PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that went to Anime Boston?

Kiha
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Yaaah you better come to CTcon then. :[
Did any of you go to AB? :3

And CTcon is notttt that far away.
Whatcha wearing?

Gale
04-22-2007, 10:35 PM
I was there as Songstress Yuna (Masq.) and Summoner Yuna (chessmatch)

I'll be bringing Songstress with me to CTcon again for a show I'm in, and if they want Summoner for the chess I'll probably bring that too. I'm also bringing Winry and Lina Inverse.

Mystic Blossom
04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I was Songstress Rikku with Gale, and Marluxia with a big Org XIII group. I shall be going to CTCon as Rikku, Marluxia, and Sophitia from Soul Calbur III.

DS454
04-22-2007, 11:47 PM
i did not go to AB but will be at CTCon. I will see you all there:rockon:

Cels
04-23-2007, 06:43 AM
I was at AB as Saber from Fate/Stay Night ^--^
Definitely going to Connecticon.

Adara
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I went to AB as Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle, Winry from the FMA movie, and Katara from Avatar.

I'll probably have Sophie and Katara for CtCon, and maybe Riza Hawkeye with my boyfriend as Roy Mustang.

Then I'll have movie Winry, Nami from One Piece, Sakura from Naruto, and Fuu from Samurai Champloo for the Cosplay Musical (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL GO SEE! :3) ....

.....and I just realized that's SEVEN costumes for me. XDD Oh man.

Gale
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I went to AB as Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle, Winry from the FMA movie, and Katara from Avatar.

I'll probably have Sophie and Katara for CtCon, and maybe Riza Hawkeye with my boyfriend as Roy Mustang.

Then I'll have movie Winry, Nami from One Piece, Sakura from Naruto, and Fuu from Samurai Champloo for the Cosplay Musical (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL GO SEE! :3) ....

.....and I just realized that's SEVEN costumes for me. XDD Oh man.

wow, lol...yay for Cosplay Musical racking up the # of costumes for all of us XD My first few cons I only ever brought one costume at a time. For this CTcon I expect to have AT LEAST 5 or 6. Sure, a couple of 'em would be minor characters in the musical, but at least 4 of them are major costume I've either worn at other cons or that I'll wear at this one. What the hell?! lol

Dagger
04-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I went to Anime Boston! At AB I was Aerith from Kingdom Hearts 2, Hinamori Momo from Bleach, and Ishida Uryu from Bleach in his school uniform. I'll most likely be wearing Aerith and Hinamori also to AB. I'm not sure about Ishida. I'm also going to try to do Aeris' Wallmarket outfit from Final Fantasy 7 for Connecticon. :)

Yuki Eiri
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Woo, I went to anime boston as Vincent Valentine.. And Game Version Rufus Shinra.. Harhar.. I'll be both again for CTcon, and maybe something else. Im so not looking forward to dying in that costume again, but at the same time, I am! Heheh.. See you there!

Aer Arcanum
04-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Anime Boston was awesome. I was there as KH1 Riku and Aeris, and I can't wait for Connecticon (provided I raise my grades in time). Being in cosplay chess was a blast and I can't wait to try to get in for Connecticon's, too. I plan on bringing Riku and probably Aeris to CTcon too, along with perhaps KH2Riku, Zidane, and maybe, maaaaybe Ancient Thief Yami Bakura ( because there needs to be more Yu-Gi-Oh love at cons. ^_^ )

pretty_in_pink
04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Anime Boston ROCKED!!!! I went as Fuu. I CAN'T wait 4 connecticon...if my mom'll drive me and my friends><". There was a Vincent and I MISSED it!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I will cyberglomp u then. I'm going to this one as Sakura Haruno. (much love 4 the pink hair^-^)

ZorrodelAzucar
04-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Anime Boston was just AWESOME! I went as Howl, and I cannot wait for CTcon!
I'm thinking of bringing my Howl to CTcon as well as military howl and possibly Tamaki from Ouran HS Host Club.

