PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Con '08

Arissa-chan
04-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Anyone have cosplay plans for next year's Con?

I'm thinking either Tsunade from Naruto or Hio Mio from DNAngel.

Justke
04-23-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm going to work on Tidus from FFX, Riku from KHII, and maybe a version of Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura over the summer =) It'll be my first time making a big prop like a brotherhood sword, so that'll require a lot of help lol

Raidenator4
04-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Most likely...
Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto)
Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto)
Matt Ishida (Digimon)
Manic the Hedgehog (Sonic Underground) - That'll be hard, but it might be possible ^-^;; :bigtu:

bishiekeeper
04-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Fai from Tsubasa

Heat
04-24-2007, 02:42 AM
Are you kidding me? I've got plans up to my neck XD

Suigetsu - Naruto
Mugen - Samurai Champloo
Aizen Sousuke - Bleach
Wisdom Sora - KH2
Tamaki-Senpai - Ouran

As always these plans are prone to change but this is what I'm shooting for ^_^

Seijin_Dinger
04-24-2007, 07:38 AM
I am gonna try and do Kimblee from FMA (At least I got the hair I can pull back for it

Also its not from Anime but from a card game called Legend of the 5 Rings (We had Daigotsu at 06) Im gonna try and make Kisada's Armor (meaning a LOT of work)
http://www.animehackers.com/temp/EoME_full.jpg
does anyone know if wonderflex comes in the 1/2 inch thickness?

kolibri
04-24-2007, 01:10 PM
I wanna try my hands on D. Gray-Man exorcist uniforms... and I need to start early. I'm thinking General Cross for the hubby, maybe Miranda for myself.

Arissa-chan
04-24-2007, 01:50 PM
I wanna try my hands on D. Gray-Man exorcist uniforms... and I need to start early. I'm thinking General Cross for the hubby, maybe Miranda for myself.

Were you the Tsunade and Jiraiya couple running around the convention?

GirlyAnimeGirl
04-25-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm going to work on Tidus from FFX, Riku from KHII, and maybe a version of Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura over the summer =) It'll be my first time making a big prop like a brotherhood sword, so that'll require a lot of help lol

Awesome, Finally a Tidus cosplay! *claps* I can't wait to see how that turns out. Hopefully you'll get it done by Sakura Con 2008!

Anyways, I plan on cosplaying as Rikku from FFX and Yuna from FFX also. That's going to be my work for this summer^^

-Tidus

DarkFury
04-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Were you the Tsunade and Jiraiya couple running around the convention?

Yup, that was me and kolibri. Though "running" is a bit a misnormer, those damn geta are tough to move around if you are not used to them!

maron-kun
04-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm planning to be Riku and Roxas from KH2, then Haruhi from Ouran Host Club. That will probably change though... *Cough* I change my mind a lot, haha.

Arissa-chan
04-26-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm planning to be Riku and Roxas from KH2, then Haruhi from Ouran Host Club. That will probably change though... *Cough* I change my mind a lot, haha.

Same here...I'm already getting different ideas for who I'm cosplaying and what my bf can compliment my character with...^^;

Blackjack Gabbi
04-27-2007, 02:51 AM
I *really* hope to do a Wendy O Koopa costume. But I'll probably be JP again too.

Stupid Laura
04-27-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm going as Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, because she is made of awesome. And I can wear my glasses instead of contacts if I go as her. :D My mom and I are planning on going to the fabric store tomorrow to get started!

Kagami-chan
04-28-2007, 02:02 AM
I would really like to do my Misa cosplay for SakuraCon. I'll most likely end up doing Kairi with my remake. And Rin Sohma for sure.

Rhapsodey
04-28-2007, 04:35 PM
I've made it a tradtion now to cosplay in my gruop of friends and with my family, so I will so be going in cosplay. I should be going as pre-Shippuuden Sasuke, Shippuuden Sakura, the 08' mascot, and maybe Shizune if time and money allows. All Naruto again! x3

Justke
04-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Awesome, Finally a Tidus cosplay! *claps* I can't wait to see how that turns out. Hopefully you'll get it done by Sakura Con 2008!

Anyways, I plan on cosplaying as Rikku from FFX and Yuna from FFX also. That's going to be my work for this summer^^

-Tidus

aww thanks :D me too, but since there's a whole year(and summer vacation) to do it, I've got nothing better to do lol oooh, we should get pictures together :D my friends and I are all doing FF characters next year~

Trumby
04-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Right now the only character I am all that motivated to do is Lord Dio from Last Exile. We'll see how that one goes.

