PDA

View Full Version : Free sewing patterns

CezzaXV
04-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Basically, I'm making a costume for my sister, and I'm in a bit of a kerfuffle.

I've been looking on the internet for a free sewing pattern for a blazer (which I'm gonna turn into a Ouran High School Host Club uniform), although I cant afford to pay for it. Normally, the costumes just happen, but with blazers, things are a bit more complicated.

I've seen a few free patterns on the internet for other things, but cant find one for a blazer. Does anyone know of any such patterns on the internet.

tsumikuroi
04-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Finding a blazer pattern is going to be tough... If you have an old blazer somewhere or if you can purchase/acquire one, I'd recommend taking a seam ripper to it and using the pieces as your pattern.

orchidsnv
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
It's possible to get the patterns on sale for a dollar or two at JoAnn's. They just had a sale on McCall's patterns a few weeks ago and Simplicity patterns the week after. They're not free, but they are really cheap.

CezzaXV
04-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Finding a blazer pattern is going to be tough... If you have an old blazer somewhere or if you can purchase/acquire one, I'd recommend taking a seam ripper to it and using the pieces as your pattern.

Yeah, that's not a half bad idea, actually, if I can get the seams open. Thanks for the idea.

Although if anyone knows of any patterns, I'm still open for suggestions.

PeachyMana
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
hey guys! I'm planning to cosplay as Gaara in his outfit from shippuden and I have no idea how to make a trench coat..i have no idea where to start..anyone have any ideas for fabric and a pattern??HELP!

SeraphimRed
05-26-2007, 04:46 PM
if you're going for cheap, try a thrift store. my entire hikaru costume was from a thrift store and altered. you might get lucky and find what you're looking for, and you'll at least have the pattern!

winwood
05-27-2007, 03:36 PM

i second this, if you don't have an old one go to the charity shops near you, oxfam or age concern usually have blazers/suit jackets for around a quid or two.

kojirojames2004
05-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Salvation Army, Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul are the options around my area, as are some for-profit stores like Village Thrift.