PDA

View Full Version : Count Cain

Lyn
04-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Are there any fellow fans of Count Cain out there? It may not be as popular as Angel Sanctuary, but its just as good in my opinion. Kaori Yuki is a pure genius when it comes to manga. So, come on, show Cain some love here! ;_;

Kirschwasser
04-18-2003, 12:17 AM
*Dances and sings* Yeeess, finally, a Hakushaku Cain/Count Cain fan! I'm on God Child right now. I just read the last chapter of "Yuda No Seppun" act (which was in Hana to Yume 6/03). Yes, I do love the series, it's so twisted and such. ^_^
*Nods* Yuki-sensei is a genius. Where she comes up with all these ideas and plots, I do not know. Honestly, Yuki-sensei (besides Matsushita Youko, Shurei Kouyu, and Clamp) is my idol.

Lyn
04-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Yes!! *Glomps you* Lately God Child has been getting so sad with the whole Riff situation. Her artwork lately for God Child has been really gorgeous though.

*Agrees with you completely* Yuki-sensei never ceases to amaze me! She always does something in her storylines that is totally unexpected.

shiroi_yukiko
04-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Wow, I really have some catching up to do! I love love love Count Cain, but I'm severely behind. *_* Oops. I haven't even read most of the tankouban that I have (I blame it on cosplay, of course)... *slinks off*

Kirschwasser
04-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Lyn - Yes, about the Riff situation, it is rather sad. I can't believe it. I can't wait until issue 9/03, where the story shall continue again. I think Cain has gone a bit insane.
Oh yes, Yuki-sensei's artwork has been getting better and better. I love how she puts so much detail into everything. I don't know why, but I've become fond of Dominick. Oscar is funny. As for Alexis...grrrrr, that man is so evil. I can't stand him!

Lyn
04-19-2003, 03:42 PM
warumomo - o_o; Well, you really should read more of it! Its gotten really good lately though a bit sad at times.

Kirschwasser - Yeah, I've noticed that about Cain too lately. Its kinda freaky but at the same time I'm not really that surprised considering his current situation. Hm, Oscar continues to amuse me greatly. ^^; When he first came into the manga, I thought he was just going to be a side character for like a chapter or two but he's still there! lol And argh, I hate Alexis sooo much. -_-

slightlysalted
04-20-2003, 12:14 PM
wahhh~~~ *feels sad* i can't be hana to yume anywhere around here ;-; *has only read the older volumes, and the first 2 of god child* *long sob* ...haha i was looking for boy's next door at ota, but couldn't find it, so i got sad and bought count cain instead....stared at it that night, and my best friend and i got all addicted....tried going back to buy rest of series, but we ran outta money XDDDDDD

but wahh~~i love the series~ *must go cosplay now....*

.....on kaori yuki subject-----uhm....how exactly do you beat meine liebe? >> I'm so bad at love sims.....even worse when i can't understand what they're saying ;-; *wants to cosplay ludwig or camus o.o*

Lyn
04-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Effey - Yeah, Ota usually doesn't carry the harder to find manga but try www.voe.com I got my copy of Boy's Next Door from there. I actually only own the very first Count Cain book but I've read online scanlations all the way up to Red Ram 1 and on the Earl Cain ML there are some people that get Hana to Yume and have been giving us summaries and scans of the latest chapters of God Child.

O_O! You have Meine Liebe??!! LUCKY!!! *wants it so bad* But I don't even have the right system for it. Its for Game Boy Advance, right? I don't have that. Mou. I want to play it! Watch me go out and buy it just to have it and never be able to play. ^^;; lol

Kirschwasser
04-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Effey - Where do you live that you can't find Hana to Yume? I get mine from Kinokuniya in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles (well, when I'm visiting CA). I live in NM, but Kinokuniya lets me order from them every month. You can try to look on E-bay, but so many people bid too high.
Boys Next Door...you mean Shounen Zanzou? I also got that at Kinokuniya. So if you are in the LA area, go to dowtown Los (Little Tokyo area).
I have yet to see Ludwig Kakumei. I know it was in the Monthly Hana to Yume (July '02 issue), but I never got a chance to get that magazine. I would love to see the Ludwig stories (and the Count Cain "Sunday Solomon" story) made into a tanboukan.
Lyn - Yes, Oscar is so funny. Especially in the Castrato act, where he and Merryweather got hurt (in the Clemon Garden), and then he pulls her dress over her head, and she calls him a pervert (but he was only doing that to save her). I hated that Casandora guy so much.
And yes, Alexis must die! Why is that evil man still living, and why is he so bent on destroying his son? I wonder when Jezebel will get over his hatred for Cain.

slightlysalted
04-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Haha, i live in the middle of maryland....there's nothing here...>>
but i'll have to vigorously search kinokuniya the next time i go to nj....i'll force wesley to drive (and watch us crash into a parked car)
*hasn't read much with oscar* but i felt special that i recognized oscar from the earlier books. me: *trying to read japanese version* o-su-ka----osuka?...Oscar? ..hey, wasn't that the guy hanging around Cain's in the last few books?

Lyn---i don't really have meine liebe.....shhhh >> I have an illegal rom. XP

But if you want it, it's here:
http://www.game711.com/gba/english/show.php?id=85
There's the rom for it.....>> the quality is too good----so it goes really slow, and chops up the music for me. (which kinda sucks since I couldn't even realize that Eduard was playing a song until the main character mentioned it. O.o)

*points at buddy icon* yeah, random screenshot of her bad cooking skills.

Lyn
04-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Kirshwasser - Yes, Alexis needs to die. >_> He's gotta be probably the most evil villian Kaori Yuki has because man! The guy is really just a freaky madman!

Effey - Fwee! Thank you! I'm downloading it now though no clue if it'll work or not on my comp right now. I might be able to get it to work once I have this comp all fixed up. Though I still can't read japanese at all. ^^; But hey, I've played games like this before in total japanese. Granted, i didn't get very far. lol

*blink* You live in MD? So do I! ^_^ Though I'm closer to DC so there's actually a few places around my area that have lots of Anime goodies. Though good manga is pretty hard to get so I just get it online. Kinokuniya has a site though I think. Or at least I have a bag from them or something, lol. But there's also this one site called Sasaga or something (though I keep thinking it looks like Sausage) that has a lot of really good stuff but they take forever to send the stuff to you. It can be worth it though cause they have a lot of rare manga and artbooks.

Kirschwasser
05-24-2003, 03:11 PM
Lyn, have you read the recent chapters of God Child? Goodness, the story is getting more messed up than ever. *Laughs* It's gone a bit chaotic. (The last chapter I read was 37 in Hana to Yume 10/03). Grrrr, I hate Alexis more than ever and Riff is starting to piss me off. As for Mikeila, she's scaaaary. I can't wait to get Hana to Yume issue #11, because I want to know what happens. *Dang cliffhangers!*

Lyn
05-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Yes, I have been reading the recent chapters. Well, actually I'm just reading people's summaries, scans, and occasional translations that are posted up on the earlcain ML. Yes, its very chaotic and depressing! o_o! I actually rather like Michala. ^^; I don't know why but I do. I was sad when she got shot. ;_; I'm not exactly sure what issue I've read on because the people on the ML keep titling their posts differently so I'm very confused and then people start putting up stuff from chapters that happened a while back so I have to re-read a lot of stuff to make sure I know exactly whats going on, lol. ^^;;

Kirschwasser
05-25-2003, 05:51 PM
What I mean by Mikeila/Michala being "scary" is that she grew up reaaally quickly (in a span of 2 to 3 months). But it's probably Alexis' fault the way she is. He more than likely brainwashes her, as he does with everybody. As for Riff, I hope he gets punished by Cain. *Laughs* That's what he gets for being a traitor to Cain-sama.
I'm still learning Japanese, so I have to rely on translations sometimes. It helps me sooo much, thank God. ^_^ The site I go to is : http://www.aptoshs.net/~echan/index.html
I like the translations there the most. Actually, I only know of two Earl Cain/God Child sites that translate certain chapters. I wish there were God Child posters, I love the artwork so much.

Lyn
05-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that now. That was a bit strange but hey, with those Delilah people around her, perhaps not so strange because they're all very weird. o_o; I really hope though that there's a happy ending concerning the Riff thing because I really liked him and this whole change of personality is so sad. ;_; Though my theory is that this evil Riff and the good Riff are two different people. Uh, schizo, in a way, lol. Since in the manga said that the good Riff appeared when the real Riff was hypnotized but I wonder if there is a way that the good Riff still exists? *blink* Or not. ^^;

Oh yeah, I use that site too! ^^ And the EarlCain ML on yahoo groups. I just don't know that much about the earlier chapters of God Child. Just little amounts from what I've found online. I know more about the earlier books actually. And yes, there needs to be more God Child posters and there should be an artbook or something since there are definently enough illustrations for one.

Kirschwasser
05-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Yes, the people in the Delilah Society are really strange. All of them act so mean. I hope that they turn against Alexis one of these days, that way he can get a taste of his own medicine. I still don't understand why he holds so much power, all he does is sit in his "throne" smoking his pipe.
Oh, I liked Riff too. I thought he was so cool until he became the traitor he is. Well, about your theory, I was thinking about that too. He does seem a bit schizophrenic, and at times, it seems like he is drugged. I don't know. Also, I wonder about the grave/tomb/coffin that Cain showed Merryweather. I wonder who he's going to put in it. (I hope he puts Alexis in the coffin!) *fu fu fu* But back to Riff, it would be nice if he did turn good again.
Oh yes, an God Child artbook would be great! I'd buy it in an instant!
As for Yuki Kaori's other work, have you read the Ludwig Kakumei chapters? I haven't, but they sound interesting. (I read the translation to the "Sleeping Beauty" one). Once I saw a Hana to Yume magazine on E-bay that contained the three Ludwig stories, but I got outbidded. *Darn!*

xKaori
05-26-2003, 03:37 PM
God Child doesn't get enough attention. T.T

Lyn
05-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Kirsch - Yeah, I've noticed that too. Alexis doesn't seem to do much at all. Makes you really wonder how the heck he got that position in the first place. Hm, I actually was afraid that Cain had the coffin prepared for Riff (like Merryweather was wondering) but I didn't even think about Alexis. Oh I really do hope its for Alexis and not Riff. ;_; I haven't read Ludwig yet, mostly cause I can't find any translations for it, but god, some of the artwork I've seen is sooo beautiful. I know roughly what happens in the stories though.

xKaori - That is so true. Sad but true. ;_; We need to spread the looooove of Cain. *blink* Uh....maybe thats the wrong phrase to use when speaking about Cain though. ^^;

Kirschwasser
05-29-2003, 10:57 AM
*Laughs* Wrong phrase? Hmmm, perhaps, but it sounded okay to me. :D Yes, I'm just a tad bit surprised that God Child isn't well known. I thought it would be, since Yuki-sensei's Angel Sanctuary is so popular, you would think people would move onto God Child. Who knows, hopefully in the future it will get more recognized. And speaking of A.S., I still need to but the last 4 volumes of it! I've been dying for months, wanting to know what happens next. (Sandalphon is scary).
I also want to cosplay as Doll, because she's a cute chara, and I believe I would make a good Doll. I'm also planning on cosplaying Merryweather (the outfit she wears on the cover of Volume 2), but I would have to get blue contacts, and I'm scared of contacts!
Hmmm, yes, it would be nice if Cain puts Alexis in the coffin...after all, that dreadful man would deserve it. Even though Riff is acting like a jerk right now, it would make me sad to see Riff put in the coffin, because now I do believe Riff can be changed back into good! (He better!)

