saw the AMV contest was fairly entertaining and the concerts went smashingly.

-Maybe mix in some anime tunes with the rave. That or at least have an hour or two dedicated just to anime music so ppl who are looking for that can go to the dance during those times.

-I would not mind seeing Artist Alley moved back into the dealers room. I kinda felt sorry for them as they were stuck within a dark corner of the convention center.

-A change of dates would also help out some of the university students. That time of the year is very hard for us with final essays due the week before and exams starting the week after.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
As long as nothing comes up within the mean time I do not see why not.

Starman Junior
04-09-2007, 02:18 AM
I have to agree with the Maki-ness, I had more fun when Sakura Con was back at Sea-Tac, it seemed more.... unn, I can't really explain it, but cozy?

It was okay. Things unraveled here and there.... The autograph sessions, the closing ceremonies... someone conveniently breaking the escalator going to the sixth floor right as the Dirge of Cerberus group was using the stairs next to registration for a photoshoot. >o>

I was Nero the Sable from Dirge of Cerberus. Not a lot of people saw me, though, I could only wear the costume for a few hours at a time.

[B]Had fun?
Yes, moreso out of cosplay, sadly.

Best experiences?
When two cute Naruto cosplayers interviewed my boyfriend and I as Nero and Weiss, and when people followed me around for no particular reason. I felt like I had an entourage, haha.

Worst experiences?
People who would touch and grab at my costume without asking, or call my friends rude for denying pictures when all they were trying to do was get my wings off because they were bloody killing me. Seriously; 90 pound girl + 40 pound wings + costume that doesn't breathe + three hours = :( I also didn't like it when someone told my boyfriend to put on a shirt as Weiss, while a half-naked under-aged girl was about three feet away from us. I don't see what's so inappropriate about a guy with his shirt off in comparison to what you see many girls often wearing, (ie. nearly nothing.) I mean seriously, I cosplayed Dizzy and A.B.A., and got no flack for either.

m.o.v.e concert.

To have all the staff on the same rule book?

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Sure.

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Hitokiri Kenshi:
Lukas Sanvien: Guilty Gear was organized? I assure you we were not organized. We blocked the entrance to a pizza place for maybe fifteen minutes discussing how to acquire food.

I was talking about your photoshoot up on whatever floor it was, I think four, in front of the doors leading out to the garden. You stuck together as a group, and I could easily see and identify each character involved. You had a WICKED Sol Badguy, I-No, and Dizzy. I liked those three the best, but you all were stellar. That was organized. I missed the comraderie and organization of the FMA/Naruto/Bleach photoshoots of last year. That's what I meant.

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-09-2007, 03:20 AM
Hitokiri Kenshi: I wanted to go to Vic's service, but I didn't see it listed in the schedule and I figured it would be packed like his autograph session, so I gave up on it.

Even though they had it in the concert area, it wasn't that packed. Was surprised by it, though some in the line figured own reasons why it wasn't.

Eurobeat King
04-09-2007, 03:25 AM
The con's been mainstreamed and it's in a much more accessible location, so not only do we get the random people-watchers wandering in, but there's a larger number of... how best to say 'non-con people'?

I did notice there were a lot of non-convention people going in/out of the convention center, and especially a lot more homeless people going inside.. Granted that convention center security is checking people for badges and keeping the aisles clear of traffic, but shouldn't they also tell people who are panhandling inside or stinking up the place to leave? :razz:

One example of a real stench was Saturday night during the Dirge of Cerberus gathering on the first floor of the convention center by the big vases, statues, etc. That area is really clean, well-lit, and there's even a security-desk posted there. Welll, while everyone was waiting for the gathering to begin, this one homeless guy was sitting there for a good 15-20 minutes, with a large duffel-bag and I dunno if it was that or him, but he emitted a reallly awful stench that could be smelled within a 5 foot radius.. :thumbsup:

Also, did anyone know if that musical band that was playing on Sunday by the exit to the courtyard were con-attendees or not? I was leaving around 4:30pm, and I heard them playing Christmas music!! A little early, don't you think? haha :D

Starman Junior
04-09-2007, 04:32 AM
One example of a real stench was Saturday night during the Dirge of Cerberus gathering on the first floor of the convention center by the big vases, statues, etc. That area is really clean, well-lit, and there's even a security-desk posted there. Welll, while everyone was waiting for the gathering to begin, this one homeless guy was sitting there for a good 15-20 minutes, with a large duffel-bag and I dunno if it was that or him, but he emitted a reallly awful stench that could be smelled within a 5 foot radius.. :thumbsup:
Haha, woooow. I guess I should be grateful I was late to the shoot meet. xD''''

Cocoa
04-09-2007, 04:40 AM
Rather well, really.

Yep - Ada Wong (RE4), Leon Kennedy (RE4), and Isamu Nitta (Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne)

Had fun?
Most definately ^^

Best experiences?
The ridiculous circle dance at the masquerade ball Friday night, seeing the awesome Haruhi dance by Team Dreamcatcher at the end of the cosplay contest, running into friends I hadn't seen in a while, getting lots of compliments on my costumes, the awesome, awesome Jack Sparrow wandering around.

Worst experiences?
Three-inch stiletto heels Friday, hour wait in the pre-reg line Friday morning, screeching fangirls.

I don't go to events much, so hard to say - I was really impressed with some of the masquerade skits this year, though.

The registration line-up was terrible - I don't know how exactly it could be made faster, but I know other cons of the same size manage it somehow. I agree that the Hirano-Nightow signings were not as well planned as they could have been (and I was one of the lucky sixty), although there _were_ signs explaining the system up outside the autograph room a good three hours ahead of time. Maybe next year have a drawing for a smaller number (~10?) to get personal sketches, and then everyone else just gets autographs? I think that'd make more people happy.

And a relatively minor detail, but chairs and a video feed of the stage in the cosplay green room would have been nice - apparently they had it last year?

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Most likely, yes.

Jujubeans
04-09-2007, 12:55 PM
It was great! My husband and I went to the big guest reception and met the big Japanese names. Since I have a good calling voice and my hubby ADORES the English VA's, we were able to hang out with them afterwards. I'll get to that later.

Uryuu Ishida on Friday, long haired Lulu on Saturday.

Had fun?
YES.

Best experiences?
Okay. After the guest reception, I wrangled the English VA's, guests and their liasons into the Sheraton elevator and we went to the bar. Vic had to go to some panel he had going on. It was beter that was bc all we did after that was drink ourselves silly. Each of the guests went their own way with our program drawing silly faces on eachother and commenting on it. I can't let certain people see the program or else it'll open a new can of worms in the industry. My husband and I got in well with the head of liasons. I went to the Dreamcatchers performance and was elected to be a contestant for the Nausicaa contest. I got second prize and had a chance to shake Sumi-san's hand. ^____^

Worst experiences?
I think I made Vic mad at me by telling a bad joke. :\ Eh, it happens.

The after dinner party at the Sheraton Bar.

Hell yes. Learn to schedule people! Events were getting pushed to other days because there were time restraints or events were half an hour late because the incompetant staff didn't know how to work the equipment. The pushed events were then cancelled because the guests had to fly out the time the event was scheduled. I had a Marta cosplayer next to me rave to me at the Dreamcatchers event that things would have gone better if the staff knew what the heck they were doing.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
More than likely as a guest liason.

Kagami-chan
04-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Meh, it could've been better. There was a lot of drama, but it was still fun. Especially Sunday and Friday.

Durr. Kairi, Kairi, Lucy, Tooth-Ache Hunny, Haruhi, er...can't remember anyone else at the moment. ^^;;

Had fun?
For the most part.

Best experiences?
Meeting new people. That was hella fun, though it sounds corny.

Worst experiences?
Having to hide from people and then...when me and my friends had gone way too far and were walking back and we were all wearing short skirts. And then this one guy started whistling at us.

Vic's service was fun. I didn't go to many events. xD;;

I want them to be a little more organized. They kept changing things around on the schedule and that wasn't the most fun thing in the world.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Durr.

Freya_desu
04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Overally it was pretty fun :D Some things could have run more smoothly, me thinks, but in general it was good times.

Yurp!
Friday :: Matsumoto Rangiku (BLEACH) + Club Sakura
Saturday :: Sakuma Ryuichi!Jrock style (Gravitation)
Sunday :: Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic!)

Had fun?
Oh yes!

Best experiences?
Dur, I think most of Friday was just full of the 'best' experiences. The Bleach Photoshoot then is definitely at the top of my list~

Worst experiences?
Waiting for closing ceremonies D: I know the charity auction is definitely important and I was really happy that it raised so much money, really! Just that the ceremonies started over an hour and a half LATE and were insanely short and not that impressive...yeah.

I missed Piano Squall! (BLASPHEMY!) But I'm sure that was the best ^_^ I did enjoy the dating game, and very glad they finally let Jesus go up!

It seemed like the schedule was weird this year. Everyone was trying to avoid certain events so sometimes it was like there wasn't anything going on O.o;

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
I think I'd die if I didn't!

Worst experiences?
The rave… It was really disappointing! I mean… I know others are going to really disagree with me on this, but this was an anime convention and as such I should not be shocked to find that NO anime music was played at the dance. We are anime fans… not wannabe ravers. If I wanted to hear linkin park and generic techno I could go to any other club:S I dunno it was just kinda sad to find that people don’t seem to want to have some anime music thrown into the dance. Its more exciting when you know what your dancing to. And after all Anime is the reason why we are all here or at least don’t you think it should be?

I enjoyed the rave but I totally agree! I was definitely disappointed there wasn't more...animeness in it. There wasn't nearly as much cosplay there as I'd hoped either!

Jujubeans
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Best experiences?
Dur, I think most of Friday was just full of the 'best' experiences. The Bleach Photoshoot then is definitely at the top of my list~

I have to send you that piccy of my Kon with you Freya. :]

Evilminion
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Remarkably well, considering. There were a lot of really long lines, some overcrowding at popular events, and a nigh-criminal number of scheduling snafus, but by and large, it was a good convention.

Absolutely. :toothy: It was our first time cosplaying in nearly 20 years, as a sort of celebration of my 40th birthday, heh. Hubby and I decided that we're never too old to dress up! So for about four or five hours on Saturday, he was Auron from FFX and I was Vivi from FFIX. We looked pretty darn good (http://www.tokyo-tower.org/gallery/main.php/v/cons/sakuracon07/DSCF1882.JPG.html) for a couple of oldsters!

