PDA

View Full Version : Anime Expo 2003 - What and Who?

Pages : [1] 2

Blade
08-21-2002, 02:18 PM
*finally gets back onto her computer after what seems like forever!*

Hey all! Just wondering who's planning what for this upcoming year! That is if anyone has figured out what they want to do....

:devil:

*looks around devilishly* Teehee!

Well, just pondering!

---{@ Lady Blade

Rosiel
08-21-2002, 02:39 PM
I have... =) of course it's tentative...

1) Re-wearing Michel Lavalier (Escaflowne).
2) A new Rosiel (Angel Sanctuary).
3) Yuber (Suikoden 3).

Yggdrasil Pie
08-21-2002, 03:31 PM
Waiii....Gotta edit this... ¬¬

1. Nakoruru Bust from Samurai Shodown
2. Ayame from Suikoden 3
3. Ayame from Fruits Basket
4. Raiha from Flame of Recca

I don't think I can finish this much..... @_@

khamryn
08-21-2002, 03:37 PM
I'm plotting only one so far... Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary. ^_^

Rosiel
08-21-2002, 04:19 PM
> Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary. ^_^

*lots of purring can be heard* So we can put you down as our group's Lulu, right?

Michi
08-21-2002, 05:54 PM
AX 2003? I have... several cons before then.. ^^; So I can't really tell you. Perhaps I'll know at the end of the year. =3

I'd do Angel Sanctuary cosplay if I had more talent. o_x Or knew it better.

Celine
08-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah... AX is soooo far away... o_o but... I'm planning to have:

Final Fantasy Tactics (Ramza, Alma, etc)
Suikoden 3 (Sera)
...other stuff... ^^

khamryn
08-21-2002, 09:47 PM
>lots of purring can be heard* So we can put you down as our group's Lulu, right?

Yeah. ^.^ ::Lol:: Long as you don't mean I have to have this HUGE chest and a lotta belts. ::Ducks and runs for cover.::

Tenshi
08-21-2002, 10:35 PM
Jeebus. . .that's a long time away. I can tell you what I'd LIKE to have:

+ Another Pretear costume (possibly Water)
+ Something new from FFVI (I can't help it, I wuuuuuv FFVI XD)
+ MAYBE Selphie from Kingdom Hearts (but that's a big if)
+ Allen from Escaflowne
+ Deedlit will probably come (for the price of my wig, it's coming to a LOT of cons ~~;; )

Sana-chan
08-22-2002, 12:32 AM
For AX03 I'll be wearing my Naru costume (snicker snicker), Yuna, Julia, and Chii. I might do 2 costumes on a certain day, but those are juss my main 4 this coming year. I'll prolly bring more tho cuz it's always a good thing ^_^.

ling_xiaoyu2002
08-22-2002, 03:00 AM
Hi,
For AX 2003 I will be Micheal from AS....however my Yuffie costume will now be under pending...due to limited time...that I might have....so if the need arises that I change my second costume I will....I have two back-up costumes...here is the list for AX 2003

1)Micheal(100% positive that this one will be done!)
2)Yuffie(substitute costume "may" be needed)
3)Garnet(substitute costume 1)
4)Sailor Leopard(substitute costume 2)

Hopefully I can retain my original costuming schedule!
Maybe in 2004 I'll be someone from Capcom vs. SNK2 or something like that. oh well bye!

Rosiel
08-22-2002, 08:40 AM
> Suikoden 3 (Sera)

So you will do it after all! Yay! Yay! I need someone to be eyecatching because Yuber surely isn't!

> Long as you don't mean I have to have this HUGE chest and a lotta belts.

LOL

I have his bad habit of calling Lucifer Lulu for short, because Lulu (nickname for Lucien) sounds /SO/ gay in French... it's just funny using it for a big tall evil demon. ^___^

> Micheal(100% positive that this one will be done!)

Yay! Mika-chan!

khamryn
08-22-2002, 02:57 PM
> have his bad habit of calling Lucifer Lulu for short, because Lulu (nickname for Lucien) sounds /SO/ gay in French... it's just funny using it for a big tall evil demon. ^___^

I see. ::lol.:: I'll put it under constraints of another nickname of mine.. only you may use that. XP hehe (Az has a nickname for me that I only let him use. ^^; )

Rosiel
08-22-2002, 03:35 PM
> I'll put it under constraints of another nickname of mine.. only you may use that.

All right, and I will only use it if you're in costume.

BTW if you do go through with Lucifer (as opposed to Lucifel), I'll whine and complain and slather myself with bodypaint to be degenerating Rosiel. ^_____^ I'd have to make the rock in which Lucifer's soul is emprisonned... and buy a white bedsheet... LOL

Blade
08-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Does anyone of pictures of Baal from A.S???????? *plot*plot* ..... *crawls on the floor* ...must...be...someone.... skanky.... this.... year.... *twitch*falls off a cliff*

*MyuMyu in background.... (yes shes here too -_-;;;; *smacked*)*
MyuMyu: I WANT TO BE ALEXIEL!!!!! *flail*

Michi
08-23-2002, 03:47 AM
Maybe I should do Arakune's OAV outfit just to join in on the fun. :P *goes to find a forest green trenchcoat and magenta lingerie*

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 09:28 AM
> Maybe I should do Arakune's OAV outfit just to join in on the fun.

Yes Michi, join us! It's a lot of fun trying to squeeze a huge group of cosplayers into a photo. =) We need to find you a Kurai! And you need a tan! LOL

Nadeshiko
08-23-2002, 04:35 PM
So far I have the "bridal" version of Karen Kasumi and the clothesline version of Nadeshiko. Otherwise, it's up in the air for now. ^^

khamryn
08-23-2002, 07:57 PM
>BTW if you do go through with Lucifer (as opposed to Lucifel), I'll whine and complain and slather myself with bodypaint to be degenerating Rosiel. ^_____^ I'd have to make the rock in which Lucifer's soul is emprisonned... and buy a white bedsheet... LOL

~_^ I'm planning on doing both. Muaha.

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 12:55 AM
Gah . . . I come on, there's 458 posts since I was last on. X.x Luckily while sitting in traffic (don't ask) I've had plenty of time for evil costume plotting. I doubt I'll do exactly what I'm thinking I will now, though . . .

1) Ilpalazzo, Excel Saga (for karaoke contest; 100% sure)
2) Ashram, Lodoss War (for masq; 100% sure)
3) Kuzuri, Chobits (?)
4) Locke, FF3/6 (?)

For ACen, I'm thinking I'll do Bou-chan from Houshin Engi and something AS . . . so whatever I do for that will probably show up at AX too. ^^

Yggdrasil Pie
08-24-2002, 12:58 AM
Waii!!! Ayeka? You're doing Ilpalazzo? I shall glomp you!!! XD

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 01:42 AM
Yes, I am doing Ilpalazzo. ^^ And I have already agreed to be a glompable Ilpalazzo. *wonders if she should charge* Only thing is, it's AyAka, not Ayeka. lol. Everyone thinks my name is from Tenchi Muyo . . . ^^; But I will of course respond to Ilpalazzo at the con. XD

Ukayoru no Chou
08-24-2002, 03:09 AM
Scoreness! I must be there ! ><;;; I have no idea as of right now who I will be..but three or 4 costumes..shall be carried along [ if I go ] ...must ...save...enough...MONEY ><;;;

I will be glomping, and speaking, and following you people around ^^; til Im not so shy and say Hi xD

kelldar
08-24-2002, 08:59 AM
I might be coming!! ^_^ Heh, I'm excited just to be coming out west, not to mention the con :D
It's way to far away for me to really plan, but so far I'm thinking about...
Morrigan - Darkstalkers (w/my friend as BB Hood)
Asuka plugsuit version - eva

those are the ones I've been thinking about for AX... I dunno tho, I may end up doing them for A-kon or something ^^; And I need to think of a third one...

Tenshi
08-24-2002, 11:34 AM
AYAKA!!!! Watch out for a major glomp attack if I spot you as Locke :}. And Ilpalazzo! I want to cosplay Excel but it's one of those "do it if I have enough time/money" things ^^;;.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-24-2002, 12:11 PM
Wai...sorry Ayaka...I an idiot. ^^;;
You're definetly are gonna get alot of glomps...you're feel sore after a couple of hours. XD

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 12:38 PM
lol well so far I've only been glomped once, so I think a few more wouldn't kill me. ^^ Think anybody will try to glomp me as Ashram, or is it just me who has a fascination with sexy dark-haired villains? XD There's going to be rather a number of Excel people, actually! Which will be very cool.

Ukayoru - Be not shy! That's how I managed to only actually say anything to Saru, even though I saw some other cosplay.com people. Besides, Admin's planning a party, so we can all be shy in the same room. ^^

Kell - lol, I think you have plenty of time to think up a third costume. ^^

Yggdrasil Pie
08-24-2002, 05:20 PM
What? Ashram too?! You shall get another glomp from me!! XD

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 11:57 PM
lol it'll be glomp central, huh? ^^

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 09:53 AM
Kham:

> ~_^ I'm planning on doing both. Muaha.

Then I will do it... just choose a warm con so I won't freeze my bottom off... a little bit of draped white fabric insn't the best way to stay warm. And if I do end up doing it, it will be my skimpiest costume ever... And by a long shot. O_O

---------------

Ayaka:

> 2) Ashram, Lodoss War (for masq; 100% sure)

Oh wow I want to see that!

> and something AS . . . so whatever I do for that
> will probably show up at AX too. ^^

Now my brain is going in two directions... Arslan Senki and Angel Sanctuary. Is it one of the two? If it's Angel Sanctuary, pick someone we don't have and join our group! We want a full cast!

> But I will of course respond to Ilpalazzo at the con. XD

If any of us can pronounce it LOL.

> Think anybody will try to glomp me as Ashram, or is it just me who has a fascination with sexy dark-haired villains?

Count me in... I lust after Ashram. ^___^ Although you might look a little too impressive to be glompable...

