PDA

View Full Version : AMA dance

Pages : [1] 2

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Who of you amongst my fellow cosplayers are ready to DANCE?! I LOVE con raves. I can't wait to get on the floor and show my moves! I love raves really, but i've never been to the AMA one. What kind of DJs do they have and what kind of music do they play? Is it kind of more House, or more Trance? And what's AMA's policy on glowsticks??? I know Nekocon doesnt let you have the ones on strings but bracelets and necklaces are fine. But I hear AMA is security crazy with things like that. And I was wondering how late it goes on... Does anyone have any info?

Haruka_Tenou
04-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I might go. <3 It's my first anime convention. I will beg my Mom if I can stay.

GeneStarwind211
04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I think last year it lasted until 2am I want to say. I haven't been to the rave myself. I just would have to say check out animemidatlantic's site and email someone there about it if you don't see it.

Gene Starwind 21122

I.N.K.
04-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I: Last year it was basically the same rules as Nekocon's rave. I think you couldn't take props in with you due to the fear of injuring someone, I'm not sure since I didn't have any props. Music-wise I don't know really...As far as DJ's go I know Greg Ayres DJ'd...

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Greg Ayers is a great DJ ^_^ I hope their raising curfew for the convention center again this year

Haruka_Tenou
04-14-2007, 08:28 AM
What are the rules? o.o;

RaasuNetsu
04-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Greg Ayers is a great DJ ^_^ I hope their raising curfew for the convention center again this year

i think i heard somewhere that if you go to your hotel directly after you leave the con the cerfew dosent count but idk if that true or not , this is my first con to.

Kaoshima
04-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Imma gonna shuffle mah feet!!! O_O

Haruka_Tenou
04-15-2007, 08:57 AM
xD I won't. I have done clogging, jazz and tap. I don't want to use that at a dance.

Lumasnati
04-15-2007, 09:33 AM
I wonder if AMA will take the route of AUSA, Anime Boston and others and have a Ball. <3 That would be awesome. :3 That'd be the only reason I go to the dance. I hate Raves.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
*gasp* how could you hate raves? great music, glowy sticks, bodies all mashed together...its great =3

Haruka_Tenou
04-16-2007, 07:40 AM
I love the music and the glow sticks. But I just hate the dancing.. Even though I told someone I would dance with her.

Lumasnati
04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
-is kinda claustrophobic- ^^;; And the music isn't that great. ^^;;

fatalinjection
04-16-2007, 01:53 PM
-is kinda claustrophobic- ^^;; And the music isn't that great. ^^;;

I'm the same way, don't worry XD

Haruka_Tenou
04-16-2007, 01:58 PM
But this is my first anime convention, so I hope I'll do well. I'm meeting a girl for the AMA dance. <3

Kaoshima
04-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I love raves, they're fun! but a formal-style ball thing would be pretty fun too!

Kaoshima
04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
sorry, can an admin plz delete this post? ^.^; my comp's being kinda screwy...

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
formal style would be pretty fun, but would anyone have anything to wear to it?

double00beaver
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
You better dance with me Tenou! -shakes fist- x3

Haruka_Tenou
04-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I can try, Usagi-chan. xD; I'm not a good dancer.

double00beaver
04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
It'll be fun, no da! I'm not really into raves, but if there's some parapara or slow songs, then I'm for it!

Gogglegirl
04-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Whee~! I love Raves. Though they are starting to hurt my head. At Katsucon I had to get far away from the Rave because my head hurt so much *dies*

I love techoy music and everything...but i wish there was something like a dance that played Jpop, Jrock and anime type music....i think that would be great. I love Jpop too much....

styxmahler
04-17-2007, 01:58 PM
yay

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I'd be down for a rave for sure!

Thats the spirit!

My one greivance with raves (and not really raves, just chemistry) is that I overheat easily during them and I have to go out to get water constantly. But I really can't wait...

bamboocactus
04-17-2007, 09:48 PM

I really hate to be a stickler but I have to disagree on the Ayres issue. When I first heard him at Katsu 06 I loved him and the mixes he played were fantastic, but... every con after that he just started using that annoying voice modulator more and more and played consistent, smooth mixes of good, pumping music less and less. It's a shame but I have to say I hope he has a short set this year and gives some other talent a chance :(

I wonder if AMA will take the route of AUSA, Anime Boston and others and have a Ball. <3 That would be awesome. :3 That'd be the only reason I go to the dance. I hate Raves.

I thought the ball was a cool idea at AUSA, but a lot of people got the wrong idea because it was called a 'masquerade'. So many people put a lot of work into masks (or masques XD) and making themselves pretty and then it just turned out to be a jrock fest. Which is cool, because I love jrock, but the advertising was a little wonky. It'd be really cool to see again, though, for the people that aren't huge on loud, pumping techno :D

Thats the spirit!

My one greivance with raves (and not really raves, just chemistry) is that I overheat easily during them and I have to go out to get water constantly. But I really can't wait...

I know how that is. One trick I learned as a dancer is not to drink too much, and when you do drink water (only water), hold it in your mouth and swish it around a bit before swallowing; it helps with hydration somehow. Sounds weird but it works! :bigtu:

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-18-2007, 01:13 AM
I know how that is. One trick I learned as a dancer is not to drink too much, and when you do drink water (only water), hold it in your mouth and swish it around a bit before swallowing; it helps with hydration somehow. Sounds weird but it works! :bigtu:

Maybe because it reaches more of your mouth and is better absorbed by the body? It sounds like a good idea though. Arigatou! ^_^

Haruka_Tenou
04-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Eh.. I don't like raves either very much.. >.<; But I promised double00beaver(Squeeky), I would.. We also have to have pictures taken together. xD I really can't wait til this anime convention. I can't wait to see her, and dance with her. <3 xD

NiceGai44
04-18-2007, 08:55 AM
I will be at the rave showing off my skills.

double00beaver
04-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Don't worry Haruka-chan, if all else fails, we'll just chicken dance in the corner. xD

Haruka_Tenou
04-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I can't wait to AMA. <3 -huggles Squeeky- I bet, you still want tons of pictures of us, don't you, Squeek?

Haruka_Tenou
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
And I will dance with you to a slow song. <3 xD

bamboocactus
04-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I will be at the rave showing off my skills.

Oh snap! Gai always goes buck wild in the middle of a circle :bigtu:

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM

I wish I was cool enough to go wild in the middle of a circle T.T oh well i'll try anyway >.<! Its the power of youth!!!

Haruka_Tenou
04-18-2007, 06:14 PM
xD I can't wait til the dance. <3

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Me either ^_^ im making/buying a cool breathable not slutty outfit to rave in and using bamboocactus' water tips to stay cool and hydrated to last and dance the entire thing

bamboocactus
04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I wish I was cool enough to go wild in the middle of a circle T.T oh well i'll try anyway >.<! Its the power of youth!!!