Lyn
05-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Be warned, the last few volumes of AS are very depressing. However, I wouldn't change a thing about the ending since I think it was very very well done and even though its bittersweet and there's a lot of depressing events, I really love how she ended it.
Oooh, when are you doing the cosplay? ^^ I'm doing Cain next year for Katsucon and Otakon. I was originally just going to do the basic outfit like on the cover of God Child 1 but I also like the outfit he wore on the cover page of Castrato so I might end up doing several of his outfits by the end of next year. lol. In fact I'm so obessesed with the idea of cosplaying him that I'm going to wear the outfit to my Prom. Heehee. The coolest thing is that my eyes and hair are both a similar shade to that of Cain, though my hair is longer so I'd either have to cut it or get a wig. ^^;
Yeah, I also think that there could be a way to change Riff back into the good Riff that we all loved. ;_;

Himemiya
05-30-2003, 02:42 AM
I keep hoping for Count Cain/ God Child to be made into an anime... *___*

I wish someone would pick Count Cain up for translation... right now i'm reading some scanlations, which are GREAT, but they're few and far between. ;-;

Kirschwasser
05-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Hmmm, depressing events in Angel Sanctuary...I've also read that it gets more chaotic and warped. Good, I like those messed up stories. Actually, I believe Yuki-sensei draws and writes nothing but those crazy stories. ^__^
I wish I could read those short stories she draws in the Monthly Hana to Yume. I think in Janurary, she drew something about a high school girl and a vampire. *Unsure*
Ah~, I honestly do not know when I would do the God Child cosplay. The only convention I know I can attend are the Anime Expo's in CA. Unless I strike it rich or find buried treasure, then I will be able to attend other conventions.

Lyn
05-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Himemiya - Are you reading the scanlations off of sakura-crisis.net? They're actually going at a pretty fast pace right now and are getting very close to the God Child arc. They just have to do Red Ram II and then its on to God Child. Also there are some sites that have translations but most of them are of random chapters and then there's http://www.aptoshs.net/~echan/MangaList.html which has translations of the most recent chapters.

Kirsch - The vampire story you're refering to was called Blood Hound. sakura-crisis is currently working at scanlating it in fact. ^^ I really hope they decide to do that for Ludwig Revolution too sometime. Ah, well, I hope to see some pictures of your Merryweather costume when its finished. ^^

xKaori
05-31-2003, 12:13 AM
OMG if you do a God Child cosplay, you have to send me a pic!! XD I plan to do Neji cosplay this year for Shoujocon for BAAF. ^^ People only notice Angel Sanctuary, and usually ignore everything else. T.T I like Shounen Zanzou, but no one seems to know that either. T.T

Himemiya
05-31-2003, 12:25 AM
LYN I LOVE YOU FOREVER ::attack with happiness:: I hadn't found either of those sites! EEE!!!! ::glomps::

Kirschwasser
05-31-2003, 11:43 AM
Lyn - Ah, really? Sakura-crisis will scanlate it? *Yay!* That's good, because I doubt all those short stories and stuff that Yuki-sensei draws will come out in a tanboukan. I wish they would, though. Oh yes, I would love for them to scan Ludwig Revolution! That would be most excellent. *Nods* Yes, I'll be sure to post pics of my Merryweather cosplay, whenever I get some time to make it. Hopefully I can cosplay as her at next AX 2004. I'll just have to see if I have the extra time and money. ^_^
xKaori - Neji cosplay? Wow, that's so cool! Oh, I have Shounen Zanzou. It's so sad. *sniff* :( That teacher was reaaally messed up.

Lyn
05-31-2003, 02:27 PM
xKaori - Aw, I love Shounen Zanzou too! And you're right, as much as I love Angel Sanctuary, it does kinda suck that none of her other titles get much attetion.

Himemiya - Your welcome. ^_^

Kirsch - Yup, they are getting scans from a person already so that they can scanlate it. ^^ They seem to be trying to scanlate the majority of her works actually. But you never know, if she writes a few more, they might come out as a tanboukan cause after all, Forgotten Juliet was pretty much a combination of short stories.

Oh, and a note to both xKaori and Kirsch and anyone else really. Next year at Katsucon, Effey (she's on cosplay.com too) and I are organizing two cosplay groups for the con. A Count Cain cosplay group and a random Kaori Yuki character group, in an attempt to get knowledge of her lesser known works out there. So far we have quite a few people interested in both groups. I'm going to be Cain for the CC group and probably Kaine for the other group. We even have a Lawrence now, just trying to find an Adrian for him. I've also got a possible Die. And we have someone interested in doing Neji for it. So it should be really cool. ^_^ Too bad we have to wait until February of next year for it to happen though. ^^;;

xKaori
06-01-2003, 10:57 AM
We should spam!!!! XD My friends aren't too crazy about Yuki Kaori's works except Angel Sanctuary. Sucks doesn't it?

Count Cain Cosplay!!! XD XD Well waiting isn't so bad. You can always have time to make sure the costume is perfect!! XD That's a good way to tell people about Yuki Kaori's other works. ^^ Just wondering...won't people think the CC cosplayers are just people who are cosplaying from Gothic and Lolita styles??

Kirschwasser
06-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Lyn - I wish I could go to Katsucon, but guess where all my extra money is going to? College and getting my wisdom teeth *shudder* pulled, so that means I'll be rather poor when I pay both things off. That is so awesome that you get to be in a Cain group!!
xKaori - People thinking that Cain/God Child cosplayers being Gothic Lolita folks? Hmmm, perhaps...especially in Merryweather's case. Her dresses look G.L., but then again G.L. is based off the Victorian Era, isn't it?

Lyn
06-03-2003, 06:31 PM
I don't think we would get really mistaken for GL. Mostly I say this because most of the people I know that do their own GL outfits at con, are often mistaken for anime/manga characters or asked what they're from. Plus, considering that we might have a rather decent sized group, people might notice that we're not just being GLs. I'm actually making a EGA thats roughly based on a mix of Cain and my own personality.

Kirsch - Ah yeah, I feel your pain there. I just get to go to Otakon and Katsucon every year because they're not really that far away from me. I also have to save money up for college and get my wisdom teeth pulled soon (NOT looking forward to that). As I can barely ever afford to go to cons that are outside my state, those two are the only ones I can really ever manage. ^^; Though I might be able to go to one down in Louisana this year if I'm lucky.

Kirschwasser
06-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Oh dear, so you are in the same situation I'm in: college and wisdom teeth. Ah, such a lovely combination, isn't it? ^_~ Let's see, if I didn't have to pay for the teeth, I'd probably be able to go to Otakon and Katsucon. *Darn* Oh well, might as well get the job done. It's better to get those cursed teeth out rather than keeping them in a bit longer and suffer from slight migraines. -_-*
Alright, back on track...how many people (so far) are going to be in the Cain/God Child group?

xKaori
06-07-2003, 11:00 PM
THE WISDOM TEETH!!! Ugh my brother got his taken out a while back and he was in pain. T.T I think I'm getting mine taken out this Monday. O.O;;;

Anyways remember to take lots of pics of the Count Cain group and other people cosplaying from any of Yuki Kaori's works!! ^^
Yes and people with a lot of money are lucky since they can go to cons outside of the state. T.T *wishes money would grow off trees right now*

Lyn
06-08-2003, 06:09 PM
No idea how many people are in it at this point, lol. Effey keeps finding more possible people. I think after we're done with Otakon, we'll start doing official plans for it.

Ugh, so not looking forward to the wisdom teeth. ;_;

I actually have my Kaine costume pretty much done. After all, it didn't require much, lol. I just have to get a black tie since I only have a red one right now. I would take pictures if I had a working camera, lol.

Kirschwasser
06-10-2003, 09:58 PM
xKaori - Oh, you too? *Slightly laughs* Stupid wisdom teeth...you would think that us humans would have evolved enough by now to where we wouldn't develop those cursed and useless things. Well, if you did get them taken out Monday (yesterday), I suppose you won't be on these boards for a few days. Hope you get better. ^__^
Lyn - For your Cain costume, are you going to wear one of those top hats? ^_~ I think those are so cool. That would be so cool if you had a Jezebel for your group, he is sooo pyscho.
I read some more recent God Child. Darn, I hope Alexis dies soon. *Laughs* Lovely thing to say, but he really deserves it.

arisuchan
06-11-2003, 06:56 AM
waaahh!! *huggles thread* I've hoped that there were more people around who loved count cain as much as I do!! I just finally got around to reading it in the past few months and I ate it up! So much so that in less than a week before Animazement this year I threw together a Merryweather costume *^^* Though it was so sad cause the general universe did not know who i was at all!! I carried Tarot cards around in hopes that, that would clue them off, but it really didn't work! Only one person knew who i was. I think if i had been called Chi one more time I would have screamed.

but this thread makes me very happy and maybe if it wasn't 7 in the morning, I would have something more intellegent to say. *falls asleep at computer*

Kirschwasser
06-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Arisuchan - I've seen your Merryweather cosplay somewhere in some gallery. ^__^ It's so cute. If I had been at the con, I would have recognized you as Merryweather, especially since you were carrying that stuffed rabbit. People mistaked you as Chii? Why would they, especially since you weren't wearing Persocon ears and hair "spools"? ^_^**

Lyn
06-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Kirsch - Oh yes! Most definently having the top hat! ^_^ Actually I now want to do at least 3 of his outfits eventually. I'm doing something similar to the outfit on the vol. 1 cover of God Child for Katsu and then I want to some day do the ones on the covers of vol. 3 & 5. ^_^ I really hope we find someone to be Jezebel! I have a friend who could possibly do it but it would be nice to have someone who knew more about the character than her. Perhaps Effey will find someone though. ^_^

arisuchan - Aww, I love your Merryweather costume! ^^ Yay for Cain cosplay! We shall MAKE them know about Cain. *nodnod* Hopefully my group will be a pretty decent size so that people will not be able to just ignore us. Mwa ha ha ha! We shall take over the con! ....or not. o_o;

xKaori
06-11-2003, 04:30 PM
YAY I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE MY WISDOM TEETH OUT!! (yet) LOL But I do have to get ready for braces. T.T Anyways... Gotta make Count Cain well known in this freakin world. MUST TAKE OVER CONS WITH COSPLAYERS FROM YUKI KAORI'S WORKS!! XD

Kirschwasser
06-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Yes! People must know about Cain! I would love to see they day where many people want to cosplay as Count Cain/God Child characters. ^_^ I can't wait to cosplay as Merryweather. I must do it next AX, or else...Let's see if anybody will recognize who I am whenever I do cosplay as her.

xKaori
06-13-2003, 06:00 PM
I will try to cosplay from Count Cain next year. ^^
No time this year since I just added two more costumes I wanna cosplay from. T.T Oh wells :D

Kirschwasser
06-14-2003, 03:54 PM
xKaori - What's T.T. stand for?
I recently made a list of who I want to cosplay as for future conventions. It seems I tend to want to cosplay characters from unknown manga and games. For example: Myoubi from Alichino and Rachael from Angelique. Or...the impossible: Diao Chan from Dynasty Warriors 3. :p

Lyn
06-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Yay! We must spread the Kaori Yuki goodness! Mwa ha ha!