Had fun?
Again, absolutely! So much fun, in fact, that I rather regret all the conventions we've gone to and not cosplayed at, heh. I really had forgotten how much more fun a con is when you're properly attired for it.

Best experiences?
For me: being chibi-glomped. A tiny, tiiiiiny child dressed as Kon toddled across the room with her arms out, carefully hugged my legs, and happily toddled back to her daddy. I guess it's true... everybody really does love Vivi!

For my hubby: being spotted by a group of late-teen girls who started squealing "SIR AURON!" and mobbing him for photos. :heart: Here's hoping it made up for the two solid hours it took to get him into costume, build the scar on his face, and make his wig look like actual hair! (I love you, honey. :))

Worst experiences?
The whole appalling situation with the Trigun/Hellsing manga-ka autograph session. It's been griped about elsewhere, so I won't belabor the point, but the handling of the situation was an embarrassment to the con.

The charity auction. :bigtu: Hubby and I are huge fans of Make-A-Wish, so every year we save up for this event, and go home with some really nifty stuff. But the organizers outdid themselves in acquiring great items to auction off this year, and we managed to snag two shikishi signed by every one of the Japanese guests (http://www.evilminion.com/transfer/shikishi-sakuracon.jpg), plus a drop-dead-gorgeous original sketch of D (http://www.evilminion.com/transfer/shikishi-vhd.jpg) from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. *purr purr purr purr purr* All for about half of what they would have cost down at Expo. I'm so happy about it, I'll be squealing for a week!

Better organization and scheduling! The Sunday autograph sessions were a fiasco, the charity auction was assigned the same room as closing ceremonies (insane!), and probably a full quarter of the weekend events either changed times, started late, or were cancelled. Given that the convention committee has a full year to plan each convention, this sort of disorganization is unfathomable, and very disappointing.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Not just yes, but hell yes. :toothy: And now that we've got a taste for cosplaying again, you can bet we'll be there in another set of fancy rags.

RikoBurandetsu
04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Worst experiences?

You know, I was kind of wondering about that myself, but quite honestly, I'm glad they didn't play much. I went to the 'ball' and all they played there was anime music. I thought it would be much cooler than it was--most of the songs were VERY hard to dance to, except for the ONE waltz. It was much easier to just rock out with all the generic techno. Ultimately? I think some techno remixes of cool anime music would be perfect, because we would get to satisfy our fan needs, as well as being able to dance properly with a good beat. Maybe I'll get my DJ friend to mix some for me sometime...

Evilminion
04-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I carried a Red Nocturne Heartless on a fishing pole...

Eeeeee! So you were the one with the heartless-onna-stick! We laughed about that all weekend, and wanted to steal him from you. :toothy: Sooooooo cool.

I was Nero the Sable from Dirge of Cerberus. [Big mechanical wings and a straight-jacket bodysuit that all lit up?] Not a lot of people saw me, though, I could only wear the costume for a few hours at a time.

If yours is the costume I'm thinking of, we used a photo of you in our post-con coverage on Microsoft's game blog site (http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/04/09/543892.aspx). You looked incredible, if a bit uncomfy!

Plus I saw the coolest Auron there!

I'll have you know that you absolutely made my husband's day with this comment. Thank you!

...long haired Lulu on Saturday.

And might I point out that you looked incredible? I'm so happy that Tidus managed to snag a photo of you with my hubby... you guys were perfect.

ultimaaa
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I had a blast, though the amount of walking I had to do to get to the convention center (I live down by the Art Institute, by the waterfront) made me very very sore. D:

Suuuure did. Bankai!Hitsugaya on Friday, Bridget from Guilty Gear on Saturday, and Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss (the only one!) on Sunday.

Had fun?
Yeeup.

Best experiences?
Oh god, probably the Guilty Gear photo shoot(s) on Saturday. So much epic win right there. The Friday Bleach photo shoot was fantastic too.

Worst experiences?
The dance was kinda boring, IMHO. And con ops was very disorganized. My friend had to get a replacement badge on Saturday night because she left it at my place and it took FOREVER just to print it off and write her name on it. Also, really crowded, though I suppose my costume didn't help with that. XD I apologize to anyone I may have almost knocked out with my wings on Friday, it was really hard to move in them.

Didn't really go to any, actually. ^^

More organized staff, less rain (doubtful xD)... yeah.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Most definately.

Raidenator4
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
How did it go in general? It was really fun. But my friend got really annoying at times -_-;;

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Yup. T.K. (Digimon)

Had fun? Yeah~!

Best experiences? Meeting Kylee Henke (Sonicrocksmysocks) <3

Worst experiences? Having to leave...

Which event did you think was the best? Karaoke was pretty amusing to watch XD

Anything you want to be changed next year? *Shrugs* I dunno.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? If I can make it, yeah!

Starman Junior
04-09-2007, 09:59 PM
If yours is the costume I'm thinking of, we used a photo of you in our post-con coverage on Microsoft's game blog site (http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/04/09/543892.aspx). You looked incredible, if a bit uncomfy!
Eee, thank yooou~! [Such a neat photo, too, with Vincent's gun clear in site.] Haha, and yes, it was indeed a very painful costume, it took three people just to get it on me and two people to get me out. Ah, and I have to agree with you - you and your husband look spectacular!