Jenna_Chan621
04-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm trying to go..if I do my friends and I are doing a marvel runaways group

DS454
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Anime Boston was awesome. I was there as KH1 Riku and Aeris, and I can't wait for Connecticon (provided I raise my grades in time). Being in cosplay chess was a blast and I can't wait to try to get in for Connecticon's, too. I plan on bringing Riku and probably Aeris to CTcon too, along with perhaps KH2Riku, Zidane, and maybe, maaaaybe Ancient Thief Yami Bakura ( because there needs to be more Yu-Gi-Oh love at cons. ^_^ )

I will be there as the Dark Magician ^^ and if i am lucky the Dark magician girl will be there again this year. She has gone the past 2 years so i am hoping to see her again

Aer Arcanum
04-26-2007, 03:49 PM
I will be there as the Dark Magician ^^ and if i am lucky the Dark magician girl will be there again this year. She has gone the past 2 years so i am hoping to see her again

Dark Magician?! *gapes* Aweomse!!! I can't wait to see that! I saw Dark Magician Girl there last year, along with a Bakura and a Marik, which totally made the whole con for me (as if Connecticon wasn't awesome enough by itself). I had to hug the Bakura. Actually, I've got a Dark Magician Girl costume as well. I keep forgetting I've already done a YGO cosplay. Hopefully this'll work out too. My grades went up, so I know I'm coming again this year. Can't wait! Hope to see all of you there!

Nagato
04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm planning on going if I can't make it to Otakon. :)

I'll probably go as Yuki again. Not enough time to come up with a new costume.

narutarded4ever
04-27-2007, 02:41 PM
yep i was at AB and am planning to go to connecticon! As time skip naruto all three days again of course, cuz im just that cool. XP

[.x.Ghost.x.]
04-27-2007, 11:13 PM
I went to AB, but didn't cosplay D: -i found i could go on VERY short notice-

But I will be cosplaying (hopefully) as Mother War from the black parade album at CTcon :D I'll be the tall person with a gas-mask XD

LadyHawke78
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Of course I was at Anime Boston! (You know-- running a little event they like to call "The Masquerade"...) XD

I shall be at Connecticon, debuting a top-secret cosplay, and participating in the Cosplay Chess match. (And possibly doing something Anime Boston related in Con Row... we shall see.)

PatrickD
04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I shall be at Connecticon, debuting a top-secret cosplay
I thought that was going to happen at PortConMaine. Are the plans postponed a few weeks? ...or is this some other top-secret cosplay?

LadyHawke78
04-30-2007, 01:51 PM
I thought that was going to happen at PortConMaine. Are the plans postponed a few weeks? ...or is this some other top-secret cosplay?

I'm crossing my fingers that it can happen for PortCon... however that all depends on whether my current method of attaching the fibre-optics works out. I have conned my one local friend into helping me hook up the battery pack to the LED's and figuring out a way in which it can be hooked onto the costume itself.

If this method fails, it may have to wait until CT-con, but I'm not giving up hope YET... ;)

I styled the wig last night. I'll send you photos... :bigtu:

Zepka's_Hollow
05-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I was at Anime boston as Zetsu, in the masq and cosplay chess ninja/shinigami interruption

i will hopefully eb going as Zetsu, either Tobi or Obito, Maybe Zaraki kenpachi...but my goal is to unveil my new costume ill be doing for otakon....Azure Kite from .hack//G.U.

hope to see you all there

Crazy Flower
05-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I am seriously debating it. Seriously. If so, I may have to bring the mega-ness that is Queen Brahne.

LadyHawke78
05-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I am seriously debating it. Seriously. If so, I may have to bring the mega-ness that is Queen Brahne.

OMG-- DO IT!! That costume PWNS.
Although it will be incredibly hot to wear in July...

pretty_in_pink
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Anime Boston was just AWESOME! I went as Howl, and I cannot wait for CTcon!
I'm thinking of bringing my Howl to CTcon as well as military howl and possibly Tamaki from Ouran HS Host Club.

EEEEP!!!! TAMAKI!!!! OMG he's the coolest! Hehehehe u bring that and my friend will stalk u. lol

Mattman81
05-06-2007, 04:39 PM
I didn't make it to AB this year, :(
I WAS at Sarge's Comic's in New London, CT. for Free Comic Book Day. :)
And I WILL be at ConnectiCon.

Hope to meet up with everyone there.

Peace.