Just get in a circle and have fun, watch other people go in the middle and do their thing, get in there and do it with them, et cetera! If you feel like you wanna bust a move then by all means go for it because you've got nothing at all to lose! :D As far as breathable non-slutty outfits go, good on ya! I might be crazy but I think that if there's something left to be desired then a girl is more attractive. That means "WEAR SOMETHING THAT PASSES FOR CLOTHING", ladies ;) Also, I have a friend who wore a cool cute little green PVC disco dress dealie to the Katsu 06 rave... she looked awesome, but she got so overheated that she needed to change out of it :( So, cotton is good, and light fishnets are good. Sorry to rant :angel2:

Malaki
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I wish someone else knew Capoeira so we could do it together in the circle. :bigcry:

Kaoshima
04-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Capoeira is so badass! I wish I knew it, but I have virtually NO upper body strength, so I can't really do much breakdancing either... I suck... :(

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-22-2007, 08:39 PM
I just watched a movie today where a guy fought with Capoeira, and when i heard the name i was like "ohhh thats what that is...AWSOME!!!" *definately envies someone who can do that*

Does AMA allow glowstringing?

bamboocactus
04-23-2007, 01:46 AM
I wish someone else knew Capoeira so we could do it together in the circle. :bigcry:

I've been studying it for a little while now. It's pretty cool, but I haven't been able to get to classes on a consistent basis.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-23-2007, 04:02 PM
It seems like something that would be hard to find lessons for, not many places i know of teach african-brazillian martial arts! you'd have a ripped upper body by time you were master though

BouXKanon
04-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I am looking forward to seeing the breakdancers at the rave, they always keep me super amused. I love watching them do all the flips and crazy stuff, I go wild for it.

My biggest upset for the con is that I have been getting spoiled with two raves at every con, and for AMA theres only one rave :-( Why can't we have two?! Oh well, I guess I can't get everything hehehehe.

Either way I'm excited because I just love to dance, I love the pretty lights and I love having a good time, and at cons I always have a good time, no matter what BS gets thrown my way. I can't wait to see everyone there!

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 11:06 AM

Well you know we are made of win. The best two partiers on the east coast at one rave. You know its gonna be awesome.

How can you be scared to dance in a circle of people that is dancing to music that cant really be precisely dance too? There is no wrong way to dance at a rave. Its wild out and feel good music. Whats the point of the con if you scared to make a fool of yourself.
Me and Bamboocactus will go in the circle with you so we all look cool and stupid at the same time.

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 11:43 AM
How can you be scared to dance in a circle of people that is dancing to music that cant really be precisely dance too? There is no wrong way to dance at a rave. Its wild out and feel good music. Whats the point of the con if you scared to make a fool of yourself.
Me and Bamboocactus will go in the circle with you so we all look cool and stupid at the same time.

Amen to that!

PS: To all you ravers, I'll be selling special hand-painted rave goggles with an anime twist at the artist's alley at Dustbunny's table, so come by and grab some gear so you can look even better for the dance! :bigtu:

Nekko
04-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Can't wait to se you three and how much are your goggles going for?

*Shameless plug* Im selling death notes and Icha paradise books... Look for raver Kiba!

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Its a party at AMA and everyone is invited.

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Can't wait to se you three and how much are your goggles going for?

*Shameless plug* Im selling death notes and Icha paradise books... Look for raver Kiba!

Woot for shameless self-promotion!

They're probably going to be $20 each. Possibly less. I'm ordering them en masse today and getting started on painting when they get here (gonna try to find some UV-reactive acrylic or testor's!), so the total cost per unit and shipping will determine the final price and yadda yadda, you know how it goes :)

Gai I can't wait to see what new moves you've come up with! I've been working on liquid and traces, plus I've been going to breakdance club, but I haven't got anything in that good enough to show off :D

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Well I tore it up at AB the last past weekend on stage at cosplay chess. I usually come up with stuff on the spot I need to work on some new stuff hopefully. This will be my first AMA so I am hoping for a good experience.

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh yeah AB was last weekend! How did that go? I've never been..

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Raves beat any other rave. We actually came up with a Silent Hill/Jiraiya dance that was so tight everyone in the rave started doing it. Greg played for a bit it was all right. My first time going to AB and its official its war Shinigami vs Ninjas it got out of hand a couple of times. It was prob my best con experience so far. I am ready for AMA though. Always up for a good time and I have been doing good leaving drama behind me and in the past like couple of cons and partying up. This will be my first AMA so show me a good time guys.

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Sounds awesome man, I'll have to go next year! Yeah, I knew a war between the Shinigami and the Ninjas was inevitable, hehe... But yeah I gotta see this Silent Hill/Jiraiya move! I love Silent Hill and Jiraiya's just Jiraiya, heh. AMA's usually a really tame con, though, so we're gonna have to work extra hard to make it lively!

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 02:39 PM
For me (If I go....), the rave will be more exciting than last year regardless of what happens, since I'll actually be allowed in this time XD No more wearing flip-flops for me >.>

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 02:41 PM
For me (If I go....), the rave will be more exciting than last year regardless of what happens, since I'll actually be allowed in this time XD No more wearing flip-flops for me >.>

Haha yeah I remember you mentioning that.. what a bummer! Hopefully con security will be a little more fair this time around, though.

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Haha, true XD But I'll be sure to bring close-toed shoes this time...since apparently I have friends who are going to drag me to the rave even if I don't want to go >.>;;;

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Haha, true XD But I'll be sure to bring close-toed shoes this time...since apparently I have friends who are going to drag me to the rave even if I don't want to go >.>;;;

Those are true friends. Oh yeah guess what you are going to the rave no question about it. You will be in for a treat trust me you dont wanna miss this.

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 03:22 PM
XD; But I don't dance T_T; rofl.

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 03:26 PM
XD; But I don't dance T_T; rofl.

You will! :D Oh you will... muahaha... Heh, trust me, with Gai and I there, you'll have a great time! After like ten minutes you'll loosen up and go wild and dance and it'll be lots of fun! When you cut loose like that it's like being up in the clouds; nothing but the beat and the lights and the movement.. nothing quite like it! ^_^

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Heh...maaaaybe >.>; I'm just very awkward LOL XD *starts planning an escape plan*

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Do the disco point your finger dance or make circles with glows sticks. See its that easy. I can 80% people at cons cant dance but who really cares. I never heard anybody say at a con that that person cant dance when they are at a rave.

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Totally. If you want I can teach you some stuff beforehand; I used to be a dance teacher so I guess I know SOMETHING useful XD But all you have to do is let go and have fun. No escapes; we won't let you! :D And yeah, don't worry, there will be people at the rave who can't dance at all... three left feet and all that.

Nekko
04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Hell even I dance at raves and the only lessons I have ever taken were square dancing lessons and no one has ever laughed at me.

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 03:32 PM
XD But I have FOUR left feet! :O Can they beat that?

And yeah, I've taken Tango lessons and Irish step dancing lessons...but that's it >_>; and those were a long time ago XD

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I'd pay to see squaredancing at a rave XD Maybe if they play cotton eye joe... which I hope they don't... ;)

Hm.. four left feet, eh... Sounds like a puppy to me. You've got nothing to worry about, and you're gonna have a great time, guaranteed. :bigtu:

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Cotton Eye Joe @_@;;;; Now that'll be stuck in my head allll day XD

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Cotton Eye Joe would be ^&*% if they played it at the rave. I can totally get down with that. Shoot wish someone teach me the square dance I kind of forgot it. I know some of it.

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 03:41 PM
All I know is that Ayres is playing at AMA (it's his hometown con), so we probably can't expect too amazing a night as far as music selection and mix fluidity go :'(

And yeah square dancing.. I never learned that. Isn't that the hooked arms round and round deal? :D

NiceGai44
04-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok we teach them basic moves you guys teach us square dancing equivilent exchange.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-24-2007, 04:01 PM
...Me and Bamboocactus will go in the circle with you so we all look cool and stupid at the same time.