Arissa-chan
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Right now the only character I am all that motivated to do is Lord Dio from Last Exile. We'll see how that one goes.

Dio-sama?!?! I'll bring my Sophia costume next year, then. ^^

GirlyAnimeGirl
05-04-2007, 01:20 AM
aww thanks :D me too, but since there's a whole year(and summer vacation) to do it, I've got nothing better to do lol oooh, we should get pictures together :D my friends and I are all doing FF characters next year~

Yeah, we should defientely get some pics together! That's cool that you and your friends are doing FF cosplays! Hopefully we will be able to get together and do a photoshoot ^_^ Oh I might cosplay Lenne to

-Tidus

kelsey uchiha
05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
i'm hoping 2 go as ino or maybe even hinata,............sasuke? i don't really know ,i'm kinda indecisive!!!!(sorry)

kelsey uchiha
05-04-2007, 07:47 PM
oh yeah, or shippuden sakura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!! ok,sorry again!!!

Justke
05-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, we should defientely get some pics together! That's cool that you and your friends are doing FF cosplays! Hopefully we will be able to get together and do a photoshoot ^_^ Oh I might cosplay Lenne to

-Tidus

Oooh, Lenne~ if we found a songstress Yuna and a Shuyin, too.....*___* haha that would be great ^^ the park is just awesome for shots, and we didn't even explore the whole place xD

i think my friends want to do a KH2 group as well :D I'm so excited. <3 Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy

BakaSamu
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Oi...plans for Sakura Con 2008...I have a big list that I must narrow down. There are many cosplays I want to do next year.

For Sure SC08 Cosplay(s)
Fai [Tsubasa] ~ I'll be doing a skit involving him. I might do two of his outfits, but I'll most likely be doing just his Country of Oto outfit.

Possible/Considered SC08 Cosplay(s) ((My list of random or serious ideas I came up with to do))
Ritsuka [Loveless]
Pyoko [Di Gi Charat]
Anti-Sora [Kingdom Hearts II]
Shuichi [Gravitation]
Kenshin [Rurouni Kenshin]
Arashiyama [Papuwa]
Rotaro/Kotaro [Papuwa]
Howl [Howl's Moving Castle]
L [Death Note] ~ I luffle L <3
Mushu [Mulan/Mulan II/Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts II]

I'll most likely add more to that list...hopefully I can narrow it down by SC08. xD

Why must it be so hard to choose?

Arissa-chan
05-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I've decided on a DNAngel character. Question is, would anyone recognize it?

Darkain
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Sakura-Con '08 sure is a long ways away for everyone to get together to cosplay again!! :eek:

In the mean time, I'm working on setting up some cosplay photoshoots in the local area for those that simply cannot wait! :D

Check out the details here: http://www.darkain.com/photos/

Arissa-chan
05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Sakura-Con '08 sure is a long ways away for everyone to get together to cosplay again!! :eek:

In the mean time, I'm working on setting up some cosplay photoshoots in the local area for those that simply cannot wait! :D

Check out the details here: http://www.darkain.com/photos/

Oh! Photoshoot! I wish I could go! I have too much school stuff to do! :bigcry:

maron-kun
05-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I've decided on a DNAngel character. Question is, would anyone recognize it?

If you wore the school uniform, I'm sure tons of people would XD

...or had a Daisuke or Dark wig, hehe.

Arissa-chan
05-16-2007, 11:19 PM
If you wore the school uniform, I'm sure tons of people would XD

...or had a Daisuke or Dark wig, hehe.

I've heard otherwise with the school uniform cosplay, but I could always be wrong.

And I've changed my mind.

AGAIN.