Kirsch - T.T is an emicon thing. Its like ;_; In other words, its a crying face, lol. Oooh, I would love to see you as Myoubi. ^_^ I would be tempted to do a Tsugiri or Ryouko if I didn't have a tonload of other costumes already planned, lol.

xKaori
06-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Poor non-popular mangas/animes/games. Sucks doesn't it? Well.....got start making Michael's and Neji's costume soon. >.< The wings I feel are gonna be the biggest b!tch. Any ideas?

Lyn
06-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Ugh. Yeah. I have to make wings for Rosiel next year too. I'm going to try to convince one of my friends who has done it before if they could write me a tutorial on how they made theirs. I've gone to lots of threads about the subject and heard lots of methods but its still not enough info for me to figure out how to do it myself. x_x; So, if I find some more detailed instructions, I'll be sure to send them your way.

xKaori
06-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Thanks so much!!! But I think I'm also gonna try it on my own as well. If it's a failed attempt, then I'm gonna be Michael with no wings. It would look kind of strange though. Any idea how to get the tattoo on?

Kirschwasser
06-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Lyn - *Laughs at "T.T".* Wow, I feel super intellegent now. -_-* I should have known. I though they were initials for something. (That's what I get for staying up so late and trying to write on a message board.) :p Yeah, I really want to cosplay as Myoubi for AX 04. I'm deciding on which outfit to pick, and this time, I will start on it a.s.a.p (whenever I get the money). That would be so awesome if you cosplayed as Tsugiri and Ryouko! ^__^
xKaori - Hai~, poor unknown mangas/animes/games. As I mentioned above...I also want to cosplay as Rachael from Angelique. I do believe a lot of people don't know about this game/manga series. You're going to be Michael-sama? Cool. Oh, about the tattoo...I don't know. I think it would be impossible to do it oneself. Maybe somebody can do it for you?

slightlysalted
06-15-2003, 09:16 PM
wah~~ alichino cosplay~~~ (hmm....I should add that to my giant list of things to cosplay ^^;;;; there is an insane list right now.) Haha, yess, Effey and her random skill in finding random people to cosplay KY works. *laughs* Lyn, I could probably get you a Jezebel... ^^;;; and she probably knows a lot about cain considering that her scanlation collection is as big as mine. *laughs*

Arisu, your costume is so cute~I especially love the bunny~ ^^. hehe.

*goes back to trying to do homework* hm.....neee, gimme suggestions~what costume do you think my lawr should wear??
(>> addy is so lazy he can't decide)

Lyn
06-16-2003, 10:25 AM
xKaori - My friend who is doing Michael soon is having a friend of hers paint the tatoo on with face make-up. I suggest finding someone who has some experience with face make-up and show them a picture of the tattoo and see if they can do it for you.

Kirsch - Alichino cosplay would rock. I highly doubt I'd ever find the time though to do some. Though if some of my friends ever did a group, it'd be very hard to resist. ^^; Since I've got so many other costumes lined up though, I would only be able to handle something small.

Effey - About time you came back into this thread, lol. Yes. *bows at your feet* Your skills are great, o master of finding people. Yeah, it would be great to have a Jezebel! ^_^ Next time I see you online, give me an update on who we have so far for the groups and such since I've totally lost track, lol. Hm, for Lawr, well, I would say probably something similar to what he wears on the cover, which is pretty easy to do I think. Is he going to do the tattoo too?

xKaori
06-16-2003, 10:57 PM
I was thinking about getting someone to paint the tattoo on but then again, I dunno anyone who can draw better than me out of our group of friends. T.T Oh wells? Gotta figure out something quick. ^^ Keep this thread alive everyone!!

Kirschwasser
06-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Yes, we will keep this thread alive and make it go on another 20 pages or so! ^_~ I want to read the recent chapters of God Child, but I won't be able to until next Monday. I'll be in CA *yay* and I get to pick up my Hana to Yume magazines at Kinokuniya Bookstore in Little Tokyo. Good! I want to know what happens, all the chapters always end at some cliffhanger. I wonder how long God Child is going to go on. I hope it gets to at least 10 volumes. ^_^
Hmmm, so now we are mentioning a bit about Alichino and Angel Sanctuary cosplay. Myoubi is a must for next year. I really want to be Doll from A.S. because I know I'd make a good Doll. But, if for some reason I can't be Doll, I will cosplay as Merryweather. I have too many people I want to cosplay as, and I'm having a tough time deciding who to be for next conventions.

Lyn
06-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Mwa ha ha, this thread shall never die!

Kirsch - Oooh, lucky! I would love to see you do Myoubi too. Oh and both Doll and Merry would be very cool. ^_^ I also have a hard time choosing as I want to do so many diff characters.

From what I hear on this thread, I'm guessing most of you haven't read the most recent chapter yet. I just read a summary of it off of my friend, Elffy's site and duuude, its a bit disturbing! Goes further into Jezebel's past and I really really feel sorry for him now. ;_; Once again, my hatred for Alexis has increased even moreso. x_x

xKaori
06-17-2003, 07:02 PM
LOL well I think a lot of us hate Alexis. No pity for him. ^^ Yes it's hard deciding who to cosplay as. So many people but so little time and money. T.T Money.................*^&%#^#$% I wonder where people get the money to go to so many cons, make their costumes, and buy anime stuff. Anyone know where I can get any Hana To Yume magazines that came out in the past?

Kirschwasser
06-18-2003, 09:54 AM
*Fu fu fu* Yes indeed...this shall be the thread that never will die. It is immortal! ^_~
Yeah, I haven't read the recent chapters. I think the most recent Hana to Yume is #12...#13 coming out in Japan in 2 days. The recent HTY I have is #11.
Goes further into Jezebel's past and I really really feel sorry for him now. ;_; Once again, my hatred for Alexis has increased even moreso. x_x
Jezebel's past...what did Alexis do to him? (Don't tell me!) Aaaah, I can't wait to pick up the magazines at Kinokuniya!! I can't wait to find out.
Stupid Alexis!!! That evil, awful man! The more chapters I read, the more I despise that despicable man. I wonder why everybody listens to him? I hope at the end of this series (whenever that may be), that Cain, Riff, and Jezebel get rid of Alexis all at once! (Well, if Riff does turn good again and if Jezebel ever accepts Cain.) It's all Alexis' fault that everybody is messed up.
Hmmm, xKaori, about HTY past issues...the only place I know is e-Bay, but you have to be careful because sometimes the seller can rip you off. I don't believe shipping should be $6 for just one magazine, because when Kinokuniya ships my magazines by UPS, it only cost about $7 for quite a bit of magazines (I also get Sho-Comi, Asuka, and Lala. Now I'm running out of room on my shelves!) -_-* And sometimes, there's a lot of bidders on the HTY magazines, and I've seen it go up to $16 once...just because it had a Fruits Basket furoku. (I think that's ridiculous!)
Wait...I think Aestheticism.com sells past HTY issus. They update the magazine catalouge every month.
I wonder about that too...people going to a heck lot of cons. They must be rich? :p Or have a really good job or something...I can barely afford AX. *laughs* I would love to go to a convention in some other state...I want to see what the East Coast looks like.

xKaori
06-18-2003, 10:23 AM
I wanna go to the West Coast!!! They have so many conventions unlike the East Coast!! T.T
Kirschwasser - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I feel like Fruits Basket is starting to become over rated. It's good and all but I'm not paying that much. LOL How much is HTY orginally? Rich....Maybe I should get more jobs. LOL

Kirschwasser
06-18-2003, 10:38 AM
West Coast...good ol' Pacific. I love the ocean...I miss it...I can't wait until I leave for CA this Friday. *Freaks out because I still haven't finished my Xenosaga costume*. Where I live (NM), there isn't any water here, except for the river (which the poor thing looks like a creek now). But...it rained yesterday...a lot! I was so happy but then the power went out for 8 hours. :p At least it rained though, because darn...the land needed it (there has been a lot of forest fires lately).
Let's see...HTY is 280 yen, so...it's about $3.65 or something of the sort. About Fruits Basket, I do like it, but not enough to go, "OMG, I must buy that rare magazine because it has a Furuba stationary set". I've noticed...the people who do like it only know about the anime. I've never seen the anime (and probably never will) because I'm quite content with the original manga series itself.
Yeah, lucky rich people. *laughs* My job is alright, but in between paying for college, wisdom teeth *shudder*, and making costumes...I only have about 25 cents left. ^_~ Maybe I'll just rob Tom Cruise...he shouldn't mind, he has over $20 million after all.

Lyn
06-18-2003, 11:53 AM
I want to go to a con on the west coast too. ;_; Mainly AX and I almost got a chance to go this year. Blah. Ah well. I might be going to a con in Louisana because the actual con is free and my friend will let me stay with her and maybe even help me get the money to fly down there. I need a job though. ^^; It could really really help me out here.

Kirsch - Actually I thought #13 was already out since I've already read a summary someone did on it. Tomorrow God Child book #6 comes out in Japan, so maybe thats what you were thinking about. But yeah, #13 is the one with the little bit about Jezebel in it.

xKaori - Mou, I'm actually a rather big Furuba fan myself. ^^;; Ehehehe. And that almost sounds like something I would do except I would be all "waaaiiii GC and Furuba! Gotta have! *_*" And even more so if it was a really old issue with Yami no Matsuei in it too. But I'm just crazy like that. After all, I get my Fool's Mate issues (J-Rock magazine) for like $14. x_x;; (this is also why I only have 2 so far, lol) So that HTY price seems extremly cheap to me, lol.

And yeah, I'm also one who hasn't gotten to read the manga yet just because I can't get my hands on any and the scanlating and translating sites that are doing that one confuse me and I can never figure out what to read/download. I got in to it through the anime but I'm hoping to get some of the manga one of these days. Whenever I'm not spending all my money on Kaori Yuki items, lol.

Kirschwasser
06-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Oooo, various topics to discuss now...okay, here it goes:

God Child - *Heh heh* Oops, my mistake...I mean Hana to Yume issue #14 (6/20). Yeah, #13 was already released in Japan on the 5th of this month. Hopefully #13 will be at Kinokuniya when I'm there. I'll be sad if it's sold out. ;_; I hate missing issues of HTY, especially when God Child is in it!!!
Fruits Basket - Yeah, I like the series, but I only know of recent chapter. I actually haven't read volumes 1-9. When I'm in Los, I'm going to get volumes 1 & 2. I have so much Furuba furoku, it's not even funny. All my furoku is sitting in a nice big pile in my cabinet. ^_^ It's just too nice to use...I only have one God Child furoku though: Clear bookmarks. Believe it or not, Tohru is on my list to cosplay. :p She'd be easy for me to cosplay...I have brown hair and eyes like her, and my hair is the same length, and I even have bangs, so problem solved.
Yami No Matsuei - What happened to Matsushita-sensei? The last YNM chapter was in Hana to Yume issue #1, 2003. And it was only 9 pages! *sobs* I wonder if she's burnt out on drawing...I hope now. And...where the heck are volumes 12-14??? I know she's drawn enough to make those volumes.

Lyn
06-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Oooh, would love to see you do Tohru. ^_^ I almost thought of doing a Yuki but I would make a horrible Yuki. x_x; My face just wouldn't look right with his type of hair and plus, too many costumes already, lol.

Yeah, a few friends told me about that. I'm only at volume 4 in the manga so I haven't gotten that far but it really saddens me to hear that. Its like she just suddenly stopped writing. No one seems to know why.

