PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Rad_Apple
04-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey you guys! ^v^
So i was sitting around yesterday (it was a rainy day, y'know the usual-freezing, pouring and just plain boring) and i dug up a stash of my old disney movies.
I watched The Little Mermaid, Aladdin & last but not least Pocahontas.
Is anyone just in love with Disney? xD

It's so cute seeing people at anime cons dressed up as Disney characters, i myself got all excited at AX after bumping into peter pan and ariel (i know! xD) so i got to thinking that i'd love to do a disney cosplay myself.

So has anyone found interest in the same thing? Or maybe previously cosplayed as their fav disney character? ^^

Hydraskylar
04-21-2007, 07:33 PM
yeah, i'd love to cosplay as a Disney character sometimes, I have so many favorites, but the costumes, for me, are just too hard to make. Btw, your avatar,is that you on the right? not sure what character and anime that is but you look like Storm in X-men :D

Rad_Apple
04-21-2007, 07:52 PM
yeah, you're right about that-especially the princesses 0.o' haha
but i guess that's what makes them so fun to wear ^^
so which costume would you want to make the most?
i'm thinking about making a pocahontas one. ^v^

btw, thanks! yep that's me, and the character is really BlackRose from the .Hack// games.

zootsgirl15
04-28-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah, you're right about that-especially the princesses 0.o' haha
but i guess that's what makes them so fun to wear ^^
so which costume would you want to make the most?
i'm thinking about making a pocahontas one. ^v^

btw, thanks! yep that's me, and the character is really BlackRose from the .Hack// games.

well, I cosplayed Wendy from Peter Pan, and that was an absolute amazing experience!! I went outside to go grab lunch and a bunch of kids mobbed me, asking if I could tell them a story, or wheres peter? It was great!

Lady Skywalker
04-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I know what you mean. I'm told that I look like Ariel a lot so sooner or later I'm going to make the little mermaid costume. Good luck with your Pocahantas one!

Queen Anime 99
04-28-2007, 10:02 PM
As a little kid, I was really into Disney. However, as I grew up, I became indifferent towards Disney. However, I played Kingdom Hearts (this game combines Final Fantasy and Disney characters) and now I'm REALLY into Disney. I went to Disneyland last summer and it was AWESOME. I also plan to rewatch every Disney movie (I especially want to see Sleeping Beauty because I don't really remember it.). Oh, and my favorite Disney film is Mulan. ^_^

This fall, I plan to cosplay as Disney Princess Kairi from Kingdom Hearts. She's not an "official" Disney Princess, but in the game, all of the official Disney Princesses are "Princesses of Hearts" and Kairi is one of them, so I decided I would do Kairi in a Princess-style dress. If anyone knows where I can find adult-sized Disney Princess patterns, please PM. :D

If that plans falls through, I might do Peter Pan. XD Oh, and if anyone wants to make easy Disney costumes, check out this website: http://www.whatsitsgalore.com/disney/costume.html.

Peter Pan, Aladdin, Daffy Duck, Goofy, Tinker Bell and Mickey should be pretty easy, too.

Junkopants
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh, wow. I'd really like to see someone dress up as Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I really think her outfit is very cute. :)

cuddles116
04-30-2007, 06:30 PM
I am currently in the planning stages of making Ursula from the little mermaid =)

Queen Anime 99
04-30-2007, 06:33 PM
OMG! Yes!!!! I was just thinking about doing Ursula someday. But, I'm FAR too skinny...and I'm lame. :D
I am currently in the planning stages of making Ursula from the little mermaid =)

Michi
04-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm about to start work on Megara from Hercules for FanimeCon. She's been my favorite Disney character for the past 10 years, when Hercules came out. :bigtu: I was so happy that she was in Kingdom Hearts II, because it justified me cosplaying her at a con. :D!

Lady Skywalker
05-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Megara is my sister's favorite Disney character. It'll be very interesting to see how your's turns out. I look forward to it!

Michi
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
It's due at the end of the month, so you'll see soon. XD; I've gotta order my wig within the next week. @_@;

ChibiTifa05
05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I have two Esmeralda costumes lined up for a con for next year. Both her default and her Topsy Turvy Day dancer costumes. ^^

Scruffy Rebel
05-03-2007, 12:06 AM
I did Peter Pan on a bit of a whim, and was totally floored by the huge response it got at ALA. So many people were excited over it, and by the end I was too XD It's so fun to do his poses.

~Scruffy

ravenmist
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
I plan on doing Alice for Halloween. Much fun. I'm just dying to see myself as a blonde. I love seeing Disney cosplays. Too cute. I really would love to do Megara, but I think Alice would be a better choice for me. We'll see!

Suzaku7NoMiko
05-04-2007, 11:01 AM
I used to work for Disney, so ive got pixie dust in my blood... lol

I made a Pocahontas costume for halloween one year, and another year Esmeralda (purchased costume). Id love to do a Jasmine (my fellow cast members thought I should have been her) ..and I love Megara as well.

jedimeg16
05-04-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm also a former Cast Member (I did the College Program twice), and I have loved Disney since The Little Mermaid came out in 1989 (I was 5).

I would love to make Belle's dresses someday. She's my favorite, and we're both bookworms.

livvylove
05-05-2007, 11:13 AM
I did a Jasmine cosplay and my boyfriend went as Aladdin. I have the picture as my icon and also in my gallery. I ended up freaking out some little kids who thought I was really Princess Jasmine

Oh Yea I am thinking of doing a Pocahontas cosplay and if I ever get over my fear of contacts an Esmeralda.

Selphie_fairy
05-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I was Peter Pan this past Halloween :3 Fox and the Hound and Peter Pan are my top favorite Disney movies! I want to make Snow White, Wendy and Alice one day. Disney is so much love ;.;! If I could, I would want to work at Disney as a character face but alas, Disney is not in NYC!

B Girl
05-07-2007, 09:06 PM
I was just wondering if anybody had any idea where I could get a dress pattern that is close to Princess Aurora?

genevievedee
05-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Okay, but what about a computer animated character from a very recent Disney movie.? Hint: it's NOT Pixar. And when I say recent, I mean REALLY recent. Like, still in theatres recent.

That's right! My new favorite Disney character and the one I'll be cosplaying as at ComiCon is Wilbur Robinson from Meet the Robinsons. I'm so excited! Actually, I'll be hanging out with a whole group of Robinsons. It'll be a BLAST!

kojirojames2004
05-10-2007, 07:58 AM
"I plan on doing Alice for Halloween. Much fun. I'm just dying to see myself as a blonde. I love seeing Disney cosplays. Too cute. I really would love to do Megara, but I think Alice would be a better choice for me. We'll see!"

You know, ravenmist, they say great minds think alike, and I'm planning to do Alice in Wonderland myself, too!

Ryuuza
05-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I always wanted to do Cinderella. I loved Disney as a child, but when everyone started "growing up" and no one talked about it anymore, neither did I. I still love it deep down, though.

kitty17794
05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
^ You can NEVER grow out of Disney. Even those people that say 'Oh man, Disney's for kids...', deep down, they love it too!

I did a Jasmine cosplay and my boyfriend went as Aladdin. I have the picture as my icon and also in my gallery. I ended up freaking out some little kids who thought I was really Princess Jasmine.

Lol same thing happened to me. I went to Downtown Disney for Halloween last year as the park's version of Princess Jasmine, and ended up having a line of kids who wanted to meet me. Very cute.

Plan on doing Belle, this Halloween. She's my favorite, so I can't wait for that...

BakaSamu
05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
I'd actually love to do some Disney cosplays from my favourite Disney movies.
My top two favourites are Mulan and Alice in Wonderland.

It'd be so cool to cosplay as Mushu...he's one of my most favourite Disney characters that's not a human. I'd just need to learn how to make mascot costumes.

From Alice in Wonderland I'd love to be the Cheshire cat or my own versions of the March Hare or the Mad Hatter. xD
Tweedldee and Tweedeedldum cosplays would be so awesome too.
I totally spelled their names wrong, didn't I? XP

kitty17794
05-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Tweedldee and Tweedeedldum cosplays would be so awesome too.
I totally spelled their names wrong, didn't I? XP

Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum. :)

BakaSamu
05-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum. :)

Aah. Thank you for correcting me. ^_^

Ryuuza
05-11-2007, 02:06 PM
^ You can NEVER grow out of Disney. Even those people that say 'Oh man, Disney's for kids...', deep down, they love it too!

Lol same thing happened to me. I went to Downtown Disney for Halloween last year as the park's version of Princess Jasmine, and ended up having a line of kids who wanted to meet me. Very cute.

Plan on doing Belle, this Halloween. She's my favorite, so I can't wait for that...

Yeah, that's true. Which is why I put "growing up" in quotations. I'd love to get a group of Disney Princesses at a con or something. Also, I'm glad to see there are Belle fans out there.

ravenmist
05-11-2007, 02:49 PM
You know, ravenmist, they say great minds think alike, and I'm planning to do Alice in Wonderland myself, too!

Huzzah! How fun! I hope I find the time to do it. I can't wait. I really want to do Disney this year. Harry Potter was last year, Disney is this year. =)

SakuraAngel
05-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I think Disney cosplay would be really cool!
If I could I'd really want to cosplay mulan or belle

PrettyKittyMulu
05-13-2007, 02:51 AM
You know, Ginger Catgirl and I were just discussing this. Probably because we listened to the soundtracks from Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast..

We want to cosplay Jasmine and Belle, respectively, as well as Robin Hood and Maid Marian from the animated Robin Hood, our favorite Disney movie :D (Yes, we will have ears and tails.)

Queen Anime 99
05-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Heh. I'm in the same boat as you (Trying to make a Disney Princess-like dress). I'm having so much trouble finding adult patterns for Disney Princesses. I have a feeling they aren't out there. ^_^ You could buy the little kids' pattern and resize it for yourself (http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=20&sec=89&startrow=1). Hope that helps! :D

Bakusama, I like Alice and Mulan too. I plan to do Mulan before I end my cosplay career. :D OMG. A Mushu cosplay would be so awesome! I worship Eddie Murphy now because of how awesome he made Mushu. Eddie is so good at voicing characters. XD

kojirojames2004
06-10-2007, 08:21 PM
If you plan to do Alice, get McCalls Pattern M4948. It's perfect.

nakamura_kun
06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Hopefully soon I will get a chance to do a Disney Princess I've alwas wanted to!^^
I really want to be Bell or Mulan^^lol

**Scion**
06-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I absolutely LOVE old Disney, yet HATE new Disney. I do like Pixar but anything outside of that I don't care for.

ricashaye
06-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying Ariel and perhaps Meg from Hercules. Wooo! I'm pretty excited. ^^

Clive-kun
06-10-2007, 11:58 PM
::sigh:: So I need some help. I have a Disney themed party to go to and there are NO characters I can be. My mom said I'm at my wig buying limit for the year and they're all used, and I don't have a sewing machine to do the one I wanted (see my sig....Elizabeth's pirate outfit...wayyyyyyyy too detailed for all that hand sewing). Help?

