PDA

View Full Version : Samus From Metroid

loki555
04-15-2003, 10:16 PM
I just wonder how hard her power suit is hard to make

cyankirby
04-15-2003, 10:33 PM
I guess it depends on what you would make it out of and how efficiently you use the materials... 99% of characters can be cosplayed but some take more time and more thought about materials.

DigitalCactus
04-16-2003, 12:33 AM
I am actually considering making this but it would take at least a couple years of devotion.. Fiberglass is a beautiful thing. I would first sculpt it from clay.. as seen on www.bioweapons.com... et cetera, et cetera.... personally I would give MAJOR props to someone who made that costume acurately

SynVanSiWes
04-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Hmm, My boyfriend is working on a samus suit, and I would say it looks to be extremely difficult. He started around christmas and he doesn't think he's going to get it done by Otakon. Like Cyan Kirby says, difficulty of working the material you choose is going to be a deciding factor.

Master Zero
04-22-2003, 11:50 AM
I say Extremely hard, but do it anyway

rovalles
04-22-2003, 12:01 PM
all depending of which costume you are making. I know that the Fusion costume would be the most difficult.

Lady Somairot
04-23-2003, 05:56 PM
my bf and i are making this costume for me to wear at Otakon... and much much trial and error has already ensued as we tried to figure out... just HOW IN THE HELL to make this damned thing. the key - making it WEARABLE.

we went through different thoughts and opinions on how to do this (he made a body cast of me in plaster - ha! what fun.... o_O - it fell apart... and it was SOOO INCREDIBLY SAD when it fell apart... >_<!!)

anyway, now we're using a clothing base. taking a shirt and covering all but my joints in plaster-wrap. then, from the firm foundation, adding foam rubber that can be shaped/sanded down to the right shape for her armor. then this will be covered in latex so it'll be all shiney happy peopley and look like armor. AND it will be liteweight. thank GOD. ^_^

oh! and the gun arm is made mostly from two big pieces of foam. i really wanted to make the front of it open and close like her's does, but i really don't know how we'd do that.

*sigh* but the majority of it won't get finished until classes are over for the semester. *Shakes head* this is gonna be painful... ^_^_^_^_^

rovalles
04-24-2003, 07:43 AM
i suggest using a body suit first you know the full body type. wwork around that first. If you and your boyfriend get it done i'd like to see it.

UnstableNoah
04-24-2003, 08:23 AM
I'll just say it as to be really hard.

Lady Somairot
04-24-2003, 05:15 PM
@_@ i must admit that i have a slight adversion to body suits after making my Asuka plug suit from Eva. though it would probably be easier.... hmm... *raised eyebrow* ..am i ready to face the scary body suit monster again...??

^____^

Space Invader
04-24-2003, 08:41 PM
If you have a Vacuuform table, I would say DEFINATELY use that. Plastic beats fiberglass any day. ^______^

Lady Somairot
04-28-2003, 04:09 PM
what's a Vacuuform table??

rovalles
04-30-2003, 07:32 AM
isnt that one of thoseplastic molds that you use a vacuum with.........btw another idea came to mind but i don't personally agree to it myself but liquid latex might work.

Lady Somairot
05-02-2003, 08:19 AM
*blink blink* chuuu......

and i had no idea there were molds you could use vacuums with! that's awesome! ^_^

Eccoglyph
05-02-2003, 03:59 PM
LOL - vaccuum tables are EXPENSIVE - even if you make your own, one of the "materials" is a shop vaccuum. You make a mold, put it on the table, melt your plastic and place it over the mold, turn on the vaccuum (which is under the table) (*SUCK!*) The plastic takes the form of your mold beautifully (sometimes). I envy you if you have access to one.

rovalles
05-05-2003, 07:27 AM
i know that such exist in canada. thats about it

Kurai
05-30-2003, 09:51 PM
Ah! I'm planning on making a Samus costume as well. I say, yes it's gonna be hella hard but the challange is what I like about making a costume. ^_^ The harder the costume the more fun I have trying to figure out how to make it. I wish you good luck on yours!