Thankyou T.T I <3 you.

I just hope they keep it dark enough, last time I went to a con rave (nekocon) they kept shining really bright lights over us that made it look like the lights werent even off, and to me it deleted the purpose of the glowsticks (thats why their glow in the dark.) Plus, it adds to the atmosphere...atleast for me.

Does anyone have a sample of greg ayers' DJ work? i hear he plays alot of benni benassi remixes

We will all rave together!

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't have any of Ayres' stuff on my comp. At Katsu 06 he played some really awesome mixes and kept the beat going and didn't talk much. After that, at every con he progressively started playing more and more obscure (not in the good way) stuff, with more and more pauses in between beat sections, and talked through that damn annoying voice modulator every ten seconds. He's really gone downhill and I find him to be extremely irksome, but that's just me.

Ehh... sorry about the rant. I'm kind of passionate about my raves ^_^;;;

But yeah they keep it dark enough to properly glowstick. The setup of the hall is weird, though.

Kaoshima
04-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm lookin' forward to this rave! woot!

>and just when it hit me, somebody turned around and said "Play that funky music white boy!"<

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
...But yeah they keep it dark enough to properly glowstick. The setup of the hall is weird, though.

How is it set up?

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 04:47 PM
It's a HUGE hall that they use for the main events, and then they clear about about half the chairs up front toward the stage, turn off the lights on that side of the hall, and set up the lights and DJ booth on stage and such. It's a huge hall, like I said, and the flooring is just cement, so the acoustics are interesting. But yeah it's pretty bland.

dustbunny
04-24-2007, 05:40 PM
It's a HUGE hall that they use for the main events, and then they clear about about half the chairs up front toward the stage, turn off the lights on that side of the hall, and set up the lights and DJ booth on stage and such. It's a huge hall, like I said, and the flooring is just cement, so the acoustics are interesting. But yeah it's pretty bland.

lol
i remember the chairs. it was kinda odd cause at most cons all the chairs are gone and stacked up. But at ama only half are gone so....u can sit down???
O.o

Nekko
04-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Now im going to request cotton eye joe at the DJ booth... Hell I will bring my own cd for the DDR version...

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Aw man please no :'(

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Although it would be funny, that would go over just about as well as the DJ playing "Du Hast" by Rammstein at my 8th grade graduation dance. Just about everyone left the dance floor and sat down...

Nekko
04-24-2007, 09:19 PM
aww buggers.... mmmhmm how about somthing Drunken Tiger?

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-24-2007, 10:08 PM
sounds cool, and im really good with anything they will play but im praying for atleast one remix of sandstorm >.> <.< an old overused song i know but my dancing experience isnt complete without it

bamboocactus
04-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Haha I feel you about Sandstorm. It's old and played out but somehow I still love it to death :D

Drunken Tiger... isn't that kpop? Sounds cool ^_^

Oh yeah, if Du Hast played at MY graduation or whatever, I'd get right up there and rock out to it! XD

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-25-2007, 06:36 AM
lol i did, it was about me and maybe 10 other kids? all headbanging in the middle of a gym being stared at by a few hundred other people XD

Nekko
04-25-2007, 10:29 AM
That is awsome...

SunDemyxCloud55
04-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't now,if I could dance at all. it would be scary! -sniffles- I think I will stick with Bamboo or Fatal! ^6

dustbunny
04-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Sandstorm~!!!!
Xp

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
lmao everyone <3's sandstorm

bamboocactus
04-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Hehe this thread rocks.

Sandstorm definitely but I also REALLY want to hear that Final Fantasy "Prelude" mix, and if anyone knows who does it or where I can DL it, I'd love that.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-26-2007, 06:51 AM
You can download the program "limewire" and try to find it. Its your basic p2p sharing program. http://www.limewire.com

I just had a beautiful vision of a housey/trancey/technoey remix of one winged angel @_@

bamboocactus
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
I know what Limewire is >_>; I was just wondering if anyone knew the title/artist.

*sigh*

NiceGai44
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM
We gonna party hard I def wanna get a pic with you guys before the rave.

bamboocactus
04-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Heck yeah man, I keep missing those!

Kaoshima
04-26-2007, 03:30 PM
I just had a beautiful vision of a housey/trancey/technoey remix of one winged angel @_@
That would rule with an Iron Fist!!:rockon:

XoPinkuSpiderxo
04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
That would rule with an Iron Fist!!:rockon:

Hellz yeah

we do need to get a picture of all of us!

Kaoshima
05-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Imma gonna have a the cheat light-switch rave tonight!
dododododo! dododododo!
the system is down. the system is down.
dododododo! dododododo!

spanner
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
dododododo! dododododo!
dododododo! dododododo!

that's like the best rave song evar

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-07-2007, 09:15 PM
dododododo! dododododo!
dododododo! dododododo!

The cheat! I put that switch there so you can turn the lights on, and off. Not so you can throw lightswich raves!

... Now lets go crack that thing into homestar runners drink... I heard you have to get your stomach pumped after eating that stuff...

bamboocactus
05-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Hehe. Remember kids, keep the glowy stuff IN the glowsticks.

Incidentally I'm gonna have some blue glowing hair gel woot woot.

Kaoshima
05-08-2007, 06:48 PM
That's awesome! Where do you get something like that? :D

bamboocactus
05-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Found it some place online. It's interesting. You mix these two packets in a dish 1:1 and it just glows like nuts. I'm full of stupid glowing rave gear; I love my glowchucks XD

I want to get that wire that you can wrap along your body that glows, that'd look really great with liquid. ^_^

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-08-2007, 10:24 PM
is that safe for your hair? o.o it seems like it would be particularly damaging to the hair shaft. darnit now you have me interested XD

bamboocactus
05-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Well it isn't like pantene pro-v but it's just gel with particular chemical compounds in it that glow. You just wash it out straight after the rave or whatever and you'll be fine. Remember to condition :3

bamboocactus
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
PS: Hey Gai sensei I've been going to break club here at school and I've hooked up with a few local bboys so we're gonna hit it down at skylounge every wednesday. I know you party in bmore a lot so you should come check it out! I'm gonna learn more from these guys and practise during the summer so we'll have to tear it up at the rave extra hard!

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-09-2007, 04:11 PM
*_* (envy) theres nothing like that out here in Powhatan... except maybe... square dance lessons >.> another popular event here is the "tractor pull"

bamboocactus
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Where's that?

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Powhatan? Its the county to the left of Richmond.

bamboocactus
05-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh cool. I only know the Woodbridge and DC areas, so yeah. Powhatan sounds more like a place out in the midwest. :3

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
lmao, its just a redneck-esque farming community (going through an industrial revolution) with our own pitiful little website XD Powhatan County. (http://www.powhatanva.com/)

enough about that o.o

how long do people usually stay in the dancing circle? like the whole thing or do people take turns...?

bamboocactus
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow, cute site. Heh.