I might do BloodRayne, her schoolgirl outfit, with blades if I can figure out how to make them. And her penguin backpack. Gotta figure out how to do that one, too...

dark_master34
05-26-2007, 01:17 AM
I was Yami Bakura this year and because I saw no Yami Yugi I've decided to go as him. I plan on having a duel with a Seto Kaiba cosplayer in the courtyard on one of the days.

ultimaaa
05-26-2007, 01:40 PM
It's not for sure, but I'm planning Winx Club Enchantix cosplay for next year. Possibly doing Air Gear as well. The only thing I've got confirmed for sure is a Rock Musical BLEACH group. 8D

Kaoru the Vamp
06-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I'll be there:bigtu: . . . I hope:lost: .

last year I couldn't make it because all of my group quit and I would be stuck with the hotel bill. And the flight (I live in CA)

But 2008, I plan on being there.:rockon:

. . . I hope:lost:

Apsara
06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm going as T-elos from Xenosaga III. God, I hate that costume so bad I have nightmares about it. But I'm determined to finish it and wear it. Going on four 2 years now. I shall persevere! @_@

I also have Chandanna (Plastics style) from Five Star Stories and Calintz Jerevinan from Magna Carta Crimson Stigmata.

Kagami-chan
06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Eee. Perhaps I'll be Anastasia from the movie Anastasia. Maybe.

Kaoru the Vamp
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Well, if I make it, the 2 costumes I'll do are black haired Baiken from Guilty Gear:rockon: , and Shinguji Sakura from Sakura Taise (Wars):dance: , and Maybe Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin (if there's an RK gathering, I am there):wave: .

. . . now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to get there.:lost:

Arissa-chan
06-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, if I make it, the 2 costumes I'll do are black haired Baiken from Guilty Gear:rockon: , and Shinguji Sakura from Sakura Taise (Wars):dance: , and Maybe Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin (if there's an RK gathering, I am there):wave: .

Road trip?

Hitokiri Kenshin
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM

If you ever come and do Kaoru, I'd like to take a pic with you as Kenshin.

Ginpatsu
06-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Speaking of Rurouni Kenshin, our Ouran group for SC07 would make AWESOME Kenshin characters! XD We even got the looks and height down.(We got Kenshin/Kenji, Sano/older Yahiko/Enishi (me), Saitou, Aoshi and Misao and we're working on convincing to add a Sagara-taichou to our team.) It'd be awesome if there can be a Kenshin group together. -Blissful look- :skidude2:

As for my personal plans, if I can make next year's con:
Soubi Agatsuma - Loveless
Hatake Kakashi - Naruto
Ichimaru Gin/Kuchiki Byakuya - Bleach
Souma Kyou - Fruits Basket

Kaoru the Vamp
06-08-2007, 07:54 PM
The basic problem is in getting to money to pay for the plain (maybe) and getting a group together to pay for the hotel. (that's what mainly held me back this year:bigcry: they had to back out:argue: )

kelsey uchiha
06-11-2007, 12:42 AM
ok, i've got it shippuden sakura and original sakura and shippuden hinata , also ccs, and deidara and neji...possibly, and my friends are going as kiba, tenten, and tohru!

Raidenator4
06-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Well, my friend just ordered her full Sakura (Haruno) costume, excluding the wig, and then ordered a wig. I'm way behind on these costumes @_@
My Mom's been busy so we haven't looked around for stuff to help with my Naruto costume :<
I'm ordering my Sasuke costume though; That way, she won't have to spend hours sewing, and I won't have to wait and complain through hours of sewing... Just hours of waiting for it to arrive once I order it xD;;
:japan:
Naruto = 45% done
Sasuke = 0% done
Sakura = 100% done (If the costume arrives, that is D: )

...I want to be Sasuke nowwwwww *For absolutley no reason... That shirt looks awesome though x_x*

kelsey uchiha
06-19-2007, 04:59 PM
ok, things have changed yet again, let me add ino, and crossplay sasuke, and possibly sai too! there are way too many decisions!!!!!!!!!!!

Raidenator4
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Okay. My friend's Sakura (Haruno) costume arrived. Not her wig though. >>;
My Mom's gonna order the Sasuke costume soon. Woots. *Will instantly try on the costume xD*

kelsey uchiha
06-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Looks Like I've Got Competition In The Sakura Haruno Department!

Raidenator4
06-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Heh. Yeah. She plans to drag me around everywhere (as long as I'm in the Sasuke costume) to be in character. Aagggh.:waaaah:

kelsey uchiha
06-20-2007, 07:14 PM
good luck!

Kaits
06-23-2007, 05:53 PM
If I have no time then it'll be something from Avatar or FMA that's already done.