Kiarrens
05-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I didn't make it to AB this year, :(
I WAS at Sarge's Comic's in New London, CT. for Free Comic Book Day. :)

Omg I missed free comic day AGAIN!!! *sob* I miss that place so much, now I live an hour away and I can't visit them every weekend like I used to. :( They used to know me by name, I wonder if they even remember me? *tear*

Anyway, I was at AB as Edward Elric in all his forms and guises (lol) and HOPEFULLY shall be at CTcon in the same costume. I might have a family gathering to go to in Minnesota that weekend, and if so, I'll cry...
*edit* Score the family gathering is on a wednesday. :D

Gale
05-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Ah, Free Comic Book Day. I went for a bit, but didn't cosplay. I was trying to buy some games for my gaming club (I'm the Prez.) but it turns out Munchkin isn't discounted on FCD -_-;;;

If it didn't fall on my college's big end of the year day-long concert/party I'd have probably cosplayed. Oh well, maybe in two years, though I'll probably not be living in New London county anymore by then x_x

Rhys Ifane
05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I was at Anime Boston this year. I was Maes Hughes in the coslay chess match too. It looks like I'll probably be going to Connecticon now too. I'll be Hughes all weekend. I'm not bringing Wrath. That costume was a bit of a hassle to get in and out of and I kinda needed a really good friend for it too. >.<

Zepka's_Hollow
05-16-2007, 03:37 PM
well it will be good to see you again hughes

Blaze
05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I was at Boston in my Chii, I also had Hunny on.......(not that anyone acctually knew who I was in it, but whatever.) I'm only going to Conneticon for Sunday since I'm going out for my Bday the night before had, but I'll be Vash in the Chess match :) Hope to see everyone there

cealjlapointe
05-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Rose here from the ed/rose once upon a december skit is here and will be showing up at Hartford this year. ed along beside her of course

kitsuneth
05-28-2007, 02:53 PM
i went to AB. as the one and only ANBU butterfly chouji from Naruto!!! XD and Blue from Wolf's Rain on the last day. I REALLY want to go to Conneticon, but I can't :bigcry: i was able to go... untill i found out that my sleepover camp went right over that DX

Blue Sasarai
05-31-2007, 02:07 PM
i went to ab, and def going to conneticon ^_^ at ab i was roxas, roushi (houshin engi) and youji (loveless).

see you all there!

MEGHANCLAPOINTE
06-08-2007, 08:15 AM
i went to anime boston as Blindfolded Riku, Roxas (org 13 version), and edward elric.

i will be bringing Blindfolded Riku, Edward Elric, and a new cosplay with me to this con!

-Kitsu
06-14-2007, 02:17 AM
I was at AB as mostly Org Roxas and well supposed to be Youkai Goku from Saiyuki but ended up asking a friend to wear it.

For CTcon I will be trying again to do Goku but will also hopefully have Roxas again, Pit from Kid Icarus (Super Smash Brother Brawl versiou) and finalform Ishida Uryuu from Bleach. In otherwords look for the insane props with an equally insane costume. XD

Opera Phantom
06-17-2007, 10:32 PM
At AB I was Organization Roxas w/o the keyblades -- I had the sign: "I traded my Keyblades for Axel" and I was Coronation Gown Garnet in the Hall Cosplay Contest (I won for the crown).

Summoner Yuna and Organization Roxas betch! And I'll have my keyblades - I traded Axel back in for them. XD

Kitsoru
06-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I went to AB. I'm.. probably going to CTcon but, not quite sure yet as far as number of days and such. If I do come, I'll have the one or both of the costume's listed as such in my sig :)

Elliot G.
06-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I went to AB as Zargabath from FFXII, aka the judge with horns you may have seen walking around with a cape. =p

I may be going to this, and you'll probably see me as Watari from Death Note, in all of his old glory. =)

stardust462
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I will be going, I can't wait. I didn't cosplay at AB, but I plan on going as Tohru from Fruits Basket for Saturday.

I will be going with my brothers who usually ditch me and do their own thing (i.e., spend all day in the video game room), so I look forward to meeting some new people at the con.