As far as circles go, they usually form up and get bigger as more and more people join. There's usually one really big one where all the people with lots of confidence (and lots to show off) show their stuff, and then many different smaller circles of friends and random people and such. There's almost always a naruto circle, a Bleach circle, etc. How circles work is basically everybody's groovin', and then someone'll go in the middle and show their stuff, maybe even taunt someone else in there with them and battle or do a partner dance or whatever... everyone takes turns and it's all about having fun! In the circles Gai and I are usually in, everyone goes at least once :3

bigwil
05-09-2007, 11:45 PM
I Can't Wait To Shake Booty Once Again!

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah, where did you get the glowing blue hairgel bamboocactus?

bamboocactus
05-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I don't remember, if I find it again I'll let ya know! It was online, though.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-12-2007, 12:42 AM
okies t/y

Kaoshima
05-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I go into the circle sometimes! :D Not because I'm particularly good or anything, just retarded and hyper! :3 I'm usually shown up really badly not long after... :(

Nekko
05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Everybody do the chicken dance!

bamboocactus
05-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I go into the circle sometimes! :D Not because I'm particularly good or anything, just retarded and hyper! :3 I'm usually shown up really badly not long after... :(

Sometimes that's all it takes!

And I doubt anyone's trying to show you up. Unless you're in a bboy battle circle or something. They have those every now and then. I'm not good enough to battle by any stretch of the imagination >_<

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-12-2007, 10:21 PM

lol we'll both go into the circle and be retarded and hyper together XD then other people will conquer their fear and join hopefully! 8D

Paxus
05-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Howdee, this is Andrew, some of ya know
me, some of ya don't. I help coordinate the
dances at handful of local cons, the dance
will be deejayed by myself, rob lantz (usually
wears a capt. jack sparrow costume) and
greg ayres. I hear that this year we won't have
the problem with the curfew, it's been cleared
ahead of time. I'll doublecheck on that and what-
not.

Ummers, we usually play varying amounts of anime,
video game, jpop, etc. We do take requests, but
usually before the con is a better time to do that as
then we can find out if we have it or where to get
it : ).

Anywho, looking forward to this, should be a good time!
I might also get a dance panel going this year to show
off some moves and the like.

-&rew

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Please tell Ayres to lay off the voice modulator and keep the beat going. T-T;;

fatalinjection
05-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Dang, you guys really seem to hate this Ayres guy, lol...

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Dang, you guys really seem to hate this Ayres guy, lol...

Eh, you'll know what we mean when you see an entire room of people dancing raving just stop moving and lose all their energy when he starts yammering on his VM and plays some weird obscure song with someone reading the phone book or something. It's happened. A lot. >_<

fatalinjection
05-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Eh, you'll know what we mean when you see an entire room of people dancing raving just stop moving and lose all their energy when he starts yammering on his VM and plays some weird obscure song with someone reading the phone book or something. It's happened. A lot. >_<

I guess I'll just hope that this is the first year he doesn't do it :(

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I heard that...

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-13-2007, 06:15 PM
i think i remember the capt. sparrow guy from past events. and hooray for the curfew being cleared! ^^

Kaoshima
05-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Ooh! How's about sum "Obsession"!? Y'know the opening theme to .hack//SIGN? The .hack// universe has some other good techno-type-ish songs too, like some of the Phase/Avatar battle themes from the games, And I would pay to hear a techno remix of Piros 3rd's theme from .hack//G.U.! lol :D

... yeah I'm a .hack//tard so sue me... o_o

fatalinjection
05-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I know of a certain person who wouldn't mind hearing one of the Ishida songs from his Bleach Beat collection >.>

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I think I'll spend my 1,000th c.com post saying that I definitely wouldn't mind some VNV Nation, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, etc. Also some BreakBeats, DnB, House, and VG Remixes (such as the FF Prelude remix played at Katsu 06) would be appreciated. Just, good music with solid beats. In fact, if you're playing something like VNV or Darude, turn the bass wayyyy up, because I'm not having fun unless my sternum is vibrating! :bigtu:

Kaoshima
05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I usually feel very wierd when my sternum is vibrating... o_O I'm not sure I'll ever get used to bass quite that heavy... but hey that's just me, whatever floats ur boat! :bigtu:

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Aw man it's the best feeling in the world :D

...er, so's the ringing in your ears for an hour afterward. >_< Heh, it's okay, I know ASL if I go deaf XD

Actually, earplugs aren't a bad idea at raves. You get to feel the beat without damaging your hearing (because believe me, you do; hearing loss is cumulative :( )!

fatalinjection
05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Actually, earplugs aren't a bad idea at raves. You get to feel the beat without damaging your hearing (because believe me, you do; hearing loss is cumulative :( )!

Wouldn't that kind of ruin it, though? :(

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. I don't practise what I preach, really, but it seems like a good idea. Musicians at rock concerts almost always wear plugs (at least the smart ones do), so I kinda figure I should probably take their cue, heh. But yeah... I have some friends who are pretty sensitive so I usually bring a few pairs of plugs for them and they seem to enjoy themselves well enough. ^^;

fatalinjection
05-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. I don't practise what I preach, really, but it seems like a good idea. Musicians at rock concerts almost always wear plugs (at least the smart ones do), so I kinda figure I should probably take their cue, heh. But yeah... I have some friends who are pretty sensitive so I usually bring a few pairs of plugs for them and they seem to enjoy themselves well enough. ^^;

Ehhh, I think if it's just a few times a year kinda thing, it can't be toooo bad. Or, at least, it's worth it, if you like that kinda thing XD Though yeah, musicians play over and over every day for awhile so x_x that makes more sense.

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Ehhh, I think if it's just a few times a year kinda thing, it can't be toooo bad. Or, at least, it's worth it, if you like that kinda thing XD Though yeah, musicians play over and over every day for awhile so x_x that makes more sense.

Definitely. It's not like I go clubbing every weekend, so I usually cut loose at raves. Though there is that huge all-night outdoor rave in Baltimore this summer... *drools*

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-13-2007, 11:23 PM
all night rave? *drools*
im not usually comfortable with parts of my body vibrating when their close to my brain and neck and such, since im very paranoid that ill die in some strange random way (like the crocodile hunter...)

bamboocactus
05-13-2007, 11:27 PM
all night rave? *drools*
im not usually comfortable with parts of my body vibrating when their close to my brain and neck and such, since im very paranoid that ill die in some strange random way (like the crocodile hunter...)

First off, that wasn't random; he had that coming for at least twenty years XD

Second, yeah, Starscape 2007 is going to be amazing. It's all night with all sorts of different tents for different kinds of music and everything. It ends with sunrise on the Chesapeake... a really amazing experience. I recommend it. :)

Kaoshima
05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
sounds cool... :)

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-14-2007, 03:55 PM
First off, that wasn't random; he had that coming for at least twenty years XD

XD true true, but i meant he's been messing with wayy dangerous animals for so long and then is killed by an animal thats killed all of like three people in the course of history. its like being killed by a kitten! (which is so my luck)

bamboocactus
05-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Hahaha you're right, I remember hearing that those things barely ever touched anyone. Figures, though, right? ^^

MH-chan
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM
oh lawd D: no cotton eye joe... please?

Last year I opted for staying in the game room all night instead of going to the dance,
but this year you can bet I'll be there.

Paxus
05-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Oooo, some good suggestions.
I'm also want to play the opening to Black Lagoon,
but that is entirely Rob's song : ).
Whole buncha stuff off of "i've sound" is really
good, but i try to stay relevant in what i play
in terms of the crowd.

