PDA

View Full Version : descisions descisions...

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 07:14 AM
Heya! I got a problem... I'm just starting to write up the design tags for my costume... only problem is, I can't decide which character yet. Daft, ne? Well, I got a choice, Shiva, (not difficult, nearly no clothes to design but need of ALOT of blue body paint) or, Quistis (nice outfit, good use of hair style, nice and basic, no iffdly body paint, just orange). Which do you think is a better choice? No matter which character, the outfit is still rather revealing, so I'm being brave designing it at all cos I'm shy about how I look, so either one. Just SHiva's hair that puts me off and findind the right boots cheaply, or finding leather cheaply, that puts me off of Quistis. Help!

KuroBara
08-21-2002, 10:19 AM
If your shy about looks, Shiva may not be right for you. Quistis just shows a little tummy, right? Maybe you should start with her, see how you feel wearing it, and then move up to Shiva. There are always sales on boots, and e-bay! Good luck.

HuongStar
08-21-2002, 11:07 AM
The time, patience, effort, and cost that goes into Shiva's hair might be worth paying a little extra for some brown boots that at least you'll be able to wear again.

Sami
08-21-2002, 11:13 AM
I think Shiva would definitely be cooler because it takes so much work, and it's so elaborate and different that people notice that. I was a little nervous about wearing my Kidd costume because the shirt was really tiny and the skirt was shorter than I'm used to, but I got used to it and started to have fun with it. ^_^ (I wore a pair of really short spandex shorts under my skirt because I was a little iffy -- they helped!)

But yeah, I think Shiva would be cool, if you can deal with all that body paint. ^_^

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 12:49 PM
Thank you all for your input! You've been a brilliant help! Any extra hints of tips on costume design would be greatly appreciated if you got anything that might be useful for me to know! .. Cos, of course, I'm a total ammatuer, lol!

HuongStar
08-21-2002, 02:00 PM
You don't have to deal with much body paint if you can make a good bodysuit. ^_^

GenderConfusedCloud
08-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Yeah I considered that, but after studying a Shiva figure I just couldnt bare to not be tradionally skimpy as opposed to spandex-lycra-shiny. It IS a good suggestion though, but really it's just the hair thats the never-gonna-happen feature.