If I do have time I'll probably make a Kairi or Roxas to go with my brother's Valor or Final form Sora. And we also might show up as Movie!Ed and Alphonse. :D

Raidenator4
06-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Hokay, I finally ordered my blue!Sasuke costume. The black one was the perfect size for me, but I like the blue better T3T.
I'm getting the black later (A few months or something) though.
Woooh *Can't wait for it to arrive x3*

Kumi-chan
08-29-2007, 03:52 AM
So many I've got planned. Originally I was going to do a bunch of CLAMP but that's changed. Mostly Takahashi now, especially since I've got a group that will do her old-school stuff.

Non-Takahashi (probably only pick two, maybe even just one):
- Kanzaki Hitomi (5%), I've been doing Merle for so long but the pairing I favor is Van/Hitomi. Plus, I'm making a Van cosplay for a friend and he insists that I do something Escaflowne with him, even for a little while. And if I get a haircut, I can do her with my real hair (it'll make it easier to wear wigs anyway).

And...
- Conqueror of Shamballa Alphonse Elric (80%)
OR
- Oto-Waitress Sakura (70%) or Country of Jade Syaoran (0%)

Takahashi (will narrow it down to three):
- Schoolgirl Lum (70%) with Ataru/stormtroopers
- Kyoko (0%) with Godai
- Shampoo (either of my cosplays, 100%) or Akane (60%) or Ranma-chan (new version, 0%) or Akari (0%) or blah blah blah...in any case, something from Ranma 1/2
- Rin (0%) from Mermaid Forest
- Demon-slayer Sango (10%) or Kagome (100%) with an Inuyasha group

And for the masquerade, Juliet!Akane with Romeo!Ranma. This one is for certain.

hi.to.ri
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
geez! there are going to be so many amazing cosplays this year! i'm excited!

hopefully I'll be there as Archer (fate/stay night) and possibly L (death note).

I've got to keep grinding away on this costume or it'll never be done in time! =P

oh, i had a request as well...

a few of us that are coming up (from NV) are curious to see if anyone would be interested in doing an algorithm march around the convention center? we should have 5-6 participants from our group alone, and if anyone else knows it, i think it would be quite the fun group event. (obviously the most enjoyable way to get around the convention. =D)

looking forward to seeing the responses on the thread! ^_^

PuppetSquad
09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I plan on going to the Sakuracon as Kankurou from Naruto XD and with a friend who might be Gaara.

TsukikoAiko
09-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I'll be going as Shana (with Dart and MAYBE Albert) from The Legend of Dragoon and S-ko (with Zappa) from Guilty Gear.

Kurai
09-13-2007, 04:37 AM
After a long time of taking a break from cosplay, I'll be cosplaying Anthy Sakuracon'08! :3 With not one, but 2 Utena's!

I'm really excited to get back into cosplaying like I used to be!

LadyAnissina
10-06-2007, 03:27 AM
I would really like to do my Misa cosplay for SakuraCon. I'll most likely end up doing Kairi with my remake. And Rin Sohma for sure.

I love Rin! I would, but I'd just look silly as her. I'm not tall and slender enough. My husband and I are probably doing Riza/Mustang, Harvey Birdman/Birdgirl, Ichigo/Rukia, and Monarch/Dr. Girlfriend.

twilight_muse
10-06-2007, 06:02 PM
hmm...my brain is all muddled up with cosplay ideas...*sigh*

L-Death Note

that one i am totally gonna make, however, my brain is so fried right now i cant think of anymore cosplays i would want...*thinks real hard* ow...

The~Wind
10-07-2007, 01:44 PM
My list is long... It's gonna take me a bit. Some of my costumes are already finished and some are simply Goodwill costumes. Green is done, Yellow is in progress and red is not even started yet.

Thursday:
Trowa Barton - Gundam Wing

Friday:
Clow Reed - Cardcaptor Sakura
Jin Uzuki - Xenosaga Episode II
Masquerade Outfit - Original Design

Saturday:
Tomonori Nakaura - Juvenile Orion
Human Luna - Sailor Moon S
Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing

Sunday:
Jin Uzuki - Xenosaga Episode III
Bowman Jean - Star Ocean 2: The Second Story

seeminglyeasy
10-07-2007, 05:10 PM
my friends and I are gonna have a different costume theme for everyday. I'm gonna be in a dirfferent skit with each of them. :D

KarinNyaa
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm going to Sakura Con as Mikuru[Battle Waitress, of course], with my friends in a Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu group. We're still trying to find an Itsuki who can do Hare Hare Yukai and maybe even Motteke! Sailor Fuku; so if you're coming as Itsuki message me! Me and my friend who is coming as Haruhi are also gonna sing Cha-la Head Cha-la for a performance of Konata and Kagami! :]

twilight_muse
10-27-2007, 07:13 PM
whoohoo! change of plans!

instead of L im gonna be Tamaki Suou (OHSHC)....yay...although i might just bring along my L costume anyway....mwhahaha

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-27-2007, 08:21 PM
In addition to Kenshin, Barret, and Ebisu, I'm also planning on Blarog from Street Fighter and Takashi Morinozuka from Ouran Host Club.

dark_master34
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
My main cosplay costume for this year will be Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!

