PDA

View Full Version : Bleach shinigami outfit

Nall_Dragonhear
04-20-2007, 12:10 AM
ok so i want to make a generic shinigami outfit, but im not sure how i should go about doing it, so could some one please give me a few pointers on how to make one or something? all help is most welcome and to those who help gain a +20 in deliciousness! :bigtu:

baka chan
04-20-2007, 12:44 AM
i'm planning on making one of these over the summer. i have a pattern for a bathrobe that i got at walmart, which i bought to use for the top of my haku costume (from naruto). that's what i'm going to use as the black top of the shinigami outfit, minus the trim. the part that goes across your chest, it's curved slightly on the pattern, but it'll just have to be cut straight for a shinigami top. that's nothing difficult. you can make a second top out of white fabric to wear underneath, or you could sew a white trim just around the inside of the edges if you don't want to make a second top. i'm not sure which i'll do as of yet.

the pattern was actually a set, and came with a pattern for basic lounger pants, like pj bottoms. my plan is to use this basic pattern, but make it wider, and leave cut-outs on the sides. leaving it wide will allow for the pleating of the hakama. hakama tutorials are available all over the place; just check a few out and see which one makes most sense to you. i'll be using a tutorial to get the pleats right, but that's about it. i'm just planning on winging it for the waist part that the sash threads through. i reckon this will be easier to sew if it is made separate from the pants, and attached on after the pleats are finished, and there is a hem sewed along the top to keep said pleats together.

i bought cotton broadcloth for this because it is light and holds creases well, and can easily be ironed.

oh yeah... if you do a google search for 'japanese zori sandal tutorial', you'll find one on ebay. i'm making some out of sisal twine from the hardware store. they're really easy to make, but i'll be hot-gluing flip flop bottoms to them for more traction and support. for the socks, i'm just buying white cotton socks, not sport socks, and cutting between the big toe and second toe, and stitching up where i've cut to make a separate toe.

i've thought a lot about this costume 'cause i wanted to do renji for anime north, which is in may, but it just ain't gonna happen that quickly! ^_^ i decided to take my time with it over the summer and to have fun with it.

if you check out the sandal tutorial and find that it boggles your mind, send me a message and i'll show you what i did. i don't follow directions to well, and i always end up altering them to something that works for me. ^__^

hope i helped, to some degree! :cheers:

Callesto
04-20-2007, 01:01 AM
In addition to baka chan's help there's also a lot of information in the big Bleach thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=45741). Just search the thread at the top for whatever you need - hakama patterns on the web, how the two tops are worn, etc!

Nall_Dragonhear
04-20-2007, 10:40 PM
wow, i was expecting short reply but this is so much better, thank ya very muchly:reverse: this info will be most helpfull as I have little experience with sewing and what not, so thank ya oh so very much:cheers: you all gain a gain a +20 in deliciousness!:bigtu: