PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Cosplay?

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 12:24 AM
What would be a good material to use for a Gundam Mobile Suit? I'm looking as going as Burning Gundam for next year's local con, and I want to get started right away! Please help me! Much thanks.

distantarray
04-09-2007, 12:29 AM
cardboard and light weight plaster and it's done. people have made good costumes with just cardboard alone, but they fall apart very easily. I saw a video in youtube of good gundam cosplay before fighting a battle unfortunately most of it fell apart towards the end lol

http://koti.phnet.fi/otaku/cosplay/gundam.jpg lol

http://www.bigsound.org/luxia/weblog/gundam.jpg <-- good one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJmDwDjrtA nice gundam cosplay

distantarray
04-09-2007, 12:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch9JL6CnL8g&mode=related&search= omg this is motorized

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 12:44 AM
That last one was EXCELLENT. If I could find out how to do that, I would go as God Gundam instead of Burning.

I might even go in Hyper Mode...

distantarray
04-09-2007, 12:51 AM
if you ever need help i'm going to start offering services to make the costumes :)

i'm a hairdresser,mother's a seamsdress, and my brother's a artist/sculptor =)

the gundam costume is actually really easy to make, the hard part is keeping it light so is a mobile suit not an immobile suit.

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 12:55 AM
That depends on where you live. I'm up in Washington, but if we could find a way to work it out, I would gladly commission the suit.

distantarray
04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
That depends on where you live. I'm up in Washington, but if we could find a way to work it out, I would gladly commission the suit.

I'm in Florida lol all the way on the other corner of the United States.
priorty mail is'nt exspensive, but molding is usually exspensive, though i can't imagine a gundam being too hard i'll ask my brother about the estimated cost. I know the halo master chief one was exspensive to make.

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Please do!

You're being a great help. I want it to look as authentic as possible, and if that means spending a little more money, then I'm all for it.

distantarray
04-09-2007, 01:24 AM
he's asleep now it's almost 2:30 here i'll ask him in the morning. i think it should be easy since most of the pieces are actually flat on gundam. smoothing the lines like in the master chief costume is what makes it hard.

funny thing was i spent weeks before halloween saran wrapping his body and rubbing vasoline over it lol i felt gay. just to have him make a custom fitted one for his body.

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Quick question. What would be a good way to make Burning's hand light up, but still be able to move around? I realize that that might be a bit of a challenge, but if anyone can find a way, PLEASE let me know.

distantarray
04-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Quick question. What would be a good way to make Burning's hand light up, but still be able to move around? I realize that that might be a bit of a challenge, but if anyone can find a way, PLEASE let me know.

led lights which is cheap and clear plastic cover.

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Hmmm...

Good idea. I'll continue to look into it. But I definitely like where this collaboration is going... :)

Thanks again for all your help, distantarray.

distantarray
04-09-2007, 02:12 AM
no problem, if you need types of LED lights you can always try doing search for raving, ravers always use lots of LED lights, personally i prefer fire poi :)

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 02:28 AM
no problem, if you need types of LED lights you can always try doing search for raving, ravers always use lots of LED lights, personally i prefer fire poi :)

XD

The main reason I want the hands to light up is BECAUSE i'm a raver. And there's a rave at every Sakura-Con. So you see how it works out.

distantarray
04-09-2007, 02:32 AM
XD

The main reason I want the hands to light up is BECAUSE i'm a raver. And there's a rave at every Sakura-Con. So you see how it works out.

bring fire poi instead :)

and check out Yuta's poi he's the best there is :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCcLZUT81Lw

2:52 flowers are amazing

also check out his seemless directional changes

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 02:57 AM
A most excellent video. I shall have to learn how.

Now, on a completely random note:

" This hand of mine burns with an awesome power! It tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"

distantarray
04-09-2007, 03:01 AM
you know if people don't watch the anime they could wonder if your talkin about some weird hentai

Lukas Sanvien
04-09-2007, 03:16 AM
I never thought of it like that...

Of course, if they do think that, then that means they're missing out on one of the greatest Gundam series ever.

distantarray
04-09-2007, 03:36 AM
i personally liked wing or v gundam the best.

on a random note i got weirded out the otherday at wal-mart with my gf, a lil girl in a cart infront of us pointed at me and just screamed out "GUNDAM WING" -_-;

Lukas Sanvien
04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Lukas Sanvien
04-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Anyone know how to make a set of expanding wings? I'm thinking of changing from the original Burning Gundam to the Hyper Mode form.

Lukas Sanvien
04-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Please don't let this die! I want as many opinions as possible!

Lukas Sanvien
04-26-2007, 05:53 PM
*poke poke* I hope it's not dead. Anyone have any suggestions as to making a glowing, movable hand?