I was Bakura last year if anyone remembers seeing me. If not you have a chance to catch me this year.

I also plan on cosplaying as Light Yagami from Death Note!

Bredward
11-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm going as Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa, Sailor Starhealer, and I'm making a Walolita dress that I'll be wearing at some point. The Fai costume is almost done, and I already have the fabric and patterns for the other two.

I'll probably wear the lolita dress on Thursday to pick up my badge and on Sunday, and I'll switch back and forth between the costumes on Friday and Saturday. I'll probably work my giant Jack hat in at some point, since I've worn it on Sunday of the con for the past two years and now I feel like I'm obligated to wear it every year.

myalchod
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
In no particular order:

Ise Nanao from Bleach, because I will have Taichou back. If my insanity holds, there will be a handpainted kimono involved. If not, just a shihakushou. Either way, am working on Book of Doom v2.0, for bigger and better bashings. Should also have a Renji, I think, especially if Kaasan gets her Zabi remade.

Road Kamelot from D.Gray-man, because I have been informed there will be death if I change this one. Same group as last year here -- Earl, Cross-han, and Tyki (though the brotherling's planning on the latest costume), though it looks like we'll be short our Allen from last year. Not sure which outfit. Lero is getting remade, at least, and if all else fails, I'll have a proper skirt at long last.

I may wind up wearing my Okita Souji (Peacemaker) cosplay Day 0, if I have space left to pack it and inclination to wear it. We'll see. Juuni Kokki seems to be cancelled, at least for Sakuracon (looks like AX now), so I might try to get my Nue (Air Gear) costume done instead. Don't know yet -- so much dependent on time and sanity!

Now, how many months do I have again? *commences flailing*

ultimaaa
11-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Aack, plans change (as usual) and so basically my entire Sakura-Con schedule has been reworked. AFAIK, the plans are:

For sure: Rokudo Mukuro (VR arc and TYL) from Katekyo Hitman REBORN!, Kaworu (plugsuit vers.) from Evangelion, Minato from Persona 3, Akito/Agito from Air Gear, and Luke from Tales of the Abyss.

Tentative: Haseo (XTH Form) from .hack//G.U. (I'm wearing it again?!), Chigusa Takako (manga vers.) from Battle Royale.

This is why Sakura-Con '08 is TOOMUCHTOWEARcon. @____@;

Chibi Chichiri
11-13-2007, 02:21 PM
I agree with SakuraCon being "TooMuchToWear"Con. However, my list isn't quite as long or involved...

And in no particular order...:
Jr (EpII and EpIII) - I will DIE if I don't have these done.
Eriol (CCS) - Again, I will DIE if I don't have this one done.
Leon (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - It's partly my fault there's a small SO2 group at con this year. -grins- So yeah, it's a requirement.
Zexion (KH:CoM) - I planned on doing this one for a while and I'll be damned if I don't.

^^flandre^^
11-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll definitely be there.

I'll be cosplaying either Flandre Scarlet or Sakuya Izayoi, both from Touhou Koumakyou ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

And if I manage to not get those finished in time, I'll just be cosplaying ZUN. :3

bizria
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm seriously thinking about Lacus Clyne and her wedding dress. If I can find a wig befitting the elegance of the dress, then I might just go for it. I am also making light work on Tohru Honda and Anthy Himemiya.

Sugarlat
11-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't know where to start!
New plans everyday!

Lemme See:

Kotarou Inuzuka - Negima?!
Kotana Izumi - Lucky Star [School+Cheer, Haruhi cosplay]
Nodoka Miyazaki - Negima?!
Kikyo - Inuyasha
Rina Touin - Mermaid Melody
Mikiru - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Shia [Pajama's] - Pita Ten

Sooooo many to choose from!!!

