PDA

View Full Version : Imbarasing likes

daria_jack
04-17-2003, 12:04 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes I really like some songs but it's kinda imbarasing to admit. For me right now, it's rock your body by Justim Timberlake. I don't like Justin Timberlake, or *nsync. I'm more of the anti-boyband type. I don't care if other people like them, but I just don't. I don't know about the rest of you, but do you feel this way about some songs. Okay, so it's not really imbarasing since I'm telling you, but it's still not "oh my god, it's JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!"

Am I the only one??? Tell me!!! Let's all come out! Let's be freeky, geeky, wierd together

Michi
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM
It's not just you. ^^; I know there's been songs like that for me, but they aren't coming to mind just now. But yes. ^_^; Haha, I know what you mean.

KANEDA
04-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by daria_jack
I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes I really like some songs but it's kinda imbarasing to admit. For me right now, it's rock your body by Justim Timberlake. I don't like Justin Timberlake, or *nsync. I'm more of the anti-boyband type. I don't care if other people like them, but I just don't. I don't know about the rest of you, but do you feel this way about some songs. Okay, so it's not really imbarasing since I'm telling you, but it's still not "oh my god, it's JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!"

Am I the only one??? Tell me!!! Let's all come out! Let's be freeky, geeky, wierd together

I think he's just totally a Jacko wannabe.
why listen to Timberlake when you can just go buy Thriller and have a much BETTER music experiance!!!???

IdatenMiki
04-18-2003, 12:13 AM
-_-'' your not alone in liking say only 1 or 2 songs by someone you accually hate. _-_,, i dispise alot of blink 182's new stuff but i like the girl at the rock show song... i love their old stuff though.

Michi
04-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Kaneda, that's totally not what this thread is about. ~_~

Not that I don't agree that Michael Jackson > Justin Timberlake. :P

ambitiousmiyavi
04-18-2003, 12:37 AM
Your not the only one. I was over my friends house and she was playing rock your body the whole time i was doing her hair. So it stuck with me and i asked to borrow her cd. Hey it happens. There is music out there that you would not be caught dead listening to, but sometimes you listen to it.

Ichiban Crush
04-18-2003, 02:07 AM
But does timberlake like to have the SAIXTH with little boys? Probably not.

pakachu420
04-18-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Michi

hey, i'd be embarased if i got caught listening to Michael Jackson.
^_^j/k

Spice Girls- i love some of their slower songs. they had really great voices when they harmonised

i bought a CD called "Fairy Heart Magic"
i liked the way it sounded, it had a kinda etheral/celtic type sound
to it that i really liked. cashier gave me a pretty wierd look when i bought it:thumbsup:

Jinx
04-18-2003, 03:09 AM
Michael is so much cooler and better thatn Justin Timberlake. Justin CAN'T SING. :P

KANEDA
04-18-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
Michael is so much cooler and better thatn Justin Timberlake. Justin CAN'T SING. :P

RIGHT ON, SISTER!!

KANEDA
04-18-2003, 03:24 AM

*ROBOT VOICE*
breach of protocol.
must stay on subject at all times.
must not inject any opposing thoughts

but seriously...
have you ever listened to THRILLER or Off The Wall all the way though?
Timberlake is SUUUCH a Jacko ripoff. right down to his hat and dance moves!

daria_jack
04-18-2003, 06:48 AM
To KANEDA:

I know Justin is a Michael wannabe, and he will never be as great as Michael. Michael is great! I love his music and I wish I could just på on his albums, but it's something about this song it makes me wanna dance, and jump around and sing it all the time. It's a special song. And trust me I've noticed what he does to be like Michael (and the rock your body video has some wannabe Jamiroquai dancing too). Justin said he wanted to be the new Jacko (like that's gonna happend), and I love to listen to Michael too, but it's this song (it kills me) I can't help it!

Help me!!! HELP ME!!!

pakachu420
04-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Micheal jackson was cool when he was black.
now that he looks like some kind of strange version of a gelfling thats had too much plastic surgury...i dunno.

i do still like alot of his old stuff though.

