PDA

View Full Version : University of Wisconsin- River Falls Cosplayers

twin_fools
04-22-2007, 12:39 AM
I was wondering... are there any cosplayers here who are going to or go to UWRF? I was hoping to join an anime club at that school, or, if they dont have one, start one up. Any takers?

lathspell
04-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm actually at UW-Superior, but I am seriously, very, very close to going to RF next year. They're getting rid of Japanese here, and RF has two years, so yeah. Anywho, yeah, I would love to ^^ On their website it kind of says they have an anime club.

twin_fools
04-23-2007, 02:29 AM
YAY! You should come! Seriously, you should come *threatening stare*

Anyway, where on their website does it mention an anime club (I've checked through it a couple of times and never come across that...)

lathspell
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Heehee, yeah, I'm 87% sure I will. The main thing that would keep me here is a few friends I made and I work at a costume shop, which is awesome for a cosplayer ^^ and they already told me I have a job next year, so it will be hard to tell them. But I really really want to learn Japanese! People keep telling me to just learn Chinese instead. -_-; Which I'm thinking about taking a year of Chinese, but I don't want to take it instead of Japanese. Anywho, yeah, while I was looking for Japanese I found this page: http://www.uwrf.edu/modlang/2japaneseclub.html They have a Japanese language club and a Japanese animation and film club.

twin_fools
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Cool, and I might be taking japanese at RF as well ^__^
The clubs look pretty promising =)

Martin_Nash
04-25-2007, 12:59 AM
My brother really liked the japanese class offered at UWRF. He also got into the Guy Healy program, and helped out at an english emersion camp over yonder. Good stuff.
He doesn't go to RF anymore, though. I'd thought about going, but I've since decided not to go to college at all.

twin_fools
04-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I've heard really good things about the japanese program there =) Can't wait!