PDA

View Full Version : Costume Progress

Oshi
08-21-2002, 02:22 PM
No help needed here. I just wanna show off my progress on my Kaze costume.
I just completely finished the holster and belt!
http://68.83.68.8/My%20Pictures/Cosplay/DSC00007.JPG

Now, the leg brace is about 95% complete... then gotta do the glove, then I'm done with the vinyl...
Then, the vest, add more cape material, then the DemonGun...

Sheesh, I need to get moving... Only 10 days til AXNY! X_X;

Cynthia
08-22-2002, 12:26 PM
Alexiel (AS)-I've still got to sew one leg cover, make adjustments to both. Then there's the headband, necklace, and a belt or two to contend with. Along with the kneepads-don't even go there. And did I mention a cloak.
Utena-I've got to buy red socks and make adjustments to the entire costume. I have about 2 wks. and I start college next week on top of my part time job.

Oshi
08-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Finished the glove... kinda uncomfortable... Maybe I should line it with a softer cloth... O.o;;
http://68.83.68.8/My%20Pictures/Cosplay/DSC00015.jpg

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 03:36 PM
LOL Well I am being a good girl and trying to get rid of my hall costumes for Katsu and Ohayo so I can concentrate on the full-plate, wings, and other insane miscellanea of my masquerade outfits...

So...

1) Rosiel: I bought the material. I looked at it. I winced at the tought of hand-sewing. I shoved the huge rolls of vinyl under my couch. ^___^

2) Schuldig: I'm almost done with the pants (they just need a zipper), and 1/2 done with lining and hemming the jacket. I still need to sew the sleeves, make the headband, and buy the right kind of sunglasses.

So, since those cons are /months/ away, I think I'm doing pretty good!

Oshi
08-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
... and buy the right kind of sunglasses.
Sunglasses! CRAP! I'm gonna have to run to the dollar store... get some that I can mutilate...
Thanks for reminding me :thumbsup:

Tenjou
08-23-2002, 05:05 PM
^^ Well I was cleaning out my room today, and I came across some wide red ribbon, and a huge pin-on bow, so I'll probably use that stuff for my Kiki costume. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time in thrift shops as I was hoping, but there's plenty of time for that. ^_^ I found a red headband too, so the headpieces are all done. As I was cleaning my closet, I came across some comfy red slipper-shoes, and I'll use that for Kiki as well. I haven't started at all on the Palla Palla costume ^^::: But I found some Utena school shoes in my closet too, and I'm verrrrrrrrry happy, 'cause I want to get my Utena as close as possible, on a small budget. So, yeah! ^^

Sami
08-23-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Oshi

Sunglasses! CRAP! I'm gonna have to run to the dollar store... get some that I can mutilate...

LOL, you're not the only one! I did the same thing for my Yohji costume.. three bucks at Target! But now I like 'em so I wear 'em everywhere. :D

AXNY is -VERY- close.. one more week!! *eeee!* And I have absolutely nothing done.. well, wait, I made my Red XIII skirt. *small fanfare* Tonight I'm hoping to dye all of the faux fur tan and line the lower hem of the skirt, and make my wrist/ankle band thingers. I should've gone back to JoAnn's to get more fabric.. (I totally messed up my tanktop, making it too small, and thus wasting the last of my fabric ._.) but I'll go tomorrow. >_> Late, lazy, hungry. Rawr!

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 10:01 AM
> LOL, you're not the only one! I did the same thing for my Yohji costume.. three bucks at Target! But now I like 'em so I wear 'em everywhere.

Knowing my love of sunglasses, Schu's glasses will be the prohibitively expensive kind... but then, I always NEED more sunglasses!

(I should be honest and replace "need" with "want" LOL. One can never have too many sunglasses!)

Oshi
08-26-2002, 11:12 AM
I won't be wearing em everywhere... I'm gonna pop out a lense and cut open the bottom of the frame... as per Kaze's shades...
Which is why I need cheapo $1 kind ^_^

Progress: Done with the vinyl. Starting the vest... now.

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 11:18 AM
> I'm gonna pop out a lense and cut open the bottom of the frame... as per Kaze's shades... Which is why I need cheapo $1 kind ^_^

LOL You're smart... and I am addicted to shades.
At least you can poke out lenses on sunglasses pretty easily. Poking out the lenses on reading glasses for my friend's Zaphkiel costume took two men and a hammer. LOL.

Ayaka
08-26-2002, 12:49 PM
Oshi - I can't get your pics to load . . . ;_;

Sami - HAH! My Youji sunglasses were . . . ah dang, $3.95 at Walmart . . . d'oh!