Freya_desu
04-09-2007, 10:31 PM
I have to send you that piccy of my Kon with you Freya. :]

I love your Kon! Yes, you must~ I'd really like to see it ^_^

Kumi-chan
04-10-2007, 12:40 AM
How did it go in general? So-so to really-not-that-great-at-all, though in large part that's due to my own planning or lack thereof. I didn't attend the dances (just walked in and then left because I was so exhausted) or meet any guests, didn't go to any panels, didn't buy one piece of merchandise, saw no anime, and was completely and utterly flat broke by Friday morning due to the hotel taking all my money. Lucky I brought food.

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Heck yes! About the only con-like thing I did the whole weekend. The groups I was supposed to meet up with didn't work out though, and I was late for the shoot I was supposed to have organized.

Had fun? Heh. On Saturday, yeah, since I got to hang out with friends, and I actually got some sleep on Friday night. But the way the weekend ended...

Best experiences? The Cosplay. It's the only event I attended, and the performances were great. I absolutely loved the one by...I believe the group/name of the skit was Ninja of the Night? The one in which Ed tries to confess his feelings. Just the fact that they didn't go the whole Ed/Mustang route was a relief in and of itself (I'm so sick of those). The entire thing was beautifully done, super-cute, hilarious, and touching, and starred my all-time favorite Ed cosplayer.

Worst experiences? A toss-up between Friday morning and pretty much all of Sunday. I didn't cancel my room on time, so I was stuck in it for Thursday night, and then discovered upon check-out that for some reason or another, my debit account was overdrawn (I believe it might have something to do with them holding an extra hundred when you reserve on your debit card). I only had a hundred cash, so I ended up having to call on a friend to bail me out. This also meant I had no money for the weekend.

Sunday, I had to spend two long shifts in the staff hospitality suite (partly due to me missing a lot of staff work the other days), from 1 - 8 a.m. and 2 - 8:30 p.m. I didn't get to attend the con all day, since I had to spend the time between my shifts checking out of my friend's room and dropping my stuff off at home (couldn't pay to park in Seattle). Sunday t.v. sucks, and I was completely alone for the last two and a half hours of my shift, when I usually attend closing ceremonies. It may have been the lack of sleep catching up, but it's not a good con when you end up a sobbing mess at the end of it.

Which event did you think was the best? Cosplay's the only one I attended, but it's always a good one. The ten-year video retrospective was a really nice touch.

Anything you want to be changed next year? Personally, I want to plan things better and if I staff again, pick something that has me on the convention site at all times, but I didn't get to experience enough of it myself to know if I want the staff themselves to do anything different. I know they're all overworked.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? Always. One bad year doesn't destroy the memories of four other excellent ones, especially when I know that most of my problems this time around I brought upon myself. (The money thing was a dirty trick, though, and makes me realize I seriously need a credit card). I'll give myself a week to recover, and then start planning how I can learn from my experiences.

Iknowscience
04-10-2007, 01:33 AM
I met GABE from Penny Arcade. Need I say more?

My first con. Was totally worth it. Goin' back next year with a vengeance.

A VENGEANCE.

kimmi-chan
04-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Overall, I had LOADS of fun :D

I went as HINATA all three days ^__^ I didn't have the time or money to do more than that ^_^;;

Had fun?
Yea, I had alot of fun! There were so many AWESOME cosplay! I was overwhelmed!!

Best experiences?
Just being in that "otaku" atmosphere and feeling like I belonged :D I love have friendly everyone I ran into were! It made me feel really good ^__^

Worst experiences?
Having to leave the con :( Oh, and having my calves hurt so badly from walking around for 3 days!!! I could BARELY walk came Sunday! But I pressed on! LOL it was such a NICE workout! but a very painful one!

HAS to be the m.o.v.e. concert... they TOTALLY RAWKED the con!!! and I mean LITERALLY! lol the floor was shaking so much from excited fans that i thought we were ALL going to fall through the floor! it was GREAT!

I have to agree with an earlier comment... i REALLY wished the vendors were open later... :( i didn't get to spend as much time with the anime goodies as I had wanted

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
I DEFINATELY will try to come back! I'm from TEXAS so it's not AS convenient for me to make it SC as my friends who I KNOW will be there next year :D

Iknowscience
04-10-2007, 01:48 AM
HAS to be the m.o.v.e. concert... they TOTALLY RAWKED the con!!! and I mean LITERALLY! lol the floor was shaking so much from excited fans that i thought we were ALL going to fall through the floor! it was GREAT!Yeah! That was crazy! They definitely rocked the hell out of that place.

i3eef
04-10-2007, 02:12 PM

OMGAWD! I totally agree! This was my first year going BACK to Sakura-con in a new location.
I liked it better @ The Hilton...It seemed more energetic and private.

[missin' the good 'ol days]

Usachan
04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
How did it go in general? I think things went up and down well. The
up part cause there was so much to do from Friday to Saturday but less on
Sunday. I made a lot of friends cosplaying as SailorMoon character's and got
to talk to them about what they used or did to make or buy their costumes.

Did you dress up [cosplay]? I shure did! however I only got to be my
RetroChi for one day, because my costume had a costume maulfunction and
I was unable to wear the top part of it, but I still put on my poodle skirt for
the rest of the days at the convention and a pink top and a pink scarf aswell.