A picture for you to see... (http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/300W/fs7.deviantart.com/i/2005/184/b/4/I_Hate_Pink_by_AntiPhotogenic.jpg)

My hair is light blonde, there's just been a tint added to the picture.

kojirojames2004
06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Not even High School Musical? Bummer!

Clive-kun
06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Ah, no, I decided to do Ryan after working on Draco for so long....is it just me or do the two of them seem wayyyyyyy too close to being the same person?

kojirojames2004
06-22-2007, 03:02 AM
"Peter Pan, Aladdin, Daffy Duck, Goofy, Tinker Bell and Mickey should be pretty easy, too."

DAFFY?! Oh, if Walter Elias Disney was not cryogenically frozen (he isn't), he'd tell you that it's Donald Duck. Daffy belongs to Warner Brothers.

Aer Arcanum
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Oooh, I've thought of doing a Disney cosplay before. But I'm having trouble deciding what I would do. I'm thinking... maybe... one of Jasmine or Aladdin's costumes, or Peter Pan (but I need to seriously see that movie again first). Or something from Pirates, hahah. Oh, I don't know.

kojirojames2004
06-23-2007, 01:25 AM
You can just easily look up the pictures of Cosplay.com members by typing in the Disney Character (Jasmine for example) in the costume search box above. ^^

Queen Anime 99
06-23-2007, 05:16 AM
I know. I was thinking Donald but I typed Daffy. :D

DAFFY?! Oh, if Walter Elias Disney was not cryogenically frozen (he isn't), he'd tell you that it's Donald Duck. Daffy belongs to Warner Brothers.

kojirojames2004
06-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Anywho, took me some time to discover the error...a couple months!

You can also use the M4948 pattern to make a reasonably good Snow White, Aurora or Cinderella with the right embellishments.

Lunacat1
06-24-2007, 06:47 PM
hello!!! i have been tempted to reply on this topic but was scared i was going to get TOOOOOOOO involved (huge disney fan ) but i figured o well what the heck lets make it short and sweet.....

i too used to be a disney castmember as a character preformer...LOVED IT!!!!! anyways so far i have alice, megara, Belle's blue dress and her yellow dress, tinker bell, peter pan, wendy, snow white, and elizabeth swan's gold dress, barbossa dress, pirate, chinese princess (currently working on) and pirate king costume (currently workin on)....some are mine and some are my little cousins... i would like to possibly redo some of the costumes or do a deluxe version of them...plus continue to grow my disney collection....the list could go on and on...I LOVE IT....there short and sweet!!!

kojirojames2004
06-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Just betwen us Lunacat1, what characters did you play?

Lunacat1
06-24-2007, 08:23 PM
i was good friends with the SHORTer characters ;)

Clive-kun
06-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Ahh I tried out for that this past November...I can't dance though so it bombed...

Luna-A-Lovegood
06-25-2007, 02:06 AM
I'm doing Tinkerbell this year for Anime Expo in California

Between now and next year I am going to be working on Belle and Alice.

kojirojames2004
06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
"I was good friends with the SHORTer characters." ;)

Other than that, were you a costumed character or a face character?

kojirojames2004
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey, Luna (sorry for DP), how'd Tink work out?

kitty17794
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm a character performer too! :) I'm veryyyy good friends of Drizella Tremaine and Pluto. ;)

Question for those who have made Belle's blue dress in the past: What pattern did you use to make it? I'm curious cause I'd love to make the outfit.

Arista
07-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I've cosplayed as Ariel (as you can see haha), and right now I'm working on making Pocahontas. Ariel's been my absolute favorite since the movie came out, but Pocahontas is definitely one of my top favs, too. I'm gonna be the palest Pocahontas EVARRR, but I'm happy to be playing another character I like and one I share a similar heritage with (I'm part Choctaw American Indian).

Someday I also want to make an Alice in Wonderland costume (and maybe jazzed it up a little... XD).

And YAY FOR DISNEY LOVE! I'm glad to see that more people are accepting Disney cosplay. The first time I cosplayed as Ariel, even though it was after Kingdom Hearts came out, I got a lot of, "Uh... Ariel isn't anime... O_o;;;"

There really needs to be a Disney Con hehe. XD

RabbitintheMoon
07-26-2007, 03:13 AM
My icon isn't quite Disney, but she's Bluth. But Don Bluth worked for Disney, so you could say she's a Disney relative. :) There are some characters I definitely want to cosplay at some point in the future...

Captain Amelia would be fun, along with Jessie (Toy Story) or Bullseye.

Though thinking about it, I could probably pass myself off as one of Cinderella's mice... ;)

Twink
07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Yay Disney!! I love seeing Disney costumes at conventations.

I don't know if it counts, but I made a Lion King:Broadway Scar. (i'm not talented enough for a mascot costume)
People at anime conventations are becoming more excepting of non-anime cosplay. And half the time, they don't even know your not from anime/game/whatever.

It was great wearing Scar. I even had people come up and sing some of the songs to me.

It would be awesome to do a Lumiere or a Cogsworth costume. lol

uptownkelly
07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I have some Belle pictures in my gallery :) ohh but I do not missing being a brunette.
I would LOVE to be Aurora/Sleeping Beauty one day... I've actually had strangers randomly tell me that I look like her!
I am probably the most disney obsessed person ever (or at least up there.) I go to Disneyland every weekend when I'm at college, and know too much random trivia. I also just launched my Disney Princess blog: Kilala Beat (http://kilalabeat.typepad.com)

There really needs to be a Disney Con hehe. XD

um, omg yes.

Kandyse_Mishele
07-28-2007, 02:25 PM
If I were to ever cosplay as a Disnay person, I'd have to tan like crazy. I'd be either Pocahontas or Jasmine.... and they both have dark skin... whereas I'm like............ WHITE. Like..... ghosty white. x.o

Miss Nintendo
07-28-2007, 02:55 PM
i too used to be a disney castmember as a character preformer...LOVED IT!!!!!

I will be doin some disney cosplays later on. I love disney soo much! But I just saw that a few people here used to be cast members. I'd love to be belle or someone. It's always been my dream job. If someone could PM me that'd be great. I'd just like to figure out how to go about doing it. I mean i cant walk up to Belle and be like "where do i sign up to get your job?" lol

kitty17794
07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
You have to go in to casting and get an interview set up, and then they'll schedule you for an audition. :) I've always wanted to 'be friends' with Belle too, but I'm friends with Drizella for now instead.

Mew_Pudding
07-29-2007, 11:35 PM
I recently did the Disney verion of Alice!

Pictures~! (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=82535&member=16883)

I had an absolutely great time~ I absolutely love Disney cosplay! I dream about working there, haha. xD

Miss Nintendo
07-30-2007, 11:52 AM
You have to go in to casting and get an interview set up, and then they'll schedule you for an audition. :) I've always wanted to 'be friends' with Belle too, but I'm friends with Drizella for now instead.

Ahh I see.^.~ I'll hafta get around to doing that.Thanks so much!

kojirojames2004
08-03-2007, 09:42 AM
"I'm a character performer too! :) I'm veryyyy good friends of Drizella Tremaine and Pluto." ;)

Nice to know you, Anastasia. :lol:

Shinigami_Mimi
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I actually am planning a Sharpey outfit from High School Musical for a con. Sadly not many cosplayers are fond of the movie. T__T So it hard to find fellow fans. D; Maybe later on I'll tackle Gabriella <3~

But other Disney cosplays I really wanna try doing are Lily/Lola, Alice, Peter Pan, TinkerBell, & Mulan.

Bagu
08-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm currently researching doing a KH Goofy cosplay, and trying to make a Goofy head as close as the theme park version as I can. I always wonder if disney legal keeps a close eye on the cosplayers wearing their property ;)

Heh...I haven't been in a mascot costume since I worked at Showbiz Pizza back in the day...

missind33
08-07-2007, 03:04 PM
In the future I am dieing to make a Belle costume! Great Alice cosplay!

Kyoko117
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Sleeping Beauty was my absolute favorite Disney movie, but I rewatched it recently and realized that Aurora has like no character, so I've now sided with evil! I'm making plans to go as Maleficent, which will be very interesting seeing as to how she's super tall and skinny and I am very much not, but being green with purple eyeshadow shall be interesting.

For the same convention, I've been coerced to go as red garbed blonde of the triplets from Beauty and the Beast. This should be funny seeing as to how my friends and I are all different heights, not too drastically, but you'll see me on my toes pretending to be an inch or two taller.

Alexia Ishtar
08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
My sister-in-law asked me the other day if I'd make costumes for her girls for Halloween...the oldest (4) is going as Belle, the yellow ball gown (Omg I just looked at the pattern I have for it T_____T that thing takes more fabric than my own Princess Neptune gown!) and the younger (who will be just under a year -b-day is on Nov 2nd) is going as Tinkerbell.

I wonder if anyone here's used the actual Disney patterns put out by Simplicity, specifically the Belle / Wedding Ariel one...I need to know if it includes some kind of under fluff to poof it out or if I'm going to have to make one for her.

kojirojames2004
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I believe it does have instructions to make an underskirt, which is what I'm planning to so with my Alice outfit.

nekocat17
08-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Cool thread! I love seeing Disney cosplay!

Has anyone ever seen a real good picture of Mulan's clothes when she's dressed up to see the matchmaker? Or know how many layers that outfit has? I've tried looking at a few pics and haven't been able to tell exactly how that outfit works.

vampirate
09-08-2007, 10:40 PM
I just ordered fabric for my first Disney costume today! I haven't dressed up as a Disney character before, even as a little kid. I always wanted to be something completely different like Batgirl for Halloween when I was little. Anyways, I'm going to make Aurora's dress from the Kingdom Hearts artwork where her dress is purple.

Jizai
09-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I've wanted to do a Disney costume for a while... 24 and I'm still a huge fan of the classics (ie before everything went to CG-crap). I think the one I'd most cosplay would be Esmerelda of Hunchback... she's awesome, has a beautiful design, and the movie is sadly so overlooked.

Roxey20
09-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm part of a Disney princess group that's getting together for a Otakon in the near future. (I say near future because I'm moving to Korea for a year.) But yea, so far there is me as Cindrella and two friends as Belle and Ariel.

I've started sketching out patterns for Cinderella's ball gown, but I can't decide if I want to make a collapsable hoop skirt or a petticoat out of tulle. Eh, I'll probably go with whatever will be easiest to travel with. ^_^ Though, I'm certainly glad that I have about a year and a half to make the dress.... @.@

Queen Anime 99
09-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Vampirate, that's so awesome that you're doing Aurora! ^_^ I really love the color of her dress in the game.

Nekocat, there are some videos on youtube that show Mulan's dress. Hope that helps. Good luck on your costume. I love Mulan. ^_^ Someday, I want to do her Ping disguise.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=bring+honor+to+us+all+Mulan

Bagu, you're doing Goofy? That's so awesome.

Mew Pudding, your Alice is wonderful! :D

Kyoko, that's so cool you're doing Maleficient. I have yet to see the Sleeping Beauty movie, but I really liked Maleficient in the Kingdom Hearts game. So evil and manipulative. And she turns into a DRAGON. How cool is that? Yeah, I also have a tendency to like the "bad guys." I love Ursula from The Little Mermaid.