JustinCredible
04-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pakachu420
now that he looks like some kind of strange version of a gelfling thats had too much plastic surgury...i dunno.

Yeah but he still has and does make good music!

Lynzie
04-19-2003, 02:53 AM
On the topic... :P

I don't see why people should be embarassed by the music they like. ^^ Really, if you generally don't like a group but you like a few songs by them, what's to be embarassed by? :P I like the Backstreet Boys and NSync's first albums, but their new music isn't my thing. Am I embarassed that I still listen to that "crap"? Er... no, not at all.

^_^ I wish people would be more self-confident. Who cares what other people think of your musical tastes? ^^; They're yours for a reason!

Michi
04-19-2003, 02:56 AM

i do still like alot of his old stuff though.

It doesn't matter what color he is. He still has great music. His newest album Invincible does little for me, which is depressing, because I loved EVERY other song from every other album before it. x_x I've been a Michael Jackson fan for 12 years now. :bigtu: Hee. I'll never be embarrassed about that, even if everyone mocks him for stupid reasons. Probably jealous of his immense dancing and vocal talent. :3

daria_jack
04-19-2003, 08:13 AM
(Right now Rock your body is playing on MTV Nordic, and I was dancing)

It's not really about being embarased but the fact that you like something, that you usually hate. Sure Justin is a Jacko wannabe. I hate Justins music, I love Michaels. It's just to wierd. I'm usually not embarased about stuff I like (I've said public that I like Elton John, Spice girls and Digimon). But Justin is that perfect pop dude. He's in a boyband, he's dated Britney, he's not really a good singer, and personally I think he sucks. He makes bad music
And I "hate" him, I don't want to like his song. I can't control it, that's why it's wierd, and kinda embarasing

Ashurachan
04-19-2003, 09:16 AM
I'm not ashamed of it, because I'm ashamed of nothing. But I should be ashamed to like about any song by the Morning Musume ^^; (and especially Koi no Dance Site. I know it's silly and totally commercial, but it just makes me wanna dance)

JustinCredible
04-19-2003, 10:26 AM
People used to rag on me in Grade 8 for loving to listen to bands such as 'All 4 One', 'BoyzIImen' and the sort... liking 'Kenny Rogers' and 'Smokey Robinson'... I grew up on the soulful records of my parents so I've always had to deal with people ragging on my tastes.

As for Michael, I can't defend his personal life, but a bad MJ album is better than 75% out there... funny. MJ gets accused of all this stuff and it practically whipes out his career... RKelly is currently in the process of being convicted and their is proof that he is guily, but his last album sold very well...

makonurikoryoko
04-19-2003, 09:32 PM
^_^ hehe You should never be embarrased about music though I am somewhat hesitant sometimes to devulge my love for Hanson hehehe mmm guilty pleasures
I think that they're really good artists!
As for Micheal Jackson, I want 80's MIcheal back, or little chibi Micheal! I just love when he was tiny! Sooo kawaiii

daria_jack
04-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Yeah, 80s Michael rocked ^_^
Well we just have to blame it on the boogie

Michi
04-20-2003, 07:07 AM
Well we just have to blame it on the boogie

O_O

daria_jack, you are the best. *loves Blame It On The Boogie*

daria_jack
04-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Yeah, blame it on the boogie is fly

pakachu420
04-20-2003, 03:41 PM
It doesn't matter what color he is. He still has great music. His newest album Invincible does little for me, which is depressing, because I loved EVERY other song from every other album before it. x_x I've been a Michael Jackson fan for 12 years now. :bigtu: Hee. I'll never be embarrassed about that, even if everyone mocks him for stupid reasons. Probably jealous of his immense dancing and vocal talent. :3

i know it doesnt matter what color he is.
it just seems that he's been getting stranger and stranger as his skin gets lighter and lighter and his face gets more and more alien like. i still got respect for his musical talents its just that i dont thing they're as good as his old stuff.

daria_jack
05-01-2003, 07:50 PM
it just seems that he's been getting stranger and stranger as his skin gets lighter and lighter and his face gets more and more alien like. i still got respect for his musical talents its just that i dont thing they're as good as his old stuff.

same here, the old stuff , all the way from The Jackson 5/The Jacksons was good. No one can replace stuff like Thriller, Bad and Blame it on the boogie. Some of his new stuff is cool, but not as good. I've got Invincible and the songs are nice, but not as good.