We usually get to sandstorm at some point, folks
love it, we usually field that as a request at some
point. I've been playing the newish mixes of it more
though. The FF Intro has a buncha different remixes,
i've been trying to find some rarer ones to change it
up a bit.

Also, I attend Starscape on the regular, tis goodtimes.

-&rew

bamboocactus
05-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Oh yeah? This'll be my first Starscape, what do you think of it? It looks really awesome from what I've seen.

And good deal with the crowd-pleasing playlist, I look forward to listening to your mix!

MH-chan
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Ugh, I've never danced at con before, but I'll try to break it out at AMA so no one laugh at me Dx
Is glowstringing allowed? Usually I hear it's not~

bamboocactus
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Poi usually isn't allowed. In fact I know it isn't at AMA... if you've read the first few pages of this thread then you'll know the security last year was sick. I had brought my glowchucks and they sent me right back. You couldn't even wear things that dangled more than an inch from your body. Bummer.

MH-chan
05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh? No, I havn't gone back over the thread - I honestly thought it was from last year at first.
Didn't think they would~ but I could hope ._.
Wasn't at last AMA dance, but at Katsu friends of mine where using them - but it was really late (or, well, really early) and it was pretty empty by then. I suppose they just got lucky.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
WOO YEAH i'm gonna rave with MH-chan!

Let's do the Haruhi dance!

And poi is sooo cooool T.T too bad its dangerous in very large crowds.

MH-chan
05-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Hell yes your raving with me :3
Or ravaging me, which ever you want~ hehe

irkenmodelgir
05-15-2007, 07:26 AM
i heard that last years rave was 18 and up only and im lazy to go thru the posts again, any word as to this, and if they decided to do that whole, move the cerfew thingy?

bamboocactus
05-15-2007, 08:48 AM
The rave wasn't 18+, but Richmond's curfew is. However, AMA has it all worked out with them to let people be in the con centre after curfew regardless of age this time around.

Nekko
05-15-2007, 09:06 AM
*spazz dances*

Hmmm Raver Kiba, Raver Light or just my regular candy gear... choices choices..

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-15-2007, 04:02 PM
How do you make a Raver Light? Me and my friends were considering doing Raver Light/Misa/L/Naomi respectively.

Kaoshima
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Hell yes your raving with me :3
Or ravaging me, which ever you want~ hehe
Ooh! :toothy:

*smackbangcrash*

I was just kidding! owowow! stop pleeeze! :bigcry:

bamboocactus
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Let's keep the underage gender-indiscriminate ravaging to a minimum, shall we? ;)

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
XD gender-indiscriminate, oh how i love this phrase you've created. But yes there shall only be raving, not ravaging! At least for today, I'm too tired for that.

MH-chan
05-15-2007, 10:18 PM
xD

*should pay attention moar*
Hehe, every time I read 'raving' I first think of 'ravaging' for some odd reason.

bamboocactus
05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Satirical and light-hearted joking comment deleted due to inability of the masses to handle it. :)

bigwil
05-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Well yeah, people who call themselves "bi" piss me off, because there's no such thing as "bi". It's called "greedy".

:P
I concur,sir..XD

fatalinjection
05-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Well yeah, people who call themselves "bi" piss me off, because there's no such thing as "bi". It's called "greedy".

:P

Wow, way to generalize and likely piss off a large group of people. I guess close-mindedness still exists at large in this day and age.

Same goes to you, Bigwil. Thought you were cooler than that. :\

bigwil
05-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Wow, way to generalize and likely piss off a large group of people. I guess close-mindedness still exists at large in this day and age.

Same goes to you, Bigwil. Thought you were cooler than that. :\

I kid,I kid.....nuthing against anyone,I'm open as most ppl...It just reminded meh of joke I've heard(greedy thing):angel2: ....

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 04:19 AM
I kid,I kid.....nuthing against anyone,I'm open as most ppl...It just reminded meh of joke I've heard(greedy thing):angel2: ....

Yeah, seriously. Chill the heck out, fatal, nobody's making sweeping generalisations here or whatever. If anyone is it's you by implying that someone here might be close-minded when you probably don't know the first thing about them. You probably want to watch out for that, just a friendly pointer. :) Plus, I don't see an angry mob at my door so I don't think I pissed anyone off, so it's all gravy. Looks like the majority of people can still take a joke.

Oh and yes, close-mindedness still exists in this day and age, and you don't need someone making a joking remark to realise that. You only need to step outside your door, or, hell, turn on the TV and look at some of the shit going on in the political spectrum these days. It's a sad world and it only gets sadder when people can't laugh at things that offend them and move on with their lives.

Then again that's just how I get by day to day still smiling. I dunno, being happy is just important to me. I'm probably nuts. :bigtu:

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-16-2007, 06:46 AM
...It's a sad world and it only gets sadder when people can't laugh at things that offend them and move on with their lives....

I experienced that myself just yesterday :/
Katie: Who would put the words 'I got a barbeque stain on my white t-shirt' in a song?
Some girl: umm a COUNTRY SONG?!
Katie: that was my point?
Some girl: so YEAH its probobly nothing better than what you listen to *is getting angrier by the moment* where all they talk about it death and - and you can't understand what their sayin'!
Katie: Never said anything personal about you -insert name here- so calm down
Some girl: *death glares the rest of class*

Jesus.

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 07:20 AM
O_O Woah. Yeah, people take things just way too seriously these days. Which sucks for them, because personally I like to joke around a lot. Oh well, it's not for everyone, yanno? Chuckle at their inability to cope and move on! ^_^

Anyway, back on topic and away from negative Nancies, check this out. It's a Brit page but ordering online is easy these days.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/special_effects_uv_body_paint_9836845.cfm

fatalinjection
05-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, seriously. Chill the heck out, fatal, nobody's making sweeping generalisations here or whatever. If anyone is it's you by implying that someone here might be close-minded when you probably don't know the first thing about them. You probably want to watch out for that, just a friendly pointer. :) Plus, I don't see an angry mob at my door so I don't think I pissed anyone off, so it's all gravy. Looks like the majority of people can still take a joke.

Oh and yes, close-mindedness still exists in this day and age, and you don't need someone making a joking remark to realise that. You only need to step outside your door, or, hell, turn on the TV and look at some of the shit going on in the political spectrum these days. It's a sad world and it only gets sadder when people can't laugh at things that offend them and move on with their lives.

Then again that's just how I get by day to day still smiling. I dunno, being happy is just important to me. I'm probably nuts. :bigtu:

That's the thing, though, it's not a joke, with you. You've told me over IM how you feel about bisexual people, and it annoyed me there, as well. Just because you're trying to pass it off as a joke in public now doesn't mean that it was meant to be one. Bigwil, yes, he's a joking kind of person, so I could assume that from him, but not from you, who seriously holds that point of view. I can take a joke perfectly well, but that isn't what you're doing. You're trying to play it off as that, yes, but that doesn't change what it is. :\

NiceGai44
05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Guys chill cant we all just get a long. Well can I say that 70% of my cosplay friends are bi. I have growned to it. I really dont care anymore. I will admit I used to be close minded back in the day I was never really exposed to it. I go to cons year round so the whole bi and gay thing usual to me now. I see it so much now with friends and cons its a part of my life. I am not bi at all. I am a lesbian though lol.