Roxey, you're doing Cinderella. Neat. I hope you have a fun time in Korea.

Everyone, be on the lookout for my Disney Princess Kairi costume! ^_^

Arlette
09-14-2007, 01:53 PM
I did Megara recently at Dragon*Con and was SO thrilled because Hercules has been my favorite ever since it came out. Before that, Aladdin took the top spot. Still, Jasmine is definitely my second favorite girl and I would love to cosplay her sometime in the near future, as well. Maybe next Dragon*Con. ^_^ You are never too old to like Disney movies, although I do miss the musical/fairy tale stories. I don't think they've had a straight up musical style animated film since Mulan?

Ryoko-and-Yami
09-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I really love Disney. This year at my school, the Homecoming theme is Disney. So for Half-time the art program I'm in is doing huge drawings. I just finished drawing Jasmine today. And my sister did Aladdin. Those are like as tall as us.

I would really to do Jasmine. Oh that art project makes me want to! My sis makes to do Aladdin in his prince clothes. I'd also like to do tinkerbell and she keeps mentioning Peter Pan.

kojirojames2004
09-16-2007, 07:14 PM
"I don't think they've had a straight up musical style animated film since Mulan?"

"I would really to do Jasmine. Oh that art project makes me want to! My sis makes to do Aladdin in his prince clothes. I'd also like to do tinkerbell and she keeps mentioning Peter Pan."
Arlette: The next one in 2009 will be "The Princess and The Frog".

Ryoko-and-Yami: Your sis I believe wants to do Prince Ali, not makes.

vampirate
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Roxey20: I think a petticoat would look better. The way hoop skirts sway they just distract me on anything but Gone with the Wind style/period dresses.

Arlette: You were a cute Meg! Although I think you got there after I took the groups pics I could manage to get. :(

I'm waiting to hear more about the story for the Princess and the Frog before I figure out if I'm excited about it. When they did a segment about it on the Daily Show it just kind of sounded like Cinderella set in New Orleans to me.

I am anxiously waiting for Rapunzel though!

And I've already got at least one, maybe two, other Disney costumes I want to make after Aurora. Wish I had more money and cons to go to so it wouldn't take me years to get them all done.

LadyHawke78
09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow, Arlette-- that D*C group was amazing...

I'va always wanted to do Disney cosplay, however, there is really no one I would pull off well. I LOVE Ariel, but alas, a fatty should NEVER cosplay a mermaid. NEVER. My fave. Disney movie is Mulan, but alas, I'm not Chinese. So, I figured id I went thru with any disney cosplay, it would have to be Alice, because she's blonde and has fat-ass calves like me.

The only problem is that I'm pretty tall. So, I figured I'd just walk around with a basket of "EAT ME" cupcakes and tell people I'm Alice after she ate the cupcakes and grew big... XD

(BTW, I watched that movie recently. When you are an adult, you realize what a psychedelic mind-f**k that film is. Drug-references abound... or maybe I've just heard the Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit" too many times!) lol...

kairislife
09-24-2007, 10:30 PM
i want to cosplay as hannah montana
but to add a twist i want to miley at the same time

Goddess Iduna
09-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm planning on cosplaying as Maleficent for Otakon '08. I'm going to try to make the dress as long and flowy as possible, but short enough so people won't step all over it. XD

I'm still not too sure how to make the horns, though.

battybrawni
10-02-2007, 12:42 AM
so far I have some pics of my Prince Ali, Scar, and Mozenrath from the Aladdin series. I have pics of Jasmine and Belle's blue dress to add when I'm not feeling so lazy. =P Oh, and once I get some work photos back, I'll have pics of Edna Mode and "Glory days" Mr. Incredible wich were what I made for the boyfriend and myself.

Queen Anime 99
10-02-2007, 01:50 AM
LadyHawke, the Alice idea sounds really cute. :D However, don't be afraid to do characters you don't really fit physically. I am a short, African American woman and I have cosplayed as a tall, Japanese man. ^_^ Cosplay is all about having fun and being your fav character. If you're self-conscious about your weight, you can tailor the costume to fit you (Like, you could make Ariel's bra a corset thing). I think there is a thread about that in the General Cosplay Chat section.

Everyone, I have pics of my Disney Princess Kairi costume in my gallery. Kairi's a character from the game Kingdom Hearts, which is the product of a collaboration between Disney and Square Enix (Japanese video game company).

I'va always wanted to do Disney cosplay, however, there is really no one I would pull off well. I LOVE Ariel, but alas, a fatty should NEVER cosplay a mermaid. NEVER. My fave. Disney movie is Mulan, but alas, I'm not Chinese. So, I figured id I went thru with any disney cosplay, it would have to be Alice, because she's blonde and has fat-ass calves like me.

The only problem is that I'm pretty tall. So, I figured I'd just walk around with a basket of "EAT ME" cupcakes and tell people I'm Alice after she ate the cupcakes and grew big... XD

(BTW, I watched that movie recently. When you are an adult, you realize what a psychedelic mind-f**k that film is. Drug-references abound... or maybe I've just heard the Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit" too many times!) lol...

pmastamonkmonk
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM

Awww, but Hawke, you do such a great Riza! I'd love to see you try to be Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty. You'd be a fun Ariel, but it would have to be the "legs" version... "walking" around as a mermaid ain't fun XD

ChibiTifa05
10-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Is it just me, or has no one cosplayed the Disney fairies yet? I'm planning on making a Fira costume sometime next year and a friend of mine wants to do either Lily or Bess. All of them are from the books, but there is going to be a Disney Fairies movie coming out soon with new characters. ^_^

Crazy Flower
10-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I am insane.

I'm trying to get Ursula done for Halloween. (With Flotsam and Jetsam)

That is all.

anomalie
10-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I dressed Ariel for Halloween when I was five, and I'd actually like to try again someday just for kicks (I've got a kind of neat idea for the tail). I'd also love to cosplay Alice, Meg from Herc(?),and Jasmine if I weren't so horridly white. OH! And pirate Elizabeth from PotC (she's not my fave character, but her costume rocked).

I think Jessica Rabbit is technically Disney as well, ne pas? I still need to see some of the newer films, but that girl from Atlantis looked interesting.

Oh man, now I'm all nostalgic... I think I'll watch Aladdin... also maybe draw.

TR Rose
10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
I just started working on a version of Belle's winter outfit from Beauty and the Beast. I bought the fabric for the red cape last year at Christmas time (a really pretty red velvety fabric and matching lining) but didn't start working on it until last night! I got almost all the pieces cut, I'll probably put it together this weekend - the cape pattern looks very easy. I still need to get the white furry trim.

Not sure what kind of fabric to use for the pink dress though. I have the Barbie Belle doll from when I was a kid, the "winter" version, and her dress is satin and bright pinks, but I'd rather use something less fancy and less "Princess Peach pink", something more muted (but not as basic as broadcloth if I can help it). Any suggestions?

Reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1U7krsrjhg

Gogglegirl
10-05-2007, 10:08 AM

The guy who wrote the book that Alice in Wonderland is based off of, WAS on like...crack the entire time he wrote the book. That guy had ALOT of problems...lots of disney movies end up being "not so innocent" once you rewatch them when your older...

I'm gonna be doing Alice for halloween. I'm excited for it ^^

Chibi Lenne
10-08-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm wondering (now that I've dodged the bullet and my sister-in-law- got a cheepo costume from walmart for my niece (who ironically is named Jasmine) ) what a good pattern for Belle's yellow ball gown would be for modification etc...

zootsgirl15
10-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I cant seem to get enough of Disney cosplay....so besides Wendy and Belle Im going to start Vanessa(human version of Ursula) sometime soon. Im so excited!

seeminglyeasy
10-08-2007, 10:38 PM
a group of friends of mine wanna do the main disney princesses. ariel, cinderella, aurora, jasmine, snow white, and belle. not for a while though

TR Rose
10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
I just went this weekend and got the rest of the fabric for Belle's winter outfit - the fur and two colors of dusty pink for the dress (I still need the lightest pink for the trims). 50% coupon yay!

I love Disney cosplay, wish I saw more of it at cons though. I would love to be part of a huge Disney group someday!

RobotPenguin
10-10-2007, 03:37 PM
funny, i was just thinking about Disney cosplays and how i should make one some time. i might do emperor Cuzco from the Emperor's New Groove. what else might me a good classic character to do?
at the last Ani-Magic, there was a nice Ezmerelda (spelled right?) from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

cactusmomma
10-10-2007, 04:55 PM
My little girl will be doing Lilo for Halloween. This time, she'll have some Ben Nye to give her that glorious Hawaiian sun-kissed tan instead of photoshop in the pics we do have. <3

kojirojames2004
10-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Almost finished with Alice. It'll be ready for Saturday and Zenkaikon will turn into a Wonderland!

Chibi Lenne
10-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm wondering what people think of this pattern as being used as a possible Belle pattern: http://simplicity.com/assets/4269/4269.jpg

Or would I be better to try to find something that has a fuller skirt??

missind33
10-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I am also making a Belle (Ballgown) cosplay! I love Beauty and the Beast, and this is the single thing my mom is sponcering for my birthday! My favorite part in Beauty and the Beast is when they have their ballroom dance. I am also making a bag (Not directly for the cosplay but because there are 0 Beauty and the Beast merchandise the only merchandise they sell is Disney Princess and I only like Belle)

And Chibi I think thats an EXCELLENT Pattern for the Belle gown, and I wish everyone luck on their awesome Disney Cosplays.

(I wish I could do a group of ANY anime series with my friends but we never agree on anything)

Chibi Lenne
10-13-2007, 08:07 PM
And Chibi I think thats an EXCELLENT Pattern for the Belle gown, and I wish everyone luck on their awesome Disney Cosplays.

(I wish I could do a group of ANY anime series with my friends but we never agree on anything)

Thanks ^.^ and I'm lucky enough to have found a group of cosplayers we...either like the same things or tend to corrupt the rest of the group into liking the same things ^_^() I don't actually cosplay with friends I grew up with...just people I meet at cons.

TR Rose
10-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm wondering what people think of this pattern as being used as a possible Belle pattern: http://simplicity.com/assets/4269/4269.jpg

Or would I be better to try to find something that has a fuller skirt??

I don't know how that pattern goes together, but you can probably increase the size of the skirt. Basically just look at the panels that go into that skirt and make a few more of them and sew in. You may need to do some modifying, but the bodice and skirt look like separate pieces to me.

You never know though, it might be plenty full enough already depending on if you wear a hoop skirt underneath. Those pattern photographs are a bit deceiving as to how puffy the finished skirts actually are. The model on the envelope might not have any puff under hers.