But yeah, back to the thread topic of CC...lol. I wish I could buy HTY so I could get GC. I just have to settle for reading online trans and summaries and the occasional scan. It sucks being poor. Well, I'm not really poor just that I can't afford to spend my money on anything but cosplay and con related matters right now.

xKaori
06-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Yea I'm poor buying anime stuff wise. LOL Money is usually for cosplay though. So don't have enough to spend stuff on anime. My mom usually pays for it!! XD *hugs mom* Get your parents into anime. It makes life easier!!! ^^

Also this is off the topic but I'm curious...When people wear wings do they attach the strap underneath the costume or over it?? Or do they cut holes in the back of their costumes for the wings?? x.o;;;;;;

yuzuriha
06-20-2003, 06:54 PM
I THINK THEY MUST USE A ROPE TO TIE THE WINGS AROUND THEIR SHOULDER...SO THE WINGS JUST LIKE CLOTHES CAN BE PUT ON...IS IT?

xKaori
06-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Okie dokie back to the Count Cain topic.
Jeez I'm slow. LOL I just found out that Riff is the Tower of Arcana. Maybe I should really start buying Hana To Yume magazines. Finding this out almost gave me a heart attack. >.<

Lyn
06-24-2003, 10:32 AM
xKaori - Yeah, that part of the manga rather surprised me too. Though I read it when it happened in HTY since we get updates pretty regularly through the yahoo earl cain ML. *blink* I just downloaded that clip link you gave in your signature cause I was curious. That was....interesting. lol ^^;;

I'm happy cause Effey informed me a few days ago that we now have a Jezebel for our Katsucon 04 Count Cain group. And I think I've convinced my friend into being my Riff. ^^ So, the only main characters that we're missing are Cle, Oscar, and Alexis I guess. o_o; And well, we still have a lot of other optional characters open, like the rest of Delilah. (One of my friends is doing Michaela but she doesn't know if she can go to Katsu) And we got a pretty good turnout for our random Kaori Yuki group too now. Might even have an Angel Sanctuary group too at the rate we're going at, lol.

xKaori
06-24-2003, 11:42 AM
YAY!!!! I dunno who would wanna be Alexis though.. o.o; *stabs Alexis* >:D Remember send piccies!!!! XD

Yes that link is interesting. But I got a good laugh out of it. ^^

Lyn
06-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah, would be kinda freaky if we did have an Alexis. o_o; I'd be like the whole Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader, Shinji/Gendo thing all over again. lol Hm, wonder if they'll permit whips in the con center? lol Though maybe that would be a bad idea since I'm being Cain and I would be the one being whipped. x_x *runs away*

slightlysalted
06-26-2003, 11:03 PM
XDDD Sorry Lyn, I'm not skilled enough to find you Alexis ^^;;;;;;
...unless if they wanted to do teenage Alexis.....^^;;;;;; he'd get mixed up with Cain, but oh well~ XDDD
nyuuu.....i feel so cain-less because i haven't gotten around to reading the rest of god child yet ;-;
*goes back to lurking*

Lyn
06-27-2003, 10:00 AM
*drags you out from lurkdom* No lurking! Lurking bad!
That's alright, I don't think we'd ever find someone who'd want to do Alexis. Even if we did, that would be semi creepy and I'd hide from him most of the time, lol. We have the "main 4" so thats good, cause those are the most likely to be recognized and all.

xKaori
06-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Waaaa!!! I finally read Blood Hound. -.-;;; I hope she makes the next chapter soon!!!! XD Loving it so far!!! Ok now I gotta read Gravel Kingdom. ^^

Cruelty Fairytale was very weird...... o.o;;

Lyn
07-01-2003, 10:07 AM
^_^ I loooove Blood Hound. I don't think she's planning to write anymore though since it sounds like she made it out to just be a single one-shot. ;_; I wish she would write more of it though. We should make a petition or something to get more, lol.

Gravel Kingdom is also rather good, espicially considering it was like the first one she ever got published so its kinda old but still good. Heh, I liked Cruelty Fairytales too, but then again I haven't found a title by her that I didn't like yet! lol The only ones I haven't read are Neiji and Ludwig Revolution.

xKaori
07-01-2003, 11:59 AM
WAAAH!!! BLOOD HOUND CAN'T BE A ONE SHOT!!! She left a cliffhanger. T.T

Gravel Kingdom was pretty sad.. . I haven't read Ludwig Revolution either. >.< I have to get time to read Neji but I'm reading her other works. Stupid me. LOL

I don't think there are any works by Yuki Kaori that I hate so far too. XD

Lyn
07-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Are you reading the sakura-crisis scanlations for Blood Hound? Cause they put them up in 3 individual parts and the first one had a cliffhanger but the ending was pretty much a clear ending, even though it left it open for possible more. But yeah, I want KY to write more of it too cause there are just so many awesome characters in it. ;_;

xKaori
07-01-2003, 11:09 PM
Yep I had to get the scanlation since I couldn't find the HTY mag that had Blood Hound. T.T Unless a korean translated one was released which I doubt. >.<

xKaori
07-05-2003, 11:31 PM
God Child 6 is out!!! EVERYONE GO OUT AND BUY IT!! XD

Lyn
07-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Wai, I know. And I can't buy it yet. ;___; Ah well. Maybe they'll have it at Ota and I can buy it then.

I finally got to read Neji! So now I know who X is! ^^ I'm loving it so far! (hasn't finished reading it yet) Wish you could come to Katsu though since for our random KY group we have a Neji and a Release and it'd be awesome to have a X as well. Mou. Ah well.

xKaori
07-06-2003, 04:06 PM
T.T I;m not rich. If I was I would go to Katsu.... I wonder how ppl get the money to go to all these cons. O.O;;

Anyways if they don't have it at Ota, I could buy it and send it to you.

Lyn
07-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Aw, oh well. After you do the costume, maybe I'll print out a picture of you and give it to our Neji so you can be there in spirit. O_o; Ok....perhaps thats a little too odd.

^_^ Fwee, that would be so nice. Though I might be able to find it at Ota. Its actually more of a matter as to whether I get that far cause I want to buy all the older volumes first. (I only currently have Forgotten Juliet ^^; )

xKaori
07-06-2003, 10:17 PM
O.O;;; Whatever they don't have at Ota, I'll gladly send. XD

Kirschwasser
07-10-2003, 06:23 PM
I'm finally back. Woo-hoo, AX was so fun. ^__^
In CA, I got my hands on Hana to Yume issues 12-14, and good God, this story just gets crazier and crazier, doesn't it? *Laughs* I think it's funny when Merryweather "scolds" Mikeila. *Sighs* Jezebel is one warped man. Alexis really likes to screw everybody's life up, doesn't he? *Sniff* The G.C. chapter in HTY 14 was sad. Did you guys read any of these chapters? I don't want to write anything to spoil it for anybody. ^_^

Lyn
07-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Welcome back, Kirsch! Good to hear you had a good time. ^^

My friend Erin translates (or sometimes just summarizes) the current issues as they come out so I get to read them pretty quickly. And sometimes someone on the ML will put up some scans too. And yes, things definently are getting a bizarre lately. I'm loving every minute of it though. ^_^

And yeah, 14 was sad. ;_; Erin has 15 but she hasn't put up the summary yet. She just said that there's a note at the end saying that 16 will be the begining of the end of God Child. Of course...I thought the begining of the end was a few chapters back. ^^;; lol

xKaori
07-10-2003, 10:31 PM
It's ending!?!? Awwwww.... T.T Hope there's a good ending. ^^

Kirschwasser
07-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Lyn - Yeah, I had a great time at AX, even though when I see pictures of me, I cringe. *Scolds self* I really have to work on better posing and facial expressions! I'm so embarassed of myself. *Hides*
*Ahem* Anyway...HTY #16 being the beginning of the end of G.C? Oh no, what to do! *Laughs* Well, then there are going to be 8 volumes. Good. *Nods* Well, now that Alexis has gladly destroyed many lives, I think it's about time his life is about to be destroyed. *Oh ho ho ho!* Cain just has to win...I know it! Er...I hope...knowing Yuki-sensei, she is know to twist stories around. But no, Cain is going to prevail, because that would be so messed up if Alexis lived!
Well, I guess I won't cosplay Merryweather for AX 2004. I already have two outfits planned...Myoubi and a custom EGL. If my friends want to do Xenosaga again, then I'll probably go as Miyuki!

Lyn
07-14-2003, 11:18 PM
Yes, Alexis needs to get some type of punishment for all the stuff he's done. x_x He needs to diiiiieeee, man.

Btw, I'm all excited cause well, I remember once in the manga they mentioned that Cain's eyes aren't really gold but a certain shade of green and from what I've seen, it appears to be brown-green hazel, which is the same color of my eyes. I was about to be all ranty at Yuki-sensei at the fact that I've never gotten my eyes to look gold until I looked in the mirror this morning and when the light hits them a certain way at a certain time (my eyes will sometimes be more green, sometimes more brown, this only works when they're mostly brown) they looked goldish. o_o;; So I ran around going "I have Cain eyes!" lol ^^; Of course, probably no one will be able to tell at all when I do the cosplay unless I point it out and knowing my bad luck, I won't be able to create the effect ever again and no one will believe me. ;_;

Kirschwasser
07-15-2003, 11:26 AM
*Smiles merrily* Wow, that's so cool that your eyes are like Cain-sama's! ^__^ Ah~, you mentioned that probably know one will be able to tell when you cosplay Cain...that reminds me...my eyes are a light brown, but when I see the pictures of me online, my eyes look black. Okay, that's okay for Chii, since her eyes are dark in the manga, but it does not match when I was cosplaying Kirschwasser from Xenosaga. But~, that's sooo cool that your eyes can change colour when there is a certain type of lighting. I wish my eyes could change colour a bit.
I can't wait to see the Cain cosplay, it's going to be so awesome!
Speaking of Yuki-sensei, I finally finshed reading Angel Sanctuary. You were right about it being bittersweet and having depressing events. Sandalphon was one scary guy. I was starting to get mad at Sara, but I realised it wasn't her fault (they way she was behaving). I loved the ending. I thought, "Awww, no, A.S. is over!" It's a great series.
*Nods* Hai~, evil...awful Alexis!!! *Pushes him down the stairs* Sorry, I couldn't help it...I acted awful myself there, but he deserves it. ^_~ I'm sad the Mikeila is gone now, I had begun to really like her. Oscar is funny. I wonder if he's really going to stay true to his word and marry Merryweather when she gets older.

Lyn
07-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Well, I never really worry about eye color when it comes to cosplay. My eyes are dark so its good for all the J-Rockers I do and I would kinda like to maybe get contacts for Cloud some day or maybe some for Noin since he has violet eyes etc. I just lucked out with the eyes thing for Cain, lol.

AS has such a good ending. It made me cry a lot but it was good. So yeah, we're all anticipating the ending of Cain though do understand its not going to end in the next chapter, just the next chapter is quote "the begining of the end" so there's still a few more chapters left so no idea when it'll actually end but we're all preparing tissues. 'Cause man, this manga has seriously affected me a lot, just like AS did when I first read it.