Nekko
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Sheesh guys calm down, don't make me get out the ol Pizza board...

New news. I just found my old flaming batons! YAY PYRO TENDACIES!

spanner
05-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Bi, gay, straight, asexual, robot -- who gives a frig? What people chose to do, is their own right.

I'm with NiceGai here... peacemakers and hippie crap. ^_^\/

Twin Bee
05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I wish I could get pretty girls :[

Fixed! :]

Basically...SEXUALITY SHOULD NOT BE DISCUSSED ON COSPLAY.COM DEAR GOD. Keep your thoughts and beliefs on the topic of cosplay and cons, not your issues with other's sexualities. Subject is not relevent to our interests!

C'meeeeeere, Kirby~~ >:3

Twin Bee
05-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Bi, gay, straight, asexual, robot -- who gives a frig? What people chose to do, is their own right.

I'm with NiceGai here... peacemakers and hippie crap. ^_^\/

Quoted for truth. I love you all.

NiceGai44
05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Quoted for truth. I love you all.

There is a reason we good friends. Man I miss you guys. You guys coming to AMA?

Thanks for the support owlwoods.

Twin Bee
05-16-2007, 01:06 PM
There is a reason we good friends. Man I miss you guys. You guys coming to AMA?

Thanks for the support owlwoods.

We love you so damn much, Rick :D We miss you too! We'll be at Anext and Ota, babe ;D And maybe you and Sarah can come visit for Japan Day here in NY? :D <3

bigwil
05-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Al-ight pplz....letz just stay positive and get hyped for gettin down on that dance floor,gai-sensei we're own that floor,son!

NiceGai44
05-16-2007, 01:26 PM
You know how we roll son. We been doing it since 2003 its been forever. You always had the hook up for glowsticks. Its a walk in the park but I know we gonna have a great time. Gives me chance to brush up for future dance offs.

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 01:44 PM
That's the thing, though, it's not a joke, with you. You've told me over IM how you feel about bisexual people, and it annoyed me there, as well. Just because you're trying to pass it off as a joke in public now doesn't mean that it was meant to be one. Bigwil, yes, he's a joking kind of person, so I could assume that from him, but not from you, who seriously holds that point of view. I can take a joke perfectly well, but that isn't what you're doing. You're trying to play it off as that, yes, but that doesn't change what it is. :\

Whatever, I love everyone. I don't "feel" one way or another about this or that, and you forfeited IMing privelages so no referencing stuff that's moot. Bamboo doesn't have a problem with anyone, even screaming fangirls (because you can walk around them), regardless of what anyone says, end of story. Done! :bigtu:

Guys chill cant we all just get a long. Well can I say that 70% of my cosplay friends are bi. I have growned to it. I really dont care anymore. I will admit I used to be close minded back in the day I was never really exposed to it. I go to cons year round so the whole bi and gay thing usual to me now. I see it so much now with friends and cons its a part of my life. I am not bi at all. I am a lesbian though lol.

Word. 100% with you. I don't think there are any orientation distinctions at cons cuz there's just so much love going around! The "free hug" lines are win, I'll hug every single one of them, guy or girl, haha! :toothy:

Fixed! :]

Basically...SEXUALITY SHOULD NOT BE DISCUSSED ON COSPLAY.COM DEAR GOD. Keep your thoughts and beliefs on the topic of cosplay and cons, not your issues with other's sexualities. Subject is not relevent to our interests!

C'meeeeeere, Kirby~~ >:3

Quoting someone on something you think they're saying (or whatever the hell that is) to diss them? Grow up. Sexuality topics stay off c.com? How about petty insults stay off c.com. End of discussion. :bigtu:

Al-ight pplz....letz just stay positive and get hyped for gettin down on that dance floor,gai-sensei we're own that floor,son!

Trust. The rave is definitely my favourite part of any con and I get all excited for it even weeks beforehand! It'll be nuts.

Honestly, people, all this drama and bullcrap just from a few small comments? Get over it, people say things that you won't like every single day, and you're just going to have to learn to live with it. Just today I was with some friends and one of them really offended me, but did I sit and whine about it and insult them and be a vindictive little kid about it? No, I just shook my head, took a deep breath, and let it roll off. Honestly, life is better if everyone just chills out and stops taking things so gosh darn personally. The only person you should worry about is yourself, so don't get riled up when someone says or does something you think they shouldn't, okay?

Love and peace, everyone, that's what it's all about. Now, for the last time, back on topic.

Gai-sensei, what rave outfits are you bringing to AMA? And does anyone know if there's one or two raves? I remember last year's Katsu you and I were rocking the red vests, hehe. I'm probably gonna pull something out that's a lot more UV-reactive this time around. Also, anyone been working on any dance styles they plan on busting out at the rave?

NiceGai44
05-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Well its up in the air right now. I want to do a whole purple Gai outfit with yellow leg warmers but I dont know where to start. Watch out it could happened. If not it will be good old raver Gai or raver Scar.

Everyone here drop this issue right now. I dont want no hatred at AMA. Everyone needs to worry about the rave. Thats why we are here. Anymore discussion of this bi issue and Gai Sensei will be pissed and will proceed to kick some ass.

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh man... purple with yellow warmers... I would pay to see that, that would be so off the wall. XD

fatalinjection
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
and you forfeited IMing privelages so no referencing stuff that's moot.

I love how blocking someone because they're annoying is 'forfeiting IMing privileges' now XD Oh, internet.

Anyways, there's only one rave, to get on topic.

Kaoshima
05-16-2007, 03:13 PM
DRAMA WA DAME DAYO!!! stop it! deez boardz are for otaku and cosplay, not for politics and sexuality!! I'm not even gonna bother offering my opinion 'cuz that'll just involve me even more, just stop it all! right now! thank you. :japan:

Anyways, I'm putting together a sweet black/white outfit that happens to be reminiscent of Final Form Sora. :D While I did not initially intend it to be so, I'll roll with it... Raver Sora at your service!

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Nice! I've seen pics of Sora's final form, and he looks pretty tight, I must say. I really look forward to tearin it up with ya, Kao! I'm trying to put together something with more black and white myself, so we can match XD

PS: What does "dame" mean? ^^;;

Kaoshima
05-16-2007, 03:30 PM
dame (dah-may) means literaly "no good" or can be translated as "bad" sometimes even "prohibited" something along those lines...

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Nice! I 100%ed my Japanese oral final today but that's one we didn't cover. Hehe. :3

You should wear a version of your Near (which looks great, btw) to the rave; you'd be a UV magnet! :bigtu:

Kaoshima
05-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks! and yeah, that would look pretty sweet! :D but my wig is ticking me off... my hair is too long and and won't stay under the wig, but if I cut my hair too short, it won't look very good out of costume either... D: aargh!

You take Japanese too? awesome! :D

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Totally, I'm doing 201 next semestre, then going to study abroad in Kansai (which is great because I don't speak Kansai-ben >_<) next spring! I'm just starting to get the hang of it, which is good. Heh :)

But yeah, if you're having issues with your hair, then I'm POSITIVE you can find a thread under the Wigs board that'll help you out with that. I have really long hair myself and I've been considering wigging it up. As far as pertaining to raves, though, wigs are HOT. From what I'm told. So it's mostly a visual thing, for looks and stuff.