Best experiences? The cosplay, I was very intriqued with everything
and anything I saw. Things were extravagant and magnificent between and
in detail from head to toe. Also, my friend who was a Pikachu let me wear
her costume and I got hugs and pictures taken and even glomps and a few
marriage proposals. It was nice to see a huge age and diversity groups there.

Worst experiences? I was overly disapointed in the staff. When it
came to asking about a change in one event another one told me something
different. Also, the dealer's room had very few manga and dvd merchants
this year. Quite a difference from last year and I found that one merchant
there who I call the 'Loud-mouthed Yaoi' simply disturbing and shouted out
some inappropiate comments in which I had to report as I didn't find amusing.

There was also a larger higher price for some items that I didn't agree to
see or wish to pay as I just didn't have the money for or could afford either.

Which event did you think was the best? Piano Squall! I love his music
and the intense and putting heart into his fingers to play such deep to the
core music. I also thought the Sailor Moon(Cosplay Wedding) was simply a
dream of mine that I've had for a couple of years, it was so beautiful on Sat.

Anything you want to be changed next year? To have staff that are really
ready and trained to do their jobs aswell as not limit to so few vendors out
there. And maybe if there's going to be change of the schedule, could there
be at least speakers come on and speakers that work properly at times too.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? No, and it's not because of this year. I have
made plans to attend Anime North next year and the months are too close
and in between each other. However we'll see what comes of me to come
back for 2009, as there are a few people that I would love to see there again.

ToEtAcTiC
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
How did it go in general? I think my friends and I planned it out pretty well learning our mistakes from last year.

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Sadly no. I only got about 80% finished due to overtime at work because a guy who changes shift with me took the week off before Sakuracon.

Had fun? YEEEEESSSS!!!!! It was so much better than last year(probably cuz I didnt go to as many events)

Best experiences? The m.o.v.e. concert. My legs were sore from jumping up and down the whole time.

Worst experiences? Not really too bad but the m.o.v.e. signing wasnt very well communicated. I waited in line for like 15 mins, then one of the officials said since I was buying a cd I could move to the front of the line. When I got to the front the official up there got all pissed at me and tried to take me out of the line.

Which event did you think was the best? The m.o.v.e. concert. The floor felt like rubber lol.

Anything you want to be changed next year? It might just be me but I think they should take a poll to see what the most popular events are going to be and then make the schedule. There were too many good events overlaping or long events back to back making it difficult to get food and shopping in between.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? But of course! Sakuracon is the best con near where I live so its a must.

Oogieone
04-10-2007, 10:12 PM
In general I thought the con was excellent! I bought a lot of stuff and took a lot of pictures! Everyone was really friendly and I love meeting new people and making new friends!

I did...I was Yuiko Hawatari from Loveless... :)

Best experiences?
The costumes and meeting new people. Also the Move part of the concert!

Worst experiences?
I wasn't too fond of LiN Clover (however the part where the guy yelled, "We ruv you Sheattle!" was priceless!) and also my legs killing me the next two days after the con from walking around!

The cosplay and the skits....LOL

More vendors! :)

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Probably not because I am moving to the Midwest...I'll be going to cons there though! But, I may be back some other year! :sunny:

Barunesusa
04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I think it went fairly well, despite my busy day on Friday. There were a couple points where I was a bit "meh". I actually did have a ton of fun last year when there was a little less people. This year it was just the sheer size and the amount of new people. It was very hard to run into the same person twice (the only people being Kagami, the Axel-Ed, and one girl I met last year I ran into this year). In 2005 I felt the space was rather crowded, but last year was a nice balance.

Yep! I dressed up as Kairi on Friday and Pride!Ed on Saturday. Kairi - Picture Taken By The Wonderful Eurobeat King (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/CrystalSitara/Real%20Life%20Pictures/DSC00027.jpg)

Had fun?
I did, for the most part, but it wasn't as fun as last year.

Best experiences?
Probably my best experiences were the Kingdom Hearts Photoshoot and all the AMV things I did this weekend despite the fact my video didn't make it in this year. I had a ton of fun really getting to know a couple of AMV creators. I also got to meet one of my online friends' best friends there, which was entertaining to say the least XD

Worst experiences?
Probably all the waiting for Cosplay. It was fun...but eh. Probably the other one was just being stuck in a huge crowd of people.

Hahaha. AMV Creator Spotlight, AMV Creator Panel, Gameshow, and Contests. =P I just had so much fun at those.

I though that the overall staff and such went smoother this year. The one thing I would change is to make it less people, but I have no control over that.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
I'm not sure. I'd love to go to another convention, but I'm actually thinking of trying out Anime Evolution or some other smaller one.

UviB
04-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Went on Saturday, had a blast. Next year, I am for certain unleashing the burning hand of my pent-up cosplay addiction.

What would I change about this year? I saw few, if any, organized photoshoots. Although I will say that, to the Guilty Gear crew (you know who you are), you guys were excellent. I look forward to those, since it gives me a chanceto see all the costumes from a certain series at once.

Other than that, it was great.