Ayaka
08-26-2002, 12:36 PM
> Now my brain is going in two directions... Arslan Senki and Angel Sanctuary. Is it one of the two? If it's Angel Sanctuary, pick someone we don't have and join our group! We want a full cast!

Gah, gomen. I did it again! Angel Sanctuary, since you know I'm gonna have an AS (Arslan Senki) costume. Besides, for the record, I always shorten Arslan Senki just to Arslan. ^^ Hmm, who have you got?

> If any of us can pronounce it LOL.

EEL-PAH-LAHT-ZO. I think. lol ^^

> Count me in... I lust after Ashram. ^___^ Although you might look a little too impressive to be glompable...

I fancy the more enthusiatic will glomp me anyway, lol. I have to make sure my armor will withstand glompings! The ultimate test of craftsmanship and durability in cosplay - can it survive the fangirl glomplage?

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 01:18 PM
> Hmm, who have you got?

Er... ack... >__<
Anyone you like and then I can check if we have it or not?

> EEL-PAH-LAHT-ZO. I think. lol ^^

I won't remember this... would "Hey you!" do? LOL
(kidding)

> The ultimate test of craftsmanship and durability in cosplay - can it survive the fangirl glomplage?

Wow I never thought about it but it makes sense... luckily Seed wasn't Zoisite and I got no one attaching themselves to my ankles because I don't think the platemail would have held.

Since Ashram's plate is in prime glomping real estate you have to be careful!

khamryn
08-26-2002, 04:43 PM
>Then I will do it... just choose a warm con so I won't freeze my bottom off... a little bit of draped white fabric insn't the best way to stay warm. And if I do end up doing it, it will be my skimpiest costume ever... And by a long shot. O_O

Okay. ^_^ Maybe I should do Lucifel at AX and Lucifer at Otakon (minus wings, dunno how to get them safely there and back via plane... o.o)

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 05:22 PM
> dunno how to get them safely there and back via plane...

I'll give you packing instructions, my wings made it all over the US a dozen times. ^___^ As long as you can move all four of them together you're ok.

Ayaka
08-26-2002, 07:28 PM
> Er... ack... >__<
Anyone you like and then I can check if we have it or not?

Well I'm not super far into the series . . . stuck with fan translations, not known for being the fastest things on the planet, lol. But, I was wondering, is it out in a French release? I know that a number of manga are . . . And the translation I have has a tendency to use French-type sound fx and asst. muttering noises (like "euh" lol).

> I won't remember this... would "Hey you!" do? LOL
(kidding)

Yes, actually. ^^ lol

> Wow I never thought about it but it makes sense... luckily Seed wasn't Zoisite and I got no one attaching themselves to my ankles because I don't think the platemail would have held.

Remind me to bug you about how you did those . . . though I'm likely doing Ashram's leg armor out of plastic buckets. (Hey, it sounds workable to me.)

khamryn
08-26-2002, 07:34 PM
>I'll give you packing instructions, my wings made it all over the US a dozen times. ^___^ As long as you can move all four of them together you're ok.

Okay. ^_^ I'll bug you at a later date then. ::Cheesy grin.:: That may make things a little easier cost-wise for stuff (not doing both outfits at once.)

jen_kat
08-28-2002, 12:36 AM
As of now....

1) Souma Kagura (Fruits Basket) - we just need Akito, Hatori, Ritsu, Rin, most of the newly introed characters in vol. 9, and most of the secondary characters for our cosplay group... we've got about 12 people so far

2) Seno Alice (Alice 19th) - I wanna get a group going, but I need basically everyone else... (Kyou, Mayura, Frey, etc...):thumbsup:

3) someone from Angel Sanctuary

Rosiel- are any of these taken: Kirie, Kurai, Voice, or Noise? If not, could I do one? Also, let me know if you need any help... Kimiko said she'd probably have stuff for me to do as well.

Okita Souji
08-28-2002, 02:15 AM
I hope I can make AX2003 since it'll back back at the Hilton. But, if I join the Air Force Reserve, I'll have to skip out on a lot of cons next year. I'll still go once i'm free!

RainbowSheltie
08-28-2002, 02:47 AM
Well, I CAN tell what I will most likely be wearing at Anime-Expo if I can go: Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII, Yuna from Final Fantasy X, Zidane from Final Fantasy IX and Nataku from Gensomaden Saiyuki. Any questions?

Pooka
08-28-2002, 04:03 AM
*sighs*

Rosiel
08-28-2002, 11:05 AM
>Rosiel- are any of these taken:

> Kirie

No, and having a Kirie would rock! But of course I am /highly/ biased... ;)

> Kurai

Yes. I think ShadraD will bring hers. Actually I hope so her wings rocked.

> Voice

If Myumyu wants to join us again with her costume, yes.

> Noise?

If Blade does come this year and still want to be part of the group, yes.

> Kimiko said she'd probably have stuff for me to do as well.

Help? *perks up* I'm always in need of help! LOL
I'm SO excited about this!

jen_kat
08-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Well, I guess that leaves me with Kirie, doesn't it? :p
I think I'd better avoid getting too much sun from now until AX... I'm kinda dark right now...:thumbsup:

.... um, with wings or without wings? 'Cause if it's with wings.... I'm gonna need major help since I've never made wings before. :thumbsup:

Rosiel
08-28-2002, 03:24 PM
> .... um, with wings or without wings? 'Cause if it's with wings.... I'm gonna need major help since I've never made wings before.

Hmm... with wings would be cooler... and you don't have to be schoolgirl Kirie, there is also her assassin gear...

And you can buy white wings (and pretty cheap too) at costume stores if you don't want to make them.

Kimiko
08-28-2002, 06:17 PM
Wooooo!!! WINGS!!! ::Laughs:: Rosiel, I am here!

Uhmm.... Me? I'm going to find some sort of Sara Costume to do.... ::blink:: that's soooo far away!!! Tooo much to do for NDK!! I'l get back to you on mine ::laughs again::

Kirie!! Yaaaaayyyy!!!! ::dances::

Kimiko

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 09:45 AM
> ::Laughs:: Rosiel, I am here!

LOL

Do we have a running list of what characters are taken?
We should start now before we lose track... LOL I can't seem to figure out who is doing what...

> that's soooo far away!!!

You bet, although I already have two costumes planned for that con already. O_O People are thinking about it early this time around.

jen_kat
08-29-2002, 08:58 PM
>Hmm... with wings would be cooler... and you don't have to be schoolgirl Kirie, there is also her assassin gear...

Yea... I think I'll go with the costume store wings... Kirie's assassin gear looks major cool.. to bad there's only one or so pages in the manga that show it... must examine more...

Which material do I use... pleather or vinyl??

>Do we have a running list of what characters are taken?
We should start now before we lose track... LOL I can't seem to figure out who is doing what...

... I kinda made a list... I was kinda in zombie mode... -_-
I went through some threads and picked out what I thought might apply-

Khamryn-Lucifer
Rosiel-Rosiel
ling-Michael
Kimiko-Sara
jen-kat -Kirie

Then the maybes-

Shadra D-Kurai
MyuMyu-Voice
Blade-Noise

I'm not really sure about this list... I'm probably wrong in some places...

::slumps over keyboard... back is dying a slow, tortured death...::

jen_kat
08-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... I'm gonna do one more cosplay....

4) Yami Yugi ^_^

I love the show.... and Yami Yugi's my favorite character. :D

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 10:03 PM
> Which material do I use... pleather or vinyl??

Vinyl! Shinier. ^____^

You're missing Uriel_Sama as Sevothart and her nephew as Metatron!

And yes the assassin gear would ROCK. I'd pattern the top off of Katan's for the details and add a short shirt and thigh-high boot covers.

tydawgsd
08-31-2002, 07:04 PM
I am working on a Maho (cat from .hack//sign)
Just have to figure out how to do the freaking head, that is taking me forever. My friends and I also have a Kurim, Tsukasa,
Sora (tenative) Mimiru(tenative) coming along.

Cait
09-05-2002, 08:19 PM
Me definatly:

Princess/Duchess Marlene Erisha Aston (http://www.ficticious.net/cait/cos01.jpg) - Escaflowne - This is my year long project. It will be perfect. I have a volunteer for an Allen, now all she has to do is get back from Japan so I can make the costume for her. Vaguely considering making and Allen plushie if I can't get her costume together in time. Also considering carying around a baby doll in the colors of the Duchy of Freid, but I don't think anybody would get it.

Me maybe:

Dead Eryia (http://www.ficticious.net/cait/cos02.jpg) - Escaflowne - You know... the one with the red leather dress glomping Folken! Big maybe as I'd have to be tan for this (really not up for that volume of body paint), but Marlene would be pale. Very pale.

Wedding Action Yuna (http://www.ficticious.net/cait/cos03.jpg) - FFX - Desperatly want to, but it's been done a million times better than I can even dream.

Young ChiChi (http://www.ficticious.net/cait/cos04.jpg) - DBZ - I roleplay this one so much I'm just tempted. *huggles her children*

Kowaru (http://www.ficticious.net/cait/cos05.jpg) - Evangelion - This one I will only cosplay if I can manage to go on a shopping spree with one of my friends so that our uniforms match.. that and when I can afford to make make three Eva girl's uniforms for three girls of different body types and sizes. See, after watching Death and Rebirth the musicians in my anime gang decided that bringing a street performing/skit performing quartet dressed as the Eva quartet to a con would be three shades of cool. I don't know.

My companions:

I know that the current plans for several of my friends include Rosiel, Aziluth Uniform (AS), JunJun (Sailor Moon SuperS), San (Princess Mononoke), Dilandau (Esca TV) and an acompaning Celena. I'm making a friend of making Varie Fanel's Faneila wear for another friend. Two kids are currently vaguely debating over Sora (Esca movie). Might be a Katan. Might be an Allen.

pakachu420
09-06-2002, 02:13 AM
hm... i only saw AS once at AX2001 and didnt quite understand it. course my friends didnt help by yelling stuff the whole time(yeah those were my friends )

imma half to see that again sometime

but jus for fun me and some of my (other) friends are gonna try to do a tetris thing for the masqerade
l l l
[^_^]

Rosiel
09-06-2002, 08:56 AM
> hm... i only saw AS once at AX2001 and didnt quite understand it.

