PDA

View Full Version : EARTHBOUND Cosplay!

Mizuho
04-15-2003, 08:08 PM
I know of only a few people who've done Earthbound cosplay. I always get so excited when I see an Earthbound cosplayer-- it seems that barely anyone knows how awesome that game is! I was thinking about getting a few friends together to cosplay as the Fab Four... Does anybody else here think that Earthbound cosplay is awesome? ^__^ Woo hoo for Earthbound!

Kurenai
04-15-2003, 08:16 PM
O____O I barely remember Earthbound, but I -do- remember it was lots of fun to play! Pleeeeease post some pix if you end up doing it ^_^V

sunako
04-15-2003, 08:23 PM
I second the hooray for Earthbound cosplay!

It's a possibility that there might be a Ness and Paula at Anime Expo this year!

Neko Cathy
04-16-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm thinking about going as Paula or Venus (the singer chick in the Runaway 5) for either this year's Nekocon or Katsucon next year. I'll probably go as Venus since my hair's too long to be Paula.

Michi
04-18-2003, 05:56 AM
I'd love to see a group. ^_^ I know Nyankochan did Paula at Katsucon. Good stuff. :F I intend to dress up my eight year old brother as Ness soon. >D

Neko Cathy
04-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Michi
I'd love to see a group. ^_^ I know Nyankochan did Paula at Katsucon. Good stuff. :F I intend to dress up my eight year old brother as Ness soon. >D

This years Katsucon?! Damn I wished I saw her.

PikminLink
04-20-2003, 05:11 PM
..hey i like earthbound....but i havent seen much cosplay ...i doubt i would have the time to make an outfit...but my friend is thinking about being ness for halloween this year^^

Mizuho
04-20-2003, 10:12 PM
That Nyankochan's costume was SO wonderful! It give me chills when I saw it in the gallery! :rofl:

accelagirl
04-21-2003, 10:05 PM
hum... some friends of mine are probably doing a group Ness cosplay at a-kon this year.. (not an Earthbound group, they're just all going as Ness ^.^;;)...

Iori E
04-21-2003, 11:25 PM
I love Earthbound, but I haven't thought of doing any cosplay for it. Maybe Jeff... or Mr. Saturn if I'm crazy enough...

Say, would anime con staff allow Ness to carry a baseball bat and Paula to carry a frying pan? :P

Michi
04-22-2003, 05:43 AM
Iori E ~ Well, Nyankochan carried a frying pan around Katsu, I think...

accelagirl ~ Are they all gonna be different colors a la Super Smash Bros? ^_^

Neko Cathy
04-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Iori E
Say, would anime con staff allow Ness to carry a baseball bat and Paula to carry a frying pan? :P

A baseball bat, absolutely not because that's considered a common used everyday weapon. For an actual frying pan it really depends on what con you go to. Some allow it like Michi mentions (I'm surprised they allowed her w/ a frying pan because they said no to weapons on their site.. guess it only had to do w/ guns then), but some would ask to discard it or peacbond it. See the Peacebond thread over at The Rant Board.

Michi
04-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Heh, I want to see a peacebonded frying pan.

Neko Cathy
04-22-2003, 01:46 PM
They can since it's metal and hard enough to hurt someone if you whack a person. I'm thinking about going to a high maintenance con, walk around with a rectangle styrofoam board and paint words on it that read "PEACEBOUND THIS WEAPON!" just for kicks.

accelagirl
04-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Michi
accelagirl ~ Are they all gonna be different colors a la Super Smash Bros? ^_^

i think so... the girl in the group is going to be female ness as well, in a skirt and mini-shirt ^^;; i think they're working on a solid pk thunder and pk fire to go along with the bat and yo-yo... o_O

Troppy
04-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Earthbound is my favorite SNES game...It was so wonderfully obscure! I was actually talking about Earthbound cosplay with a friend for a simple task to take on for AnimeReactor in October since my finances will be drained at that point...but we felt we would not be recognized. We wanted to be the Runaway Five and Venus...but people hardly recognize Ness, sheesh...the R5 would be like...ignored... XD

and yet the idea makes me so happy... ;_;

Michi
04-22-2003, 07:37 PM
I think Ness would be slightly more recognizable these days because of the Super Smash Bros series. ^_^

Neko Cathy
04-23-2003, 08:28 AM
Oh yea, there was also the hippie boss at Katsu too...

http://www.fansview.com/2003/katsucon/021403c045.jpg