Rosiel - Okay, now I'm scared, lol. Too much in common. I wear GLASSES most of the time, and I still have ridiculous numbers of sunglasses. I wanted to get some for Faye, and my mom nearly physically dragged me away from the display . . . lol.

Heheh now I'm gonna hijack the thread and post about my progress for AXNY. Yasuo Iwakura (for my bro) - done. Lain Iwakura (Cyberia DJ) - hat done, shirt 75% done since I finished the hand sewing. Have pants and belt. Have jewelry. No necklace, have to make one. Chrno - ah man. All supplies (except suspenders), pattern cut out, but nothing else done! Still need fangs! Faye - done, just need to do touchups from AX. Spike (for my bro) - uhh . . . maybe I'll have time? Otherwise he's wearing a blue suit, the shirt I got him already, and a rug (ghetto sarappo or however you spell it) with a sombrero . . .

Oshi
08-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Oshi - I can't get your pics to load . . . ;_;
Hm... DOH! The address is 68.83.68.8, not 38... heheh... my bad...
It seems some people get permissions errors... I'll try to fix that...

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 01:06 PM
> I wear GLASSES most of the time, and I still have ridiculous numbers of sunglasses.

LOL Same here! I wear glasses to work, because it makes me look older and more serious, a plus when you're a young blonde female engineer. >__< I always wear contacts + sunglasses otherwise.

*starts to sing a la Corey Hart*
I wear my suuuunglasses at niiiiight

As for costume progres... Schu's jacket is almost done. I just need to set in the sleeves and add the buttons. Then I will have done all the important parts and can move on to the next costume...

>_<;;;;;;

If you wear Youji again one day I should bring Schu and we can pimp together. LOL.

Sami
08-26-2002, 02:35 PM
What type of engineering, Rosiel? My boyfriend's an electrical.. that's cool you're representin' for all the females out there! Me, I couldn't do it.. too many numbers and formulas and electrical diddley.. @_@

I want to see Schu pictures!! MY friend and I were thinking of going to Katsucon as Schu and Brad.. although I doubt my hair will be short for much longer. ;-; And I don't think I'd like Brad's suit too much.. too boring! >_>

Yeah.. costume progress.. ^^; I made some cute paws for Red XIII and I'm gonna line them with fur later.. finished the tail, but I still need to find stuffing. x_x And I dyed my white fur tan and dyed the poor trashbasket tan as well. But I let it dry overnight and all is well and ready to be sewed!!.... If that all makes any sense. ^^;;;; *random*

Oshi
08-26-2002, 03:20 PM
I have glasses. I don't need them, so when cosplaying, I won't wear them all the time.
Electrical engineering! w00t! Going to Widener U. for that.

*continues working on the vest...*

Your RedXIII costume sounds really cute, Sami, can't wait to see it ^_^

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 03:44 PM
> What type of engineering, Rosiel?

Software Engineering actually. =)

> that's cool you're representin' for all the females out there!

It's hard though, because either people don't believe you when you say what you do or they think you're not as competent as a man.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

> I want to see Schu pictures!!
> And I don't think I'd like Brad's suit too much.. too boring! >_>

Well we have the whole of Weiss and Schwartz for Friday Hall at Katsu... and although this started as a joke Brad-and-Schu cosplay with a friend of mine (The guy looks like Brad! O__O So I offered to be his prop Schu...) we now have a cast of people that look like their characters. LOL We're searching for Schrient now, so if you still want to do Weiss Kreuz but think Brad is boring... hey join us as Neu or something! >___>

Sami
08-26-2002, 04:11 PM
I have fake glasses, but I never wear them, because they look really fake.. ^^;; They're a little too big for me, and really round.

I'm working on sewing the fur as we speak *sewsewsew*, but my kitten seems to think it's some sort of game and keeps attacking the fur..... >_>;; *discreetly stuffs kitten in box* Eheheheeee... I'd like to have a pic up before I go to AXNY so people will know which one is me. ^_^ *crosses fingers!*

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 05:25 PM
Sami, have I ever mentioned how much I love your icon?
It's impossible to be angsty after seeing it... it has this ultra-genki aura that makes you bouncy against your will!

I love it. =)

*bounce bounce and off to sew Schu-Schu*

Ayaka
08-26-2002, 07:38 PM
gah . . . I'm so not on right now. I'm actually sewing. (isn't) No, really. (really isn't sewing)

Rosiel - I'll definitely be wearing Youji again; since I've only worn it once, and unless I do something weird to it, I have his hair. (Yay! No wig!) And I got Faye's sunglasses today. Victory! oV ^_^

Sami - Really looking forward to your costume! I bet we'll be able to spot you, how many people have even done Red?