Kaoshima
05-16-2007, 03:57 PM
yeah, when I debuted my Near at Katsu, I didn't even bother wearing it to the cosplay event 'cuz I'd been wearing it all day and it was getting really itchy, plus it didn't help that it was one of those cheap ones from party city. =P (it originally had purple streaks, but my dad and I painstakingly cut those out.) I couldn't even imagine wearing that thing to a rave. o_O besides, I like my natural hair just fine, there aren't too many people with naturally jet black hair. at least, not at my school. :3 anyhows. This Rave will be awesome!!! I can't wait!!!! XDDD

fatalinjection
05-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks! and yeah, that would look pretty sweet! :D but my wig is ticking me off... my hair is too long and and won't stay under the wig, but if I cut my hair too short, it won't look very good out of costume either... D: aargh!

You take Japanese too? awesome! :D

Do you use a wig cap? That's what it sounds like you need. :)

Kaoshima
05-16-2007, 04:08 PM
no, but I suppose I should give it a try sometime...

fatalinjection
05-16-2007, 04:09 PM
no, but I suppose I should give it a try sometime...

Yep, then that's the problem XD Wig caps help keep long hair under a wig, so you don't have edges poking out or anything like that ^^

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 04:10 PM
If you like the costume enough, it's probably worth it to invest in a higher-quality wig. Party City isn't exactly known for its attention to detail ;) Also, a wig cap would help. Some people don't wear them, some do; I still don't really get it all, hehe. That WOULD just make you hotter, though. Er, warmer. :P

fatalinjection
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
That WOULD just make you hotter, though. Er, warmer. :P

Not neccessarily. The typical ones are the pantyhose-material style ones, yes, which can get a bit hot, but there are also mesh kinds, which are very open and breezy ^^

Kaoshima
05-16-2007, 04:16 PM
o_O freudian slip?

lol anyways, thanks for the advice, I'll look into it when I get the chance!

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
my wig cap still doesnt keep all the little baby hairs around my hairline in, and it always feels like its gonna slip backwards off my head (even though it never does) :/ it's white
so the first time i put it on i looked and the mirror and thought "oh no, lukemia!" XD just because i also had bags under my eyes from staying up so it looked terrible

bamboocactus
05-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Haha that's awful XD

AgentOS
05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Wow this thing got off topic....so to stay on it I find the AMA dances to be one of the best of any convention I have been to. The DJ is usually really good along with great music and visuals. I am excited about the convention being at the GRCC with the big rooms and dance floor.

bamboocactus
05-18-2007, 01:35 PM
You think so? It felt kinda cheap to me because they just pushed a few chairs aside and the industrial lights were still on in the back of the room. I remember I really couldn't get into it :(

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
The darker the better for me
(glowsticks = more glowey and less worrying about how stupid i look XD)

the LAN warrior
05-21-2007, 02:13 AM
Use the "Ultra Hi-intensity" chem-lights like me. While it is true that they only glow brightly for about ten minutes, during that time they put out a hellacious amount of light, visible even in daylight. Best part is that they cost about the same as the regular ones.

bamboocactus
05-21-2007, 07:40 AM
you gotta be good at glowsticking to crack those puppies, cuz when you do EVERYONE looks :D

the LAN warrior
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
heh, yeah. I'll check to see if i have any left and if so i'll bring em with me.

Oh and does anyone know if there are restrictions this year on what can be worn?

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-21-2007, 03:51 PM
I think its the same thing as last year like, no flipflops, things dangling frmo your body etc.

Kaoshima
05-21-2007, 05:04 PM
do we get to report if power-trippers start banning headbands and ears?

bamboocactus
05-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Dunno. Check with con-ops first. My first reaction is to tell them where to stick it because I don't like power tripping authority but if you can go over their heads then even better :3

Kaoshima
05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I asked if there was gonna be a "get colette" type of thing like at Katsu on the AMA yahoo group/mailing list, but last I checked, that query went ignored, though I haven't checked my yahoo account in a while...

edit: yeah I recently checked, and my question was ignored completely =/ AMA really needs message boards

SunDemyxCloud55
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
yellow

the LAN warrior
05-25-2007, 01:20 PM
...yellow?

fatalinjection
05-25-2007, 02:44 PM
.............pink?

Nekko
05-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I prefer blue gingham myself.

fatalinjection
05-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I prefer blue gingham myself.

Nice choice.

Kaoshima
05-25-2007, 04:22 PM
ummmm... wat? o_O

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-25-2007, 11:10 PM
i like white and red gingham. it reminds me of picnics : D

Kaoshima
05-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I like orange 'cuz no one else seems to like it. that, and it's awesome.

the LAN warrior
05-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I'll take... Olive Drab.

Nekko
05-26-2007, 02:56 PM
You would wouldn't you.

I now what Im going to wear! Im hitting a hot topic for the most foux goth stuff evar. Then I am going to ALTER it!

OMG BLASPHAMY

bamboocactus
05-26-2007, 05:21 PM
... I'm not even going to pretend to know what's going on! :D

the LAN warrior
05-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I find it funny how all the "non-conformist" goth-type people shop at the same store. Surely the irony is apparent even to them.

fatalinjection
05-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I find it funny how all the "non-conformist" goth-type people shop at the same store. Surely the irony is apparent even to them.

And South Park.

the LAN warrior
05-26-2007, 08:00 PM
indeed. One of the great social satires of our day.

fatalinjection
05-26-2007, 10:05 PM
indeed. One of the great social satires of our day.

I agree :D

the LAN warrior
05-26-2007, 10:54 PM
it may be formulaic and crude, but even so it still manages to remain highly entertaining. But alas this is a conversation best saved for another forum.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-26-2007, 11:18 PM
You would wouldn't you.

I now what Im going to wear! Im hitting a hot topic for the most foux goth stuff evar. Then I am going to ALTER it!

OMG BLASPHAMY

when you do, come to the chesterfield town center one. It's where i work :D
even though i'm only a sales assosiate its cool.
its actually kind of funny because so many people that work at hottopic requested off for AMA that we can't all do it so we can only choose 1 day out of the three to have off for sure. (i think it was over half the store's staff)

theLANwarrior mentioned all the nonconformist goths all shop there, but we actually are getting less and less goths and mostly women aged 19-30 with small children. and black females (dont really know why)

Nekko
05-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I always go to the one in VCC, it's way closer to me. While I am there I always see chubby goths, emo girls and hipsters.

bamboocactus
05-27-2007, 07:04 PM
chubby goths, emo girls and hipsters.