Us obessesed Count Cain fans on LiveJournal have been finding ways to cheer ourselves up over these depressing times in the manga by these little insane RolePlay sessions we've done on AIM. If any of you guys are interested reading it, its on my LJ in 3 parts here:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rose_of_pain/115470.html#cutid1 - part 1
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rose_of_pain/116705.html#cutid1 - part 2
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rose_of_pain/123488.html#cutid1 - part 3

There's also a Count Cain Fanfiction Archive now located at http://www.hiddencache.com/cain/fan/ if anyone is interested. They've got a contest going on right now. ^^

Kirschwasser
07-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Ah, contacts...I'm actually a bit wary of wearing them. My friends who wear them say contacts can be irratating and can sometimes scratch the eye. Besides, they are too expensive~!
Preparing tissues for the end of God Child...darn, I hope something bad doesn't happen. Just as long as Alexis dies, then I'll be glad, but if anybody else dies, I'll be really sad. Yeah, the manga affects me too, when I first read it, I thought, "This is going to be an awesome series", and it truely is. Yuki Kaori is such a genius...it's amazing that she comes up with all these complex stories, and not only that, her artwork is beautiful and detailed.
I clinked on the part 1 link you posted, and I thought the G.C. conversations were funny. Poor Cain-sama, everybody wants to go after him. I'll read the rest another time...after I recover from my...Wisdom Teeth. *Sigh* Yes, tommorow is Doom's Day for me. Oh, I can't wait to get knocked out and wake up feeling extrodinary pain...heh heh...right. -_- Oh well, when it's done...it's done. No use sweating bullets about it. *Smiles*

Lyn
07-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I'm a little wary of contacts myself. Don't know if I'd ever use them for anything but it'd still be cool espicially since so many cosplayers are using them nowadays.

Alexis better die. I'm going to be sooo upset if he doesn't at least die or something. x_x; He's just so evil, man. And I'm glad you enjoyed the silly conversations so far, lol. I'm MegamiNoAnime in that btw.

Eep, I wish you luck with the wisdom teeth. I've got that coming up sometime soon too, though I think we're doing it sometime after Otakon, which is good.

xKaori
07-18-2003, 12:10 AM
ALEXIS BETTER FREAKIN DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
Those convos are long. x.o;;
If Cain dies, I'm gonna be one pissed off girl. >:O
Everyone pray that she makes a good ending!!! ^^

Wisdom tooth.... Haven't still taken them out yet. But I had my pre-molars removed and it hurts after 4 days still. T.T

Kirschwasser
07-19-2003, 09:35 AM
I'm back, and...feeling like schiesse. *Laughs* God, at least I got it done. It was really painful the day the teeth were taken out, and yesterday I was mostly asleep due to the painkillers. I'm doing a bit better today, but I'm feeling a bit drowsy, and my jaw is still a bit swollen. I asked if I could keep the teeth, and I was only able to keep the top teeth since the bottom teeth had to be broken out. *Twitch* Man, the teeth are HUGE! No wonder it was painful. But I'm glad it's over, although this slight bleeding, aching, and swollen stuff is annoying. -_-* I probably won't heal for another week or so. *Sighs* But, it's not as bad as my brother said it was. Thank God for pain killers. ^_^
Yeah, I'd be mad too if Cain is killed off. That wouldn't be right at all. Because if he is...then what was the point of the whole story? *Shakes head* I'm still going to believe that Cain will prevail. I'll be angry if Oscar dies, though, because he's funny. Argh, I'm feeling really messed up (dizzy) right now...I better get off. Man, I need to get HTY #16 so I can find out what happens next...

Lyn
07-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Eep, I feel sorry for both of you guys that currently in pain. Well, the week before Otakon, I have to go talk to these people about the teeth and then it looks like I'll be getting them pulled soon after the con. Ack. Then I gotta somehow magically finish stuff up so I can finally get my learner's permit. Pfft.

Getting back on topic...I don't think she would kill Cain off because that would be a rather disapointing ending. I don't think he would kill himself because he wouldn't want to leave Merryweather alone. So, if either Cain or Merry die, I'll be very very upset. x_x; I'll be sad if any of the other characters (besides Alexis) die but I won't be actually angry since I know that Yuki-sensei has a tendency to kill characters off and its almost kinda become a part of her style. ^^;;

Kirschwasser
07-20-2003, 11:53 AM
I'd actually be sad if Oscar died, because I am very fond of that character, because he's been a loyal friend to Cain all this time, and if Merryweather does get married in the future, she should marry him. Let's see...what if Riff was killed? I'm not sure if I'd be sad or not. I still don't like the way he's acting...as if he were a cold, emotionless statue. But~, if he were killed, I'm sure Cain would be very sad, since they used to be so close. You're right Lyn...Yuki-sensei does kill of quite a few characters...I wouldn't be surprised if she did rid of Riff.
Let's see...what about Jezebel? Even though he is so corrupt, I wish that he would just accept Cain as a brother and they would get along. Stupid Alexis...it's all his fault for ruining Jezebel. After reading those chapters of Jezebel's past, I could not help but feel sorry for him.

Lyn
07-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Oscar does provide a lot of laughs. I'm rather grateful for his existance because this manga would be even more depressing without all the humor he provides. I think once Merry gets older, that it would be kinda neat if she married Oscar but that's up for her to decide, lol. I'd be sad if Riff dies whether he's still good or still evil at the time because I really loved Riff and I was quite depressed when he turned evil. I'm really hoping there's still a way to get the old Riff back. And I also feel really sorry for Jezebel. I've grown a bit fond of him lately too. Really the only character I dislike is Alexis, lol.

Kirschwasser
07-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I'm also hoping Riff will turn back to normal...even though he is acting dreadful. Last night I was looking back through my Hana to Yume magazines, and I had almost forgotten the chapters where Clehadol (I think that's how you spell his name) makes Cain disguise himself as a woman. ^_^* Poor Cain...that ugly Mayor guy actually thought he was a woman, and Oscar was laughing at Cain...wishing he could have witnessed it. I really need to buy volumes 5 & 6 one of these days. Even though I have all the chapters in the magazines, I like to collect the tanboukan's anyway. Besides, the art looks cleaner when it's in black and white. ^_^

Kirschwasser
07-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Okay, I was wondering the ages of the characters in God Child. We all know that Cain is 17 and Merryweather is 11 or 12, but what about the others? I figure Oscar is a bit older than Cain, maybe 18 or 19? What about Riff or Jezebel? I think that they would be in their mid-twenties. I believe Clehadol is in his late-twenties. As for Alexis...who CARES about that evil, creepy man who never seems to age!!! *laughs* This thought about ages came up in my mind a couple of days ago, and I thought I'd post it here to see what everybody else thinks.

sakurastar89
07-25-2003, 01:02 PM
I thought Oscar was 20 didn't he say there was a ten year difference between him and Merrryweather. Thats what I read in the Red ram arch.But then again thats as far as I read. ^-^;

Lyn
07-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Yeah, Oscar is indeed 20. Thank you for catching that, sakurastar89. I totally missed that part of Kirsch's message, actually. ^^; lol And then Cain got all upset at Oscar because of the age difference and it goes on througout most of the manga. Hee. Merryweather is actually 10, well she was at least at the first part or so but she might've turned 11 later. In fact, that makes me wonder....is Cain ever going to turn 18? lol Though since the manga is kinda ending soon, I guess we'll never know. I was kinda hoping he would turn 18 around the same time that I am so that I could even be the same age as him. ^^;; I remember hearing Riff's exact age somewhere in the manga but I forgot, though my friend says there's a 11 year difference between him and Cain so that would make Riff...28? Yeah. That would make sense. The rest of the cast, I have no idea, lol.

Kirschwasser
07-26-2003, 09:55 AM
*Laughs* Well, I'll be just gosh darned~! The only age I have right is Cain-sama's? *Laughs again in amusement* I didn't know Merryweather was that young! And Oscar-san is 20!?!? Wow, he is way older than Miss Merryweather then. It'll sure be a long time before they get married. ^_~ Riff is 28 then...wow.
I've never read any of the tanboukan's before God Child, except for Kafka. I really need to get the other Count Cain manga, that way I can know a bit more about Cain and the others. ^_^ Yeah Lyn, you're right...when is Cain going to turn 18?! It seems like more than a year has passed throughout the entire series. Unless he has, and Yuki-sensei just didn't mention it...:p

Lyn
07-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Well, then again, I dont' think Setsuna ever got older in AS. But then again....time in Assiah was kinda frozen throughout most of the manga so I guess that can't count. lol But if things EVER get happy in God Child, it would be kinda nice to have an issue where Cain has a birthday or something...but I don't see that happening really since she said the end is coming up and it's obvious this is going on a one track depressing road. -_-;

sakurastar89
07-26-2003, 12:18 PM
It's going to end? That kinda stinks 'cause I wanna read more Cain. Yeah that would be nice if they did something like Cain's birthday or something like that.But, Lyn, you're probably right about it going to be depressing.

xKaori
07-26-2003, 08:23 PM
I can't see Cain's birthday happening... o.o;
Well, we'll just have to wait and see what else Yuki-sensei has in store for us. ^^; Maybe she'll add a twist??

Kirschwasser
07-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Ah~, Lyn, you are absolutely right...I also believe that the last act of God Child is going to be rather depressing, considering the recent events that have happened in the storyline. The last act was really sad. xKaori...who knows, perhaps she might add a twist, she's been known to do that. ^_~
The other day I couldn't help but wonder this: After God Child, I wonder which type of series she'll create next. Oh, I'll be so sad when God Child is over, just like I was sad when Angel Sanctuary ended. Speaking of Angel Sanctuary...how old is Setsuna supposed to be anyway? Same with Sara, too. *Laughs* I'm always wondering how old the characters are, for it is never mentioned in the series at all. Well, if it did, I sure missed it! ^_^*

Lyn
07-29-2003, 11:22 AM
sakurastar89 - Yeah, at least God Child is coming to an end soon. Don't really know if she meant that just God Child is ending or if this is the end for all of Count Cain. However, considering the most recent events in God Child, I think it's going to be the end of Count Cain cause I really don't know how she could continue the series much further after it.

xKaori - Knowing her, there will always be some type of twist, lol. If not, I'd be a bit disapointed, I must say. ^^; I don't really see Cain's b-day happening either...but at least like a mention of the fact that he's a year older now! Maybe a depressing scene where Cain realizes he's now 18 yet know one even knows his birthday or something like that. ^^;; Wishful thinking.

Lyn
08-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Mwahahaha! I'm bringing this thing back to life. I am now back from Otakon and recovered though I'm still working at putting my pictures up.

At the con I finally bought a bunch of the manga. I got Kafka, Red Ram 1 & 2, and God Child 1, 5, & 6. I would've gotten more except my friend Jamie pulled me away and told me not to get any more. -_-;

But anyways! I did a ghetto Cain outfit there for my EGA thing (it's in costume list now) which will eventually turn into a full Cain costume designed after the one on God Child vol. 1 at Katsucon. There was also a Michaela cosplayer at the con!!! However, I thought she might have just been an EGL that looked like her so I didn't ask. ^^; Effey did ask and found out she was in fact Michaela! ;_; She got her picture but hasn't gotten to scan it in yet. I was so sad that I didn't go up and ask her. I really should've. Ah well.

xKaori
08-14-2003, 02:01 AM
Did you buy the top hat? If you did how much? LOL I want a top hat... T.T

Why not get anymore mangas???? o.o;;

Looking foward to completed Cain outfit!!!

Lyn
08-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Yup, I bought it off a friend for $7. ^^; lol

I wanted to get more but my friend pulled me away, telling me not to spend anymore money on it. x_x;; I still had like $40 left over too.