Baron Cid
07-03-2007, 03:52 PM
wow, lol...yay for Cosplay Musical racking up the # of costumes for all of us XD My first few cons I only ever brought one costume at a time. For this CTcon I expect to have AT LEAST 5 or 6. Sure, a couple of 'em would be minor characters in the musical, but at least 4 of them are major costume I've either worn at other cons or that I'll wear at this one. What the hell?! lol

i know a little late in the discussion to be quoting this... w/e

wow... hmm. Here's my schedule: two different versions of Cloud, Chouji, Joshua Christopher, Cid highwind...i think that's it....
oi. it doesn't sound like alot, but i haven't started yet ^^''''''

Gale
07-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Yikes! You haven't started working on your costumes yet???? GET WORKING! lol

And to think I was stressing that Aeris is only half done....lol

Nuwanda
07-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Yikes! You haven't started working on your costumes yet???? GET WORKING! lol

And to think I was stressing that Aeris is only half done....lol

Hehehe, I had soooo many costumes planned for this convention, but Rufus has been my main concern, so everything else got put on a back burner. Plus, when it comes down to it, my favorite fallback is always Hisoka. I love doing him, so if I don't get to finish anything I planned, no worries for me.

Everyone make sure you come see us all in the musical, BaronCid, Gale and myself! Here's the flyer for it!^^

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/Ryutaru/ctconmusicalposter07.jpg

HanyouKitty
07-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Count me in! I've made a few adjustments for my InuYasha costume (as you can see in my gallery) and I'll probably be making 1 more adjustment for Connecticon. Then I think I'll be able to officially say that it will be complete. Third time's the charm! XD

masterjeditrav
07-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I went to AB on Saturday as RE4 Leon Kennedy. I'll be doing that, a custom Mandalorian, and Indiana Jones for CTCon.

Sakura Kaze
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I went to AB as Tenten, despite the bad costume. It was still her. But if I find a ride to Hartford in 3 days I can go^^. I'm still gonna go as tenten but with a slightly better costume.

kitra
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Tenten...COME ON FRIDAY! NEJI NEEDS YOU IN TEH GROUP!

Jenna_Chan621
07-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm going!!!
I'll be Nico Minou from Runaways accompanied by a Molly Hayes and Alex Wilder

(ps I was the Kadaj in cosplay chess on sunday, and baby Gaara on sat)

LadyRayne
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I went to Anime Boston as Astaroshe Asran. (Like my avatar). I've never been to CTcon before. It sounds like a bit of fun!

staereo
07-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Im considering popping in on Sunday. If so, I'll probably wear jeans. :rofl:

LadyHawke78
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Cool, Bruce. Didn't know you were planning on stopping out on Sun. What time? I'm going to try and head out relatively early on Sunday (probably right after Chess...) in order to save $$$ on parking...

staereo
07-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Cool, Bruce. Didn't know you were planning on stopping out on Sun. What time? I'm going to try and head out relatively early on Sunday (probably right after Chess...) in order to save $$$ on parking...

If it's in hartford (which I think it is, right?) I can be there pretty early. I live right in western mass, I think its about a 35-40 minute commute for me.

If I go, I'll probably be on my bike.

How much does parking run, anyways?

When is cosplay chess?

If I were to go, this would be the only other convention i've ever been to aside from AB. :bigtu:

LadyHawke78
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
It is in downtown Hartford. I think I paid $40 or something last year. I came on Fri, and left on Sun. Got it validated by the hotel.

I know NOTHING about Cosplay Chess other than I am supposed to be IN it. XD Haven't received anything from the Coordinator since, like, April I think. O.o

I know of a cool brew pub you should check out while you are in town...

Gale
07-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I think Matt's trying to haggle the daily max for parking down to $19 and coschess is at noon on Sunday (rehearsal 10am, seating 11:30-12)

Hope that helps :) and I look forward to seeing you guys there!

stardust462
07-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I think Matt's trying to haggle the daily max for parking down to $19

I thought the daily max was $19? Do you mean down "from" instead of down "to"?

Considering the $30+ a day a paid for Anime Boston (I drove into the city each day) I think this is a bargain. However, I do find it strange the rate for those staying at the hotel it is only $1 less at $18 a day.

Gale
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I think its more of a time issue. Their "daily max" is for an 8-hour period, so I think that's more what he's haggling about. And I can't find where I thought I got the "$19" from because said 8-hour "daily" max is $18.

Either way, They're working on lowering it >_>

TheInternet
07-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Yaaah you better come to CTcon then. :[
Did any of you go to AB? :3

And CTcon is notttt that far away.
Whatcha wearing?

you didnt go :(

LadyHawke78
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Bruce, where the hell were you on Sunday?
(I was in Chess from 10 -2 so I didn't have my phone on me...)

Thought you would call while I was out! :(

Jenna_Chan621
08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
*waves hand*
I did
I wish I decided to do Riku thoguh
there was an Ansem there T.T