That documentary was wired (the one with the guy following him around for some time). If you watch the one made by Michael he seem like a nice guy being pushed to do all that wired stuff. But in the other one by that dude, he seems like a complete psyco.

Personally, I think he's become this was because of his childhood and I think that deep inside he's still a child.

XLainoftheWired
05-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Thought this thread was about something, but as I read halfway through its about Wacko jacko... anyway...

Yeah, im kind of anti boyband, but I have been totally rocking the Justified CD, even though thats a STUPID name for his album. It's like going to Rodney Dangerfield for some cheesey pun for the album title. Other than that...

I originally thought it was uber embarassing to be singing along to the Sailor Moon theme song then going right to my Ramstein albums... but after making more anime friends, its ok.

Eventually I came to realize that I like just about all music and spread my horizons. Thats when I lost all my high school friends who were all uberdepressed goth type. "What are you listening to Dennis?" the guy who preferred to be called "Misery" would ask.
"Well, David, I just got the Michelle Branch album and it's pretty good!"
After he would punch me in the arm and throw my CD player 10 yeards away he would say, "ITS MISERY DAMMIT!!! How many times... :sigh: Here Dennis listen to this," he hands me his Tool cd.
"I have this already Misery, and how would I anyway? I don't think my cd player withstood that hurl you gave it."
"Well, I have 3 copies of it so take another... and I'll get you another cd player tomorrow..."

These were good times... :sigh: memories...

XLainoftheWired
05-01-2003, 08:32 PM
Personally, I think he's become this was because of his childhood and I think that deep inside he's still a child.::Raises a pocky cocktail:: here here

Mouse
05-04-2003, 11:30 AM
*steals pocky cocktail X3*

Morning Musume are awesome! *now has Renai Revolution 21 stuck in her head* Woooooooo! Love Revolution! o_o Um, okay, I'll stop now.

The songs I hate to love the most are probably all the happy pop songs from DDR and Dancemania. I just love Smile.dk's stuff and a lot of songs by Papaya... people look at you kind of funny when you walk around singing about pink dinosaurs.

positivespace
05-07-2003, 01:30 AM
Hi, my name is Cheryll and I'm a Justin Timberlake fan. LOL

Anyway, I begrudgingly caught onto the Justified craze when it was played during some choreography I was learning a while back. What can you do? The Neptunes (the guys that produced a majority of Justified) make some damn good beats to dance too... and I like the way Justin sings now.

As for embarassing likes... well, there's that Happy 2B Hardcore CD that I own... that one probably takes the cake, although I wouldn't say that I cringe or anything whenever someone mentions it. There are a ton of albums that I bought strictly for one song (back in the day before napster and mp3 sharing came about)... that's kinda embarassing 'cause there's so many of them.

Michi
05-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Wow, the Michael Jackson conversation continued here and I missed it? ^^;

If anyone saw his home videos special on Fox, you could see that he's definitely just a normal person.. but that he definately missed out on childhood, and it's affected him, along with all the press bothering him so much.. so he comes off a bit weird. x_x I really just wish he could be left alone. His intentions are nothing but good. He's indeed just a big grown up child.

Yeah I had to add that. I hate having to have a disclaimer whenever I try to tell anyone that I like Michael Jackson. o_x But because of it, I'm used to repeating that whole thing about him. ^_^; I won't say anymore! *runs off*

daria_jack
05-07-2003, 08:34 AM
No need to leave, it's nice hearing someone elses piont of view.
I agree with you Michi, the press should leave him alone and not ask for more all the time. I think I seems like a really sweet person, but the whole, kids at his house (you know what I mean) is a little crazy. The thing he said about adopting two kids from each continent is sooooooooo nice. Everyone with enough money should do that.