Kirschwasser
08-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Oh yes, this thread had been so silent for the longest time, hasn't it? I still haven't been able to get HTY #16. I want to find it soooo bad...I really want to know what happens, plus...on the front cover of the magazine is Cain-sama himself!
Wow, that's so cool that somebody cosplayed as Michaela! Which outfit was it?

Lyn
08-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Ne, if you can't wait to get the latest issues but still want to know what happened, my friend Erin does summaries and translations: http://www.aptoshs.net/~echan/Hanatoyume.html

I think the cosplayer just did the outfit from the cover of vol. 4.

Kirschwasser
08-19-2003, 06:13 PM
*Clicks on link* Ooooo, I like the splash page for the chapter. It's a bit torturous to read the summary and not have HTY to see the artwork. :p I should just order from Kinokuniya anyway, but I'm not sure if I will have enough extra money. (Damn those cursed, expensive college books!) *Sighs* Alexis just doesn't give up, does he? As I always say: "Die Alexis, Die!" *Laughs rather evily*

xKaori
08-20-2003, 01:16 AM
OMG when is he gonna finally die!!!?!?!?

I hope Cain kills him. ^^

Lyn
08-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Sorry that I've been a bit MIA on here as of late but I got my wisdom teeth finally pulled on Monday and I'm still in a lot of pain because of it. *whimper*

Well, I've been following God Child this way for quite some time since I can't even get the HtY issues. ^^; And btw, #18 is already out and I heard it's centered on Riff and then no Cain in #19 but I think it comes back in #20 or so.

And yes, Alexis really needs to die and die soon. ;_; Either Cain or Jezebel need to kill him, man.

xKaori
08-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Well at least we can find out more about Riff than what's already known.

Got it pulled?! Ouch!! I'm still waiting on mine. T.T

I finally got my God Child furoku today. XD

When (or if) Alexis dies, I hope Riff and Cain will be together again. ^^;; Hypnotize Riff!!! XD

sakurastar89
08-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Grrrr.. dang you Alexis, hope you die! Whew got that out of my system. A weird idea popped in my head a couple of weeks ago.Now don't hurt me for saying this,but what if they made Count Cain into an anime. Weird huh? It would be interesting.Again don't hurt me!
*crawls under a turtle shell*

Lyn
08-27-2003, 09:59 PM
xKaori - Yeah, I was in a lot of pain for several days and it's been over a week now but I'm still not completely recovered though I'm no longer in pain and can talk a lot more. I still have to eat soft foods though. Blargh. Uh, what's a furoku? It sounds awfully familar but I'm drawing a blank here.

sakurastar89 - Actually, I've thought of that myself too. While the Angel Sanctuary anime never went anywhere since (from what I heard from a person who has been into AS since it was first released in Japan) it didnt' seem to go that well with the fans, it did however get a lot of people (at least on the US side) into the manga from getting to see the anime and getting curious about it and what happened after the anime left off. So, I think a Count Cain anime would help make the manga get more attention and more people would know about it. Though I have no idea if it will actually happen. Now, don't quote me on this because I have no idea if it's true or not so I'm not going to say very much about it (plus, my source might get upset) but there is something about a possibility of an anime for it going on but no clue if it will ever happen, though I'm begining to think it probably won't. And like I said, that's just a rumor and I can't say anything more on it because I haven't seen the evidence yet that my friend claims to have and until I do, I won't believe it. ^^;

And for those keeping up with the most current chapters of God Child. Just today I found out what happened in Hana to Yume #18 and oh my...I don't want to spoil it but I can say that it's rather freaky and lots of blood, man. o_o And it looks like there's only going to be a few chapters left (I estimate 2 or 3) of God Child and that might perhaps be the last of the Count Cain series unless Yuki-sensei can manage a way to make another story after these events but I kinda doubt it with all the things that have happened in God Child. She could, however, possibly make a few stories about the time before God Child, maybe some more stories about Cain when he was younger like she did in the earlier books, where she mixed around stories and you would have various ones of Cain at different ages. But I don't really see that happening either, honeslty. ^^; It's just hard to believe that the series is actually going to be over. o_o;

xKaori
08-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Furoku is the goddies that come with the Hana to Yume magazines. ^^ Awww must read more..... T.T Craaaaaaap!! Only if I can get my hands on the mag....

Kirschwasser
08-28-2003, 03:09 PM
xKaori - A God Child furoku? Oooo, which issue is it in? And...what is it? *laughs* I only have 1 God Child furoku (Clear bookmarkers). I finally got to order Hana to Yume 16 and 17. *Happy* Now I get to see what happens! I would order 18, but Kinokunyia won't get it until next month, so I'll wait until then.

Lyn - Oh, you got your Wisdom Teeth pulled! Welcome to the club! *laughs* Yeah, I remember when I had to eat soft foods...it really sucked! I was starving the whole time and I couldn't eat anything but ice cream and soups. Oh, so the summary for #18 is up? I must read it...and get angrier at Alexis. Lots of blood, eh? I hope it's Alexis getting murdered. (Yeah right, that demon seems like he'll never die.) *mutters* Stupid, creepy, ugly evil man...

Lyn
08-28-2003, 04:50 PM
xKaori - Oooh, awesome. Wish I could get HtY so I could get those things. ;_;

Kirschwasser - Yeah, I got them pulled ^^; but I'm healing so it's good. The first week sucked though. x_x #18 isn't up yet, I just know the girl that does the summaries (Erin) and she posted a little quick summary of it in her LiveJournal so that's how I know. She was supposed to have put the summary up last night but I don't see it so I"m hoping it'll go up some time today or tomorrow. And no, Alexis is still alive, unfortunantly. *blink* Ne, I just realized, is that a new Alichino image for your Avatar? Or is it an old one and I just haven't been paying attention. ^^; Just wondering because I really want to read more of it and haven't heard anything about book 4 being out yet.

Kirschwasser
08-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Oh, so the summary isn't up yet..that's okay, I don't mind waiting. I'm grateful that somebody even summarizes/translates the series. ^_^ Ah, my avatar? Let's see...I think I've had this avatar for about two weeks or more. I got the image off this Italian site and modified the picture so it can fit the avatar standards. I don't know what volume it's from. I only have volume 1 (I recently found and ordered 2 & 3...finally!) Hmmm, yeah, I wonder why volume 4 has been on hold for such a long time. I wonder more about Shurei Kouyu and if she's still drawing?

Lyn
08-31-2003, 09:03 PM
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hanieh/185915.html#cutid1 Heehee. Check out this illustration for chapter #44, HtY #18, part 3 of Godless. Cain's NEKKID! ^_^

Kirsch - Hmm....I've never seen that image before and I know it's definently not on any of the cover art for 1, 2, & 3. I certainly hope she's still writing Alichino too.

Kirschwasser
08-31-2003, 10:47 PM
*O_o at picture in the link* Why...he is, and...next to a really smug looking Riff too!!! *Just what is Yuki-sensei trying to say!?* :p *Different thoughts arise in my mind* Oh ho ho ho! Magazine #18 you say? Well, I won't be getting #18 'till next month. (I already mentioned that above, did I? I did...oh, well, I'll be darned...) Heh...gotta love Yuki-sensei!
Oh, so the Myoubi picture isn't in any of the volumes? Hmmm. Probably one of those special telephone card pictures. I've seen quite a few beautiful Shurei Kouyu art (non-Alichino) that she's done for novel front covers and such. I really wish some company or something would make Alichino posters...that art is so gorgeous. Same with God Child...they need to make G.C. posters too!

xKaori
09-01-2003, 01:00 AM
O....M......G......
*gets yaoi thoughts*
Man they should make a poster of that!!! XD I wouldn't mind buying it ^^

Yes they must make Alchino stuff!!!! Maybe the editors (or whoever) didn't give the author a deadline to hand in her work maybe?

Kirschwasser
09-02-2003, 03:07 PM
*laughs* A poster of Riff & the naked Cain?! *Oh oh ho!* If I wanted a God Child poster, it would be from this splash page that shows Cain lying down (holding flowers) with many more flowers strewn around him. (I know, not a great description. I would say what issue of HTY it was in, but I can remember at the moment.) If I find a site with that particular picture, I'll put up the link. ^_~

Lyn
09-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Yes, that image of nekkid Cain brings forth a whole hell of a lot of yaoi thoughts. lol

Kirsch - http://www.angelicvoice.net/images/artwork/earlcain/EC-title-misericord.jpg Is this the image you're talking about?

Ok. HtY #44 summary is up on Erin's site. And OMG!!!! A lot of things happen in it and the plot is finally coming together and eeee, also means it can't last too much longer. But aiiieee! There was a scene that totally blew me away in there, totally didn't expect this...

[Cain leans forward grabbing Oscar's tie and pulling him towards him.Cain looks up at him teasingly.]
Cain: You fancy me, don't you, Oscar?
[Oscar blushes.]
Oscar: Eh...
Cain: Since if you were to come after me...I'd look down on you for the rest of my days.
[Cain releases his hold on Oscar's tie as he runs off.]
Oscar: ....!
Oscar: Cain...!!

O_O! So...Oscar really does like Cain in that way. lol ^^;; But I won't say anything more about the chapter, so as not to spoil it for anyone.

Kirschwasser
09-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Yep~, that's the picture! ^_~ I would love to have a poster of that. I could print it out, but that's a lot of black ink there. -_-; My ink cartridge would be empty after that.
I read the summary and...GOOD LORD, what the HECK is wrong with Riff? He's scary!!! Ooooh, about Oscar...I always thought he thought of Cain as a brother. :p

Tutu
09-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Lyn... that dialouge made my day. XDXDXD <33 Oscar, he rules so so much. Damn, I wish that I got HtY, for then I would indeed be a happy fangirl. Too bad I can't read Japanese... -.-

I still refuse to beleive that Riff is evil. Nope. Denial.

Lyn
09-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Well, I just saw scans from the next chapter, which just came out on Friday and well...something really good happened! But....something really sad happened too. ;_; I don't want to say anything so not to spoil anything and Erin doesn't have a summary up yet so we're not exactly sure what's going on but Riff fans will be happy. But the end of the chapter is really sad.

Tutu - I can't get HtY either. ;_; I just look at other people's scans, summaries, and translations to find out what's going on.

Kirschwasser
09-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Well~, Hana to Yume issues 16 & 17 finally came in by UPS yesterday. *Happy* That Justice woman is creepy. I hate Alexis' sadistic looks...oh yeah, Riff looks very evil on the last page of the G.C. chapter in Hty 17. I wish I had a scanner so I can show you. Kinokuniya is going to send me 18 soon. That means I can see how Riff acts.
*Smiles* In the upcoming issue of HtY, the furoku (freebie) is God Child stickers!!!! Yay~! *laughs*
Hmmm, something good & sad happening in the recent chapter. I wonder what it is. Riff fans being happy? Oh goodie, then that means Riff has turned to normal. (Shhh, don't tell me! ^_~) Or even better...Riff killed Alexis. (Yeah right)

Lyn
09-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Kirsch - Gomen....I thought it was a happy thing...but Erin told us a bit more of what happened and the dialogue that was going on and well...yes, Riff is back to being good...but....the situation is not good. I recomend having some tissues nearby when you look over 18. Erin should be getting her copy of it soon and will hopefully put the translation up with all the details.

God, I'm so depressed over this current turn of events. I'm just hoping that Yuki-sensei will shock us all and come up with a twist ending that will be a bit more happier than the way things look like they're going right now.