You need to read the manga... the anime makes little sense if you don't read the manga...

Caith -> AS costumes? If you guys do characters we don't have, you're welcome to come join us for our attempt at a bigger cast than last year!

I'm still debating whether or not I want to bring my Dragonslayer to AX, it's so hot there and Michel is worse than my Atziluth uniform...

I'm also debating which Rosiel I will wear again, or which one I will make. I'm seriously thinking of the fully degenerate version from the last manga because, well, he isn't wearing much of anything and I would be comfortable that way. Although... body paint... >__< this also depends on whether Kham will be Lucifel or Lucifer.

So at the moment the only one that I am sure of is Suiko3 Yuber and, well, some sort of Rosiel. I want to wear my costumes more than one day, though, changing every single day this year was annoying since people came up to me asking about the costume of the day before. LOL.

MugenH
09-06-2002, 12:59 PM
>I'm still debating whether or not I want to bring my Dragonslayer to AX, it's so hot there and Michel is worse than my Atziluth uniform...

DEBATING!?

What's there to debate!?

Toodle-Pip
MugenH.

Rosiel
09-06-2002, 01:20 PM
> What's there to debate!?

Whether or not I will survive. ^_________^
I want to bring it but I thought about Otakon (I nearly passed out wearing it) and I started to doubt...

MugenH
09-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Well then, that's an easy debate to end:

Of course you won't survive. ^__-

Isn't Heat Exhaustion and Fainting a part of every convention? Certainly, that's been my experience. I thought cosplaying was the japanese word for uncomfortable.

Or maybe you're just implying that I'm tougher than you. ^_^

Toodle-Pip
MugenH.

AngelJibrille
09-06-2002, 03:32 PM
The nice thing is that AX will be almost entirely in the Hilton and the Anaheim Convention center this year. For those of you who haven't been to an AX in Anaheim, it's MUCH better than Long Beach. As a staffer (and even as a fan), I -hated- Long Beach. I was working 20 hours a day, and that was mostly because I had to run like hell from the Hyatt -> Terrace Theater -> Renaissance -> Westin and back again. I swear I got enough exercise to last me a lifetime. I can't even imagine how difficult it was for those who were actually in costume; having to run about in heavy gear in that heat must have been horrible. At AX2003, you can put on your costume and pretty much stay in the Hilton at all times, I am 99% sure even the Masquerade is going to be in the Hilton (I still don't have a room for it yet). Also, the Anaheim Convention center is literally right behind the hotel, so you won't be running long distances. That means you can wear a hot costume, and yet still be able to enjoy the Hilton & ACC air-conditioning almost the entire time ^_^. I hope that encourages you to perhaps bring out some of these great costumes for Anaheim that may have been impossible (or just uncomfortable) at Long Beach.

Take care,
Marisa

(edited because I meant to say Hilton & Anaheim Convention Center, not the Hyatt... ^_^; Hyatt was Long Beach Convention Center)

pakachu420
09-06-2002, 06:52 PM
oh good...hahaha i almost felt bad watching all those gundums walking around(or trying to) at AX2002

but one bad thing about it being at anaheim...ive never been there before so i have no idea where to meet my friends!!

i need a cell phone...(-_-#)

Ayaka
09-06-2002, 08:13 PM
Marisa - I am SO happy that things will be closer together next year. I wasn't even wearing exceptionally hot/awkward costumes, and I was miserable running back and forth!

Rosiel - Have you considered slipping some chemical cold packs in, say, the small of your back under your costume? I'm probably going to be doing that at AX, even WITH air conditioning full body (almost) armor is going to be super-uncomfy . . .

Admin
09-07-2002, 01:00 AM
We're considering throwing either a cosplay.com members-only party (for up to 100 people) or a general admission costume-only party on one of the open nights.

jen_kat
09-07-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by AngelJibrille
The nice thing is that AX will be almost entirely in the Hyatt and the Anaheim Convention center this year.

You meant the Hilton, not the Hyatt, right? 'Cause you wrote Hilton the rest of the post. I'm also making sure, though I know that the hotel is indeed the Hilton that is next to the Anaheim Convention Center. My anal-retentive persona is surfacing... god help me....:thumbsup:

Kusanagi
09-07-2002, 01:08 PM
IDEA!!!

Since this is going to be at Anaheim, how about a couple of us go up a day early and go to Disneyland in a costume?

pakachu420
09-07-2002, 01:41 PM
>you need to read the manga...

ahhhh...ok. hmm now i need to go find the manga. oh boy, e-bay here i come!!!!

Rosiel
09-09-2002, 10:30 AM
> I wasn't even wearing exceptionally hot/awkward costumes, and I was miserable running back and forth!

I was wearing hot AND awkward costumes this year and I was miserable. LOL It was so tiring I went to bed EARLY every night and could not even muster up the courage to go to the con on Sunday. ^___^

> slipping some chemical cold packs in, say, the small of your back under your costume?

Oooh what a good idea... maybe this would make Michel possible after all.. >__> Portable A/C! LOL

AngelJibrille
09-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Yup, Hilton. My bad. I fixed my original post too. :)

Originally posted by jen_kat

You meant the Hilton, not the Hyatt, right? 'Cause you wrote Hilton the rest of the post. I'm also making sure, though I know that the hotel is indeed the Hilton that is next to the Anaheim Convention Center. My anal-retentive persona is surfacing... god help me....:thumbsup:

AngelJibrille
09-10-2002, 06:46 PM
If I remember correctly (and I may not, it -was- 2 years ago ^_^;;; ), Disneyland doesn't allow anyone to enter the park in costume if it isn't one of -their- costumes (i.e., a Disney series). *misa rolls her eyes* Disney allowed us to wear costumes at the hotel (for the convention) but they made it very clear that "no costumers be allowed in the Disneyland park."

That may have been changed by now, but I remember a few really irritated cosplayers telling me they couldn't get into Disneyland in costume :( I'm guessing it's still in effect.

take care,
misa

Originally posted by Kusanagi
IDEA!!!

Since this is going to be at Anaheim, how about a couple of us go up a day early and go to Disneyland in a costume?

khamryn
09-10-2002, 11:03 PM
Maybe we should annoy them and congregate out front. ^_^ hehe. ::Feeling rebellious.::

Ina
09-11-2002, 06:12 PM
> Maybe we should annoy them and congregate out front. ^_^ hehe. ::Feeling rebellious.::

i could imagine that!

hmm, it's a bit early to plan what costumes to make for AX03, but i think i might have one or two original costumes, another chii, and a selphie costume. it'll soon change of course ^^;;

Kusanagi
09-15-2002, 02:00 PM
Definantly the Transformed Kusanagi.

Possibilities: (Definantly going as a few of these, so called "casual" costumes)

Gene Starwind

Spike Speigel

Shinji's plugsuit

Perfect Cell

(Masquerade) Dragoon Armor mk 2.

Nietsche
09-15-2002, 02:22 PM
How about seeing if Kingdom Hearts cosplayers are allowed into the park?

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 10:24 AM
> How about seeing if Kingdom Hearts cosplayers are allowed into the park?

I had the sudden urge to make a Sleeping Beauty outfit this weekend, but I managed to get it under control. LOL.

(And the dress is MUCH better in blue!)

Whee! Off-topic!

khamryn
09-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Rosiel- How odd.. I had that sudden urge too. XD Even watched it yesterday.. but I know what started mine. :x working in joann's means all the lil kids around halloween wanting to do Disney costumes.. and this -adorable- lil girl was gonna do sleeping beauty. ^_^

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 10:44 AM
> Even watched it yesterday..

Me too! Hence the urge! LOL.
(Great minds think alike)

I guess part of what made me think of it is that I have the perfect hair for Aurora... but I hate making dresses so I had to squash that inspiration in the bud!

And where could I wear a Disney princess dress anyway?
The office formal Xmas party? LOL Now that would be a sight.

khamryn
09-16-2002, 10:49 AM
>Me too! Hence the urge! LOL.
>(Great minds think alike)

lol! ::high five::

>I guess part of what made me think of it is that I have the >perfect hair for Aurora... but I hate making dresses so I had to >squash that inspiration in the bud!

Ahh... you do have good hair for her. XD

>And where could I wear a Disney princess dress anyway?
>The office formal Xmas party? LOL Now that would be a sight.

lol. ^_^ I'm sure you could do it. Hehe. :D

peegchica
09-17-2002, 12:23 AM
For AX 2003 I'm cosplaying as:

Fuu from MKR (again)

Shigure from Fruits Basket

A harry Potter character ( don't ask, my friends and i are geeks)

I'm cosplaying with Jen-kat, we still need a Hatori,Rin, Ritsu and Akito 0-0

pakachu420
09-17-2002, 02:12 AM
>A harry Potter character ( don't ask, my friends and i are geeks)

ok...no insult intended but what does harry potter have to do with anime?!?!

i saw about 5 harry potter characters at AX this year and my friends and i just couldnt figure it out!

almost as bad as the Star Wars people.

ChenCzen
09-17-2002, 05:41 PM
harry potter has a few videogames... so if videogame characters are a normal thing at cons, then lettem be. slytherin pride!

Yggdrasil Pie
09-17-2002, 06:05 PM
*cries* Harry potter...he scares me... T_T
*hides*

Celine
09-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
(And the dress is MUCH better in blue!)

Noooo!!! Pink!!! Ho ho ho! I love that movie. ^_^

As for Harry Potter, we've discussed non-anime cosplay before. Basically, there's no dress code, so why worry about whatever people want to wear? Besides anime characters, we have video game, manga, original, scifi/fantasy, etc. characters. It doesn't have to have anything to do with anime. Having fun as a character you love is all that matters!

RainbowSheltie
09-17-2002, 09:55 PM
I'll be TWO things if I get to go.
1) Nikki from Chrono Cross
2) Nataku from Gensomaden Saiyuki
Anybody like Nataku?

