PDA

View Full Version : Just got out of a 3 hour wait w/ a badge!

JacksUsername
04-17-2003, 10:22 PM
PHew.....finally...got to the hotel around 7 and then waited for a couple of people, then filled out forms and then the long wait commenced...yikes...never realized they were like this. I'm getting pre-night jitters, so I thought I'd share?

Anyone else have stories about their night so far whether its registration or actually going to the hotel?? See everyone tomorrow!

lialia
04-17-2003, 10:39 PM
3 hours??? uhhhh i think i should get up earlier had i planned O_O*

Michi
04-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Reg lines aren't usually anywhere near three hours, lialia. ^_^; I think JacksUsername was exaggerating. :P A lot. XP

JacksUsername
04-17-2003, 11:00 PM
ok , so I overexaggerated a little bit, but my story needed punch! Although the whole process was about 3 hours. I left on the T about 5 of, got there probably 15 past and then waited for friends and after we had all our forms filled out, we probably got into line about 7:30-7:45, but then we did wait in line til 9:30, and we got back from the T at 10. But there was still a very long wait... :P

lialia
04-17-2003, 11:03 PM
lol ok ya freaked me out in abig way

JacksUsername
04-17-2003, 11:10 PM
there was also quite a few problems with people lacking in a photo id. a few claimed they had no idea they were suppose to bring one. (the person in front of me did this) and although there were 2 clerks for each line --- 2 for preregistered and 2 for registered, it basically halted the line for a while. About three times I was in the same spot for about 10 minutes and it was most likely because of this.

lialia
04-17-2003, 11:15 PM
of course prereged people would need to bring id, they just cant give out badges without knowing its actualy for them

besides if u go into boston without id then.. i dunno youd need to eat a whole lotta smart flakes when u got home

*im talking u as people in general not u the person :)*

Penpen989
04-17-2003, 11:17 PM
ahhhhhhhhh! 3 hours! do u think the line will be that long an a saturday??

Gothic_Lulu
04-17-2003, 11:22 PM
I have a question...

I pre reg a long time ago but I paid with my mom's credit card and I am only 15 so I have no idea....

I will have my Mass General Hospital Card on me though lol Think they will accept it ^___^;;;;;

JacksUsername
04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
I dont' think it will be too much of a problem. One of my friends was actually going for a few people and he didn't have all their Id's. He talked to the clerk for a couple of minutes and they allowed it. The other person in front of me who didnt' have one on her, they called someone over and he verified it...so they do have the power I believe to not need it, but just bring that card to show you are who you say you are...to tell you the truth they didn't even pay much attention to my id...it was just showing it because of a rule, that's all. maybe its different with pre-reg, i just registered for the first time tonight....and the pre-reg line moved fairly fast...the reg line was the slow one/.

lialia
04-17-2003, 11:33 PM
gothic lulu ur only 15? i woulda thought u were closer to my age (20)

i dun think ull have a prob as long as u have the same last name

*is too excited to sleep tho she knows sheel be payin fo it tomorrow*

JacksUsername
04-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by lialia

ACK!!!! I KNOW! I have to get up at least 6ish to get my gel and moose my hair and get my sideburns done and then to dress and stuff...i wanna get there early to see all the commotion....i keep saying 15 more minutes, 15 more minutes...but its too tough

*gets all hyper, runs in circles*

teeheeee

Gothic_Lulu
04-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by lialia
gothic lulu ur only 15? i woulda thought u were closer to my age (20)

i dun think ull have a prob as long as u have the same last name

I get that a lot actually ^__^ I won't be turnin 16 untill this July.....blarg I can't even drive let lol

ChibiRinoa
04-18-2003, 07:32 AM
ack!!! i should eat the smart flakes...i forgot to preregister and now i have to stay in line >.< in costume too....blech

lialia
04-18-2003, 07:33 AM
my friend forgot to register too illprolly be able to find the line and pick up my badge before shes halfway thru :/

ChibiRinoa
04-18-2003, 07:57 AM
they wont...run out of badges will they? that would be a nightmare...

JacksUsername
04-18-2003, 08:11 AM
nah...the badges are just pieces of paper....then you get them laminated...I wouldn't worry about that.

ack! i have to go get dressed soon

Saiban
04-18-2003, 08:44 AM
I was supposed to pre reg yesterday X.x but that didnt happen. Stupid shit went down and I had to fight some pirates. >.<
God damn those pirates.
Hopefully when I get out of class, which will be soon :/
I am heading straight to boston With a fist full of sweaty money and a dream. ^.^;;

shiroi_yukiko
04-18-2003, 02:17 PM
yay for lines... *is dreading saturday* *did not preregister!* Haha.

rei_hino
04-18-2003, 04:47 PM
i preregistered. 2 ppl already knew who I was before I reached my destination. Okay my friends mom parked the car in a distance so my mom, her mom and my friend had to walk a few blocks. my friend didnt dresss up, so I stood out. I was chichiri Lol and i had to dye my hair blue and ppl everywhere on our way were staring while we were laughing! lol a bus full of tourists stopped at a red light while some woman waved at me and ppl stared at me and my friend's like "Welcome to Boston! lol

ChibiRinoa
04-18-2003, 09:05 PM
ok! so its getting late, gotta finish packing, ill see you guys bright and early tomorrow morning! see you all there!!!