Thank you for saying so!! I was the Blue Millia at the photoshoot... and I also put it together :3 The photoshoots are always hard to put together mainly because only so many people go to the Sakura Con Message boards, where they are organized... but I was so thrilled that the GG shoot went off with out a hitch :3

I am hoping next year the photoshoots will go better... I know people have plans in the works to make it easier to find out where a photo shoot is, at the Convention (aka, not having to go online to find out)

But I loved this year! My group and I had the best time, and we really wore ourselves out... but that is what you do at a Convention... get no sleep and have as much fun as possible :3

Yup! Valor Sora on Friday and Millia Rage (blue) on Saturday

Had fun?

Heck ya!

Best experiences?

I loved the cosplay chess, and the cosplay contest was great!

Worst experiences?

Well, I lost my camera on Sunday, but I have hope still that it will be found (I had the luck of losing it in one of 2 places, both locked rooms)

Cosplay Chess and the Cosplay itself were amazing :3

Organization... but I have already vented on that in the Assault and Flattery board on the SCMB

Going to Sakuracon 2008?

Acording to my friends, I could be living in Russia, and I would still have to show up to Sakura Con next year ;-)

anbu ops
04-11-2007, 07:39 AM
I had fun until work called me in. You may have seen me walking around. My pics are posted on myspace/neji71 if anyone is interested.

bcb218
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
So, I'm relatively new to the Cosplay world...I knew OF Cosplaying, but I didn't realize what a huge forum it is these days.

I ended up attending (let's not call it attending, because I was there more for work than to actually attend) on Saturday.

My girlfriend and I work for Microsoft, and they had a room set up for User Experience Testing. It was that little room with all the XBoxes.

So we were there and I helped out some.

For the previous two Halloweens, both my girlfriend and I have dressed up as something anime-related. Two years ago I was Kakashi and she was Temari...this past year she was Alice (from American McGhee's Alice (brilliant costume that she made herself) and I was Bankai Ichigo (not quite as brilliant costume I made myself).

I have never been to an anime convention, and I knew that there would be people cosplaying, I just didn't realize to what extent.

I gotta say, at first, it was really intimidating to see so many people into it. I'm not quite sure why, but when I reflect on it now, I realize that I wasn't really supposed to know why it was intimidating. We stuck around for most of Saturday, but then took off. It's weird, because as intimidating as it was, I actually really feel like I had fun seeing all these people who really love anime as much as my girlfriend and I do. We've been watching anime for years now, pretty avid fans of a lot of shows and always watching new ones.

Now I just wanna go to another one, and alas, I have to wait until next year.

I'd really like to form a better anime community in general in the Seattle area. It'd be cool to get people together to watch on a more regular basis.

I guess the best thing I got out of this is that there is a really big community that really just loves anime and my girlfriend and I fit right in.

While I'm not a big fan of m.o.v.e, I can certainly appreciate having a band like that over here. I just hope we can convince somebody like Asian Kung-Fu Generation, L'arc-en-ciel or Dragon Ash to come someday.

Anyway, I'm glad to have seen a lot of the people in the pictures there and look forward to next year.

Yana-Chan
04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh wow! So much fun! I'm glad I went!

Yep! Winry Rockbell from Full Metal Alchemist. I think it was a pretty good cosplay considering it was my first.

Had fun?
Oh yes! Most fun I've ever had!

Best experiences?
Cosplay Chess and meeting Vic Mignogna!

Worst experiences?
Buying the Full Metal Alchemist special edition movie (40$) and then losing it... TT_TT

I only went to like, three. But I think Cosplay Chess was the best!

Registration took FOREVER! Is that how all cons are? Man was it long! But I had fun in line too! So even if that can't be changed I have no complaints!

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Definately! No doubt!

BoredHorror
04-11-2007, 10:44 PM
It was the most exhausting 3 days of my life and I loved every minute of it.

Yes. I was Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II on Friday and Saturday (in cosplay chess too) and I was ANBU Kakashi from Naruto Saturday morning and on sunday for like an hour I was Kimimaro from Naruto. Oh yeah, also Friday Night I was kakashi in a suit for the masquerade.

Had fun?
Absolutely. I loved meeting up with my friends from other cons, meeting new people and as "kimmi-chan" said...being in that 'otaku' atmosphere.

Best experiences?
The Ouran High School Host Club Panel. It was so funny and touching it made me laugh and cry and it was just great. The cosplay competition was awesome too- I liked the Ninja of the night skit and yatta's skit. OO and the masquerade was so fun.

Worst experiences?
I didn't really like the dances, I mean they were okay. I just wished they played more anime music. don't get me wrong, britney spears is my favorite *sarcastic*

Piano Squall.
Cosplay chess was a little disorganized but It was really fun.

I was sad to see no high-chew, ramune or pocky being sold :( lol kidding

um, it seemed like there were lots of people wandering into the convention center: My friend and I ran into this bum who was criticizing us and telling us it wasn't halloween anymore.

Then it was sort of annoying how all of the events seemed to start at least 10 to 20 minutes late.

lastly, the people who actually worked at the washington convention center (not the s-con convention staff) seemed to get a little cranky starting on saturday. I was trying to find the line for the Cosplay competition on Saturday and I asked some people at the head of the line if it was the correct one I was looking for and a lady started yelling really loud at me to 'not cut' when I had no intention of doing so in the first place.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
Yes ^_^ It was a really good expirience

Laisse
04-13-2007, 04:13 AM
How did it go in general? Fun but we missed LiN Clover because we were standing in registration line

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Yep, as Shia. I need to go as something more recognizable next year.

Had fun? Much.