Javakat343
11-22-2007, 04:11 AM
I'll be going as Arale Norimaki for all you Akira Toriama fans, wedding Yuna (ffx), and, miss golden week from one peice.

Hitokiri Kenshin
11-22-2007, 02:04 PM
You would rock for doing Arale.

LadyAnissina
11-23-2007, 02:56 AM
I'll be there as Rukia/Bleach, Fuu or Jin/ Samurai Champloo (depends on if I'm preggers by then or not), and I'll prob take a day off of cosplay. I'll be new to WA as of January, so if anyone wants to hang out and maybe work on cosplay together, watch some new shows, whatever, I'm down for it! I need to make some friends in the area!!!

Dual Addict
11-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Nirvash from Eureka Seven

anaitaT
11-23-2007, 06:52 PM
my list always changes about a bajillion times, but right now this is it.

Sailor Mars. Good Ol' Sailor Moon cosplay.
Erica from beatmania. I think right now, I'm looking at doing her 6thmix oufit.
Tifa Lockhart, original FFVII game version. I've put this away for the past two years, but if I can stop being a fatty for five minutes I might bring it back out haha.
and possssssssisbly maybe Melfina from Outlaw star. Depends on how my hair is looking, I think my hair is gonna be far too long by the time sakuracon rolls by, though, and I don't want to have to use a wig.

Kioko
11-23-2007, 07:42 PM
WAY too early to plan the days I'm wearing them?
... BUT NOT FOR ME! 8D

Thursday - (none)
Friday - Yoko (Time Skip) [Gurren Lagann], Balalaika [Black Lagoon]
Saturday - Suiseiseki [Rozen Maiden]
Sunday - Tsukasa [Lucky Star]

+ One more...

Rikkizilla
11-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I hope I am not overloading myself this year (which.. I probably am) but if everything goes well it'll be Kamina (Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann), Lambo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!), Junpei Iori (Persona 3), and.. if a friends comes up then Zell (Final Fantasy VIII) also. (Might even rewear Grimmjow if I feel like being half naked even more.) @__@

This seems like the ''set in stone final list''... but everything is subject to change at the last miniute! After all, it is cosplay! XD

Minkao
11-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Have I posted in this? o_o *can't remember, so will post again =D *
One of mine is Yuna from Final Fantasy X, and the other is Anise from Tales of the Abyss!~ =D

Heat
12-05-2007, 01:12 AM
My list is also pretty crazy XD
Lemme think:
Ryuuki Shi - Saiunkoku Monogatari
Sha Gojyo - Saiyuki Reload
Fuuma - X/1999
Aizen - Bleach (Hueco Mundo Arc)
Tsuna - Reborn!
Simon - Gurren Lagann (Commander and Cheif)

and possibly, possibly Lexaeus - Kingdom Hearts: CoM, time, energy and money willing :P

PhotoPanda
12-07-2007, 06:22 PM
^_^ Mainly a Photographer, But i'm rocking Panda from Tekken 5 with my lovely Gf [Handle: Boogz] as Xiaoyu, and might also be rocking Shippuden Chouji!!

Eurobeat King
12-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I'll probably cosplay Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Jann Lee from Dead or Alive during the weekend. But mostly I'll be wandering around the con, taking pictures. See you all in March! :)

UviB
12-08-2007, 12:44 AM
I think I replied to this a few pages back, but I can almost guarantee that what ever I said isn't true anymore >>;;

Saturday is going to be Eugenie from Gankutsuo, that is set in stone. Also, I am going to be cosplaying Tweedle Dee/Dum on Friday, but as for that last day... Well, maybe Hitsugaya from Bleach or someone from Katekyou Hitman Reborn (I got sucked in) I am a sucker for school uniforms so I am thinking about cosplaying Naito.

Trumby
12-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Not sure if I replied in here earlier, but things have changed regardless.

Already have:
Greed
Chloe (Noir, not sure if I'm going to be taking it..)
Pirate

In the works:
Snowtrooper
Twilight Suzuka
Isshin Kurosaki

Of the latter 3, it is going to end up coming down to how much money/time I have to invest to see if I can get them all done.. <.<

Ichigo=15
12-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Forgot when I last replied, but here's what I got going so far:

Finished:
Kurosaki Ichigo
Naruko

In the Works:
Jushiro Ukitake (13th Squad)
'Time-Skip' Aburame Shino
Seele 01

Magical Yuna
12-23-2007, 03:16 PM
This will be my first year going to Sakura con. I have been going to California conventions mostly. I have yet to make a list of costumes. So I'll bring whatever, I can fit in my suitcase. XD!