Best of luck! *goes to work on Belle's winter cloak*

Queen Anime 99
10-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Chibi, that pattern looks really good!! :D

I might be doing Lock from The Nightmare Before Christmas at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2008. ^_^

Kaori-chan
10-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Ooo, Disney cosplay! DLGR and I went as Kim and Shego, respectively, to Otakon. The reactions from congoers and non-congoers alike were absolutely phenomenal. XD

Bealzabub
10-14-2007, 02:19 AM
I have two Esmeralda costumes lined up for a con for next year. Both her default and her Topsy Turvy Day dancer costumes. ^^

A fellow Hunchback of Notre Dame cosplayer! Yay. ;D I'm trying to get ready to do both of Clopin's outfits. His Jester/Topsy Turvy outfit and his Court of Miracles garb.

I LOVE Hunchback of Notre Dame

I just realized that I'm probably going to be one of the FIRST Clopin cosplayers! I haven't been able to find anyone else doing or having done him before!
(AND If someone knows a good place for reference pics or screen shots with him, please tell. I've Googled him, and I got almost nothing. Just some VERY blurry shots, or pictures of the toys of him... grrrrrr...)

I think the one I'd most cosplay would be Esmerelda of Hunchback... she's awesome, has a beautiful design, and the movie is sadly so overlooked.

Agreed. I love that movie so much too... That is kinda why I'm cosplaying it.

Chibi, that pattern looks really good!! :D

I might be doing Lock from The Nightmare Before Christmas at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2008. ^_^

I so want to do a Lock, Shock, and Barrel group sometime! I'd love to be Shock! But I'm tackling Oogie Boogie in the near future. The suit will, in the long run, probably be 7' tall when I'm done!

TR Rose
10-14-2007, 10:28 AM
(AND If someone knows a good place for reference pics or screen shots with him, please tell. I've Googled him, and I got almost nothing. Just some VERY blurry shots, or pictures of the toys of him... grrrrrr...)

Have you YouTube'd for the songs from the movie? It's been years since I saw the film last, but if I remember he appears in most of the musical sequences. A lot of the Dinsey SONGS are on YouTube (many in different languages, not a problem since you want pictures), even though the rest of the movies aren't.

You can "print screen" from YouTube and paste the image into something like Photoshop or Paint. Hope this helps.

SilentCAt
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I am thinking of doing a Pocahontas cosplay next year for Otakon 2008. I just bought the fabric yesturday. And I need references on how to make the necklace.
I am also doing DBZ as well so it's stressful but i'm bearing it.=_=

cuddles116
10-14-2007, 12:28 PM
I just realized that I'm probably going to be one of the FIRST Clopin cosplayers! I haven't been able to find anyone else doing or having done him before!

I plan on doing Clopin one day too lol all of his outfits but the hangman...since I can't go topless, lol I love him to pieces, there was a guy who did him a while ago on cosplay.com you could PM him and see if he has any reference pictures, if not its just easiet get pictures from the different songs Clopin's in on Youtube

Druix
10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
I, for one, am absolutely in love with Disney!! There are so many Disney costumes I'd love to make, too. The ones I would most love to do are Belle (yellow gown and blue dress), Ariel, Jasmine (inspired by her park costume as opposed to her movie one), and any of the Silly Girls/Bimbettes from Beauty and the Beast, as those three are actually my favorite characters. If I can get two more girls and a guy together someday, I'd love to do a group of Silly Girls and Gaston!

Bealzabub
10-14-2007, 02:48 PM
You can "print screen" from YouTube and paste the image into something like Photoshop or Paint. Hope this helps.

Huh? Well... I've taken screenshots from YouTube, but most times (With Clopin)they're so blurry that I can't use them. :thumbsup:

...I plan on doing Clopin one day too lol all of his outfits but the hangman...since I can't go topless, lol I love him to pieces, there was a guy who did him a while ago on cosplay.com you could PM him and see if he has any reference pictures...
I'd like to do all of his costumes minus the Executioner also! (I'm crossplaying him, so... yeah...) I'm having difficulty trying to figure out the real-life construction of that Judge hat. It confuses me... :bigcry:

Some one's done him before? Can you point me in the right direction? :D

SilentCAt
10-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Yay Disney!! I love seeing Disney costumes at conventations.

I don't know if it counts, but I made a Lion King:Broadway Scar. (i'm not talented enough for a mascot costume)
People at anime conventations are becoming more excepting of non-anime cosplay. And half the time, they don't even know your not from anime/game/whatever.

It was great wearing Scar. I even had people come up and sing some of the songs to me.

It would be awesome to do a Lumiere or a Cogsworth costume. lol
I saw your broadway scar at Otakon. It was awsome. I was thinking of making a Broadway version of Adult Nala sometime in the future.

Kyoko117
10-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I, for one, am absolutely in love with Disney!! There are so many Disney costumes I'd love to make, too. The ones I would most love to do are Belle (yellow gown and blue dress), Ariel, Jasmine (inspired by her park costume as opposed to her movie one), and any of the Silly Girls/Bimbettes from Beauty and the Beast, as those three are actually my favorite characters. If I can get two more girls and a guy together someday, I'd love to do a group of Silly Girls and Gaston!

Cuddles116 and I were hoping to go as the Bimbettes for Reactor this year with another friend of ours, we even had a possible Gaston, but we had to unfortunately had to put a hold on that for a little bit. Now I don't now when we're going to go as them... fuu...

kojirojames2004
10-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, my Alice in Wonderland cosplay premiered at Zenkaikon, and needless to say, it was a hit with the convention goers. I got nothing but praise for having played a recognizable character in a game like Kingdom Hearts and even had fun at a tea party with Oran High School Home Club players.

Everyone loved my outfit because of it being kawaii for the lack of a better word. And I want to say to those who went thank you for all the compliments about it, as this was a incomplete outfit as I have to finish off the rest of the apron and make bloomers and underskirt for the poufiness.

cuddles116
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd like to do all of his costumes minus the Executioner also! (I'm crossplaying him, so... yeah...) I'm having difficulty trying to figure out the real-life construction of that Judge hat. It confuses me... :bigcry:

Some one's done him before? Can you point me in the right direction? :D

If you go to the photo section and search Clopin he pops up, he had the puppet and everything, very cute lol.

Cuddles116 and I were hoping to go as the Bimbettes for Reactor this year with another friend of ours, we even had a possible Gaston, but we had to unfortunately had to put a hold on that for a little bit. Now I don't now when we're going to go as them... fuu...

We could shoot for Acen since Patty and Ben will be there. That would give me time to get a nicer blonde wig since you don't seem to interested in getting the crappier one...though we'd have to get Patty to shell out $40+ on a wig she's gonna burn...I'm sure we have space on one of our busy days lol. :bigtu:

Bealzabub
10-15-2007, 01:07 AM
If you go to the photo section and search Clopin he pops up, he had the puppet and everything, very cute lol.

Yay! Puppet!

Queen Anime 99
10-15-2007, 02:01 AM
Bealzabub, you're doing Oogie!? That is so awesome. XD

Bealzabub
10-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Bealzabub, you're doing Oogie!? That is so awesome. XD

When I can. It's just finding the time... It's gonna be a real pain to transport... I'm hoping to do it with a] undersupport, unlike all of the other ones I've seen. I'm trying to make it huge and to scale!

kojirojames2004
10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Well we can't wait to see that.

Bealzabub
10-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Well we can't wait to see that.

I can't wait to start... it's just, money's an issue.

Chibi Lenne
10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I know that feeling. I also have 3 or 4 cons between now and the one I'll be wearing Belle at next August ^_^() I just hope I an get them all done in time v.v Though... I think I have since figured out how to make Belle's dress, I think. I need to wait until I get my hoopskirt to be able to judge better

Ambient_Blue
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
I am cosplaying as Aurora at Otakon 2008 to accompany Goddess Iduna's Maleficent. I am currently trying to figure out what pattern I am going to use. I don't see why Disney can't make adult versions of their stuff. (Simplicity 9384 is a very good looking pattern).

But anyway! ...I am doing the blue one.

LadyJynjr
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I would LOVE to do Belle's blue dress...as long as I could do the Broadway version. There are just some absolutely beautiful details on that dress that aren't in the movie.

Vinyahuinewen
10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
So has anyone found interest in the same thing? Or maybe previously cosplayed as their fav disney character? ^^

when I worked at Walt Disney World for the Disney College Program (read: Slave labor) I realized that many of their costumes that they sell for little girls in many of the shops would fit more petite adults (probably up to 5 foot 2 or so) and the wigs they sell for the dresses as well actually fit pretty nicely on most heads (hooray elastic!)...I tried a tinkerbell one on and thought it was waaaay cute. They also sell shoes, wands, necklaces, tiaras....*sigh*...I just wanted to spend the day walking around the park like the little girls do :3 So if any cosplayers visit WDW, be on the lookout ;)

Also, for anyone who offhandedly would be in the parks and wants to do Disney cosplay; for extra ideas, observe the characters in action. The costume department is amazing, but many of the things done for the dresses (i.e Belle's "wedding" dress in the 3:00 parade, Mulan's outfit at her meet and greets in China ) can be done by pretty much anyone with costume experience, I'm guessing. I literally spent some of my days off wandering the parks and looking at the outfits of the characters out.

Also, "Japan" in the World Showcase at Epcot sells almost a complete Naruto outfit...gloves, jacket, headband, if not more stuff. It's somewhat of a cheat on your costume, but sometimes the things you need show up in unlikely places...now...if you could only bypass the $69 admission price...

and for those who can't/won't be at the parks but really want to cosplay, check Disney outlet stores. All the old stuff from the parks are sent there ;) and...of course...eBay.

kojirojames2004
10-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Well Vikku and I did a photo shoot at Zenkaikon as two of the "Princesses of Heart" from Kingdom Hearts, and we had a lot of fun.

Scortia
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
<3 for Disney cosplay. I'm making Esmeralda soon enough. ^_^

If I ever saw a fursuit-Scar I'd die happy.

siekensou
10-29-2007, 08:52 PM
well here it is :D enjoy!

siekensou
10-29-2007, 08:55 PM
sorry forgot to quote :toothy:
Oh, wow. I'd really like to see someone dress up as Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I really think her outfit is very cute. :)

kojirojames2004
10-30-2007, 03:35 AM
That's okay, siekensou. We all tend to make a misteak or two somewhere along the way...

And BTW, that is a pretty Parade of Dreams Alice you make there.

Chibi Lenne
11-03-2007, 08:55 PM
So...I ended up getting fabric for Belle today (less than $1 a meter) even when i was SUPPOSED to be getting interfacing and bias tape to finish my rosebride dress ^_^() whoopsie.