Best experiences? I hugged Vic Micnogna! And a cute Gaara gave us a seductive look. ;DDD

Worst experiences? Waiting in line.

Which event did you think was the best? I dunno! o.o;; I liked the skits. We saw a Gaara dancing and some yaoi EnvyxEd skit.

Anything you want to be changed next year? I want to pregregister xDD

Going to Sakuracon 2008? YES! all weekend if I can.

Barunesusa
04-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Which event did you think was the best? I dunno! o.o;; I liked the skits. We saw a Gaara dancing and some yaoi EnvyxEd skit..

Haha, that was our group xD Thing is...the point was to make fun of Envy x Ed xD But oh well. I think we made both sides of the fangirls happy.

Kiyo
04-14-2007, 02:43 AM
How did it go in general? Overall, I thought the con was very fun.

Did you dress up [cosplay]? I did, I dressed up as zombie fighter from "TYPING OF THE DEAD"

Had fun? I had lots of fun, I just wish more people were as much of a geek as I was to know my outfit.

Best experiences? When people knew what I was dressed up as.

Worst experiences? The fact that I had to buy two preregister weekend passes since they lost all my information on the first one, and refused to come to an agreement with me.

Which event did you think was the best? Not really sure, I didnt go to any events I just hung out with people.

Anything you want to be changed next year? A new person doing the information about tickets.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? I am, Next year is going to be a blast also!

The Evil One
04-16-2007, 04:42 AM
How did it go in general? I worked my ass off, handed out peeps, got around 250 people walking around wearing Bright Orange pins that say "Glomp Me" xD

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Hour and a half Friday in my incomplete Gabishi >_<

Had fun? Damn straight, the Air Gear photoshoot with Jing an Kioko was a blast.

Best experiences? Dinner at the Dragonfish late sunday with the kick ass SC peeps

Worst experiences? Friday, not having stuff done for panel and trying not to freak out talking in front of people

Which event did you think was the best? The Glomp Panel (Yes I am partial xD

Anything you want to be changed next year? GET COSPLAY DONE A WEEK PRIOR TO CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or die trying <.< Gabishi really is turning out to be a pain in my ass.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? Wouldn't miss it for the world, though whether i will work staff or run another panel is a whole different matter. Sense of duty had me missing a good bit of sleep and con activities xD

ndk_carrotglace
04-28-2007, 05:18 AM

In general, I'd say that SakuraCon went all right for me. It was my first SakuraCon (but not my first anime convention), but it felt like it at times, considering I was adapting to a whole new environment, crowd, surroundings, etc. I was hoping that more people would recognize my Carrot Glace costume, but I can understand why that didn't happen. Overall, I had a great time.

Sure did! I dressed up as Carrot Glace (Bakuretsu Hunter) for Friday and the Saturday night dance, and I was Macha the Temptress from .hack//SIGN throughout Saturday and Sunday.

Had fun?

While I didn't have much fun on Friday (mostly due to lack of costume recognition and horrendously long registration lines), I had more fun throughout Saturday and Sunday, especially Sunday when I was handing out the Easter candy!

Best experiences?

The LiN CLOVER/M.O.V.E concert was my whole reason for coming to SakuraCon, and it far surpassed any possible expectations I had for the concert. Getting to participate in the Slightly Anime Dating Game was also a fun time, and of course I had a blast handing out the Easter candy on Sunday (even had my picture taken with LiN CLOVER while doing that!)! Meeting M.O.V.E on Sunday was also awesome, too!

Worst experiences?

Again, the horrendously long registration lines were probably the worst experience, but I was disappointed in the Saturday night dance. While I'm not opposed to techno/trance/house/whatever, I kinda figuered (and probably incorrectly assumed) that there would have been at least some anime music that would've been played on Saturday...unless it happened during the Friday night dance, which I did miss...

The shifting floors during the Saturday night dance as well as the LiN CLOVER/M.O.V.E show also made me pretty uneasy. While I love rocking out to the music like that, the disturbing thought that the floor could give out at any second didn't add to my enjoyment of the events...

Without a doubt, the LiN CLOVER/M.O.V.E concert! ^_^

Aside from the horrendously long registration lines, I'm not too sure what else they could change. Like I said, this was my first SakuraCon, so I'm not sure what they could improve upon. If the rumor about the lack of Ramune being sold there is true, I would hope they would take care of that problem immediately.

Going to Sakuracon 2008?

Oh, I'll be back, all right! I want to make some friends (and hopefully see the people that I actually did get to converse with again!)! ^.^

kelsey uchiha
05-04-2007, 07:52 PM
it was hecka awsum, i had such a great time at my first con' i really enjoyed myself , and even got my mom 2 cosplay as tsunade(modestly)!!!!!!!!!!!can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelsey uchiha
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
sorry,forgot 2 say i went as sakura haruno!!!!!!!!(blond baka, please forgive me!!)

kelsey uchiha
05-04-2007, 07:56 PM
laisse,u are lucky !!! i want a seductive gaara 2 give a cute look,or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince_Malice
05-05-2007, 08:04 PM
It was fun ( i think!!!

The Evil One
05-05-2007, 08:07 PM
The shifting floors during the Saturday night dance as well as the LiN CLOVER/M.O.V.E show also made me pretty uneasy. While I love rocking out to the music like that, the disturbing thought that the floor could give out at any second didn't add to my enjoyment of the events...