Tutu
09-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Wauugh. Good, Riff is, well, good. :D Meep. Please don't let Riff die, or I will cry. Then again, I probably won't read it for ages, because I can only read sakura-crisis.net scanlations, and they're on book 6 chapter four, I think. >.< Alas, I still love them. ^^

I would be perfectly satisfied with both Riff and Cain living at the end, so I hope at least THAT happens. *Hides in hole* Wah. Don't post spoilers though, or I will cry. Seriously. XD

Lyn
09-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Tutu - It's gotten pretty depressing but my friends and I have developed a few theories on what might happen in the next issue and that has cheered us up greatly. The next one (and we suspect, to also be the last for the manga) comes out on the 20th, which is this Saturday! Aieee! lol And no, I won't post spoilers though I feel like I already did kinda post one in here. *bangs head* I'm so bad at that! x_x

Anyways...I got my Cain wig for the cosplay I'm doing for Katsucon. ^^ I really like it. If you want to see it, it's in my gallery or just go to the link directly here: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=79914&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1 I still have to make the jacket and cloak for it but hey, I'm getting closer to having this thing done. ^_^

Tutu
09-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Ahh, it's okay, if you did, I'm totally oblivious. ^_^;; The last chapter??!! Man, that's exciting. *Would kill for Anime!Cain someday* Wouldn't that be awesome if this were an anime? Even an OVA. That would be cool. :D

Dude, that wig and that hat are PERFECT. O_O <3

Lyn
09-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Yeah, it would be cool if they did some type of anime for Cain. At least something like they did for Angel Sanctuary. I would love to see Cain all anime-ified. lol

*blink* I wouldn't say they were perfect but thank you! ^_^ I was originally planning on like buying this really nice $30 wig and a like $50 top hat but then I lucked out and got a top hat for $7 and wig for $13 that work just as well! lol ^^; Now if only the rest of the costume would be just as cheap. x_x I doubt that though unless I can find some good fabric on sale. Since I still have to make the jacket and the big cloak. ^^;

Kirschwasser
09-25-2003, 08:21 PM
I'll finally get Hana to Yume 18 next week. (Yay, I can see how horrible Riff acts.) -_-; God Child anime...hmm, that would be interesting. About Angel Sanctuary...I've never watched the anime to it, but I have seen some pictures, and I sure as heck did not like how they drew the characters, especially Rosiel. (It didn't even look like him!) But if a God Child anime OVA thing did come out, I'd buy it right away!! ^_^ I would just hope they drew the characters well. You know what would be awful? If they did make it, but they changed the colour of certain characters hair. (You know how some anime series will do that to certain chara's). I would scream if they made Riff with blue hair or something. *Laughs*
Oh yes, about my avatar, Lyn...it is from one of the Alichino manga's. It's in the back of volume 2. (I finally got Alichino 2 & 3 in the mail last week!)

Lyn
10-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Kirsch - Thanks for the info on the image. I was curious since I hadn't seen it before (and was hoping that maybe it was something new concerning the manga, ah well). I didn't think the OAVs were too bad, just they left a lot of important stuff out. It did serve as a nice way to get a lot of people interested in the manga though. Heck, that's how I found out about Angel Sanctuary.

Welp, the last issue is out now. The manga is over. I'm not going to say anything about it to avoid spoilers but wow. It's a bit hard to really think that it's all over now. What am I going to do to feed my addiction? Wai! *goes to work on her Cain costume* lol I guess that'll work for now. ^^; Watch me now fill up my entire closet with Cain outfits, lol.

Tutu
10-06-2003, 04:56 PM
It's seriously over? Um, avoiding spoilers...was it happy or sad? Or both? That's all I want to know, I can pretty much extrapolate from there. ^^

I would love for this series to get liscenced. Now that AS has been, maybe Count Cain isnt' too far off...!

Lyn, I can't wait to see your costume when it's complete! ^_^

Lyn
10-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Tutu - Yes, it's definently over. Eh, it was a bittersweet ending. I'll leave it at that. So, it was both.

Aw, thanks. ^_^ I can't wait to finish it either. I'm having fun with just the in-progress stuff already. lol I've wanted to cosplay him ever since I really got into the manga so this is a really cool thing for me. I even got to wear parts of it to a party this weekend on the same day the last chapter came out.

xKaori
10-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Whoa I missed out on a lot!!! O.O;;; God Child manga is finally over??!!? T.T Oh wells. That pic with Cain and the flowers? There's an artprint for that out. ^^

Can't wait to see your outfit!!!!
I wanna make one too!! Maybe sometime later in the future. ^^;

Kirschwasser
10-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Well, I changed my avvy. I'm probably going to change it again next week, because I don't like how this avatar looks. (I messed up on it in Photoshop & it looks like it is out of focus. ^_^
Anyway, I read through HTY #18 and now I can't wait to get #20 & #21. (Kinokuniya ran out #19. Darn!) I want to know the ending soooo bad. It's really tempting just to read the summaries on the translation site, but I want to be surprised when I get the magazines! All I got to say is that the woman in the chair (the one who is strapped down) sure is acting creepy. I wonder who she is.

Lyn
10-16-2003, 07:46 PM
*keeps mouth tightly shut so as not to give away spoilers* ^^;;

xKaori - Oooh, you definently should make one some time. ^_^ It's so much fun. I haven't even finished mine and already I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Kirschwasser - Nice avatar. ^^ But, who is it? lol

xKaori
10-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Isn't the person in the avatar Kana?? o.o;;

NOO!!!!
<~Doesn't have any Hana To Yume mags. T.T
SPOIL!!! >.<
^^;;

Lyn
10-19-2003, 01:55 PM
xKaori - Eh? Are you telling me you want me to spoil it for you? *blink* Because if you do, I can PM you and tell you if you REALLY want to know. ^^;; What was the last issue you read? I don't have the issues either actually but I have friends that scanned them for me and another friend who translates them all.

*Jibrielle*
10-19-2003, 02:57 PM
I have seen the art...but I haven't seen the manga..anyone know where I can get it?

xKaori
10-19-2003, 08:40 PM
You can buy them at Kinokuniya or http://www.kikiwai.com/ (good store ^^)

Lyn: I read from where ever vol 6 left off. Where Riff finally reveals he's a member of Delilah. ^^
Uh...e-mail??? Can't go online much anymore cause I gotta study for SATs. -.-;;

Lyn
10-19-2003, 09:17 PM
*Jibrielle* - I would recomend http://www.chibitokyo.com/ and it's listed under Earl Cain in the japanese manga section. ^^ There are also some scanlations online at http://sakura-crisis.net but support the actual manga as well if you download those.

xKaori - That place only carries the God Child arc though from what it looks like. What's your e-mail? I might not be able to get to summarizing stuff for you for a while though as I gotta remember everything that happened too, lol. Ah, SATs. I really need to take another one soon to get a better score than my last one. Bleh.

Kirschwasser
10-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Lyn - xKaori is right, it is Kana and I changed it once again! *Laughs* She's one of those visual kei j-rockers & I don't think she's too popular, but I like her eccentric music. Her style is awesome too & she sometimes models for the Gothic & Lolita Bible.
Speaking of Hana to Yume, I not only get it for Yuki Kaori's work, but also because I like the furoku. I'm not sure which issue (either #20 or #21), but it has God Child stickers! After a while, it does cost a lot to get the magazines twice a month, but I can't wait to read certain chapters!

Kirschwasser
11-18-2003, 01:48 PM
I finally recieved HTY issues 20 & 21 yesterday, so I got to read the last of God Child. I am so sad that it ended. Have you guys finished reading it? That way I can discuss the ending with you! ^_^ I wonder what series Yuki Kaori will start next?

Lyn
11-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Feel free to discuss the ending with me. ^_^ Yay, now more people are finally reading the ending so I don't have to worry about spoiling it for everyone. ^^; lol But we really should try to keep this thread spoiler-free.

Kirschwasser
11-20-2003, 03:28 PM
Oh...oh dear! How am I going to keep it spoiler-free?! Discussing the ending is definetaly going to be a spoiler for folks who have not read/seen the ending.

*****So people who have no clue what the ending is...do not, I repeat, do NOT read what I write below. If you do, then it's your fault & you can't blame me for "ruining" the series for you".*****This is your first and last warning. (I sounded like a police officer there!)

Okay...the ending. I was soooooo suprised out of my mind & so sad at the ending. It wasn't what I expected. *Yay for Yuki-sensei and her twisted endings!*
(On note: I am incredably grateful to the person who has translated God Child from the Hana to Yume magazines. If it wasn't for her, I would still be guessing about the ending. {I'm still not too good with Kanji!})

Back on topic...
Okay, so Riff was a schizo & he actually was good at the end. But it was so sad to see him dying & the fact that Cain died with him...well...let's just say I was sniffing sadly for a bit. *laughs in a meloncholy tone* Oh dear, I didn't think it would end like that. But...I am so glad Alexis died. Even though Augusta was in fact evil (I was completely surprised when she confessed to Merryweather), Alexis was still a bad man!

But what the heeeck...all this time it seemed like Cain's mother was this innocent, fragile thing because of Alexis, when in fact it was she who caused it all. What a messed up family the Hargreaves are!!!

How surprising that Merryweather is actually the child of Allegra & some servant man, instead of being the child of Allegra & Alexis. So all this time, Cain treated her like a blood-relative when in fact she was not related to him at all. Well, I got what I wanted: Oscar & Merryweather got married. Merryweather is so pretty as an adult! She & Oscar make a cute couple.

So, what did you think of the ending? I always get sad when a favourite series of mine ends. I wonder what Yuki-sensei will create next, being the genius at storytelling & artwork that she is.

Lyn
11-20-2003, 05:00 PM
And just like Kirsch says, yet another spoiler entry on the ending here, so dont' read below here either. (Though we really shouldn't do too many of these, lol)
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I personally really like the way it ended. Yes, it was sad but I think it would have been even worse if only one of them lived without the other. And I think the ending definently confirms the fact that they were in love. Bwah! Yay for yaoi-ish themes!

And you just have to absolutely LOVE that final color image she made. *_* I made an icon out of it on my LJ.

And yes, Erin is a goddess. ^^ (the one that translated the manga for us) She's awesome! Write her an e-mail sometime, she's a great person.

Right now KY is on a break for a few months but she promised us that she will be writing some more Ludwig Revolution in early 2004. We dont' know if that means she's just writing another chapter or if she's going to turn it into a series. She didn't say anything about what her plans after that are though. But man, I wonder what it was like for her to finally end Cain as she's been working on that for such a loooong time now.

Kirschwasser
11-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Yeah...you're right about that we shouldn't put too many spoiler posts. ^_~ But before I put some tiny input on the ending, let me say this: Yuki-sensei is going to draw more Ludwig Revolution!?! *Ya----y~!* You're right, she has been working on the Count Cain series since...1991!!!
****Okay. Some more spoilers below. Sorry folks, but I have to.****

Yes, I do love that colour image for the last chapter. It is so tempting to tear it out of my magazine, but I won't. ^_^ It looks like Cain and Riff were leaning into some kiss. *Oh ho ho ho ho* I wish Hakusensha or whatever company it is that Yuki-sensei is under will release a God Child artbook. ^___^
Yes, it was sad but I think it would have been even worse if only one of them lived without the other. And I think the ending definently confirms the fact that they were in love. Bwah! Yay for yaoi-ish themes!
Hmmm, I think so too. Cain obviously couldn't live without Riff & decided to go down with him. *Very touching* Yeah, there most definetely were some yaoi-ish themes indeed.