Farfarello
09-19-2002, 07:12 PM
I will be going as *Drumrool*
Farfarello- Weiss Kreuz
Kira- Angel Sanctuary (That's a big maybe on that one)

pakachu420
09-21-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by ChenCzen
harry potter has a few videogames... so if videogame characters are a normal thing at cons, then lettem be. slytherin pride!

yeah ok i guess thats true.
but harry potter still scares the bejezuz outta me but ok.

i still prefer "harry's a pot head and the sorcerers stoned"

Maryssa
09-21-2002, 04:56 PM
yeah same thing with Invader Zim... its not anime... yet people cosplay from it. i have my own personal rants about stuff like this -_-

Adella
09-22-2002, 12:45 PM
haha Harry Potter owns. I so need to cosplay it just to put it on my website, and maybe wear it to comic con.

kelldar
09-22-2002, 01:42 PM
hee, I did hermione at dragoncon, but I never even thought of wearing it to an anime con oO;
anyway, thus far I am definitely planning morrigan and princess peach, with my friend as bb hood and toad. I'm so excited ^_^ I haven't been to CA since I was 8 ^_^

Cait
09-22-2002, 08:06 PM
Harry Potter.. yes, it's a game.. but it's not a Japanese game! Lots of those game characters are from things brought here from overseas, yo. Even Star Wars is a manga.... I really don't like the idea of HP cosplayers at anime conventions....

ChenCzen
09-22-2002, 08:42 PM
in that case ill have to look into getting myself a hp costume! im a slytherin, pureblood, a deatheater, and my broom of choice is the cleansweep seven (speed isnt as important as maneuverability, as i prove everytime i step on the quidditch field with my 7. outdated?! ha!)

RX 03
09-23-2002, 06:35 AM
I saw saw some HP cosplayers at AX02.

Planned:

Naruto (%100 shure)
Hikaru (%80)
Miroku (again)
Sora from Kingdom Hearts (Still thinking about it)

Farfarello
09-23-2002, 02:06 PM
Harry Potter? (Runs screaming for the hills)

Foxwolfe
09-24-2002, 05:50 AM
Whats a hairy potter?

Farfarello
09-25-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Foxwolfe
Whats a hairy potter?

Hehehe, bad humor bad :hafha:

RX 03
09-25-2002, 05:30 PM
Foxwolfe is here?

interesting... *toothy*

Shadow Lady
09-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Before I think to deeply about what I'm going to cosplay as at Anime Expo I need to make sure I'm going. I need a job to get the money to fly out there and I still need my parents permission (I'll be 17 by then and I'll be going with friends).

If I do go these are possibilites.

R. Dorothy from The Big O (if I fix the costume)
Hakkai from Gensomaden Saiyuki reload (new manga:) )
Dominique the Cyclops from Trigun (if I'm still making the costume for Halloween)
Xellos from Slayers (this year if I have lots of free time, next year if I don't have enough time)

I'm pretty sure I'll go as Hakkai. If I don't some of my friends will kill me:(. *hides from RainbowSheltie*

Wandering Otaku
09-29-2002, 12:48 AM
Hrml well the big thing I plan to do is Spark from Record of Lodoss. That will be the only one I am working on until that time, unless I finish it early then I will try and fit in another.

1) Himura Kenshin (definately)
2) Spark
3) Citan Uzuki
4) Tamahome (I may do the evil mind controlled version if I find the time to make it aside from Spark)
5) Hitokiri Battousai (if i feel like it)

those are the costumes, but AX 03 is a bit away ^_^x;;

Foxwolfe
09-29-2002, 05:39 AM
Does that mean you'll be willing to be part of our RoLW group we got going over at the AX board?

Famira Damaris
09-29-2002, 09:37 AM
Erm, can't remember if I posted already <== Too lazy to go check

I'm probably going to cosplay as

1). Camille Vidan (Zeta Gundam)

2). Mirai Yashima (Mobile Suit Gundam)

3) Ken Ichijouji (Digimon 02)

I think. *shifty eyes*

Ayaka
09-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Shadow Lady - Prepare to be glomped as Hakkai. ^^ Um, I try to keep up with this stuff, but is there a redesign of the characters for Reload? (FYI, I have the coolest shitajiki EVER and it's from that. ^^)

And yes, Wandering Otaku, if you want to do a RoLW group, now is the time to tell us~!

Wandering Otaku
09-29-2002, 11:12 PM
Hmm okay I was not planning on going over to that board for some time ((too many people, i hate boards like that. would not be here if it did not have such a friendly environment)) I will go there after I check a few more posts here and present myself.

Foxwolfe
09-30-2002, 07:14 AM
Whoever said theres too many people there, especially right now during the slow season for that board, theres like 10 regular posters. And as far as size is concered theres 1500 people registered there, and like 1100 here, so not that big a diff.

Farfarello
09-30-2002, 02:44 PM
Yeah, i go over to AX boards all the time... and everyone's really cool there.

Wandering Otaku
10-01-2002, 12:10 AM
it is more of the atmosphere. I see a lot of crap I do not like there that i do not see here at all.

Foxwolfe
10-01-2002, 01:37 AM
Like what?

dianannsano
10-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Hmmm....getting back on topic... I think I would go as....:

1.) Nakoruru from Samurai Showdown (Just because she's really, really pretty, not because I like the series or anything)
2.) Azumi from Real Bout High School

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

Frozen Emotion
10-04-2002, 08:03 PM
I'm going as
1) Orla(Oruha...I've seen so many different spellings @_@) from Clover (definately!..be prepared to watch out for my wings >_>!)
2. Lulu(again! meheh! unless I get better costumes done)
3.Yumi(In Club Pleasure Uniform) from Chobits
4. Fuuko from Flame of Recca
(Fujin!)
I also want to be Buranshe and/or Shirahime from Angelic Layer. So little time @_@!

pakachu420
10-07-2002, 03:41 PM
YEA!!!! NEW COSTUME(besides tetris piece)

I WANNA BE THE NO-FACE FROM SPIRITED AWAY!!!
(or the little mouse baby kinda hippo thing ^_^::)

Maryssa
10-07-2002, 04:49 PM
I know I'd probably change everything if I decided now... though I am trying to convince my girls to come to the con so we can be Unison ^^ And I suppose I'll probably bring Terra once I perfect it some more...

damn this auto email notification box!

Famira Damaris
10-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Ugh, not too sure. I might be doing

Jyou Kido (Digimon 02)
Ken Ichijouji (Digimon 02)
Camille Vidan (Zeta Gundam)
Mirai Yashima (Mobile Suit Gundam)* Depends if I just let my sister borrow the costume.,
Blue Hoi Brother (Digimon 02) *Not sure about this one either. xX!

Psychotic Jei
10-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Whee. Okie here we go

Definates:
Kilik (2P version from Soul Calibur 2)
Irvine (FFVIII -complete-)
Tsuzuki Asato (Yami no Matsuei -complete-)

Possibles
Kiros (FFVIII)
Raver Takeru (Digimon 02 w/ twist >D )
Lucifel (Angel Sanctuary. Yellow snake version)
Uriel (Angel Sacntuary.)
Wakka (Kingdom Hearts)
Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh)

katchoo
10-09-2002, 01:36 AM
Okay here's my list of costumes:

Definite:
Dark Chii
Yuna X-2
Paradise Kiss inspired outfit

Possible:
Moogle
Tinkerbell
Chun Li
Gothic Lolita inspired outfit

cynicallywired
10-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Iono, this is going to be my first time cosplaying. I'm planning on making a Kotoko (Chobits) costume. I'm still trying to get my other friends to be the Chiis. We have Sumomo and Yuzuki but Chii... ~__~

Mink
10-23-2002, 02:01 AM
Oh boy dont get me started:

Asuka: Plug suit and Yellow dress
Yukino (Kare Kano)
Ling Xaiou (Tekken 3)
Eria (Escaflowne)
Nima Kiragoi (Perfect Blue)
Good Excel

Thats just the tentative list. I have a list of cotstumes I want to make on my computer for the next year (Im going to three cons) And dont even get me started on other costumes Im making. Lets just say even thought I dont have a con for 8 months, Im already shopping for the perfect yellow and pink satin.

Mandy Mitchell
10-23-2002, 09:24 PM
This is just my tentative schedule for AX2003:

Thursday-Seiya Kou from Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Friday and Saturday-Lulu from Final Fantasy X

I'm not sure what I'm doing for Sunday. I'm debating about going to Disneyland with my friends. I might bring Charmy from DDR 4th mix. If I finish Athena from KOF, I might squeeze her in on Friday.

Maryssa
10-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Oh mandy i cant wait to see you as lulu! I'm sure you're gonna look HOT =D

I still wish i could get a big Chrono Cross group for AX ;-;

Rosiel
10-25-2002, 09:47 AM
> I still wish i could get a big Chrono Cross group for AX ;-;

I've been meaning to make a Glenn for the longest time... but it never panned out. You really should try to get a CC group together!

xdeletex
10-25-2002, 11:49 AM
I'll be going to AX for the first time this year. I am way excited.

I'll be doing:

Rei Ayanami (plugsuit)
Spike Spiegal
and probably just Rei again.

-shrug-

ReiChan
10-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Here's my list...

Definite: Faye Valentine (opera outfit from episode 5)

Possible: Hatsuharu (Fruits Basket), White Mage (FF or 8-Bit Theater, take your pick), Folken Fanel (movie version)....these are just ideas and most likely won't get made. But you never know.

I kinda want to wear the Lulu outift I made last year but only got to wear for the SDCC masquerade, but now that everyone and their mother has a Lulu outfit, I'm not sure. ;_;

lemoned
10-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by pakachu420
YEA!!!! NEW COSTUME(besides tetris piece)

I WANNA BE THE NO-FACE FROM SPIRITED AWAY!!!
(or the little mouse baby kinda hippo thing ^_^::)

Faceless = Kao -nashi The one that ate everything, ne? ^^;

fat mouse = Buu (Yubaaba's grandson) ^^;;; Buu is that giant baby. o_o;

I'd actually like to cosplay Haku.. ._.;; but I dunno if I would be recognized since I can't turn into a big white dragon. o_o!