I worked tech staff this year and several people were worried about the same thing. I can assure you that the floor isn't going to give out. The entire building is designed to withstand an earthquake so the structure will move. Thousands of otaku bouncing around just don't have the power to match up to a real earthquake xP

Justke
05-06-2007, 06:03 PM
It was amazing, I loved how everyone was just so comfortable talking about each others costumes and starting up conversations with random people on the spot :D

Yes, I did! I was anbu Kakashi(from Naruto) on friday and saturday. On sunday I was Haku(from Naruto, as well)

Had fun?
Of course :D I really enjoyed running around in a costume and posing with my friends for pictures. Also meeting other naruto cosplayers was really entertaining. And other cosplayers in general~~

Best experiences?
Hmm, I'd have to say Cosplay Chess when someone dressed up as Jesus started healing/killing people and the MCs were like, "Can Jesus do that?!"

Also, making new friends and seeing classmates from my school. That shocked me lol

Worst experiences?
When I didn't hear that you weren't supposed to take pictures at the M.O.V.E./LiN CLOVER concert, thus getting my friend and I kicked out of the room T__T i felt so bad i deleted the pics I took. (it was my first concert ever so, hehe...stupid me)

Also when I asked a staff member which line was for pre-registered peeps she told me it was the shorter line. IT WAS NOT. So my mom let us sit down/run around the sitting area(taking pics of cosplayers) while she waited in the super-long pre-reg line. Thank you mother.

Cosplay Chess, only because that was the only one i saw lol...i didn't know when the skits were, didn't see the concert, and my friends got the band member's autographs while i was outside in the park taking a nap with my hinata friend xDD;;

Hmm...i'm not sure, I don't have anything to compare it to, so it was fine for me. :D we had some problems with registration though...but now we know what to do lol

Going to Sakuracon 2008?
heck yes!! hopefully we'll book a hotel room or two so we don't have to drive back and forth from my house to downtown seattle(takes 45min, but still...) XDD

Urahara-_-
05-26-2007, 10:32 PM
It was a blast!!!!!!

Did you dress up?(cosplay)
Yes i did as Urahara Kisuke

Had Fun?
of course it was so freakin fun

wich event was the Best?
The rave was a blast on saturday!!!!!

Worst Experience?
Staff almost busting us for soliciting free hugs

anything you would change?
Nah it was a blast

Going 2 Sakura Con 08?
Of course i will!!!!!

kelsey uchiha
06-19-2007, 06:20 PM
What Was The Rave Like? I'm Guessing Not To Family Friendly...my Mom Was All Like, I Bet They Have Drugs There Or Somethin' Like That!

garfieldelric
07-04-2007, 04:04 AM
How did it go in general? It was OK, but it paled in comparison to last year's. I also had a lil' flashback to my childhood in the hotel room, watching Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (the game show, that is). Still, a good degree of fun was had this year.

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Yes, I was Luffy on Friday, and Sasuke on Saturday (as seen in the first ep- he looked better in blue!)

Had fun? Sure did!

Best experiences? Seeing much of my old friends from last year, and a few new ones. Meeting friends is the best thing for me at SC, that, and meeting Vic Mignogna, and the cosplay chess.

Worst experiences? Hmm....... there were a few, but I'd rather not talk about them. But I will say that some events were moved around without warning, and the staff was uninformed about this. Gotta do better than that next year.....

Which event did you think was the best? The cosplay chess, hands down.

Anything you want to be changed next year? I'd like there to be a bit more staff, and for them to be more up-to-date about things.

Going to Sakuracon 2008? Most definitely! It's a lot of fun!

Ashleythedragon
07-23-2007, 07:48 PM
What Was The Rave Like? I'm Guessing Not To Family Friendly...my Mom Was All Like, I Bet They Have Drugs There Or Somethin' Like That!

I didn't go, and I heard some people on the Sakura-Con forums complaining about the drugs at the rave. Ergo I've come to the deduction that it is very hard to hold a drug free rave.

L Gackto
08-01-2007, 06:12 AM
I wanted to go to the MOVE concert this year but I was already going to another con. Grrr... brings back my Initial D memories. Well, I'm planning my cons for next year. Is this con worth flying in from 4 states away?

kelsey uchiha
08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
most definitely!!!^^

Airika
08-27-2007, 10:42 PM
(After like four months XD)
How did it go in general? In general, I loved it. It was better then 06's.

Did you dress up [cosplay]? Yes, I did. I was Ash Ketchum for pre-reg. Laharl (Disgaea) on Friday and Ash at night. Allen Walker (D. gray-man) Saturday, Ash at night. And then Laharl and Allen for Sunday. I changed quite often >.<

Had fun? Bundles of it ^.^

Best experiences? The m.o.v.e./LiN Clover concert, the d.gray-man photoshoot, people's responses to the my Ash Ketchum cosplay, the dance up until they didn't play anime/video game/ddr songs...

Worst experiences? Some of the people who worked around the con in green jackets were really rude. Also, waiting for the elevators at the Sheraton took forever.

Which event did you think was the best? Sakura-con, itself XD

Anything you want to be changed next year? I still really liked Sakura-con being at its old location but that's probably not possible. >.<

Going to Sakuracon 2008? Yeup ^.^