Arielle
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey you guys! ^v^
So i was sitting around yesterday (it was a rainy day, y'know the usual-freezing, pouring and just plain boring) and i dug up a stash of my old disney movies.
I watched The Little Mermaid, Aladdin & last but not least Pocahontas.
Is anyone just in love with Disney? xD

It's so cute seeing people at anime cons dressed up as Disney characters, i myself got all excited at AX after bumping into peter pan and ariel (i know! xD) so i got to thinking that i'd love to do a disney cosplay myself.

ohmygosh i LOOOOOOOOOOVE Disney! Talk about their biggest fan, haha! It's funny you saw Ariel and Peter at AX-those are two of the costumes I plan to make for this coming AX (and maybe Comic-Con)! I never saw either one last year-bummer! I can't wait for summer! I made an Ariel costume for halloween (in a rush-it could have been so much better!) but it was a blast to wear and all these kids ran up to me and wanted pictures! I felt like I worked at Disneyland! I wish I really did. (I've been trying out for the character department there for years, and it always comes down to me and one other girl, and they always pick the other girl! so frustrating! pple always tell me i should work there...oh well! ^^) I have an alice costume, so I guess I could always wear that to a con-but I've worn it for so many halloweens-I want to make new costumes! (-;

Moon_Fish
11-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Next AWA I'll be cosplaying Ariel in her pink dress and my friend will be doing Ursula. It's always a nice treat to see a Disney Princess at a con, but a Disney villan is even better lol.

xfkirsten
11-22-2007, 03:54 AM
Just got back from seeing Enchanted, and I'm dying to cosplay Giselle in her blue dress! Time to start looking for a good pattern...

kojirojames2004
11-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Wow, Giselle cosplay. That oughta be fun.

Drackt
11-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Just got back from seeing Enchanted, and I'm dying to cosplay Giselle in her blue dress! Time to start looking for a good pattern...

Trust me, I'm looking and I haven't come up with anything. Hopefully there might be something made soon...

Shokora
11-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi!!! I absoultely love anything Disney too:) I decided, for this year's Not So Scary Disney at DisneyWorld, to do a lesser-known character. I was the "old version" Ghost Bride from the Haunted Mansion ride. I mean old as in, had-a-candle-in-one-hand-flowers-in-the-other version. Now that the ride's been redone, the bride is a projection with a hatchet. Anyway, it was a ton of fun, and I saw a bunch of in their 20's and 30's cosplayers in pretty good cosplays (see my gallery for me with Mary Poppins and Bert...wish I knew who those cosplayers were, they were awesome).

xfkirsten
11-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Trust me, I'm looking and I haven't come up with anything. Hopefully there might be something made soon...

Nothing even remotely modifiable? :( I was thinking that looking at ren faire costume patterns might yield something that could be used.

BTW, love your sig. No, there is no life after Disney World. ;)
/former Entertainment CP
//finished her program over 4 years ago
///still wants to move back

TR Rose
11-22-2007, 05:16 PM
If you don't need it right away, you can cross your fingers and wait until next year's Halloween patterns begin to come out. It's Disney, so there's a good chance that you'll see either an official licensed chibi-sized version pattern or a McCalls / Simplicity "close enough" replica pattern (like there's been for Pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, Star Wars, etc). The good news is that the "close enough" patterns usually come in both kid and adult sizes.

Drackt
11-22-2007, 10:09 PM
If you don't need it right away, you can cross your fingers and wait until next year's Halloween patterns begin to come out. It's Disney, so there's a good chance that you'll see either an official licensed chibi-sized version pattern or a McCalls / Simplicity "close enough" replica pattern (like there's been for Pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, Star Wars, etc). The good news is that the "close enough" patterns usually come in both kid and adult sizes.

I hope so, but sometimes some movies don't get that treatment...(I never saw ones based off "Eragon", though I did find something similar to those vests he and Murtagh wear...)

TR Rose
11-22-2007, 10:22 PM
If it's any reassurance, there's already Giselle-themed merch at Disney stores. It looks like they're trying to push her as part of the already-established Princess line so they'd be dumb not to give her the costume treatment. This is Disney after all - I'm sure Halloweeny costumes are free marketing for them. ^^

Moon_Fish
11-24-2007, 07:03 PM
man I kinda wanna do an alice in wonderland cosplay.

Michi
11-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow, it seems I forgot to post here again. I posted about my Meg costume back in May, but not after I finished it...? XD There's a picture in my gallery, though I'm not really happy with it yet. It was sorta rushed so I could have it at FanimeCon. Hopefully I'll have time to really fix it up in 2008.

xfkirsten
11-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I found a pattern that can probably be modified into a workable Giselle "That's How You Know" dress. Butterick 6630 looks like it should work, with a bit of tweaking. If nothing else, the tweaking can at least get you close.

Now I'm on to the really hard part - finding a suitable fabric! :p I've looked around online and went through JoAnn today, and haven't found anything really good yet...

Darkin
11-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I think I'd like to cosplay Peter Pan at some point, but I want to do the Disney Heroes action figure version:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_111405b.htm

Would I still be recognizable? It looks a bit Robin Hoodish...
Also, Prince Phillip (http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_disneyheroes_8.jpg). OMG. Prince Phillip. Please someone make that costume, because I have neither the skills to make it nor the body to wear it. But he looks awesome! That sword is taller than he is!

Lucifer
11-29-2007, 04:28 PM
My boyfriend and I have been tossing around the idea to cosplay from Sword in the Stone, myself as "Wart" and him as Merlin (from Bermuda!). I said I'd only do it if my friend was Mad Madam Mim.

Enk
11-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Yay, I have all my fabric for my Snow White Gothic Lolita :D We're doing a group of Disney Princesses in variations of Lolita for Anime North 2008. It is very exciting to do! (and the only way I would ever cosplay a Disney princess)

Moon_Fish
12-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Why don't people do Ariel's Wedding dress? I've seen ONE person who cosplayed wedding Ariel. It's so pretty and it's a total reflection of the 80's lol.

missind33
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow, it seems I forgot to post here again. I posted about my Meg costume back in May, but not after I finished it...? XD There's a picture in my gallery, though I'm not really happy with it yet. It was sorta rushed so I could have it at FanimeCon. Hopefully I'll have time to really fix it up in 2008.

I think it looks awesome!! Great job (I just wanted to say that XD)

I guess I haven't really had time to work on my Belle Cosplay, and then I realized with the X-Mas season, shoes would be on sale! But the problem is I have no idea what her shoes look like. I just know I need to look taller (without killing myself over the heels, and I need heels that are at least comfortable) Does anyone have any ideas. (Any links would help). Can you spray paint shoes also?

Moon_Fish
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I think spray painting shoes isn't a good idea, the paint can peel and flake and chip with the stretching and bending of the material. You could probably just get some sparkly prom shows. I know they make some in color and others are mostly clear.

Queen Anime 99
12-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Which Belle are you doing?

Normal Belle: very low-heeled brown shoes (kind of like the ballet flats that are popular now)

Yellow Dress Belle: yellow, low-heel. You may be able to find shoes like that on ebay. :D

http://images.allposters.com/images/151/2665.jpg

I think it looks awesome!! Great job (I just wanted to say that XD)

I guess I haven't really had time to work on my Belle Cosplay, and then I realized with the X-Mas season, shoes would be on sale! But the problem is I have no idea what her shoes look like. I just know I need to look taller (without killing myself over the heels, and I need heels that are at least comfortable) Does anyone have any ideas. (Any links would help). Can you spray paint shoes also?

Enk
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Why don't people do Ariel's Wedding dress? I've seen ONE person who cosplayed wedding Ariel. It's so pretty and it's a total reflection of the 80's lol.

this may be why it isn't cosplayed often or at all ;)

AllenGale
12-03-2007, 03:03 AM
Ooh, a giant Disney group, that does sound fun. For Otakon 2007, I want to cosplay as Belle along with my friends Sarah and Paige as Aurora and Belle respectively. For Katsucon though, I am in debate over whether to stick with Ariel's pink and blue dress along with Vincent Valentine and my chinese costume, or make more of Belle's costumes? I already got the wig and the earrings neccessary and the blue dress is just easy, decisions, decisions!

Ms.Naru
12-03-2007, 05:08 AM

Though I don't have the chest for her, I've always wanted to do Ariel. Disneyland always seems to find the perfect girls to play her too. They always seem to have those chesticles that can hold those shells in place, ya know? Or maybe they've got magical Disney glue, who knows?

stefunierocks
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi guys!

I'm new to this thread, but not to the boards! Ive done Pirates of the Caribbean costumes for my whole family, and ive sold an abundance of them as well.

I just finished my hoop skirt, as I am starting on my Giselle wedding dress from Enchanted. I'll be debuting the dress at WDW's Pirate and Princess Party in February at the Magic Kingdom!

Look forward to chatting with you all!! :)

Moon_Fish
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Aw good luck with Giselle! I'm actually going to start her wedding dress later this year. Allengale are you a deviantart member?

SakuraAngel
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I've always thought about doing a Disney Cosplay, I might try it after I complete the ones im working on now.
If I did, I'd probably want to go as either Mulan or Normal Belle

TR Rose
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
I finally got Winter Belle mostly finished!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1357757

It's still missing the fur edging on the bottom of the cape, and the ruffles at the bottom of the dress - but I did get it done in time for the Tex-Plex ice skating party. :D

Moon_Fish
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
I finally got Winter Belle mostly finished!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1357757

It's still missing the fur edging on the bottom of the cape, and the ruffles at the bottom of the dress - but I did get it done in time for the Tex-Plex ice skating party. :D

Aw! I loved Belle's winter dress in the movie (The fur trim is adorable ^^) Great job! You make such a cute Belle lol.

kojirojames2004
12-17-2007, 02:30 AM
And congrats to Ambrosia on her Giselle cosplay!

TR Rose
12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Aw! I loved Belle's winter dress in the movie (The fur trim is adorable ^^) Great job! You make such a cute Belle lol.

Thank you so much!
It was always my favorite outfit in the movie but I didn't think I'd have a chance to wear it (this being Texas and all).

EDIT: Another pic, this one with some Photoshopping (background). On DeviantArt:
http://mandyneko.deviantart.com/art/Winter-Belle-edit1-72324600

Moon_Fish
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Thank you so much!
It was always my favorite outfit in the movie but I didn't think I'd have a chance to wear it (this being Texas and all).

EDIT: Another pic, this one with some Photoshopping (background). On DeviantArt:
http://mandyneko.deviantart.com/art/Winter-Belle-edit1-72324600

Lol, Do you think you'll try to make the yellow dress any time soon?

TR Rose
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking about it - although this version specifically:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/teamrocketrose/gold_belle.jpg
(Disney golden princesses - just like the original for Belle but with extra accessories).

I'm seeing if I can convince my husband Concolor to make a Beast costume... :)

Moon_Fish
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I think those dresses are the Disney Princess product line dresses. I actually really like the gold more so than the yellow. I know belle wears a gold dress in the parade of dreams in the parks.

kojirojames2004
12-18-2007, 01:37 AM
And she also wears the blue peasant dress IIRC at the parks for other events.

MaryRyanBogard
12-18-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm hoping to have Aurora's blue dress (blue because I already have a pink ballgown (Peach's)) some time in the near future. My grandmother already bought a lot of this pretty "ice blue" material, which I've informed her will work for the skirt, sleeves and collar but to find that same material in a darker blue for the bodice.