Oshi
08-26-2002, 10:37 PM
Weee... Done the DemonGun! It's so cool... I should take a pic... But I won't! You will wait until Saturday to see it! Mwahah. ^_^
Right now I'm painting this portion of styrofoam ball (that will be the... thing... on his cloak) with gold acrylic paint... while shooing my brother out of the room...
f$ck.. my first cosplay accident... i cut my finger while I was hacking away at this styrofoam ball with a steak knife... Not a deep cut, don't worry, I'm okay! It's almost healed already!

The vest? Well... I measured everything out... still gotta cut it out, but its measured and the lines are made ^_^;;;
I keep procrastinating on that... meh. WILL DO IT TOMORROW! Promise!
Yess... I should be done tomorrow... I hope >.>

Ayaka
08-26-2002, 11:07 PM
Careful of the fingers, there, Oshi. ^^ lol don't maim yourself before AXNY.

Sami
08-27-2002, 10:41 AM
And here I was, thinking about changing my icon.. silly me! ^^; LOL, Card Captor Sakura music usually has the same effect on me. Happyyyy!

I've seen a few Red's here and there.. one person at Otakon decided to do like.. this full body fur thing, with long sticks and paws for the front legs.. it was really large (and good!!) and looked like it came out of a play or something.. <3 LOL Mine's just a human representation. ^^; On a lighter note; paws are done! Wee! *will bring the camera in tonight*

Oshi, your new avatar is scary. ;_; Red eeyyeeesss! *shriek* And be careful! LOL we'll be able to tell you apart by your Shishio mummy-like bandaged hands..

Shadra D
08-27-2002, 04:01 PM
I have not even started Ken-kun @_@ too busy with Wakaba for AWA @_@ mwah... *sewsewsew* Stupid headband ><

Oshi
08-27-2002, 08:59 PM
Weee! I just gotta do some minor handstitching to the cloak and vest, and I'M DONE! And with three days to spare!

Rosiel
08-28-2002, 11:08 AM
> and I'M DONE! And with three days to spare!

Congrats!

Hikaru Tsuki
08-28-2002, 12:15 PM
I wish I could say progress on all my costumes was good.... =P

Dilandau from Escaflowne: I have just found a GOOD black pleather (after 8 months of searching), so I'm taking apart what I have done for the jacket and is now being redone. I gotta get crack'n though, the costume's due October 12th! 50% done.

Hikaru from Angelic Layer: For the second time, the fabric I got for this costume isn't working and now I gotta spend more money and get this expensive spandex. Oh joy. 25% done.

Sakuya from Kaikan Phrase: I can finish this any day, I'm just too lazy. I just need to sew together the jacket. No biggie at all. 75% done.

Minami Takayama from Two-Mix: This costume isn't due for a while, so I'm taking my time. All I've gotten done is cutting all the fabrics. Yay me? 10% done.

Shadra D
08-28-2002, 08:24 PM
OK, so I just finished Wakaba's headband tonight.. yay.. X_X

Had to go to JoAnn's to get more blue for the gi.. If I am awake, I will try to get a lot done on that.

Saw the PERFECT fabric for my Katsucon cosplay... BUT IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE ><;; It also would probably make the fabric I already bought look bad x_x one is a lot heavier than the other... and then I may have bought the wrong color for another part, since I saw the right color at the store, and... *Weeeeep* And the feathers I was going to buy are gone....

x_X I guess we have time.. Yargh

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 09:44 AM
> x_X I guess we have time.. Yargh

Yes we do, relax.

You might want to mix an iridescent sheer on top of your fabric if you think it's too plain. For Tahamine, we are mixing a plain blue fabric for the dress with iridescent blue sheer drapings on top to make it look more dramatic.

You could make your veil sheer too.
It's not /that/ expensive, and looks very eye-catching. ^___^

Shadra D
08-29-2002, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, maybe for the coat/robe thing.. I already picked out the stuff for the veil *_*;; prettyy.. that's EXTREMELY sheer >D *wuvvles*

Well, I'll bring the stuff with me when I head up there this winter, and I can get your opinion on what I should do *laughs* I could probably make the hat on my own.. saa @.@

I just realized, too, we will have to bleach my eyebrows on Saturday.. LMAO, I will look like Santa while we rehearse *dies*

.... and I realized I have NO IDEA where I am going to get the shoes! LOL! and I need to see whose wig I can borrow, too... mwar!

But no, today, I will work on my webpage... thing o_o;