AngelYuki
11-24-2003, 02:19 AM
Himemiya, I don't know if it was said here, but http://www.sakura-crisis.net/ is a really nice place to get scanalations.

And because I'm lazy I'm not going to go through all the pages but I just wanted to say that (as I am terribly late to this thread) I have to agree, I wish they would put Count Cain into an anime. (Even if I am more fond of Bloodhound) Though I doubt that much of her stuff is going to come over any time soon. We're still too busy being in the emo-goth stage that we forget there is a real gothic out there and it is something amazing.

Then again I am cynical. ^^

As for the end.
*****Spoilers maybe**** I'm not very sure but better to be safe then sorry.

I think you're right. One couldn't survive without the other, and if they did they'd be miserable and broken, especally after everything that happens. You can see that starting to come out in force during Black Sheep and Kafka. (Kafka being Kain's feelings and Black Sheep being Riff's) Though is there anyone else who really thought that Merdrianne was a pain in the ass and needed to just cease to exsist? I don't know why but I just couldn't bear to like her.

I still need to see scans, but even without them I was sitting at my computer almost in tears. I don't even want to think about what I'll be like when I see the scans. Oscar I'm still a little off about. After all, his reasoning for marrying her is rather off. Then again at least she has someone to be with sinceshe lost the only thing that was left that was important to her.

:walkoff:

Lyn
11-27-2003, 12:01 PM
AngelYuki - If you want, my friend Hanieh has scans of the last chapter (and a few chapters before it too if you look back some entries) on her LJ here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/hanieh/199988.html#cutid1 You have to copy and paste the links to each page since she used geocities and the bandwidth goes out pretty fast too. But she does have them there at least if you want to see.

AngelYuki
11-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Lyn, thank you so very much. They're so beautiful.

xKaori
12-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Good Spoilers!! (in a good way ^^)
Merryweather looks so pretty!! XD

Must buy comic. LOL
<~falling behind in everything..
Damn SATs and college crap. >.<

Will this forum die out since the manga is finished?? o.o;

AngelYuki
12-02-2003, 01:11 AM
She is absolutly beautiful. And why should it. We could always go into speculation about the tidbits of the manga. She's good at leaving stuff like that just lying there to pick up ^^

Lyn
12-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Ack, didn't mean to abandon the thread. ^^; But I'm back now. And yesh, no need to let it die just because the manga has ended. There are plenty of other threads on finished mangas that are still going.

Besides...didn't I say it earlier? This thread shall never die as long as I'm around. Bwahahaha. Er, at least for a while longer.

Merry is indeed very very pretty at the end.

xKaori - Eh, you still want me to e-mail you about the plots of the last 2 volumes? Or has our talk in here satisfied that need?

xKaori
12-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Spoil some more!!! XD Into more detail. LOL

I finally found God Child in Korean. LOL
Stupid me. I already have the Japanese ones and my mom is gonna go waste money to buy the korean ones. >.> Werd.

Email plz. ^^

sakurastar89
01-02-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm back *evil laugh,evil laugh* well that was stupid. Anyway I only posted a few times on this board, and it's been such a long time since i've been on cosplay.com. *grrrr stupid exams* on to another subject I've done the unspeakable *gasp* I spoiled the ending of Count Cain for myself. *bad Sakura,bad.*is hitting herself with a squeaky toy hammer* on top of it i didn't even finish reading it! Wahh. Ok enough of my whining, what I can't believe is how it ended! *sniff* But you are right about Merry looking pretty in the end.

And I agree with you Lyn, this thread will never die!! *evil laugh,evil laugh, evil laugh* ^-^v

Lyn
01-03-2004, 11:27 AM
sakurastar89 - Thanks for reviving the thread. ^_^ I keep forgetting to do that....

xKaori - AH! I forgot to e-mail you again! x_x; I'm so sorry! I've been so busy though and I forgot how much of the manga I'm supposed to summarize for you. Uh, what point do you want me to start from? ^^;

xKaori
01-03-2004, 09:07 PM
It's ok!! I've been busy too a lot lately. o.o; First time I looked at the forum since I last posted. >.<
Can you summarize from vol 7 of the manga to the end?

*off topic - i got 1010 on the SATs. Kaplan was just a waste of money. LOL

yukitoLeonheart
02-02-2004, 10:02 PM
I, too am very interested in this series, I guess I would of never figured it being called Count Cain.....even though it says it in the description. What is this and the God Child series all about?

Lyn
02-03-2004, 11:14 AM
xKaori - Ne, I've been busy and I don't think I'd be able to get you any decent summaries. Besides, I'd probably just paraphrase what's on Erin's site. http://home.aptoshs.net/~echan/MangaList.html She's got translations of Oedipus no yaiba and Misericorde (vol. 7) and then summaries of the last several Hana to Yume chapters, going from part of Oedipus onward into Misericorde and Godless (vol. 8).

yukitoLeonheart - Heehee. Welcome! ^_^ Yeah, well, no one's really sure if its supposed to be Earl or Count. I've always used Count though since that's what I heard it call when I first got into it. And I just think Count sounds cooler than Earl. Even though I still prefer to call him "Earl of Poison" because that fits better. So, uh, yeah, not even really sure why I don't just use one or the other. lol God Child is the name of the last arc of Count Cain. There are several sections to it. The first book is Forgotten Juliet and is just composed of a bunch of short stories, only 3 of which are about Cain. Then there's Sound of a Boy Hatching, which is all about his past. Then Kefka, the first real CC story that takes up the entire book. And then Curse of the Red Ram vol. 1 & vol. 2. Then you go into God Child, vols. 1-8 (vol. 8 just recently came out so the series has finally ended)

Oh boy...how do I sum up one of the greatest mangas ever? (Well, in my opinion, at least. I can't say enough how much I love this manga, even more than Angel Sanctuary.) Uh, well, it's about a Count/Earl named Cain C. Hargreaves, who has a really bad past and a love for poisons. He's quite the morbid character and the entire manga is full of angst to the extreme but there are the occasional humor moments, mostly brought to us by the comic relief, Oscar. But anyways, Cain has this supposed curse of the Hargreaves always hanging over his head, often thinking it might be the cause of why he's always surrounded by death. But he does have some happy parts of his life. Like his trusted loyal butler Riffel Raffit, known simply as Riff. (Lots of implied yaoi hints between Riff and Cain throughout the manga, especially in God Child) Riff is about the only real friend Cain has ever had that hasn't died on him. And then there's Merryweather, his little sister that we meet in the 2nd book, Sound of a Boy Hatching. And then you've got all of Delilah, the evil people, like Jezebel, a Rosiel-ish looking character who's almost just as vain as Rosiel and is also a little on the insane side. There's also Oscar, first appearing in the Red Ram arc, who just kinda shows up and well, never goes away. ^^;

Well, I could ramble about the manga forever because as I said, it is my favorite manga currently. But I don't want to give away too much of the manga in case you get some time to pick it up and read it. Beware of looking through this thread though as we've got a few spoilers on the previous page since the manga ended not that long ago so we were discussing it a bit. sakura-crisis.net also has scanlations of the first several books and God Child vol. 1. So that might be a good way to check it out to see if you like it or not. And if you do, please buy some of the original manga and support our lovely Yuki-sensei.

And also feel free to ask me anything about the manga at Katsucon. I'll be cosplaying Cain on Friday late afternoon/evening/night. And I'll have a little group with me as well.

xKaori
02-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Sankyuu very much! I haven't been online much lately. >.< So the link helped out a lot! Still waiting for the last manga to come out. >.>

Off Tpoic (somewhat) -- Hope she considers continuing Neji. ^^

Visual_Kyoist
02-12-2004, 06:45 PM
I just bought God Child number 8... It's soooo sad!!! I almost cried!?!?! Poor Cain!! Why did he have to die!?!? Merry looked to nice and pretty but Oscar doesn't seem that much older.... I wonder if you'll ever know what their baby looks like.... O wellz... So sad...

Kirschwasser
02-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Oh goodness, I can't believe I actually have been neglecting this thread for so long. *Slaps self on wrist* Bad Kirschwasser! ^_~ Speaking of Yuki Kaori, have any of you had the chance to read the Ludwig Kakumei story in Hana to Yume? I wonder if she is going to continue on with it. It's crazy (like the rest of her stuff) but I still believe God Child is her best series. (I love Angel Sanctuary, but God Child is her series that gets to me the most.) ^_^

Lyn
02-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Meep. I haven't posted in here in a bit too.

Well, I'm back from Katsu. ^^ I got the rest of the CC manga that I didn't previously own so now I have it all! Mwa! *hugs GC 7 & 8* She added in new dialogue and a few new panels! o_o! I also got a God Child poster and pencil board. I wanted to buy the tea cup they had but I didn't have enough money at that point.

So yeah, got some new pictures in my gallery if you haven't seen them yet. A bunch of Count Cain pictures and some of Kaine and Neji for those that are familar with those titles as well. I love my Cain costume. ^^ I'm already planning on making some more in the future. heehee.

Flowery
02-21-2004, 05:48 PM

Lyn
02-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Flowery - Sorry about that. ;_; We tried to keep the spoilers hidden and put quite a number of spoiler warnings on the previous entries but sometimes its hard for people to remember that. Er, well, there's more to the ending than just that so there's a bunch of stuff you haven't been spoiled at. Because the actual events that happen to lead up to it are very important to the ending so at least you don't know all of it? ^^; Er, you should buy it anyways. ;_; Its such a good manga.

But yeah, lets try to remember to keep the thread spoiler free as much as possible. ^^; I hate to ruin the manga for anyone else who stumbles across here. Visual_Kyoist, could you possibly edit your entry a little so at least there's a spoiler warning? It would be much appreciated. Or maybe I should rename the title so people know there are spoilers in here?

Flowery
02-21-2004, 08:04 PM

Lyn
02-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Flowery - Well...uh...kinda. ^^; As compared to Angel Sanctuary, nowhere as much. Angel Sanctuary is still her most gorey work. Count Cain does have a bit but not as much as AS does. Mostly just with some of the experiments that Delilah does. But its mostly to show that there's a dark side to high society in that time, that not everything is just nice and peachy and many nobles aren't as they first seem to be.

GothPrince
08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Anybody Help Me !!
I Got a Friend Who's Got First And Second Volumes
And He Doesn't remember Where He Bought Em' (Well .. They Were A Gift .. :bigcry: ) I Want To Buy Them All But I Cant Find any Library Who's Got Them :bigcry: Please Can You Tell Me Where To Find Them ? Thanx.

(Sorry For My Spelling Im Not Fully English :S)

Ohh ... By The Way , I Live In Canada , Just For You To Know Thanx Alot !!

kiss_me_deadly
08-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Godchild volume 6 has just come out a couple of weeks ago! I'm getting so sad and worried for Cain and Riff! Only two more volumes left, I've enjoyed this series so much that I don't want it to end ;_;

elanems
09-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Ahhh! I started reading it, but then kinda lost interest :/ I had a HUGE urge to make Rukia's butterfly dress a couple of weeks back, though >.<;;;

Mehdia
10-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Godchild volume 6 has just come out a couple of weeks ago! I'm getting so sad and worried for Cain and Riff! Only two more volumes left, I've enjoyed this series so much that I don't want it to end ;_;

That sounds so much like me when I finished volume 6! I was sitting there going "Riff can't leave Cain! How dare they try to separate them!"