Anyways... My costumes. :B

Kisou Toshiya ( Dir en grey )
Hinoto ( X )
Sesshoumaru ( Inu Yasha )
Missa Toshiya ( Dir en grey )
Myaku Kyo (Dir en grey )
and hide in his orange and green camo from the psyence a go go tour. ^^;;;

Maybe Akura no Oka Kaoru.. but I think I'll just take that one to Fanime.

Kinako
10-25-2002, 07:36 PM
At AX 2003 I will be 3 characters:

Cloud Strife (Hero in Final Fantasy VII)
Zack (Co-Character in Final Fantasy VII)
Kingdom Hearts Zack (My own creation; exclusive AX '03 Costume)

Frozen Emotion
10-26-2002, 03:24 AM
last year was Yuna and Chii invasion..this year it will be Lulu invasion! muahahahaha! I don't think i'll be bringing my Lulu costume to AX. No room and I got new stuff..wee hee! I can't wait ti see how everyones costumes turn out.

pakachu420
10-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lemoned
Faceless = Kao -nashi The one that ate everything, ne? ^^;

fat mouse = Buu (Yubaaba's grandson) ^^;;; Buu is that giant baby. o_o;

I'd actually like to cosplay Haku.. ._.;; but I dunno if I would be recognized since I can't turn into a big white dragon. o_o!

^^;
um...i knew that...
j/k
thanx i couldnt think of the names for some reason(brain fart@_@)

haku would be a pretty cool costume. i'm trying to talk my friend into being Chihiro

Michi
10-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Yes! Chrono Cross! Mwah!!

I have no idea what I'm doing for AX. CC, HikaGo, Shaman King.. whatever. o.O

lemoned
10-27-2002, 12:06 AM
lol no problem.. :X Spirited Away has because one of my new obsessions. :X It's just like.. "O_O!!!!!! -worship-"

Michi
10-27-2002, 01:12 AM
My friends and I saw Spirited Away the other night.. and came out of the theater wanting to do a big cosplay group from it.

Fanime though, maybe. XD

lemoned
10-27-2002, 01:47 AM
what's the dubbed like? I mean, that is what they're showing in the theaters, right? ^^;;; I got to see the japanese version from my teacher.. :x

dood... I love the little black fuzzies. :B I'm going to make a bunch and hang them from my ceiling.

Michi
10-27-2002, 03:00 AM
I thought the dub was good. It had big actors from other Disney stuff. I need to pick up the Japanese version from Japantown sometime.. o_x;

They're the soot thingies from Totoro!! Bwehehe. :D

lemoned
10-27-2002, 12:22 PM
I know XD They're soooo kyoot >B!!!! I think little fuzzies is a cuter name than soot... so that's what I call them. :X

-points- seee? I have a little fuzzie on my totoro plushie. XD

psythe
11-06-2002, 07:33 AM
Chloe from Noir

Dates?? Does anyone have the dates for AX?? plzzz. ^^

Celine
11-06-2002, 10:27 AM
>Does anyone have the dates for AX??

When in doubt, check the website (http://www.anime-expo.org/)! July 3rd-6th, 2003.

psythe
11-06-2002, 07:28 PM
Arigatou Celine!

pakachu420
11-11-2002, 11:53 PM
i saw "Spirited Away" dubbed and in japanese.

Japanese version was way better(duh..)
but the dub wasnt bad.

hmmm...
wonder if i could make a giant soot ball(fuzzie^^) costume.

ElfEater
11-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Dust Bunnies! I think thats what they called the soot balls in Totoro. ^_^
You gotta walk around and do that little finger break thing like they did in the movie.. that was so cute!

Michi
11-17-2002, 01:01 AM
Haha, yes! With the mouse~~ That was the cutest. Maaan I wanna watch it again.

Kosei
11-18-2002, 11:32 AM
First: .HACK//sign for competiotion---> they stuck me with Mimiru.
Second... I havent decided yet. Either Shiva from final fantasy or maybe Lum.

Luna
11-28-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by WaterEmperess
Waiii....Gotta edit this... ¬¬

1. Nakoruru Bust from Samurai Shodown
2. Ayame from Suikoden 3
3. Ayame from Fruits Basket
4. Raiha from Flame of Recca

I don't think I can finish this much..... @_@

How neat! WaterEmpress! I wanted to do Ayame too, but changed my mind and thinking of doing Ritsu from Fruits Basket instead, in his girl kimono. See if I can pull this one off....bleh, maybe more people will cosplay as FB and we can all get together! :-)

Famira Damaris
12-02-2002, 09:46 AM
Wah...I changed some of my ideas for costumes I wanna do...

I wanna do:

1). Camille Vidan (Zeta Gundam)
2). Haku (Spirited Away) XD! SQUEE!
3). Kouji Minamomto (Digimon Frontier)
4). Jyou Kido (Digimon 02)
5). Tseng (FF7) ~tentative~

psythe
12-02-2002, 09:55 AM
Updated List:

1: Chloe (Noir)
2: Ramsus (Xenogears)
3: Reno (FF7)

katchoo
12-02-2002, 10:07 AM
I'm going to do:

1) Yuna X-2
2) Yun
3) Dark Chii
4) Mew Mint
5) gothic lolita outfit
6) Caroline from Paradise Kiss for Mini Masq.

tamahomegurl
12-15-2002, 02:48 AM
hmmmm...i think i'm gonna be going either 2 days or all 4 days depending on my yucky work schedule....

i'm planning on taking:

*my improved kairi
*my tinkerbell (hehheheh)
*tohru honda
*leon kennedy (RE4)
*vash
*yuna x-2 (there will be like 10000s of these but i don't care)

DHB
12-15-2002, 03:14 AM
As I planned:

- Squall (FF8)
- Zidane (FF9)

Hardest for me will be to get the plane ticket for the US. Wish me good luck!

Eurobeat King
12-15-2002, 02:25 PM
I'll be there for all 4 days, well.. actually 6 days: ( pre-reg. Wednesday, 4 days of AX, and then one day of D-land afterwards)

Costume-list:

1. Shinji w/ Pen-Pen
2. Trowa (tv series) w/ Heavy Arms Weapons
3. Trowa (Endless Waltz (boyscout)) w/ Heavy Arms Weapons
4. Saitou
5. Jann Lee
6. Kenshiro
7. Ryosuke w/ RX-7 FC3S ;)

DHB
12-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Seven costumes? Woo!

I thought that the lousy two would be enough for me...

tamahomegurl
12-15-2002, 03:31 PM
WOW~!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE RYOSUKE!!!! ^__^ AND KEISUKE!!!! DAMN....I LOVE THEM AND THEIR SHINEY, SLEEK, SEXY RX-7S!!!!!!!!!!Yay!!!

hope to see you there, takahashi-sama!!! *winks*

Yggdrasil Pie
12-15-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by tamahomegurl
hmmmm...i think i'm gonna be going either 2 days or all 4 days depending on my yucky work schedule....

i'm planning on taking:

*my improved kairi
*my tinkerbell (hehheheh)
*tohru honda
*leon kennedy (RE4)
*vash
*yuna x-2 (there will be like 10000s of these but i don't care)

Weee! Tohru!! I'm going to bring a little Fruits Basket Group with me...maybe we can take some pictures or something! XD No one in our group wants to be Tohru...so sad...*tears*

jen_kat
12-15-2002, 10:37 PM
^^;;; My friends and I are also doing a FB group... can't quite remember how big it is now... about 10 maybe?? I'm going as Kagura... I like cats ^^ (among other animals). We've got a Tohru too. I think it would be cool to take pictures... ( ha ha... idea coming - if there were a lot of Tohrus in the area, and one Yuki or one Kyo.. someone could do a picture of them having a mental moment.... you know, they can only think of Tohru, that sort of thing) But anyways... I think I digress...

Recca-kun
12-16-2002, 04:26 AM
I can bring Kyou if you like.

Other than that I will be doing Raziel in some outfit (undecided yet), and if some that were planned for Otakon are ready in time I can bring them. Older costumes are possible as well.

Studmaster
12-16-2002, 06:05 AM
Well, since I am planning to hit Anime Expo now. I guess I'll need some costumes for the floor, since I won't enter the masqurade.

Thursday: I may go plain clothes.
Friday: Marco Rodreguiez from Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Saturday: A charcter from Rage of the Dragons.

Sunday: Almost definetly plain clothing.

Alaria
12-16-2002, 06:11 AM
studmaster:> ur not bringing ur Time Mage with u?
Eurobeat king:> Yes! someone is doing alot of costumes too, I'm not (that) crazy!!
1) refurbished Lulu
2) Edea
3) Maleficent
4) Celes in her opera dress(FFVI)
5) Miang (Xenogears)
6) Wallmarket Tifa
7) ??? Whatever I need for my 3rd karaoke costume. Haven't decided yet

Studmaster
12-16-2002, 06:38 AM
I'll bring the Time Mage with me, if there are enough requests for it. ^_^

Ayaka
12-16-2002, 02:11 PM
Wah, Alaria, you're bringing a Celes? Heh, I guess I may need to (finish and) bring my Locke then. ^^

Yggdrasil Pie
12-16-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jen_kat
^^;;; My friends and I are also doing a FB group... can't quite remember how big it is now... about 10 maybe?? I'm going as Kagura... I like cats ^^ (among other animals). We've got a Tohru too. I think it would be cool to take pictures... ( ha ha... idea coming - if there were a lot of Tohrus in the area, and one Yuki or one Kyo.. someone could do a picture of them having a mental moment.... you know, they can only think of Tohru, that sort of thing) But anyways... I think I digress...