Moon_Fish
12-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Yay, alot of aurora cosplayers do the pink version so it's nice to see some blue ones once in a while. It would be funny to see someone actually cosplay her in a green version of the dress lol.

missind33
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I think it would be great if someone cosplayed as the faeries! Right now I am working on Belle's ballgown version. I am thinking about cosplaying Belle's blue dress in the future....But I am not sure...I also has a question. What should I use as a prop? I was thinking a rose, but I wanted to see if any of you had ideas.

kojirojames2004
01-13-2008, 02:31 AM
And already, with the Tim Burton Disney version of Alice in Wonderland due out in 2010 or 2011, depending on the settlement of the WGA, SAG and DGA talks, Alice cosplay will be at the top of many lists!

TR Rose
01-13-2008, 10:53 AM
I think it would be great if someone cosplayed as the faeries! Right now I am working on Belle's ballgown version. I am thinking about cosplaying Belle's blue dress in the future....But I am not sure...I also has a question. What should I use as a prop? I was thinking a rose, but I wanted to see if any of you had ideas.

I use a book with mine.
I found a hardcover book at the Goodwill and took the dust jacket off.

Quamara
01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
How about Tinkerbell

Major G
01-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, right now, I'm looking at doing a couple of Disney characters:

- Cornelius Fillmore (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/Agent_H/References/fillmore.jpg) (Fillmore! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XwVAiVeZQ))
- Wade Load (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/Agent_H/References/kp_wade.gif) (Kim Possible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7hIZss1b0Y&feature=PlayList&p=BF86D9A2A938DDA8&index=15))

cindrally
01-20-2008, 04:31 PM
yeah, i'll admit to it, i love it.

I started with an Ariel Costume and now im in the middle of a mary poppins one. I have always wanted to make Belle's blue dress, Cinderella's ball gown, and The Briar Rose pesant outfit from Sleeping Beauty. Alice is still on my list though. I just joined today, so hopefully i will have pictures up soon. :)

-C

ai-honey
01-20-2008, 04:40 PM
I've done a Belle cosplay. ^^ *points at avatar*

She needs finishing though (I only had a week to do it.. someone dropped out of the Disney group my friends were doing and I volunteered myself xD), the skirt is missing the gathers and the trim around the bottom. Trying to figure out the best way to do the gathers..

AuroraHermione
01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I've done an Aurora costume, a Wendy costume, Giselle's "True Love's Kiss" dress, and I'm planning on doing her dress from "That's How You Know" (I've wanted to since I saw the trailer). I also plan to redo Aurora, do Belle's blue outfit based off the musical and her ballgown based off of the Parade of Dreams, I'd like to do Alice, and maybe Jasmine. I really like Disney ^^

cindrally
01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
i loved doing Ariel! So much fun. I finally got pics up for everyone to see... :)

Moon_Fish
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Cindrally, I love your ariel! You look just like her too ^^ It looks just like the costume they use at the parks. I'm actually in the middle of making her wedding dress for a con in sept.

cindrally
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
thanks for the compliments :) i had a great time and im really picky about my costumes. I am not a fan of hurried, and minimal effort costumes. So we spent some time with it and it was great.

VLC
01-22-2008, 06:06 PM
wow, Disney cosplay is sooo popular!!
My sister and best friend are planning on doing a disney princess group. My sister is going as Snow White, My friend as Cinderella and me as belle!! We are going into Melbourne city (in Australia) and are just gonna wonder around fro a while lol!^^

oh and ai-honey, i'm going to do the ruffles by putting elastic in strips along the dress. I dunno if thats any help, but i hope so!^^ I'm just concerned with how much i should use because i dont want it too ruffly....

RisuKim
01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
lol awesome!! i have been re-designing disney dresses that i wanted to cosplay as for upcoming cons, but i don't now anything about creating outfits from sketches T___T
gao does anyone live near los angeles???
i'll make a proposition: i sketch, you create, i'll help with whatever. yesh??

hellz i'll pay for some fabric!! i'm desperate!!!

HOLY CRABS!! cindrally! you look just like one of the ariels we had at our enchanted experience event in hollywood!!!! OMG!!!

gao wellz i'm trying to find fabric for giselle's wedding dress.
i'm designing my own version for Fanime's Black&White Ball.
but yeah like... the equipment they used to put those glitter designs, and then the fabric they use for her outer layer skirt. how many petticoat layers she has on under that dang dress, and how to poofy the sleeves!
argh!

kojirojames2004
02-03-2008, 06:13 AM
RisuKim, there's a thread on Enchanted, and maybe you can find answers there. :)

Kiwi54
02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey y'all new to this thread. i'm trying to get a head start of the new disney Princess to be debuted in 2009: http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/0c/Frog_princess_maddy.jpg

Her name is Princess Tiana and she is the first black disney princess ever. As of right now this is the only picture I have to go by, and I know it will change over the course of the year up until the movie. But yeah atleast I have an idea and color scheme.

Oh and just came across this:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First-Image-From-The-Princess-And-The-Frog-7469.html

thie first picture from the Movie the Princess and the Frog.

TR Rose
02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
The new movie looks very interesting - can't wait to see what they do with the story and characters.
Yay for multi-ethnic princesses too. Good to see Disney getting away from the stereotypes so much. :)

Moon_Fish
02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow i haven't seen that pic yet. I just got all giddy. I can't wait to see a new full length 2D disney movie again.

Arista
02-04-2008, 02:36 AM

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First-Image-From-The-Princess-And-The-Frog-7469.html

"Keep your fingers crossed that Tiana is a Mulan and not an Ariel who, we must remember, managed to get the guy without speaking a single word."

Awww... Lol, whatevarrrr, Ariel still pwns! XD (and she's the favorite among the kindergarteners I teach)

I'm really excited to see this movie, too! Besides being the first black princess, she'll actually be from a not-so-distant time period, so it'll be interesting to see how that works. :D I hope this means we'll start to see a wider variety in the Disney Princess line - Even with Ariel, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, etc., you still see so many "Princess" items with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Belle only!

Good luck with your costume! :D

TR Rose
02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I hope this means we'll start to see a wider variety in the Disney Princess line - Even with Ariel, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, etc., you still see so many "Princess" items with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Belle only!

And I'd be happier if I saw more things with outfits other than the "ballgown princess" dresses. The modern princesses especially have so many outfits (Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, even Cinderella has several dresses in her movie?) but you only see the same old ones on the products. No love for alternate outfits (and some of them are really pretty).

Of course, they'll also do ridiculous things like putting mermaid-Ariel on an outdoor swing or sitting on a chair indoors (the Disney Princess calendar I had last year was guilty of both). Wouldn't she, y'know, dry out??

Arista
02-04-2008, 09:48 PM
And I'd be happier if I saw more things with outfits other than the "ballgown princess" dresses. The modern princesses especially have so many outfits (Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, even Cinderella has several dresses in her movie?) but you only see the same old ones on the products. No love for alternate outfits (and some of them are really pretty).

Of course, they'll also do ridiculous things like putting mermaid-Ariel on an outdoor swing or sitting on a chair indoors (the Disney Princess calendar I had last year was guilty of both). Wouldn't she, y'know, dry out??

OMFG YES. It's probably a marketing idea where they try to stick with what is recognizable v. having a variety, but MAN, when I was a kid, I would've LOVED to have Ariel's pink dress or Cinderella's pink dress (gee, can you guess what my favorite color is? XD).

I know! Sometimes, the things Disney comes up with really makes me shake my head. I remember seeing the swing picture and wondering if she flopped over there or something. XD

Man, now I really have the urge to make Cinderella's pink dress. XD

Bagu
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
I just received a letter from Disney Legal rejecting my request to cosplay KH Goofy....a pity. :(

cindrally
02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
HOLY CRABS!! cindrally! you look just like one of the ariels we had at our enchanted experience event in hollywood!!!! OMG!!!

hehe... im sad that i missed that event... i didn't see Enchanted until about 3 days ago, and I am totally in love with it!

I'm from southern Cali so its easy for me to look at the princess costumes in Disneyland and get good ideas about how they are constructed.

Sigh... now... on to how to make those crazy sleeves... dang it Giselle!

HyperrrMouse
02-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey y'all new to this thread. i'm trying to get a head start of the new disney Princess to be debuted in 2009: http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/0c/Frog_princess_maddy.jpg

Her name is Princess Tiana and she is the first black disney princess ever. As of right now this is the only picture I have to go by, and I know it will change over the course of the year up until the movie. But yeah atleast I have an idea and color scheme.

On a similar, note, has everyone seen Disney's Rapunzel? It's going to be hit or miss totally, as the director of Chicken Little is doing it, and they were going for a "Shrek" feel. However, the character design is VERY cute! (though not nearly as glamorous as Tiana, who's beautiful!

http://www.animatoons.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/disney-rapunzel-art-a-web.jpg

Arista
02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
On a similar, note, has everyone seen Disney's Rapunzel? It's going to be hit or miss totally, as the director of Chicken Little is doing it, and they were going for a "Shrek" feel. However, the character design is VERY cute! (though not nearly as glamorous as Tiana, who's beautiful!

http://www.animatoons.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/disney-rapunzel-art-a-web.jpg

Ah, I'd heard about the "Shrek" part, but didn't know if it was true or not. It's gonna be interesting, given that their take on Madagascar (The Wild) didn't do too well. I kinda hope it won't be ALL spoofs/jokes/etc. I miss the simple princess stories haha.

And when's Disney gonna have more princesses with BROWN eyes? Or medium/light brown hair? There are SO many blonde or light haired characters. :/

Sakura-San
02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello! I'm planning to do an Ariel cosplay (normal mermaid form) during the summer so I can wear it for a small con and for Halloween. I was wondering if there are any tutorials on how to make the mermaid tail and fins, what type of fabric to use, etc. Also, if I do the zipper back so I can walk in it, is it comfortable to walk in? Oh, and the shell bra, does anyone know where I can get similar looking shells to maybe glue onto a bra?

This is my first Disney cosplay, so I need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance! :)

cindrally
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Ok, my costume was easy, but i was unable to walk. I could stand, but not walk. When i went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, we rented a wheelchair and my fiance pushed me around. It was really funny... otherwise, he carried me through all the other events. It was hard on him, so unless you have a guy willing to do that... you may want to make it so you can walk.

As far as construction, i bought the fabric for the tail part of the fin, laid on it and had a friend trace my hips and legs on it with a fabric pencil. From there we just stitched it into a tube and kept altering it until it fit correctly. We put a zipper in the side. The top edge was trimmed by a tube of the same fabric i made the fin out of.

For the fin, i basically made a giant sock for my two feet. with a stuffed paddle edge almost the shape that boogie boarding fins are when you put em together. Then we stitched scalloped pieces of a shimmery green and blue fabric to it. Then pull the tail part over the fin part and velcro in place.

I had two tops for this costume... one was a fabric bra, the other hard shells velcroed to a flesh colored leotard. Both worked well, but its cold in October, so i wanted to have a warm alternative...

i have more pics of the construction... PM me if you want to ;)

zootsgirl15
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
I know this isnt exactly disney, but I do plan on making a Thumbelina costume sometime soon
XD
shes just so darn cute!

Sakura-San
02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok, my costume was easy, but i was unable to walk. I could stand, but not walk. When i went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, we rented a wheelchair and my fiance pushed me around. It was really funny... otherwise, he carried me through all the other events. It was hard on him, so unless you have a guy willing to do that... you may want to make it so you can walk.

