PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wants to make his/her own Chii ears??

Hitomi chan
04-16-2003, 09:11 PM
well well, I've made today my Chii ears, and I took some pics, maybe they'll be usefull for someone that think that the already made ears are too expensive, or can't get them for... any reason (like me :thumbsup: )

first you have to cut the material (I don't know the name of it, sorry) in this shapes
http://homupeeji.webcindario.com/orejas01.jpg

Then you make a cone with the pink part

http://homupeeji.webcindario.com/orejas02.jpg

and you glue it tho the white part

http://homupeeji.webcindario.com/orejas03.jpg

be sure to use an efficient instant dry glue, because if you use normal white glue... you'll have to wait with the ear in your hand till it's completely dry.

Hitomi chan
04-16-2003, 09:15 PM
it might look like fish heads when they're finished :thumbsup:
http://homupeeji.webcindario.com/orejas06.jpg

I'm going to attach them into a... thing that I've made with wire

http://homupeeji.webcindario.com/orejas07.JPG

this is my ear, a little blurry but you can see how it's gonna be attached into my own ears.
http://homupeeji.webcindario.com/orejas08.JPG

Tenjou
04-16-2003, 09:18 PM
How scary O_o

I was just searching for 20 minutes for Chii ear pictures and how people made them. Thank you! ^^

Hitomi chan
04-16-2003, 11:41 PM
you're welcome ^_^ if you need more pics just ask for them :)

Minako Kou
04-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Can you show a picture of the finished product? o.o;;

Hitomi chan
04-16-2003, 11:44 PM
yeah, I'll put the pic of the finished product tomorrow... when I already finish it :thumbsup: I was so tired today so I didn't finshed them, but tomorrow I'll continue.

Minako Kou
04-16-2003, 11:49 PM
OKi-doki, get some rest ^_^

Zeki
04-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Ouh! I wanna make chii ears now...I think I will ^^

Thanks for the instructions. ^_^

JacksUsername
04-17-2003, 12:51 PM
mmm, really good idea.. picture tutorials are always a plus when giving instructions...plus, a very clever way of making them inexpensive. Good luck and thanks!

scandia
04-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the tutorial. Very handy. Now I can make my own Chii ears instead of buying them.

I love the witty title of your web provider- means web neighborhood.

Chas
04-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Nice tutorial, it's how I made them, only I hot-glued them to a clear head-band, which is a great alternative as well (And easier on the ears.)

If I may suggest something, I reccomend using white buttons instead of circles cut out of the foam if you want the ears to stand out a bit. The buttons are inexpensive and are white, but have metallic shiny-ness to them. All in all, it cost me maybe $7 to make two pairs of Choibits ears. :3

Shampoo_so_cute
04-18-2003, 10:44 PM
thank you, oh goddess of chii ear making!!!! me and my friend we're rakcing our brains on how to make good looking chii ears. one question, can you do a tutorial on the hair beads? thats the one thing now that im flustered over. i see so many people using pink spools of thread which dries me nuts. i mthe kind of person who hates to wear soemthing unless it looks good and looks real. thats just me. (im not telling all you guys that your spool idea sux, im just really really anal!!!!) any ideas on what to do?!?

Shampoo_so_cute
04-19-2003, 12:48 PM
oh yea, heres another question, do you think you could put up a picture of the pattern. i mean something that can be printed out and traced on the foam stuff? that would help alot.

otakutre
04-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Wow, nifty! Thanks so much!

Angel Kat III
04-21-2003, 08:57 PM
All hail the goddess of chii ear making!!!
to make the bobbin thingys you could use model magic! that way they would be light and the proper shape/size! yes it is fragile but only if you drop them on the ground.
~Angel Kat III

P.S: PLEASE GIVE US A PATTERN!!!!! we would love you even more!!!!!!!!

katchoo
04-21-2003, 11:48 PM
I would just like to say that I think you have posted the best tutorial I have seen.
And hopefully it will help a lot of people. I am getting a pair of plastic ones from Cute Kawaii (that I can't wait for) but this is a great method for those on a budget.

