PDA

View Full Version : What to expect at AMA?

Holland
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Folks, I'm new to the con thing (first one will be AZ in Durham, NC in May. Richmond isn't that far and I figured it would be a natural one to attend. How many show up there? How is parking, getting around, etc..?

I'd be doing Holland Novak from Eureka 7. Any other E7 cosplayers going?

Thanks!

Lumasnati
04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I won't be doing Eureka 7, but I will be doing lots of others. ^^;;

Umm. -thinks for a moment to answer questions- Okie pokie. Let's see.

Question 1 and 2: This is a small con. And when I say small, it's probably about the size of AUSA which is about 2000 people. It's REALLY small. Probably one of the smallest cons I've been to. But it's homely and comfy. <3 Lots of cosplayers.

And parking?

Eh. Hotel parking is a bitch. And be warned, they have been known to double charge you for a space. X__X;

Holland
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
It's good to hear that it's a small con. I don't know how it'll be to go to something big with many thousands of people. I tend to be quiet and keep to myself...

GeneStarwind211
04-13-2007, 12:11 AM
This is my third AMA I'll be going to. I have to say it is one of the smaller cons I've been to, but last year we did get about 3,000 people. This is it's second year at the convention center. I have to say I'm looking forward to the con this year. I'm currently enjoying cosplaying as Kabuto from Naruto, just his character seems to suit my personality. As well as how I look. I've been told I make a natural looking Kabuto. Anyways enjoy the cosplay, be sure to check out the main events we have this year, and check out the anime music video contest. If your into music and seeing clips of your favorite anime put to them then I think you'll like it.

Gene Starwind 21122

Oh and I recommend going to Otakon if you can. I always have fun there and do I need to say its big (23,000+ last year)

FancyFace
04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
This year will be my second year going. I'm looking forward to it as well. It is a small con, but thats awsome because you get spend some real down time with the guests, and meet other fans. I'll be going as Elphaba from Wicked. Sailor V from PGSM and April O' Neil from TMNT.

samt03
04-19-2007, 02:49 PM
If you want to see what the cons like I have videos from it here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FAB73BC74281CEE2 the video on the bottom "Anime Mid Atlantic 06-1" is Friday, the ones on the second page are Sunday. They show pretty much the whole con (hallways, dealers room) since we walked across the convention center while I recorded.