Hehe that made me chuckle XD

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-27-2007, 07:42 PM
lol that sounds so different from mine, we got some goth kids but they never buy anything. like i said earlier its either moms withsmall children or black females that buy stuff

Kaoshima
05-28-2007, 12:28 PM
that's 'cuz the real goth kids don't buy anything, they're so "hardcore" that they don't even conform to economics, they shoplift. :) anyway, I think I saw you there once! I asked about the white shorts, if you had 'em in large and you were like "no" and I was like "damn" cuz I bought a pair a few weeks ago, but they got stained, and I tried to fix 'em with bleach, but that just wrecked 'em even more...

sorry, I'm ranting... (But I need a pair for teh rave!!! T_T)

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-28-2007, 01:53 PM
they DO shoplift, like crazy! it's why we installed those new sensor beeper thingies at the door. XD so many people ask me about different stuff i dont remember isolated events anymore, but we do have really heavy white bondage pants with black chains. but i'm pretty sure you'd die raving in them though o.o

bamboocactus
05-28-2007, 02:18 PM
that's 'cuz the real goth kids don't buy anything, they're so "hardcore" that they don't even conform to economics, they shoplift. :)

Hahaha nice XD

but we do have really heavy white bondage pants with black chains. but i'm pretty sure you'd die raving in them though o.o

I have those. I don't really recommend them because the chains (for me anyway) hang so low that when you walk they clack against the floor and one another and it's just obnoxious and no, you can NOT ply them apart. I'll try a circular cutter later. I just wear them as shorts nowadays, though. Yay, convertables! :D

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-28-2007, 07:05 PM
lol the chains do hang low (XD bout' twenty fo' inches) so much that at night we cant sweep under them because all of the chains for multiple pairs of pants combined are too hard to push aside to sweep under

twinkie
05-29-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah yeah, i get it. I'm a little slow.... and i happened to see this part of the convo. -_-;

DRAMA WA DAME DAYO!!! stop it! deez boardz are for otaku and cosplay, not for politics and sexuality!! I'm not even gonna bother offering my opinion 'cuz that'll just involve me even more, just stop it all! right now! thank you. :japan:

Anyways, I'm putting together a sweet black/white outfit that happens to be reminiscent of Final Form Sora. :D While I did not initially intend it to be so, I'll roll with it... Raver Sora at your service!

WHOOOOO! RAVER SORA!!! ^3^

Nekko
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Those size 56 bondage pants are not just for the amusement of the staff.

Mhhhmm Shorts would be better than full length tents around my legs..

the LAN warrior
05-29-2007, 07:42 PM
So has there been any news on if chem-lights are going to be allowed?

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Those size 56 bondage pants are not just for the amusement of the staff.

Mhhhmm Shorts would be better than full length tents around my legs..

Those things are the bane of my existance. They are impossible to find tags in, find sensors on, and to bag. They need to go to hell.

And no updates on ANY rave stuff yet :/ their gonna keep us waiting until the very last minute >.<

bamboocactus
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
So has there been any news on if chem-lights are going to be allowed?

If you mean glowsticks, then they're allowed. o.o;

the LAN warrior
05-30-2007, 11:40 AM
sorry, just the way i was raised. Same reason i call cafeterias mess halls, the floor deck, and bathroom head

Ryu_Hayabusa
05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
I think I read once in a con's rules ( i think it was nekocon) that glow sticks were fine as long as they weren't being thrown or spun around on the end of string or something like that. I'd assume its probably the same case at most cons.

bamboocactus
05-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Yup. No worries, LAN, just clarifying :D

Glowsticks/chem lights are allowed, but as our shinobi friend here said, you can't toss em (much), chuck em, or do poi/glowchucking. Basically, keep them in your hands is all.

Kaoshima
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Those things are the bane of my existance. They are impossible to find tags in, find sensors on, and to bag. They need to go to hell.

And no updates on ANY rave stuff yet :/ their gonna keep us waiting until the very last minute >.<
XoPinkuSpiderxo, you are now our official Hot Topic Liason. Good Luck.
:bigtu:

Nekko
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
I just got me a Bleach Hoodie. Cause I wanted it.

**Pulls flaming batons out from behind her back**

Muh hah ha ha

XoPinkuSpiderxo
05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
XoPinkuSpiderxo, you are now our official Hot Topic Liason. Good Luck.
:bigtu:

I didn't know what Liason meant, so I looked it up.
1. the contact or connection maintained by communications between units of the armed forces or of any other organization in order to ensure concerted action, cooperation, etc.
2. a person who initiates and maintains such a contact or connection.
3. an illicit sexual relationship.

YAY I'M AN ILLICIT SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP! :D

On the dance subject, do these DJs every play remixes of popular songs? Like Kellis Milkshake??? : D

bamboocactus
05-31-2007, 12:05 AM
Sometimes. If they play "milkshake" they know they'll get lynched, though. Usually just stuff thst was hugely popular back when, like "one more time", but for the most part it's pretty modern dance and electronic.

Kaoshima
05-31-2007, 03:19 PM

On the dance subject, do these DJs every play remixes of popular songs? Like Kellis Milkshake??? : D
o_O not exactly what I meant but hey, it's your life you can be whatever you want to be...:bigtu:

If someone could make a techno remix of the Totoro theme, that person would become my god. :reverse:

the LAN warrior
05-31-2007, 06:58 PM

a lofty goal which i myself aspire one day to reach.

bamboocactus
05-31-2007, 11:47 PM
If someone could make a techno remix of the Totoro theme, that person would become my god. :reverse:

That. Would. RULE. XD

a lofty goal which i myself aspire one day to reach.

Quoted for hilarity :D

Kaoshima
06-04-2007, 03:40 PM
stocking up on Vault and Bawls...

the LAN warrior
06-04-2007, 04:01 PM
MDX for me.

Kaoshima
06-04-2007, 04:09 PM
heheh... I made the mistake of drinking three Red Bulls and a Rockstar at roughly midnight-ish last year.

Never doing that again! O_O It was horrible, lying wide awake at 4:30 am, shivering in a cold sweat. not to mention I felt like absolute crap the next morning...

bamboocactus
06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
MDX for me.

I love that stuff. Bawls lost its novelty appeal for me a long time ago and I've never been able to drink red bull without gagging >_<

the LAN warrior
06-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Red bull isn't great but its drinkable. Rockstar on the other hand taste like cat urine (well i assume thats what cat urine taste like, ive never tasted any) There's a reason it's cheap.

Nekko
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I love my bawls. I tried taking those pills the sell at 7 elleven... I didn't sleep for about two days. But I finished a costume!

bamboocactus
06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
@___@;

You probably took a few years off your lifespan, too!
I would never trust pills I got at 7-11. Those things that say "Not FDA tested or approved" are shifty, at best.

Nekko
06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Kaufmans are long lived so thats not a problem. Chiyo cosplay here I come!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1437/532030337_236f9cb0fa_m.jpg

I want to wear somthing like this now.. would it be too hot?

XoPinkuSpiderxo
06-06-2007, 06:38 AM
i would pump up on energy drinks the night of the rave if i didnt KNOW that I would crash and sleep for 10+ hours afterwards and miss all of sunday, and sleep past work too XD i love my sleep too much

bamboocactus
06-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Kaufmans are long lived so thats not a problem. Chiyo cosplay here I come!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1437/532030337_236f9cb0fa_m.jpg

I want to wear somthing like this now.. would it be too hot?

And England fan, eh? My kinda girl! You'll be fine as far as temperature. :bigtu:

Nekko
06-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Bowler hats are teh awsome. I also like mimes..

Kaoshima
06-06-2007, 05:31 PM
On Friday before the con, a couple of my friends and I are going to raid the dollar store for glowsticks as well. :D pooling our funds and buying everything they got!

Nekko
06-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I already have a group to raid party city of theirs... BIG glowsticks!

Kaoshima
06-06-2007, 06:02 PM
LEERROOOOOOOOYYY!!! JJEEEEEENNNKIIIIIINNNSS!!!!

Oh my God he just ran in... Save him!

lol sorry, first thing I think of when I hear "raid"