Yess!! That would be so fun! Hehe, My group is so small compared to yours...mine is like...5 people. Many Many fun picture ideas and stuff! Imagine...what if there were 2 Kagura's fighting over one Kyo? His worse nightmare...XD

Alaria
12-16-2002, 06:25 PM
Ayaka that would be great! oops, lemme go edit. I'm going Celes' opera outfit specifically

Recca-kun
12-16-2002, 06:39 PM
Imagine...what if there were 2 Kagura's fighting over one Kyo? His worse nightmare...XD Tell me when the coast is clear. :D

tamahomegurl
12-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Weee! Tohru!! I'm going to bring a little Fruits Basket Group with me...maybe we can take some pictures or something! XD No one in our group wants to be Tohru...so sad...*tears*

yay!!! waterempress-sama!!!! i will be tohru!!!!! ^___^ yay!!!!!!! *runs around genki style*

when do you think there will be a fruits basket group gathering??!!! i'm also bringing my sis who's gonna be kyou-kun too!!! ^___^ baka neko!!! i guess one more kyou-kun to go around the millions of kaguras!!!! ^___^ hehehehe!!!!

all the kyou-kuns and yukis should be prepared for some major glomping by me!!!!! and i don't mind glomping harus neither!!!! *winks*

Yggdrasil Pie
12-17-2002, 05:15 PM
Waii!! Fruits Basket Gathering would be GREAT! I dunno when it is though...^^;

You're right! GLOMPS GALORE! I shall be glomping around too!! Even though the person who's gonna cosplay Haru said she'll stop me....^^;;

What's even more sad is...that my group has no Kyou either... so a Tohru, and a Kyou! YAY!!!! XD

tamahomegurl
12-17-2002, 06:38 PM
yay!!!! *runs in circles around waterempress* yay!!!!!

both kyou-kun and i shall join you then!! please keep me posted with the time and meeting of your group! we are sooo excited that we get to join you guys for a major fb group!!

are you going to be ayame??!!!! hmmmmmm....major glomping from me to you then!!! hehehhe!!!!! *evil cackle*

Yggdrasil Pie
12-17-2002, 06:44 PM
lol! YAY! Fun-ness! *nods* It's kinda obvious I'm gonna be Ayame isn't it? ^^;;

When AX time draws near, I'll PM you or something. ^^

This is gonna be great! ^____^

tamahomegurl
12-18-2002, 04:10 PM
actually, email me waterempress!! ^__^ i would love to kit with you via email if that's okay with you!!!

you can email me at: finalfantasymiko@earthlink.net

*huggles* i'm sooo excited!!! it's gonna be our first fb get-together we're attending!

Yggdrasil Pie
12-18-2002, 08:16 PM
Wee! That'll be great! I'll e-mail you soon enough...XD

I'm also excitied! This is also my first get-together! ^___^

Spike_CBbebop
12-18-2002, 09:10 PM
ohhhh ayame..this is the message board about the Fruits Basket you were talking about...well welcome all of the new Fruits Basket...I'm going to be Haru for Ayame.

tamahomegurl
12-19-2002, 08:56 PM
OMG!!!!! i'm gonna be glomping you haru-san!!!!! ^___^ i know tohru doesn't much in the anime but i will when i see you!!!!!

come and join waterempress's get together!!!! i want all the characters to be present!!!! ^__^ *looks hopeful and makes a wish*

Spike_CBbebop
12-19-2002, 09:58 PM
Yes, of course I'll be going with Ayame to the get together. And I'll watch out for a Tohru heading my way screaming.

Psychotic Jei
12-20-2002, 02:01 AM
::skids in:: Whee... updates.

Irvine Kinneas- FFVIII.
Asato Tsuzuki- Yami no Matsuei
Seto Kaiba- Yu-Gi-Oh. Yes...I am a YGO fan.

jen_kat
12-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Me restating mine:

Seno Alice - Alice 19th : Nobody else seems to be doing anything/one from this... am I to be alone...?? T_T

Souma (Sohma?) Kagura - FB: Wee!! My friends are going as Haru, Momiji, Tohru, Kyou, Ayame, the editor lady..., Shigure, Hana-chan, Hiro, Kisa (maybe), and Yuki. There might be other people... but I can't remember... -_-*

Yami Yugi - Yu-gi-oh: >^_^< Heh heh... Spooky's going as Bakura!! ^_^... I'm not sure 'bout any others... I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the hair... maybe I'll gel up my hair!!

Kirie - Angel Sanctuary: Lots and Lots of black for her assassin gear... HELP! Meltdown beware!

tydawgsd
12-22-2002, 02:23 AM
Maho from .Hack//Sign.

I am still new to this cosplay thing so it is 1 costume for four days for me.

Spike_CBbebop
12-23-2002, 03:50 PM
For me it's:
Michael From Angel Sanctuary
Haru From Fruits Basket
Watari From Suikoden III

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-23-2002, 09:13 PM
AYEE! HARU! Michael too! XD*glomps Spike 100 times*

1)Tohru School Uniform & the dress on the DVD cover XD [Fruits basket]
2)Asuka School Uniform [Neon Genesis Evangelion]
3)Jibrille [Angel Sanctuary]

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 12:33 AM
...something tells me that i''m going to get hurt during the AX 03...and in pain allll day....eh..

RoseDuelist
12-27-2002, 01:50 PM
I'm going to be Shampoo for two days and Riho from Nightwalker for two days

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 01:53 PM
*pats Spike_CBbebop's head* don't worry I wont hurt you...XD.... @_@...

Yggdrasil Pie
12-27-2002, 02:37 PM
Hehh...Spike_CBbebop's worse nightmare is being glomped...isn't it....? XD

*pokes †§Tohru_Honda§†*

It's okay though, permission to glomp Spike_CBbebop as many times possible! XD

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 02:40 PM
lol ^^; ty WaterEmperess lol ^.^;; oh your avatar is very kawaii *.*

Yggdrasil Pie
12-27-2002, 03:18 PM
Teeehehe, Thank you! Yours is very cute as well. ^^

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Arigato ^-^! tee hee *hides behind bushes at AX03 & Glomps Spike_CBbebop when seen* ¬.¬;;...

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 03:35 PM
hey dont i get a say this if i get glomped or not?!?!?

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 03:36 PM
Gomen ^^;;;;;;;

Yggdrasil Pie
12-27-2002, 03:37 PM
*Pokes Haru*

Let her glomp you! Or I will...XD

You don't want that do you? XD

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 03:38 PM
........lets see...get glomped my Water even though i see her everyday...or get glomped by someone for only one day?...hmmm though choice

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 03:39 PM
*laughs nervously*^^;; meow

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 03:40 PM
..*sighs*.,..fine you can glomp me........but be warn..i am haru....i do have my yami haru hahaha

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 03:42 PM
*nod*nod**laughs nervously* okies ^^;;; XD...@_@

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 03:45 PM
heh..dont worry...i wont turn black haru for very long..and even if i do..i'm sure water will stop me....right...AYAME?????

Yggdrasil Pie
12-27-2002, 03:46 PM
*looks around*

I'm having alot of fun with this...Teehehe...

Glomps...your...one...true...WEAKNESS! XD

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 03:47 PM
...vv;;..it's my only weakness

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-27-2002, 03:48 PM
^_^;;; *gets cold fingers & dies from typing*

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 03:51 PM
heh.....dont let ayame change into your shirt....i'm warning you

Yggdrasil Pie
12-27-2002, 04:03 PM
...And what do you mean by that...?

Spike_CBbebop
12-27-2002, 04:05 PM
uh.......what she should be afriad.....very afraid???

RoseDuelist
12-29-2002, 04:36 PM
Ayame? I'm assuming your refering to someone else..
That's not my real name anyways.. just an alias I go by online or in letters and things like that..
Ok, I know its not me.... just thought I'd mention that .. *walks off muttering to self* That was random.. why did I even post? *sigh*..

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-30-2002, 11:43 AM
Ayame, I believe they are taking about WaterEmperess ^^; when they say Ayame *nods her head*^^;;

tamahomegurl
01-08-2003, 05:19 PM
so..have you all decided when the fb cosplay gathering will be?

i hope it doesn't fall on the same time as final fantasy or kingdom hearts....;___;; that would suck if it did......*keeps fingers crossed*

Yggdrasil Pie
01-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Erg...I'm so sorry, My friends decided not to do Fruits Basket anymore...*cries* So sudden!! I'm so sorry!! *drops down on knees and begs for forgiveness* T___T

Edit: Permission to slap me....@_@

tamahomegurl
01-09-2003, 01:39 AM
*pats back* awwww..it's okay, girl! ^__^ i'm still going to sport my fb cosplay outfits though!! ^__^ maybe i'll still see you around and give you huggles!

Psychotic Jei
01-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Gah, I keep getting all conned into gatherings and stuff...I have no spine...so we have

Thur
Asato Tsuzuki - Yami no Matsuei
Farfarello (white version)- Weiss Kreuz
Recca (Flame of Recca)

Fri
Irvine Kinneas- FFVIII
Haya' - Full Metal Panic (Hes the school president...with the silver hair)

Sat
Seto Kaiba - Yugioh

Sun
Some combination of random choosing.

DHB
01-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Okay... for those interested... I'm still planning to go as Squall and Zidane in AX2003, though I still don't know WHEN exactly I'll be cosplaying as WHO... Anyway, I've got a lil' update:

Instead of having two projects for 2003 I have THREE... I won't give names, it's a secret... you'll only know when progress will be made on this costume. :p

Lisibit
01-09-2003, 02:26 PM
I know i'm going Friday and Saturday. I'm taking my Farah from Tales of Eternia costume, but other than that, I still haven't decided what to finish. I'll probably pick two from the following: Tsukasa from .hack//sign, Usopp from One Piece, Kakashi from Naruto, and Fujina from Himikoden.

Since this is the first anime con i'll have ever gone to, do any of you have some advice? Like...how early one should plan to show up to wait for panels or other events, how early to book a hotel room, things to tell your parents so they can stop assuming every guy in the world wants to assault you...etc. Anything is helpful. I know it's a huge con.

Psychotic Jei
01-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Aw...Hotels..if you want the main hotel...I would say as soon as possible. When to show up for panels....that depends on the panel...if its someone everyone wants to see...people get in line hours and hours and hours and hours ahead of time.

Yggdrasil Pie
01-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by tamahomegurl
*pats back* awwww..it's okay, girl! ^__^ i'm still going to sport my fb cosplay outfits though!! ^__^ maybe i'll still see you around and give you huggles!

Aww, I'm glad you're not mad. I'll be sure to give you super glomps. ^^ And I think Spike is still going to be Haru, so...more glomps for her...XD

ling_xiaoyu2002
01-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Hello people,
back to the topic of what and who? I already have my costumes planned out. I don't know which day I am going to wear them yet.
But here's my schedule costume wise.

Day 1
Micheal-AS (unless I am required to be there for more days.)

Day 2
Devil Squall(I will change out of this costume at some point of the day)
Battousai(I will change out of this costume if my squall seems to be more popular).

That's it for now. At some point I'll make an eternal mercury and saturn when I get the time for it! Bye!

Michi
01-09-2003, 06:43 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing completely. Too busy planning A-kon & Fanime.

I think I'll be wearing slightly unfamiliar versions of Shiranui Mai, Kasumi from Pocket Monsters, and Asuka Langley.. Not giving away what versions, or why they're unfamiliar ones just yet. :P I'll most certainly be wearing more than that, I just can't think of everything yet. X_X Ask me after A-kon. :F

Sapphira
01-13-2003, 04:54 AM
Eee, I'm going but I need to find a job soon to be able to pay for everything since I'm flying in from out of state. x_x I haven't decided which costume I'll wear on which day, but so far the line up is:

- Yuna (Summoner; FFX)
- Rayne Herald (Calling from Within)
- Yuna (Gunner class; FFX-2)
- Rikku (Thief class; FFX-2)

Kagato
01-16-2003, 12:41 PM
First time cosplaying, after asking around a bit about which would be the "best" day to do so, I've pretty much decided.

Saturday
Kagato (Tenchi Muyo! OAV)

Friday might have worked as well, but if any of my videos make the finals, I'll be stressing about the AMV contest before then.

Mandy Mitchell
01-17-2003, 02:48 AM
This will be my fourth time at AX! Boy, does time fly! I'm going to cosplay Lulu on Friday and Saturday. I haven't decided who I'm going to cosplay as on Thursday and Sunday as of yet.

DHB
01-17-2003, 03:27 AM
We should do an FF group then, right Mandy? All my costumes are Final-Fantasy-related.

Bell-chan
01-19-2003, 01:43 AM
I don't know if I'll cosplay more, but I am sure that I'll be cosplaying Chloe (Noir) and Yuna (FF X: Summoner).

celestial51484
01-27-2003, 01:57 AM
I'm hoping to finish costumes for Hanajima Saki or Honda Tohru from Fruits Basket and Cyberdoll Rena from Hand Maid May. ....

**DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE SQUID IN PLUSHIE FORM???** Please???? I've been looking everywhere!!! :crylaugh:

Studmaster
01-27-2003, 06:45 AM
Well as of End of January. And as for now. My Costumes are now.

Samus (Suikoden 3)
Gallows (Wild Arms 3)
Barret (Final Fantasy 7)

Eurobeat King
01-31-2003, 02:47 AM
Work was boring today, so I planned out a tentative costume list and schedule for AX. It may vary, depending on when cosplay groups take place, ALTHOUGH this year I may just cosplay on my own, wander all over the place, and take pics.. Anyway, here's my list:

Wednesday, July 2nd (pre-reg. day)
1. Ralf (King of Fighters) or Hideo Shimazu (Rival Schools)

Thursday, July 3rd DAY 1
2. Shinji Ikari (NG Evangelion)
3. Saitou Hajime (Ruroni Kenshin)

Friday, July 4th DAY 2
4. Trowa Barton (GW turtleneck version w/ missile-packs)
5. Trowa Barton (Endless Waltz version)

Saturday, July 5th DAY 3
6. SUPER-SECRET costume (it will be revealed before AX) ;)
7. King 2000 (King of Fighters)
8. Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D)

Sunday, July 6th DAY 4
9. Ohgami Ichirou (Sakura Taisen)

I may change some of them around, as I said: it depends on the scheduling of certain cosplay groups. :)

Lynzie
01-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Hm... I still don't know for sure, but I do know that I PLAN to have Punk Zelda (:P I was dared.), Princess Peach (I was threatened, ROFL.), and Misha from Pitaten. I may have Milfeulle from Galaxy Angel, but since I'm wearing it to Anime Oasis and Sakuracon, I may decide not to take it. I guess it all depends on how much money I have, and how much better I get at sewing. <3

Famira Damaris
01-31-2003, 01:10 PM
Ack...changing my costumes...here's the still tentative list

Thursday: Camille Vidan (all day, for Gundam Cosplayer Gathering)

Friday: Tseng (only for the FF gathering and then I change -_-)
Haku (Spirited Away) the rest of the day (hopefully. xX;)

Saturday:
Kouji Minamoto, all day (depends on when the Digimon gathering will be, if there will be one. xX; ) If there isn't one, probably Haku again

Sunday: Camille Vidan again, probably all day

maikaeirn
01-31-2003, 01:30 PM
Ok, let me rack my brain a little to think anout which costumes i want to do and which costumes that i HAVE to do...

1. Yuna (Gunner class FFX_2) *sigh* There's gonna be like 5 billion other people dressed as her, but that's ok. Maybe we could form an army... ^^
2. Rei Ayanami (2k2 Christmas Version)
3. Chibi Integral (Hellsing)

Yea those are the one's that i have to have done by AX for sure. One might be a possible masquerade entry, the other to a pair and the last is so Miss Rose won't slaughter me in my sleep...

Anyways, i'm looking forward to doing these cosplays. Hopefully they will not turn out like crap like the other cosplays i have done. I'm actually going to TRY this time! With everyone reading this post as my witness, i WILL actually put an effort into these costumes!!!!!!!!!!

KitsuNessa
01-31-2003, 06:00 PM
ooooh Haku from Spirited Away!! :D awesome!

Psychotic Jei
01-31-2003, 08:06 PM
Heh. Well.....I keep changing, what do we have for now

Thursday: Asato Tsuzuki (Yami no Matsuei)
Farfarello (artbook version)
Hanabishi Recca (Recca no Honou)

Friday: That one guy with the glasses from FFX-2 (mebbe)
Hayashimaru (Full Metal Panic)

Saturday: Seto Kaiba (Yu-gi-Oh: Battle City)

Sunday: Dont know yet~

RoseDuelist
01-31-2003, 10:27 PM
Mine changed as well..

I don't know the days, but it will be Riho, Inu Yasha, and I have momentarily forgot her name, but it's the female villan from the third manga of Chobits. Unlike the other two I don't know much about her, I just liked her coat, skirt, and boots.. O.o

Doremi Chan
01-31-2003, 10:33 PM
It looks like I will only be going for 2 days this year. So,

Sat: One of my many doremi costumes ^^;
Sunday: Loli or Winter Iris

khiro
02-03-2003, 01:47 PM
I really need to think about these some more! So many outfits and so few days...actually most of these still have to be made, but these are the mostly likely ones, but all outfits a subject to change.Also depending on how late I decide to stay on Sunday will determine if I'm going to even be in cosplay that day. The other days I have the ones I want to cosplay as the most, but I need to see if I can actually pull the outfit together. Also I put them in the order that I want to cosplay as the most on that day

Thursday: chibi/kid Train from Black Cat or Ginnosuke from Tokyo Underground

Friday: Arashi(X), Kotoko(Chobits), or Hatoko(Angelic Layer)

Saturday: Ayaka(Gravitation) or undecided(depending on whether or not my friend is going to be Mika)

Sunday: undecided...

Psychotic Jei
02-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Is anyone else the kind of person who changes their mind like five times a week.....because they keep getting better ideas. =B

kelldar
02-04-2003, 08:53 AM
My plans for AX are falling apart, but I am resolved to get there! *strikes pose*
Right now all I'm planning new is Morrigan and Asuka, and probably rewearing Yuffie, Ruby Heart, Nanami... who knows what else ><;

RoseDuelist
02-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic Jei
Is anyone else the kind of person who changes their mind like five times a week.....because they keep getting better ideas. =B

Yes definatly. It was Shampoo and Riho. Now it's Inu Yasha, Riho, and a villan from Chobits.

*blinks *

khiro
02-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Same here for changing ideas every week. Actually it's more like every two weeks...About two weeks ago I really wanted to be Ginosuke and Kotoko. Now I really want to be Arashi, kid Train, and Ayaka...Although kid Train's becoming less and less important due to his hair and eye color...I'd still love to try to be him though...Although probably two weeks from now I'll find some other character I want to be....

Michi
02-05-2003, 02:42 AM
I think I posted here already. >_> But I'm too lazy to go through 15 pages. Umm, I have no solid AX cosplay plans aside from a few ideas... Amy Rose from Sonic Adventure and Zelda from Zelda 64, for example. It's very up in the air. I have A-kon and Fanime and stuff first to worry about. ^_^; I'm definately attending the con, though, no matter what I wear. :D Fourth AX, woohoo.

Kairikins
02-05-2003, 05:54 PM
This will be the first con I ever hit if I can convince the parents but if ALL goes according to plan (like that ever happens heh heh) it'll be a debute of my first costume ever made (THIS could get scary neheheheh) ~ its a bit far off so there is hope ^.^

Kairi - Kingdom Hearts

Umi
02-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Thursday - Misao (my cousin tells me that's Kenshin day)

o.O;

I'm planning a simple one, Kasumi from Ranma, but I don't know which day.
I also might be a Furuba character with my cousin's group but not too sure if I'll do it for sure... or even who I'll be.

piroko
02-07-2003, 02:29 AM
yukino - karekano (prob friday)
nami - one piece (saturday)
random miko - (could be motoko from LH) (sunday). Not sure if i'm doing this since I totally won't have the hair for this since i'm cutting and dying it for my other costumes :P
Still deciding on 4th slot.

kirillian
02-10-2003, 09:34 PM
My first time in AX, yay!!!! Definitely coming as Chloe from Noir and Robin from Witch Hunter Robin. Am looking for people to do a Robin skit with me (am pre-registered in Masquerade) Any male cosplayers interested? I need at least 2 guys and 2 girls to do the team...V excited to see other Chloes out there....