As far as construction, i bought the fabric for the tail part of the fin, laid on it and had a friend trace my hips and legs on it with a fabric pencil. From there we just stitched it into a tube and kept altering it until it fit correctly. We put a zipper in the side. The top edge was trimmed by a tube of the same fabric i made the fin out of.

For the fin, i basically made a giant sock for my two feet. with a stuffed paddle edge almost the shape that boogie boarding fins are when you put em together. Then we stitched scalloped pieces of a shimmery green and blue fabric to it. Then pull the tail part over the fin part and velcro in place.

I had two tops for this costume... one was a fabric bra, the other hard shells velcroed to a flesh colored leotard. Both worked well, but its cold in October, so i wanted to have a warm alternative...

i have more pics of the construction... PM me if you want to ;)

Oh, I see, hehe. I planned something similar, but I want to put a zipper on the back of the tail so that when I need to walk I can just unzip it into a kind of skirt.

mikcy
02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I really want to cosplay Anastasia. She's one of my favourite Disney characters. <33

jukebox
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Anatasia is actually Fox, but nonetheless, that is awesome. XD That movie doesn't get enough love, and she has soooo many awesome outfits. <3

At the moment, I'm making plans for a Tinkerbell costume. ^^ Though I think I'll be altering the neckline and the back. It's looking necessary, considering my shape is drastically different from hers. Plus, you never know where the creepers are at cons and I'd rather be wearing a bra to Anime North.

Crazy Flower
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Hah! Ursula is done! I just need to debut it and see about transporting it to the con. Even though it's Disney, the KH version is slightly different. (The hair is a different style, the tentacle colors, etc) Either way, I'm proud of it.

Arista
02-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Hah! Ursula is done! I just need to debut it and see about transporting it to the con. Even though it's Disney, the KH version is slightly different. (The hair is a different style, the tentacle colors, etc) Either way, I'm proud of it.

WOAH! That looks amazing! :D And you made Flotsom and Jetsom! Wow... Great job!

@Sakura-San: As far as fabric goes, I'd recommend something that has at least a little bit of stretch to it - it'll drape better and will make walking a little easier. For the fin part of the tail, I'd recommend something that will flow nicely (this'll help give the impression of floating as you move).

For seashells, I'd check costume stores (you could take a "hula girl" seashell bra top and alter the sea shells) as well as craft stores. As it gets closer to summertime, you might be able to find a summer decoration you could use (for mine, I took shell-shaped cups and sliced 'em in half). You can always use real shells, too, but those can hard to work with at times.

Good luck with your costume! :)

mikcy
02-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Anatasia is actually Fox, but nonetheless, that is awesome. XD That movie doesn't get enough love, and she has soooo many awesome outfits. <3

At the moment, I'm making plans for a Tinkerbell costume. ^^ Though I think I'll be altering the neckline and the back. It's looking necessary, considering my shape is drastically different from hers. Plus, you never know where the creepers are at cons and I'd rather be wearing a bra to Anime North.

...True.

note: get some sleep before commenting D:

RisuKim
02-07-2008, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=TR Rose;2270786]
hahaha i got dibs on Mulan!! i'm azn, do martial arts, and if i dress up and am in the mood, i can be a guy! :crylaugh:

ShibaAyame
02-11-2008, 10:38 AM
This year my high school is doing Beauty and the Beast and I plan on taking the Belle yellow gown and wearing it, since I'm probabaly making it for our two lead girls. Either that, or I could get the pattern and make it anyway. But fot the show I'm Babette, which is a very annoying dress to tango in... >.<

Rei Ayanami
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Wow, a lot of people are doing Belle!

I am doing Belle as well. I'm starting off with the peasant gown, and then moving up to the ballgown. A tip on the shoes, Hot Topic has a pair of gold, sort heeled shoes on clearance for $4.98 which are a perfect fit for the ballgown!

Can't wait to post sme pictures!

DISNEY LOVE!!!!

kelldar
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I've got a bunch of Disney stuff in progress right now - Belle's green library dress for Connooga, and a Sleeping Beauty dress I hope to have finished and up on ebay in a few weeks... and then some stuff later in the year for Dragoncon 8)

We're also hoping to get my fiance's Beast costume rework completely finished for Dcon this year, we just haven't had *room* to work on it the past few months!

Moon_Fish
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Well I'm still messing around with the mock up for ariel and my ursula just got her wig the other day. I'm thinking about doing Belle's ballgown later in the year to have for some cons in 2009.

Rei Ayanami
02-12-2008, 11:44 PM
I want to do Ariel as well, but my main problem is that I make my costumes for cons specifically, and, although I have ideas on how to make it accessible in a con, it just isn't comfortable.... or modest! Heh! I'm still toying with the idea though ^-^

I just love mermaid Ariel! If that doesnt' work out, I might start the pink gown Ariel.

-V-

Edmond_Dantes
02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Ok so it's not Disney, but for Otakon '08 I'm probably going to do the Character Tulio from the animate movie "The Road to El Dorado" (if anyone remembers that one XD) It's pretty easy to do so I figured why the heck not.

Chibi Lenne
02-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I just finished my Belle gown (yellow) Hopefully I'll get photos soon, I haven't gotten a wig yet.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1400906/

I also lowered the shoulder straps on it.

livvylove
02-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm planning on fixing my Jasmine wig to be more comfortable and changing the base wig to a longer wig and doing some other minor tweaks that didn't get done because I was in a rush. I'm also going to be making Jasmines Market Place outfit for comfort so that way I can move my arms :)

I'm planning on doing this for Dragon*Con

Rei Ayanami
02-17-2008, 05:55 PM
It's begun! I started my peasant Belle costume last night. The apron is completely done, and I'm gonna start working on the skirt tonight :)

I'll post pictures as soon as I start putting things together ^-^

-V-

AllenGale
02-24-2008, 09:26 PM
yup, also if you check out my deviantart, I have my Ariel Day Dress already posted up there, since I didn't get the Dinner Dress done in time, so feel free to check it out!

HFR
02-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Freezerburn's Ursula here. ;D

@AllenGale: Your day dress came out so adorable! That one was always my favourite of hers. So simple and cute...yet so under appreciated. Great job! :]

Ok so it's not Disney, but for Otakon '08 I'm probably going to do the Character Tulio from the animate movie "The Road to El Dorado" (if anyone remembers that one XD) It's pretty easy to do so I figured why the heck not.

YES. That movie was excellent. I am amazed there are not more costumes made for it as there were many unique outfits. I would be one of the few to recognize and freak out if I saw an El Dorado cosplay. Ha-ha. :D Good luck with that!

Queen Anime 99
02-25-2008, 08:51 PM
I can't wait to see your Ursula. :D I actually saw Little Mermaid when I was around 4 or 5, but I remember Ursula being my fav character. You're doing Christopher Robin!? OMG. That is SO cute. I've wanted to do Winnie the Pooh cosplay ever since I played Kingdom Hearts 1. ^_^ Can't wait to see it.

I'm doing Lock from Kingdom Hearts [Halloween Town]. (Kingdom Hearts has brainwashed me. ^0^)

@AllenGale: Your day dress came out so adorable! That one was always my favourite of hers. So simple and cute...yet so under appreciated. Great job! :]

YES. That movie was excellent. I am amazed there are not more costumes made for it as there were many unique outfits. I would be one of the few to recognize and freak out if I saw an El Dorado cosplay. Ha-ha. :D Good luck with that!

Moon_Fish
02-25-2008, 09:28 PM

^^ So you're doing Chris for 2008 too then?
Well I've been fighting with my whole wig thing I tried to style Ariel's 80s bangs with and old wig and It looks good awful on me so I'll probably just go with a side swept kinda deel. Can't wait to see frollo done too ^^.....Bonjour!

HFR
02-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I can't wait to see your Ursula. I actually saw Little Mermaid when I was around 4 or 5, but I remember Ursula being my fav character. You're doing Christopher Robin!? OMG. That is SO cute. I've wanted to do Winnie the Pooh cosplay ever since I played Kingdom Hearts 1. ^_^ Can't wait to see it.

I'm doing Lock from Kingdom Hearts [Halloween Town]. (Kingdom Hearts has brainwashed me. ^0^)

Yeah, I am very excited about my Ursula. :] Little Mermaid was the first movie I ever saw so it's all <3<3<3. I'll be sure to get some pictures up of it soon. But yes. Christopher is going to be fun. ^^ I even have a cute little stuffed Classic Pooh holding a 'Hunny' pot. I figured that one would be good for my knock-around outfit for shopping and whatnot considering I will not even be able to sit down with all of my tentacles, let alone dare to enter the dealer's room. Ha-ha!

You will have to put up pictures of your Lock costume when you get stuff done with it! He was always my favourite of the little trick-or-treaters. :] It would be /so/ adorable to get three little kids dressed up like Lock, Shock, and Barrel...>w<

^^ So you're doing Chris for 2008 too then?
Well I've been fighting with my whole wig thing I tried to style Ariel's 80s bangs with and old wig and It looks good awful on me so I'll probably just go with a side swept kinda deel. Can't wait to see frollo done too ^^.....Bonjour!

Yepyep. :] What can I say? I'm a destined crossplayer. Pfft. But I'm planning on doing his Classic Pooh outfit [because he's a blonde in there and it's a white shirt with red shorts and black rainboots <3] because personally I cannot see myself wearing the yellow and white polo with blue shorts. :[
Man, Frollo is going to be so fun to wear. XD Now I'm all pumped for '09. :< Too faaaaaar! I'm trying to think of how I'll work his shoes out though...
That sucks about the bangs, dude! I'm sure you'll figure something out that will come out well, though. :]

Moon_Fish
02-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Haha! I know! eight tentacles, don't cut any corners there1 Seriously. Yes the bang thing sucks, but it looked....really...really wrong don't worry I'll make it work. I think i know what Chris outfit your talking about. Is it from the books? Or was it really animated too? Frollo is going to be so awesome..I'm really excited for you^^.

HFR
02-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Haha! I know! eight tentacles, don't cut any corners there1 Seriously. Yes the bang thing sucks, but it looked....really...really wrong don't worry I'll make it work. I think i know what Chris outfit your talking about. Is it from the books? Or was it really animated too? Frollo is going to be so awesome..I'm really excited for you^^.

Seriously. Ha-ha. I just hope I don't run into people. >< That is always such a pain. D:

In regards to the Christopher outfit, as far as I know it was only in the books. If I remember correctly it was the yellow polo and blue shorts in the original Winnie the Pooh series and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh then the white polo came in with the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh [with blue sleeve edges and the blue shorts]. Then the books varied between the red shorts/white shirt and blue shorts and a blue plaid type of night shirt.

Crazy Flower
02-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Ursula only has six (http://hometown.aol.com/vltdisney/ursula02.gif) tentacles. (She's an octopod, but that's because two of her 'tentacles' are arms, yes I did my homework.) No need for extra work when it's not warranted.