Hitomi chan
04-23-2003, 02:14 PM
finally the autho or the thread appears :D :p I'm sorry, I couldn't get connected in many days.
I'M sorry for the pattern, I'll try to make one... is just that I'm not good with them... but I'll try to make one.
here is the pic of the finished product. I've realized that you'll may need something to stock the ears in the wig (or in your head). In the photo I used tape :p but you can use something elastic.

For the hairclips I used 4 rings, painted them ino white and put some pink foam inside the rings.... in the photo of the finished product you can see the things of the hair.

Angel Kat III
04-23-2003, 04:59 PM
I made my own chii ears! well... ear... instead of doing the folding and glue/stapleing... I molded it! out of 2 pieces of fun foam. last week (at Norwes Con) I went to a panel about making fairy wings, they told us that you could heat up the fun foam and mold it. So I came home and tried it... it works soo good but you have to play with it a bit to get it to look right. You can use any color of fun foam (I used green) if you prime and paint it later on.
the next step is to glue the pieces together (I used fake nail glue because I ran out of super glue... anything that drys fast) position the foam properly glue and viola!! Chii ears. I do have a pattern avaliable (but my scanner is broken...) if you want it e-mail me at chibi_kitty13@yahoo.com or you could just PM me and I will be able to snail mail the pattern and better instructions to you (don't worry about postage... its just a letter).

Hope I helped!!
~Angel kat III

P.S: Heres a picture of mine

Alisa
04-23-2003, 05:19 PM
I like the tutorial. Makes things easier for other people. *gives a box of pocky*

ChibiRinoa
04-23-2003, 05:36 PM
i used a method of cutting and gluing the foam so that the ears are 3-D, they dont pinch at the ends. they came out very cute if i do say so myself ^.^ ill take a picture of them soon

yunaffx2
04-26-2003, 04:57 PM
yea i would use foam also its a good idea...but how would you stick them on your head?

KittenPlush
04-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Wow! That was bunches of help. :) I always wondered how you made those... I'm gonna give my friend the link to this, she's gonna be Chi for our next (first) convention.

the_tennyo
04-27-2003, 10:06 PM
haha I wanna make some now, even though I don't think I will cosplay her...MAYBE I SHOULD for my second day of Animethon 10, for the first im going as Hyatt and competing...maybe I should go as Chii for second day just to have a cool costume ...I love you! Just kidding :D

neoangelwink
08-19-2003, 12:37 PM
wow think u ^_^ this really helps

Megumi-san
08-19-2003, 07:30 PM
*bows down and worships the chica magnifica quien vive en la Ciudad de Mexico who started this thread with her tutoral* GRACIAS CHICA!!! In 2006 (Yes, I have no life and have planned out my cosplaying costumes until 2008), my 3 younger sisters and I are going to be Persocoms (and ironically the two tallest, myself and Katie, are being the laptops Kotoko and Plum, lol :razz: ). The youngest two are twins and will be Chii and "Dark Chii" (hey, they're new to the series and I'm not gonna use her name until they reach that point in the manga) and we were JUST contemplating on how we were going to be spending a heck of a lotta money on two sets of Chii ears and hairpieces. Then, THIS shows up!!! Now I can make them, at least one pair (since I will eventually be Chii [in 2008/at prom] and kinda want plastic ears).
*the twins join in the worshiping*
I love my sisters. ^_^ Since I'm the only one who sews they're all at risk of becoming part of a themed cosplay. And since we have a set of twins, we can do look alikes/clones/re-incarnations/sisters easily, cuz even if they don't look exactly like the character, they're still cute (they're currently 11) and identical. ^_^ At least, that's what I keep telling myself since they're both blondes (yay! We don't have to buy Chii wigs!) and they're gunna be Kikyo and Kagome (from Inu Yasha) in 2005.

But I'm getting off track. Thanks again for all the help! (The spools for hair pieces is a good idea!!)

Kaori-chan
08-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Model Magic, my very best friend for cosplay accessories, seems like it would work well enough. How would you heat the foam though? Hairdryer, perhaps?

beverlyhills_bs
04-04-2008, 12:42 PM
awesome!!! I'll try to make my own Chii ears!!