Shadow Lady
02-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Gah! I can't go this year. Lack of funds -_-

Next year for sure!

tamahomegurl
02-10-2003, 11:02 PM
yikes!!!! *sees shadow lady's avi* it's maria!!!!!!! *screams* hahahah!!! ^___^ cool!!! silent hill's badass!!!! dang...that chick just freaks me out though....^___^;;

khiro
02-15-2003, 11:57 PM
piroko: You can just go as a Shinto Priestess! I might do that, chances are low, but I might... Also yay! I have to get a pic of you as Nami ^-^

Velvy
03-01-2003, 03:37 PM
I can't wait, this will be my first time officially cosplaying.

Costumes:
Tasia Joyce Walden (CFW)
"Au Revoire" Mana (J-rock masquerade)
Lolita (Lolitas contest)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (obvious ^_^; )

Ina
03-01-2003, 03:51 PM
AX is four months from now and i'm sooo bouncy... here's the costumes that i'll be wearing (might be changing since AX is still far from now)

- Dark Gunner Yuna
- Pop Star Yuna
- and MAYBE a battle royale cosplay

Kozispoon
03-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Kell, you're doing Darkstalkers cosplay! Cool, I might just bring my hsien-ko costume again this year..we could start a group! Oh and Katchoo 24? I LOVE paradise Kiss. Are you just doing an inspired costume or one of the characters? (do Miwako! She's my favorite! ^.^) I can't wait for the next manga to come out, that series is getting so good!

Well, here's my list:

Le ciel Kozi from Malice Mizer

Beast of blood mana~from, well, Malice mizer AGAIN

hsien ko from darkstalkers~ heh, Kell inspired me ^.^

Possibles

I really want to do an indies costume of Kozi's, but that remains to be seen...

I'm not sure of their names, but I want to try doing one of the cat girls in love with Folken sama in escaflowne (non-movie version). It'd be nice to do a cosplay where I dun have to cake on the white make-up for change! ^.^

Oh and Velvy? i can't wait to see you and the rest of the Flava gang there!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-14-2003, 02:06 PM
I'll be going and here are my costumes:
Domon Kashhu- G Gundam
Roger Smith-The Big O
^___^
God, I can't wait for AX!

kelldar
03-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Oooh yay Hsien Ko!! My best friend is coming as Bulleta/BB Hood so we can have a mini group!! yay! :D

Mink
03-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Woa....did my list ever change...not that its important but I will list my costumes anyway because its fun!

Me definatly:
Kagome-Inuyasha
Mimiru- Hack sign
Utena (schoolboy outfit from movie)-Utena movie
Lina Inverse- Slayers

Me possibly:
Eria- Escaflowne (depends on if I finish my boyfriends Folken costume)
Kiri- Kingdom Hearts (depends on if I finish my brothers Sora outfit)

My comrads from FRO (fricken rediculous otakus) are wearing costumes from hack sign, utena, slayers and inuyasha so there will be a great deal of "group cosplay" for us. Im so excited! Mostly because I get to dress my boyfriend up! (wee)

Velvy
03-22-2003, 04:26 AM
I thought I was all decided, but I only have 2 costumes decided upon:

1). Lolita contest outfit
2). Tasia Joyce Walden

Originally it would be four including Utena and "Au Revoire" Mana, but I'm debating on both of those. I haven't made them yet (okay some of it, the "Au Revoire" one), buut.....yah....choices choices..

ayasuru
03-27-2003, 11:10 PM
I haven't posted here in a GOOD while. Hmm for AX imma just write in numerical order for which ones are done and yeah....

1.Chii-Freya
2.Chii-Seifuku
3.Lulu
4.Yuna-Gunner Mode
5.Auron
6.Lenne(YES, NOT YUNA BUT LENNE. By July I should have long enough hair to make it LENNE)
7.Mishima

Hmm the hardest task will be Auron....hmm...4 monthes left. :o

Tenshi
03-28-2003, 10:35 AM
I can't remember if I posted in here or not, but oh well. My costume list has changed considerably.

- BT from .hack//SIGN
- Fuujin from FFVIII
- Honda Tohru (Yellow Dress) from Fruits Basket
- Masquerade costume (yaaaaaay!)

I might bring Sound Pretear if I have reason to (reason being I WANT LEAFE KNIGHTS DANGIT). And I have another costume idea, but I'll see how much time I have once AX gets closer.

KitsuNessa
03-28-2003, 07:32 PM
changed my list

Yuna - FFX
Yukino Miyazawa - Kare Kano

Psychotic Jei
03-29-2003, 01:44 PM
I like keep adding people to cosplay. x__x; I think I'm like bring six costumes

Velvy
03-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Gosh I keep changing it and changing it :o

But I went to Jo Anne's today (fabric store), and wow, it was like I walked into fabric heaven. The members of Paradise Kiss would probably have melted on the floor the minute they walked in. I found soo much fabric that was just perfect for a Miwako cosplay.

Soo it's:
Tasia Joyce Walden
A Lolita (tournament? still...? Maaybe)
"Au Revoire" Mana
Miwako (Paradise Kiss)

I'm soo thrilled to be cosplaying Miwako. :D

Nadeshiko
04-09-2003, 09:49 PM
I may have posted this before, but this is what I'll be a bringing:

1) Soletta Orihime (Sakura Taisen)
2) Karen Kasumi (X manga; bridal type)
3) Karen Kasumi (X manga; holiday type)
4) Karen-chan (Sister Princess)
5) Princess Mars (BSSM)
6) Utena Tenjou (Utena)
7) Yomiko Readman (R.O.D.)
8) Nadeshiko Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)

Those are definates. I need to work on the trenchcoat for Yomiko (or should I not wear it knowing the weather will be summer? what the hey...I will use it as a night costume then). Still figuring out how I'm going to pull off my second Karen Kasumi costume!

kelldar
04-09-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm still trying to figure out getting there, but as of right now...

-Asuka (plugsuit)
-Morrigan
-SeraMyu Jupiter
-Quidditch player (I think it's Katie Bell...)
-Ruby Heart
-Yuffie
-Belldandy
-Integral
-Eternal Jupiter

I think that's it... *_*

diqitaldreams
04-09-2003, 10:35 PM
If I am going, which I probably will, I'll be going as Baiken and possibly Shuichi. @_@;

Kirschwasser
04-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Let's see...I know I am going as Xenosaga's Kirschwasser. (Must do Xeno cosplay).
I'm deciding who else to be. I'd like to be Chobits' Chii, but there are probably going to be a lot of Chii's.
I'm also thinking of doing Final Fantasy 7 cosplay. Deciding whether to be Elena or not. I'm not too sure. If there are other folks cosplaying as FF7's Turks, I'd go as Elena. :)

Ina
04-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Dita and drk gunner Yuna FOR SURE since i'm working on it right now ^_^

Eurobeat King
04-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Due to the hectic schedule of AX and the ever-increasing challenge of me to get pictures of cosplayers, I'll be bringing costumes for the 4-5 days of the con, but I'm not sure if I'll be cosplaying in any groups, since I'll be going all over the place, from hotel to hotel, hotel to convention center, and then from the Alpine Inn Motel (where I'm staying) to the convention center (to change costumes) But I'll still be wearing costumes, so keep an eye out for me. :) My costumes will be:

1. Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
2. Saitou Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin)
3. Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing)
4. Trowa Barton (GW: Endless Waltz boyscout-nazi)
5. King (King of Fighters 1999)
6. Hideo Shimazu (Rival Schools/Project Justice)
7. Ohgami Ichirou (Sakura Taisen)
8. Hibiki Takane (Capcom vs. SNK 2/ Last Blade 2)
9. Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D) with RX-7 FC3S

Haven't finalized a final schedule, but we'll see as it gets closer.. ;)

kyuuketsuki
04-12-2003, 10:29 PM
*ponders* i know i have one soldi costume and ish astaroth from AS ^^ other than that...i dunno...might bring out my random school girl outfit 4 a day an throw together something that will work for a semi jrock style ^^ *pokes blade-sama* ne blade? any ideas??? ^^

Doremi Chan
04-13-2003, 12:17 AM
Update:

Looks like I will be able to go 3 of 4 days.

Costume List:
For Sure:
Nadja (Ashitano Nadja)
Gamers Gaurdian Fairy Rapiz (Gamers Gaurdian Fairies)
Ojamao Hana Chan (Ojamajo Doremi)

Have to Choose:
2 Ojamajo Doremi Costumes (Diffrent Styles)
Iris (Sakura Taisen)

tydawgsd
04-13-2003, 06:56 PM
I was working on Maha, but it isn't happening, so I am going to probably do Kakashi instead.

piroko
04-13-2003, 07:35 PM
I got my 4th slot..I wanted to do Riku from D.N.Angel and my friend going to do Risa..but it fell through since we both ended up lacking the time to sew together. But I got official Naruto headband and gloves, so I think I want to do a Naruto character. Planning a Mitarashi Anko, but who knows.
I'm also going to be Vanessa from KOF again, for the lovely KOF gathering. :D

domestik
04-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic Jei
I like keep adding people to cosplay. x__x; I think I'm like bring six costumes

Man. Tell me about it. x_x; I keep hacking off costumes, only to tag on MORE costumes. Most of which will most likely be stuck under the "maybes" or the "not happenin'".

Updated list:

-Kyo ([KR]cube)
-Kazuki (Eternal Wish)
-Walter (Manga, young)
-Shizumi
-Subaru (Tarot Card)

And if the "maybes" are completed by then... well... heh. I'm gonna die. x_X;

DHB
04-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Geez... long time no posted.

Lessee... my list.

- Squall from FF8
- Zidane from FF9
- Locke from FF6

Any Final Fantasies still planned for Anaheim? It's been so long since I last posted...