Moon_Fish
02-25-2008, 11:07 PM
We already knew that, but with mock up we did it looked akward with only six so we decided to go ahead and do eight.

HFR
02-25-2008, 11:12 PM
It actually varied throughout the film between 4 and 8 [unintentional perhaps, but still...] so it leaves room for artistic interpretation. Plus with how the tentacles are going to be placed on the costume it would have left two open areas had we decided on only six so we went ahead with eight.

Crazy Flower
02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Hmm. Fair point. I wish you luck with it. I think my only regret is that I didn't put wheels in for stabilizing. Even if it's foam and fabric, it will be heavy.

thephotographer
02-28-2008, 11:18 PM

I don't remember much about the show except two things: the music was awesome, and the costumes were incredible. I'm glad someone decided to cosplay that show!

My boyfriend and I have been tossing around the idea to cosplay from Sword in the Stone, myself as "Wart" and him as Merlin (from Bermuda!). I said I'd only do it if my friend was Mad Madam Mim.

*screech* I LOVE that movie! I would totally cosplay Madam Mim if I had a group :toothy:.

I would love to do Mulan at some point, for the entertainment of my Chinese class. (We're all sortof fixated on that movie, and dragons. Everything we do can be related to dragons - EVERYTHING - and "Be a Man" is our class anthem.) Only, my hair is light brownish-blonde and It'd take a LOT of makeup tricks to make me look chinese, considering how pale and pink I am. Ah, well. Someday :D

Mr.Chips
02-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm really starting to have this uncontrollable urge to cosplay Princess Irmaplotz from Dave the Barbarian. I think I may do it for Zenkaikon.

NecroticNymph
03-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I just noticed this thread...

I'm working on an Ariel costume for Megacon next weekend. I'm like 85% finished. So it'll be ready for the con. My boyfriend will be my Eric. I wanted to do Giselle and Robert (Enchanted) but we ended up figuring that the Little Mermaid cosplay would be less work.

So I'll officially be a Disney cosplayer very soon (I'm already a total Disney lover of course, and living only 35 mins from Disney World doesn't hurt!)...and I am putting Giselle and Robert down as a future cosplay plan. I also want to do Megara someday.

Last_Chael
03-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Woo! I LOVE all things Disney! I would absolutely love to be a cast member at Disneyland but alas, I live in Australia!! As well as distance, I have a feeling the accent might be a slight problem :P

My absolute favourite Disney character is Giselle, because in every way I am exactly like her! It's kinda freaky!! MY second favourite (was my favourite before Enchanted) is Snow White, because I look a lot like her. I'm unnaturally pale (no bronzed Aussie look for me :P) with dark hair, though I do have green/grey eyes.

I'm planning on doing all of Giselle's costumes! I'm hoping to make her Andalasia animated dress for a con in April, her Curtains dress for a con in June and then I'm going to work on her Wedding dress over the next year to have it ready for a ball in August next year. I'm a part of a huuuuuge Disney group for the con in June, I unfortunately missed out on Snow White, which was actually a good thing because I watched Enchanted soon after, and realised that Giselle was a much better fit of character for me :D yay!! So I'm their Giselle. We're really excited because we have such a large group, with most of the princesses!

I've already made a Snow White costume, but it was my own interpretation based on the original Snow White fairytale. I would like to make the Disney version, a cross between the Disneyland costume and the costume that Rachel Weisz was wearing for her SW photoshoot.

Rei Ayanami
03-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Do you have pictures of your Snow White costume?! I'd love to see it!!

And Disney doesn't mind accents ;) If you get yourself to any Disney locations (Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo, Paris....) I'm sure you'll get hired ;) My cousin has a THICK accent (still can't figure out what kind of accent it is though! xDDDD) and she works there XP

-V-

Last_Chael
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Sure do :D I don't have many as I didn't have my camera there that day, but I think you'll get the general idea of the outfit. They're in my photobucket (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Last_Chael/Costumes/Snow%20White/Original%20Design/).

Haha that's good to know! Hmm well I'm going to be in Australia for a little while longer (at least another 4 years as I'm planning on doing a Diploma of Costume next year) but Sydney is the best place if they ever decide to open on eup in Australia :D But I will definitel remember that if I ever happen to be able to move to the US

Crymer
03-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Disney Cosplaying is so much! Jack is probably my favorite costume to cosplay in. You got to stand back and look at the audience that Disney movies attract. People of all ages can watch a Disney movie and understand it and connect to it and that's why I think people love Disney Cosplayers.

Purified Ace
03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh, to just be two feet tall! I'd cosplay Stitch in a heartbeat...but, alas, I'll have to stick with the taller people.

As for other Disney cosplays, I'm actually being talked into doing a few.
i.e. Aladdin, Powerline (Goofy Movie), and the Beast. >.<

Mr.Chips
03-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Oh, to just be two feet tall! I'd cosplay Stitch in a heartbeat...but, alas, I'll have to stick with the taller people.

As for other Disney cosplays, I'm actually being talked into doing a few.
i.e. Aladdin, Powerline (Goofy Movie), and the Beast. >.<

I DEMAND a picture when you are finished. Hands down period end. I love that movie. What do you plan on doing for his suit?

Purified Ace
03-08-2008, 02:17 AM
oh, Powerline?

I'm on the lookout for any yellow jumpsuit I can use and/or modify.
The hardest thing I can figure is going to be the snout. >.<
And, just for the record, there will be little to no actual dancing in that. >.< Singing is a maybe. Depends on me mood. ^.^

xfkirsten
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I DEMAND a picture when you are finished. Hands down period end. I love that movie. What do you plan on doing for his suit?

SECONDED. :D I LOVE that movie! :D

Mr.Chips
03-08-2008, 11:57 PM
oh, Powerline?

I'm on the lookout for any yellow jumpsuit I can use and/or modify.
The hardest thing I can figure is going to be the snout. >.<
And, just for the record, there will be little to no actual dancing in that. >.< Singing is a maybe. Depends on me mood. ^.^
Oh come ON You have to sing Eye 2 Eye. What con do you plan on having it ready for?

Purified Ace
03-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Haven't realy deicded. It's more of an idea or posibility as of yet.

Saiokuo
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
For my senior project I redesigned Alice in Wonderland's costume and made it. I know its not an exact copy of the Disney version but it's still relevant, right? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/Saiokuo/Costume/alice.jpg?t=1205187898

Jahursai
03-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Pocahontas and Esmerelda are my favorite Disney women.
I don't think I'd pull off any of them too well though.
So I'm going to CosPlay Kim Possible!

kelldar
03-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I finally finished my green "library" Belle dress, after several weeks of messing with the sleeves :P I've just got to find time to take some pics of myself in it!
And now to finish my Sleeping Beauty :)

eta: finally got pics of my new Belle up! :D

HurricanePandaBear
03-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty close to being done with my Peter Pan costume. =D Really excited to take pictures of it.

But, my school usually has a Disney day during Spirit Week and I've been trying to decide what to do for it. I think I've decided on Belle's blue peasant dress, though. It's still not confirmed about there actually being a Disney day this year...but either way, I'd still love to make the costume. So I'm gonna go through with it anyway. ^_^

_Peppermint_
03-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm in the planning stages of making a scar costume, as I LOVE The Lion King! ;)

thephotographer
03-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm in the planning stages of making a scar costume, as I LOVE The Lion King! ;)

*gasps* I wanted to do that when I was a wee little TLK fan. PLEASE post pictures!

_Peppermint_
03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
*gasps* I wanted to do that when I was a wee little TLK fan. PLEASE post pictures!

Of course! ^^ Its gonna take me a while, but I'm doing the feet first and they shouldnt take too long =)

Kiwi54
03-31-2008, 01:17 PM
OKay SO i finally found the ultimate site so Far for princess Tiana and I know that This: http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=4791781706&PhotoAlbumId=5658020345&PhotoId=7082074758

Is going to be the dress I'm going to make. I like the green one better but the hair on the blue one is the one I think I''ll use. I know it's just concept art still, but they are still awesome dresses

I also like this one too: http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=4791781706&PhotoAlbumId=5658020345&PhotoId=7082041424

the color is beautiful

Liddella
03-31-2008, 06:41 PM
I am actually working on an Alice dress for the convention in my area this summer. I always wanted to dress up as a Disney Character and I thought her outfit was the easier for me to do that I would want to wear.

Next I would for sure do Belle or Snow White.

Moon_Fish
03-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Aw I love snow white cosplayers, there just really isn't enough of them lol.

Liddella
03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
The dress would take me time because of the a perfectionist but I have the baby face for Snow White. :D

Moon_Fish
04-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I finally finished my green "library" Belle dress, after several weeks of messing with the sleeves :P I've just got to find time to take some pics of myself in it!
And now to finish my Sleeping Beauty :)

eta: finally got pics of my new Belle up! :D

I can't believe i didn't post this sooner. Love the dress kell! Even though it was only in the film for a few moments! ^^

kelldar
04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
I can't believe i didn't post this sooner. Love the dress kell! Even though it was only in the film for a few moments! ^^

thank you!! :)

SilentCAt
05-29-2008, 01:42 AM
I was thinking of having my friend cosplay the broadway version of Simba if I cosplay Nala somtime later in the future.
Finding a wig for Pocahontas is a challenge @-@

Gitz
06-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Considering that Disney inspired the style of Anime I say it would make sense to cosplay as a Disney character at an anime convention. But really, who cares if it makes sense or not? You get to dress up all silly when you're not going to a costume party and or when it's not Halloween. XD

Anyway, I plan on making a fursuit of Basil from The Great Mouse Detective myself. One of my fave Disney movies!:heart:

uniquelychallen
06-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Last halloween we had a group of Alice in wonderland characters so we might do that again. {Group: Alice, American McGee's Alice, Mad Hatter, March Hare, Dormouse, Cheshire Cat, King of Hearts, Queen of Hearts. There were others but they never showed up}

Otherwise I would love to do Wall-E even if he is Pixar. Wall-E makes me happy lol.

Vasyenka
06-10-2008, 10:26 PM
You know, I should just get a wig for my own Pocahontas as well. I want to bleach a few streaks in my hair, but that means I won't be able to cosplay as Pocahontas when I do so. It was the only reason I didn't bleach/streak my hair before Fanime, but I ended up not even wearing my cosplay. >:

Rei Ayanami
06-11-2008, 02:00 AM
I recommend get a wig! Pocahontas hair is so unspoiled and plain, so if you ever want to get a neat hair cut or dye it, there goes one of the most recognizable characteristics of the character!

V

NecroticNymph
06-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I love to see so many Disney cosplayers. I hate it when con-goers jeer at us and say we're not anime. We're still animation...and Japan LOVES Disney! Look at Kingdom Hearts! And they have a Disneyland =)

Atheana
06-14-2008, 07:47 PM
hehe.
I've auditioned to be an actual Face character at the park at Disneyland Resort. :P

One hell of an audition if you ask me,
regardless, I'm working on an Ariel ballgown :D

NecroticNymph
06-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm auditioning in the next couple of weeks (gotta get the wisdom teeth yanked out first). We'll see how it goes.