PDA

View Full Version : *gasp* They have a whole con for this wonderful stuff...?

_silver_dragon_
04-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Hehehe, that is awesome!!! *dance* I didnt know they had a whole con to the wonderful Yaoi/Shounen-ai-ness stuff!! HEhehe... Wish I could go....

Karisu-sama
04-16-2003, 02:20 AM
Hang in there until '06 then. ^____^ Don't try to rush out of being a kid, you'll miss it when you're no longer one...

Michi
04-16-2003, 04:10 AM
I'm sure it'll be a really big con by '06, too. o_O;; Goodness.

Kenshin Ken
05-15-2003, 07:04 PM
And it would be a scary time....
....when Y-con grows big enough to hold a big screening room for theater-sized shows...

.....*shudder* boku no sexual harassemnt in surround sound... >.<;;; *shudder*

Zelly
05-16-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin Ken
And it would be a scary time....
....when Y-con grows big enough to hold a big screening room for theater-sized shows...

.....*shudder* boku no sexual harassemnt in surround sound... >.<;;; *shudder*

OMG!!!! Raping with corn on the BIG SCREEN!!!!!!!! *screams in orgasmic joy*

Karisu-sama
05-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Heeeeeeey! You gave it away! No Spoilers! :p

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 08:39 PM
U mean Yao con is 18+? whoa.

Michi
05-23-2003, 10:22 PM
I remember my friends complaining about the corn @_@ But I've never seen Boku no Sexual Harrassment myself..

Isaldur ~ Yes, for the subject matter and the fact that they apparently can't figure out how to organize it differently. The alternative is the up and coming Japantown Anime Faire this September. ^^

SohjiroX
05-24-2003, 06:38 AM
I cant wait till the next one really I had alot of fun.

Kenshin Ken
05-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Zelly
OMG!!!! Raping with corn on the BIG SCREEN!!!!!!!! *screams in orgasmic joy*

..uugh *shudder8 dammit noiw! ^^;; there's a sale on CORN at my workplace.....did ya HAVE to give me that image? ^^:;

...* has to handle many upon many cobs at his Bagger-monkey job at Slaveway*

^^;;;;

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-11-2003, 02:17 AM
I WANNA GO! But i can wait until 2005! (which is the year i graduate! YAY! I'm going cross country!) I read the description on the official con site that they gave Yaoi! HAHA! I laughed at it....i would have given it a much...graphic description......

Baka Neko
06-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Sux that I won't be able to make it til next year's con... Bugs me that I miss it by a mere 2 months XP But feel free to check out the music video contest for those attending! I'll be entering a few videos again. Did anyone happen to see the 'Gravitation Complication' or 'Pop Idol Antics'? Those were my 2 gravi videos ^^

Kateko
06-30-2003, 01:17 PM
But...I won't be old enough!! *bursts into tears*

Faye Valentine
07-06-2003, 11:06 PM
*tear* Since my birthday is so late in the year, I won't be able to go until '07!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!! *sigh* Hopefully (but it probably won't happen) it would be really nice if it was after Nov. 20 in '06...then I could go. ^.^ My best friend is going this year. I hope she brings me back lots and lots of DOUJINSHI!! Eeeee!!
...and the whole corn thing in Boku no Sexual Harrasment...would be nice on big screen!! Oh yaaaay!! *fangirl squeal*

Psychotic Jei
07-07-2003, 03:44 PM
I like want to go....but..I'm having issues with things. Whee. Good thing its a few months away. Enough time to get Folken done...I hope.

Teteiyusu
07-11-2003, 07:09 AM
I wish that I have known about Yaoi Con sooner, I would have went to that one instead of AX LAST YEAR...
You Higuri was there...
Well at least I have the money to make it this year, 2003!
As for Boku No Sexual Harrasment, That corn seen was something new to my eyes! but it didn't bother me at all.

when you reach the age to go, don't miss out! Bye everyone!

T-san
07-23-2003, 02:43 PM
PH33R US YAOI-CON!! For the the B.P.F. arrives in 2005! *laughes* yeah...we may just be a bunch of fangirls and boys, but we're ORGANIZED dammit! XD

Ihrie
07-23-2003, 11:03 PM
o.o dude, I think I joined your e-mail list lol

Was that you guys who were at Jacon? ?_?

Kaname
07-24-2003, 06:18 AM
Does anyone know if you can use your driver's license as ID for the online payment? It asks for a VCity or Aestheticism ID, and after e-mailing their registration person (and not getting a reply), I still don't know what either of those are.

I also just realized that the college I will be attending in October is literally right down the street from the hotel the con is being held at (it's the art institute). So, even if I have class the days of the con, I can just walk down the block to my beloved yaoi. _

T-san
07-24-2003, 07:39 PM
o.o dude, I think I joined your e-mail list lol

Was that you guys who were at Jacon? ?_?

Yes it was! XD C-chan and I also showed up at the Shounen Ai panel that day, giggling in one of the back rows.

*bows* thanks for joining! :D it's always nice to have fellow yaoi fans out there. . and did you know some bastard stole our sign? *curses* always somebody out to get you...

XD and if you're going to AFO we'll be there too! so stop by and say 'hi' to us, k?

Karisu-sama
07-24-2003, 09:13 PM
You use your drivers license (or rather, a photocopy of it) for the mail-in registration. Online requires an Aestheticism ID or VCity ID, both of which one gets by mailing in a photocopy of one's driver's license as well - so you ultimately have to do that one way or another.

I got my reg at Fanime; even though I was a member of the previous Y-con, I STILL had to show my driver's license (which makes me laugh, at my age. )

Ihrie
07-25-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by T-san
Yes it was! XD C-chan and I also showed up at the Shounen Ai panel that day, giggling in one of the back rows.

*bows* thanks for joining! :D it's always nice to have fellow yaoi fans out there. . and did you know some bastard stole our sign? *curses* always somebody out to get you...

XD and if you're going to AFO we'll be there too! so stop by and say 'hi' to us, k?
Jeebus...no I can't go to AFO ;_;

It was either AFO or AWA for me and I chose AWA...=P nya nya

T-san
07-25-2003, 11:49 AM
It was either AFO or AWA for me and I chose AWA...=P nya nya

fine then. you get to miss out on twister and penis cake. XD

chai_fiend
07-25-2003, 01:08 PM
ok i luv the idea of yaoi-con, but um i liv on the opposite side if the great US of A and i don't hav much money. yaoi-con just makes me upset, but atleast i'm 18

T-san
07-25-2003, 01:54 PM
but um i liv on the opposite side if the great US of A

;_; i feel your pain...^^; might not be 18 yet but i do live in FL *sighes* so far...

DragonHeart
08-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey peoples! Just figured i'd jump in the conversation. Um....I have yet to attened my first con, and this time i think i'll be able to make it. It seems that this con is closest to me in relation to location, but i dont know much about it....um, could someone explain what the theme of the con is?

Karisu-sama
08-04-2003, 08:27 AM
DragonHeart: LOL - Yaoi-con is definitely a "special-interest" 18+ only convention...

It's about Shounen-Ai / Yaoi anime / manga. If you don't know what that is, you can do a Google search - but basically the theme is boys who like other boys - yes, in THAT way. The majority of SA / Yaoi fans are straight women - thus Yaoi-con is actually a good place for straight guys to meet / hang out with girls, surprisingly enough (which is why there are also straight men attending the con as well as gay ones.) Note: I am not taking any guess on your orientation, just providing info. ^^

If you are in Arizona, Ani-Magic (2 weeks before Yaoi-con) might be a good bet for you as well - it's in Lancaster CA, just north of LA, and it's a wonderful, small, relaxed cosplayers' con - like a 3-day party. I for one will attend both of these cons.

Rey-Rey
08-04-2003, 12:15 PM
I remember when the HYA thing was going on.

Around the same time, Yaoi-Con was introduced.

Suddenly, people were saying, "REY-REY HAS TO GO! HE'S THE FATHER OF HYA!"

Good thing I have BRAINS.

DragonHeart
08-04-2003, 07:37 PM
LMAO! Well, i'm not exactly going to meet women, but to just have fun. I think i'll go as inuyasha... (cringes at the thought of seeing a million people dressed exactly the same as me) My preference is strait btw. Well, whay dont you PM me, perhaps you can fill me in on the cons, and i'll have a basic idea of just what i'm getting into on my first con.

ElleHazard
08-05-2003, 12:17 AM
chai_fiend & T-san: Coincidence? Two of my room-mates are from Maryland and another is coming from Florida.

Sorry, just thought that was interesting.

chai_fiend
08-05-2003, 12:17 PM
interesting indeed...

ElleHazard
08-05-2003, 03:12 PM
I just realized that my message is a bit on the confusing side (not that I'm saying anyone is confused). I meant, my future room-mates for Y-con.