John Booty
05-07-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm not ashamed of any music I like, because I have awesome and broad musical taste. All the music I like totally rules.

Lately I've found even found an appreciation for Merle Haggard and Johnny Cash despite normally being very anti-country&western. :P

Originally posted by KANEDA
I think he's just totally a Jacko wannabe.
why listen to Timberlake when you can just go buy Thriller and have a much BETTER music experiance!!!???
Oh my god. I heard the Justin Timberlake album and it was honestly one of the worst things I've ever heard. It sounded like a PARODY of R&B.

And I'm not one of those militant-boy-band-hating types, either. So it's not like I was prejudiced against it. I'd actually heard the Timberlake album was good, and sounded like old Michael Jackson (which I like) so I was looking forward to hearing it. But it was awful. His singing was atrocious.

RevaChan
05-08-2003, 01:54 AM
::confesses:: I still listen to the Spice Girls... everyone of their songs... I know... I'm thinking about rehab.... they're totally not my style at all... I usually stick to one band (guess which ^_^ ) because honestly, they fulfill my musical needs but for some reason when I feel goofy, I blast both of the Spice Girl's CDs... I think it's the whole girl power thing... I dig that....

daria_jack
05-08-2003, 08:50 AM
Spice girls is not embarasing at all, I still listen to them too! XD

Same here John Booty, I heard that Justified was really good, but man he sucks

MrWonderfulToji
05-10-2003, 03:37 AM
I actually admit to liking an N'Sync song..
I was really into the song "pop" when it came out.. it has a great beat and was mixed by one of my favorites *BT*
hehe, I remember when I was at work, and it was a slow day, and Pop was playing over the store music channel, so I started pop n locking and b-boying :o
it was really embarassing, but my friends were like "dude! I thought I was the only guy ever who liked that" so it turned out pretty good.
Although when I listen to the Smile.Dk cd in the gym and take my headphones off... if Petit Love is playing, I get some wierd looks and lotsa space in the locker room..
sean

FF_Fan_Guy
05-11-2003, 02:06 PM
I don't think it's anything to be embarrassed about by listening to Micheal Jackson. He's got alot of great music. Sure he may seem like a weird guy with the not so but still latest stuff on t.v. about him. I'm sure he's a good guy if you met him. As for me, I'm not really embarrased about listening to her but alot of my guy friends rag on me for listening to Jewel. I like her music and it's good to listen to if you just want to relax. 'Sides she is kawaii!

pakachu420
05-12-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by RevaChan
::confesses:: I still listen to the Spice Girls... everyone of their songs... I know... I'm thinking about rehab.... they're totally not my style at all... I usually stick to one band (guess which ^_^ ) because honestly, they fulfill my musical needs but for some reason when I feel goofy, I blast both of the Spice Girl's CDs... I think it's the whole girl power thing... I dig that....

actually, i still listen to them too.
i'm not to much into their fast pop stuff
but i love their slower songs where they harmonize.

Romann
05-13-2003, 01:47 AM
Justified was just bad... I'm embarasssed to say I liked the Macarena... I thought I was the sh!t when I used to play that song...Now I listen to it and I cringe... I'm actually starting to like country A BIT. Shania Twain and Faith Hill...I guess it's kinda 'cos they are cross-over artists...*shrugs*

Dark_MooN
05-13-2003, 07:48 PM
and the rock your body video has some wannabe Jamiroquai dancing too

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

daria_jack
05-14-2003, 09:03 AM
To Dark_MooN:

Okay, maybe I didn't think enough before I wrote that, and dancing was prpbarbly not the right word. But that video definetly reminds me of Jamiroquai. Maybe I should have said backgrounds. But in some way the dancing reminds me of Jay Kay too.
Don't know why (can't remember the video)