PDA

View Full Version : what day/time are you getting in?

Yui
04-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Hey, no one started this thread for ACen yet, and there's less than a month to go. ^_^*
If you guys know your travel plans by now, put them down here so everyone who's filling rooms or planning parties or just trying to meet up will know what days people will be around for. :cool:

Mizuho
04-17-2003, 01:43 PM
We'll be leaving early on Thursday morning (probably about 4AM, because we've got to drive seven hours.) We'll get there about noon. :)

Shine-Chan
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
We will be leaving mo at four in the morning Friday and should arrive at Rosemont by ten or eleven am. When we sleep deprived zombies arrive at the con it self is anyone’s guess.^-^

Ayaka
04-17-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm ALWAYS here . . . *makes creepy expressions* I mean, I live here, lol. XD Not staying in the hotel Thurs night, but may be out that way briefly; will be in the hotel thereafter, though I'm in the Sofitel across the street Fri night at the moment. *shakes fist and mutters about something* Ziggy and Moo are staying with me, so it's kinda ditto for them. ^^

Yumeko
04-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Well Nef, my boyfriend, possibally one other person and myself will be arriving sometime after 12 noon on thursday mainly becuase my boyfriend and I are on ACen staff so we Have to be there early. BTW look for me on the ACen Forum under the name Baika_Neko

SoulCrash
04-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Yumeko
BTW look for me on the ACen Forum under the name Baika_Neko

So you're Baika_Neko on the ACen forums, I guess you know what's my name on the ACen forum.

Anyway, I think I could be there as early as 9 am or as late as 5 pm. It depends if the staff needs if they need me to do some shooting before the con...

TurtleJill
04-18-2003, 02:05 AM
Well....me and my friend most likely will be there Thurs. for our Stuff. Then Friday around 4 when school is over for her and we get the hotel plans settled.

Irvy
04-19-2003, 11:57 AM
I'll be arriving on thurseday and staying with Ayaka at her apartment, then heading over to the hotel friday morning.^^

Nadeshiko
04-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Kristy, John, and I plan to arrive there at about 10:30ish PMish. ^^

Alisa
04-19-2003, 09:41 PM
track sectionals are that weekend...therefore I can't make it to Acen until noon on Saturday. I am probably going to miss a lot of stuff.

Jun_Kazama
04-24-2003, 07:56 PM
My plane leaves from RI early Thursday morning and I'll be in Illinois all day, but I'll be getting at the con on Friday morning probably.

venus2869
04-25-2003, 01:52 PM
We'll be takin' the Red Eye Greyhound outta Detroit at Midnight Wed/Thursday Morning.

From what the schedule says, we'll arrive in Chicago at 5:05AM. after then, we'll get the EL and take it to the Rosemont stop. More than likely, we'll arrive at the hotel by 8-9:00AM-ish.

Oh, if anyone wants to meet us at the bus station, plz let me know since I might have trouble with a package! I'm trying to bring about 20 2-liters of Faygo soda/pop with us!!

sefie_tilmitt
04-25-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm hoping to convince my group to leave St. Louis around 8am on Friday so we arrive in Chicago at noon. Does anyone know if this is a good time approximation?

Yui
04-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Okay, S_T, it's around 300 miles from St. Louis to Rosemont. Even if you don't stop at all (and don't get lost), you're going to run into a lot of traffic as you get up here. We've done that drive before, and it'll take a good 6 hours. So...er, that means getting started around 6 am if you're aiming for noon ^_^*

pyro anarchy
04-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Leaving Michigan sometime on Thursday and getting there around night time.

AngelSamui
04-28-2003, 06:45 PM
I won't be getting there until late Friday evening. I have two exams that day. *sob* Why?

At least ACen can be my reward for all the studying.

Special K
05-01-2003, 01:58 PM
For some stupid reason, I'll be getting it VERY early, around 7:30 am friday. AH well, THere's gotta be SOMETHING to do around there for a few hours....

Raider3
05-09-2003, 05:08 AM
The adventure for me begins around 03:30 AM Pacific time in California on Thursday, when the Mad Scramble through Bay Area Commute Traffic to SFO begins... I'm planning to be stuck in traffic for at least 2.5 hours, otherwise I'll arrive at the airport with A LOT of lead time. (And with my luck, I'll get bumped to a later flight...)

If my flight doesn't get cancelled, I'll be flying out of SFO around 10 AM California time, putting me landing at O'Hare around 4 pm, and hopefully to hotel between 4:45 and 5 pm Thursday evening.

I'll be around, most likely checking in with staff, getting my room stuff squared away, luggage stowed, and otherwise resting to get ready for opening day the next day. (I've been promoted in Con Ops... I'm not just one of the lackeys any longer... So, if I appear to be stressed, it's perfectly normal... This is Year Six staffing for me, been staffing since the beginning in 1998.)

carly579
05-10-2003, 06:45 PM
well 6 hours from St Louie is scary since that's the time I planned on driving and I'm about 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis. The drive isn't too bad though. My boyfriend used to go to SIU edwardsville and I made that trip all the time with no problems and avoiding traffic. I'm leaving from Jefferson City between 5-6 A.M. and packing snacks so we don't have to stop too much, but my boyfriend has to use the bathroom like every 10 minutes! Maybe I should make him pee in a mountain dew bottle ^_^

Lilli
05-10-2003, 09:28 PM
._. Wednesday night after work, I'll dash home and get my car... drive 4 hours up to NY, take a nap, then throw Jason into the trunk (or the passenger's seat, I havn't decided which yet...) and drive the 13 hours to Chicago, hopefully arriving sometime around... noonish on Thursday ^^;

Unless my Hibiki gene kicks in. And we wind up in Canada. In which case I'll be sure to buy a SARS mask with a little maple leaf printed on it.

Yui
05-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Lilli's a traitor? You were planning on going to AN all along! ^_-

Let's see. if my scheming goes correctly, I should meet you by noon on Thursday. Uh, otherwise, I might not end up there til about 6 or 7pm...er, but I will be there, so don't give up hope.

Lilli
05-12-2003, 04:43 PM
o.o; 7 hour time lapse! Do you posess the Hibiki gene as well? ._.;;

^-~ Or is it work?

Yui
05-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Nah, it's not work (altho maybe I should be sleeping in cuz I'll have worked too much Tuesday and Wednsday) -- it's the fact that Kat decided she won't be around to give me a ride like she promised to so long ago, and since she doesn't really care too much about the con anymore, she's not that desperate to get there as I. (Like she might show up Saturday or something...)
Anyway, my alternate plan doesn't see me getting there til the evening, taking into account traffic. I'll try to think of something else, too, but that was just a warning that maybe you shouldn't wait around in the lobby for hours or anything.