PDA

View Full Version : Ayumi Hamasaki CD's...i'm a newbie to her music ^.~!!

nyamiko_chan
04-16-2003, 09:24 PM
What are some good ones?? I have no sound on my comp *big sucking crapola!!!* (ya..?)

Which are some good ones to check out :) I don't understand much japanese but i'm learning. I love the music. I heard that "Fly High" was my friends fav...is it good ^^

And i was looking at "Rainbow" too ^^

pweez help!

kris
04-18-2003, 01:31 PM
I like "I am..."

Umi
04-18-2003, 01:41 PM
"LOVEppears" was a decent album. Has a lot of people's old favorites on there like Fly high and Boys & Girls

nyamiko_chan
04-18-2003, 04:37 PM
thanks peoples *huggles* i'll check it out, they gotta have some of her CD's at HMV..at least i think ^^;

Raine
04-29-2003, 11:56 PM
Look up Divine Ayu.. it's a website. It's really good for info on Ayumi and her music

sevette
05-02-2003, 11:05 PM
i love ayu! i've been into her music since her LOVEppears album, i think some of her best songs are on there. i recommend that and her 'i am' album, as well as 'rainbow'. her first album ('a song for xx' was alright, but not a favorite) and her second, 'duty' was pretty good. LOVEppears is still my favorite though. (imo) some of her best songs:

'm'
'evolution'
'monochrome'
'whatever'
'audience'
'love ~destiny~ (1999)'
'free & easy'
'real me'

fly high is probably my favorite of her songs too...she has a bunch of different styles in all her songs though (rock, techno, pop, ballad) so i'd check out a variety. i think she's something like the most remixed artist in the world too, with about 10-20 remixes per almost each song she's done. her songs get remixed into different styles too; i have her cyber trance cd, eurobeat cd, and a ballad cd.

i buy her cd's off yes asia (http://us.yesasia.com/en/artIdxDept.aspx/aid-444/section-music/code-c/did-20/) who i've gotten great service from every time i order. they offer the 'overseas' (aka american) versions of her cds, singles, and vidoes, which are almost exactly the same as the japanese, but waaay cheaper. oh, and i'd suggest the hamasaki republic (http://www.hamasaki-republic.org/) for general info and the latest news. hope that helps. :D

hnt
05-03-2003, 03:00 PM
I really like Boys And Girls. I always get jumpy whenever I hear the song ^^;

katrinastrife
05-04-2003, 12:43 AM
http://ayumi.primenova.com/lyrics.htm

Here's the Divine Ayu website. It's a really good site!

My favorite songs by her are "Evolution", and "Endless Sorrow"--Endless Sorrow is practically Sephiroth's theme song, btw, if you read the lyrics. ^_^ She's a really talented singer, and she's even been so lucky as to have a duet with Gackt~! 0_0 Lucky, da!

Samwise
05-05-2003, 01:55 PM
wasnt that one Itsuka no Merry Christmas? I stole it from my friend's comp

megumibish
05-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Heh I've heard a ton of Ayumi Hamasaki songs from my Para Para Paradise J-euro. Fly High and Boy's and girls is good imo. I like Monochrome and Audience especially. ^_^

BabiiYunie
05-22-2003, 02:35 PM
YES BOYS AND GIRLS ISH GREAT! lol, but Depend on you (remix) is really REALLY good, good enough to get anyone hooked

Sarcasm-hime
05-23-2003, 02:32 PM
"I am..." is the only Ayu CD I have, but I've got a lot of various mp3s. Evolution is my #1 fave song, closely followed by Boys & Girls.

Pic of my recent "I am..." Ayu costume: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=41554&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

BabiiYunie
05-24-2003, 06:11 AM
I saw that sarcasm-hime on your webbie! ^^ it's really good!

Arashi
05-26-2003, 06:18 AM
I like Ayumi's music as well...she writes her own lyrics and I think starting with her 'I am...' album she also started composing music too.
I have a lot of favorites from her but the one I listen to on a constant basis and never get tired of is 'Free and Easy.' ^_^

Jarrod
05-26-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the Divin Ayu site link. I too am a big fan of her music.

So many greats, Boys and Girls, Dearest, Unite, Whatever...

Well I can't actually even remember the names of the songs I listen to just cause I never really bothered to memorize them or spend all that time entering the name onto the Mini Disc.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can download Monochrome? I want to sample it as in listen to the song to see if it's good, then possibly go and buy it.

But I don't know where to find the song, or my friend says that his version has this part at the end that always cuts out.

Arashi
05-27-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Jarrod
But I don't know where to find the song, or my friend says that his version has this part at the end that always cuts out.
If I recall correctly, the song is cut off on purpose. ^^;

Jarrod
05-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Now why would they mess it up like that?

archangeli
06-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Monochrome is form the album "A". you could buy the cd or you can download it. it's odd that yours is cut off. ayu-mi-x 2 had this great remixed version of monochrome. i always like listening to it. you can also find it on "LOVEppears."

"I am..." was a good album. Great songs ^__^ i like "connected" i borrowed it from a friend but i wanna own it!

"evolution" is good too. LOVEppears is also a good album.

"rainbow" is a good album too. though it does not have the song "rainbow" on it. you must buy "A Ballads" to hear Rainbow. (or download it ^_^) :thumbsup:

i like" A Best" and the ayu-mi-x collections vol.4 (i think that's what it's called)

Ayu has a new maxi single coming out in July. there are 3 new songs, but i don't know the names. i think one of them is called "drift"

"duty" (the album) is also great to listen too.

Independent, whatever, too late, song for XX, surreal, and july 1st are really great.

actually, all of ayu's songs are good!

*ayu supporter* ^__^ AYU'S THE BEST! :bouncer:

KaineMaxwell
06-07-2003, 11:09 PM
I have her "Best" cd I bought last time I was in Chinatown.

Download her video for "Evolution" also!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-09-2003, 05:04 PM
well, I love her a lot. I plan to buy her latest CD's at Fanime...like Rainbow and Ballads. for me, my fav CD's of hers are:
Duty
Super Eurobeat Presents Ayu-Ro Mix
I am...
Monochrome
Best of...
Endless Sorrow
Ayu-Trance 1 and 2

Mia-P
06-09-2003, 05:32 PM
My all time favourite Ayu song is Surreal ! I love the video for that song too ^.^
Some other good songs are:

Rainbow
Audience
Trust
Too Late
Vouge
To Be
Heartplace
A song for XX
Kanariya
Unite
Appears