Saiban
04-19-2003, 12:54 AM
The Reg line sucked so fucking bad. literatlly a 3 hour wait...
It was fun though. I rocked everyone in SSBM
I lost in the final 2 matches of thr tournament though.
Oh well. :)
I still had a good time.

lialia
04-19-2003, 07:51 AM
yeah reg totally sucked i didnt have to wait for mine but oi had to wait with alicia and i ended up missing almost all of the clubhouse cause i was in line for 2 hours. i also mised the muisic video contest(wasnt gonna wait in that huge line wheni could be walking around doing something else) oh well i would have really liked to see it but by the time everyone got in they wouldnt let neone else in :( im guessing maybe it was a firecode violation or something

everythng else has been really great tho

Koumori
04-19-2003, 08:31 AM
*sigh* I pre-registered and had no trouble, but my friend is joining me today and she didn't. Lines for me.

Saiban
04-19-2003, 08:59 AM
I heard the AMV's werent all that great. My SSBM tourny ran through them, so I didnt get to see the AMV contest. I will be the tall goofy kid wearing the puma sweatshirt today. Come say hi :D

Koumori
04-19-2003, 09:10 PM
I am absolutely furious... I arrived today with my friend around noon, and we were told she could not register since they had already reached capacity. (Before noon. On Saturday.) So since she couldn't do anything, I couldn't do anything either, and we had to leave after the photoshoot. I can't believe they didn't plan this a little better.

Saiban
04-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Well, it really wasnt their fault. They didnt expect so many people.
There was well over 4000 people there today. People who were showing up were told they couldnt enter. Katsucon didn't have as many people as AB did. They werent prepared for so many people.

lialia
04-20-2003, 01:02 AM
:( oh koumori i was wondering why i didnt see you around before or after the masquerade :( that tottally sucks im so sorry

i do agreee tho, this whole thing coulda been run better, and the masquerade was a mess it started almost 45 min late the mc had never seen an anime in his life. and when it was oshi ranma and my turn for our skit A) they never played our music which was crucial to the skit, and B) didnt have the updated cast list(which ranma sent in weeks ago) so although i was quite obviously tifa they called me lialia as a character and absolutely butchered my last name-_-* mugford not particularly difficult sounds how it looks it came out as mugleforte

neways aside from the mass confusion everything was great i have never met a group of people so nice and willing to help out others they barely now as i did today. all of you are tottally the balls

Koumori
04-20-2003, 10:43 AM
It seems like next year they already have plans to get the Park Plaza Castle building across the street as well as the hotel itself, which should help with the crowding problem. And my friend has learned that it's always a good idea to preregister for everything. :P *sulk sulk sulk*

lialia
04-20-2003, 10:45 AM
well there is one thing i have to say about boston con coordinators

man they know how to do it up in style :thumbsup:

my mom thought i was cracking a joke when i told her to drop me off at the park plaza

RichAyanami
04-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Lialia, hahaha, that's one way to put it.... do it in style... The Park Plaza IS a very interesting place for a horde of otaku isn't it...?

I felt so horrible for the people who came and couldn't register. I heard about so many people who came with their costumes that they had worked so hard on just to find out that everything was full....

Maybe people have been waiting for a con in the Boston area? Or maybe many people went just to see what this new con would be like? Don't quote me, but I believe there were a few hundred preregs on thursday night even.. Crazy. Well if the dealers' room is moved to the castle, then at least it will take care of that huge line!

number18
04-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Hmm...to me, I would have maybe not expected, but the thought would have crossed my mind more than once, that a LOT of people would show up to anime boston. Let's just call it the biggest anime con in New England? And that's how many states? Then again...they were only thinking like 600 people would show up at first, when they had ONE voice actor showing up...so maybe they never checked themselves as things were growing. I mean, the gundam voice actors is a big thing.

Thursday night pre-reg was crazy. We got there at 7:30 and then got out at 9:18...that is, we stepped out of the hotel at exactly that time. It was crazy. I also was astonished at the line of people waiting on Saturday morning, thinking to myself that they should have known to come earlier or something. Something! Poor people. :(

Where is the castle? I definitely hope they find more space for next year.

Is anyone thinking of going to any of these other local cons? Bakuretsu con? TOTEMCon?

Gothic_Lulu
04-21-2003, 04:51 PM
A bunch of cosplayers that could not register there tried to buy badges off my mom and sister 0_o

EvilMoogleQueen
04-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Gothic_Lulu
A bunch of cosplayers that could not register there tried to buy badges off my mom and sister 0_o

lol thats funny.

I feel bad for people who came from far away and couldn't get it. that must suck.

JacksUsername
04-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah, its actually a good thing that my friends ended up being able not to go....otherwise they would've come up here for nothing. But I'm only an hour and a half away...some people made a much longer trip, not expecting to be turned away.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-21-2003, 05:24 PM
thank god i preregistered.

AuronTakeo
04-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Pre-reg.... the best thing to ever happen...

hikura
04-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Thank god i pre registered back in october.Then i arrived friday morning at 730 am and had to only wait like 10 minutes in line.The only thing i did not like that i left Upstate NY at 4 am to get into boston early cause i figured if they were going to get mobbed i wanted to be there early.I felt so bad for all the people who couldn't come.

Koumori
04-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Yes, well, my friend has learned a valuable lesson about pre-registration.