Eurobeat King
12-25-2007, 03:28 AM
This will be my first year going to Sakura con. I have been going to California conventions mostly. I have yet to make a list of costumes. So I'll bring whatever, I can fit in my suitcase. XD!

Hope you enjoy your first-time to Sakuracon, C. :) It'll be a fun, new experience for you. Is Dante going with you?

I was contemplating DRIVING up to Seattle so i could finally show off my Initial D FC costume at S-con, but somehow flying would be cheaper & faster than driving from San Francisco. :thumbsup: So once again, no drifting around S-con for me once again. hehe

Smoted
12-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Sokay, what's the list now i wonder?

Bleach: Zaraki Kenpachi
Trinity Blood: William Walter Wordsworth
and a surprise one if i can find my sculpy....where are you?

Magical Yuna
12-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Hope you enjoy your first-time to Sakuracon, C. :) It'll be a fun, new experience for you. Is Dante going with you?

I was contemplating DRIVING up to Seattle so i could finally show off my Initial D FC costume at S-con, but somehow flying would be cheaper & faster than driving from San Francisco. :thumbsup: So once again, no drifting around S-con for me once again. hehe

I'm not sure Dante is going with me. He's not sure he can get the time off yet. If he's not going, my mom will go with me to Seattle.. XD! Flying is cheaper. I'll be flying for sure. I can't drive that far either. This whole trip is my folk's Christmas gift to me. :rockon: Much love to them as always.

It would have been nice to see you in your Initial D FC costume, but such as life. I would have liked to bring Lady's bazooka as well, but it's not going to fit in the suitcase. oh well.. hehehe..

hi.to.ri
12-30-2007, 05:45 PM
ahh! it's coming up so soon!

I thought I'd have a bunch of time to finish up a few cosplays over winter break, but it's flying by a bit too quickly. >_<

anyone else freaking out early? anyone have a link to a countdown timer? o.O

Kioko
12-31-2007, 02:59 AM

I am freaking out right with you...>> I have ALOT that needs to be done in a short amount of time. Especially since I have to work on my friends costumes and mine.

The counter is on the main page here. ( http://www.sakuracon.org/)

katenator
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Of course I have plans...I just don't know which one/s to follow.

I have an Integra, a Tifa, and an Alucard if I can get the coat done. A bunch of friends of mine are going to attempt to do a Hellsing group, but we're still missing a few (I think they're all too scared of the Nazis, LOL).

katenator
12-31-2007, 04:40 PM

I thought I'd have a bunch of time to finish up a few cosplays over winter break, but it's flying by a bit too quickly. >_<

I want one. I've been tweaking about this con for months now. O man.

Arissa-chan
01-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I have decided to be a loser and not sew my own costume this year. I feel bad for having to pay someone else to do it (hard to do much with a full time job), but, at least it might fit me better then my other two (my bodyshape is tricky to dress on a day to day basis).

And I'll have a camera to take pictures with this year. Make way for the amateur photographer!

Now, I guess, I just need to worry about is what food to bring...>.> Oh, and I need to order my wig...

Oh, and happy New Year you guys. Thanks for keeping this post alive. I can't wait to see all your costumes. :toothy:

Javakat343
01-02-2008, 03:27 PM
You would rock for doing Arale.

why thank you!

Javakat343
01-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Oooh, Lenne~ if we found a songstress Yuna and a Shuyin, too.....*___* haha that would be great ^^ the park is just awesome for shots, and we didn't even explore the whole place xD

i think my friends want to do a KH2 group as well :D I'm so excited. <3 Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy

I'm your wedding Yuna!

The Evil One
01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Just got my Gabishi jacket remade so he might make an appearance at SC again, though its never as much fun as AE cause of not being able to wear ATs..

Gabishi -Air Gear /Possibly/45%
Junpei - Megatokyo /If wig ever gets done @.@/ ??%
Tidus - FFX /Being goaded into it X_x/ 0%
Roberta - Black Lagoon / Gonna happen/ 0%

EroSempai
01-05-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm going to ask my school if our WHOLE Anime Club can go. Sadly, I really don't know if one parent can take care of... lets see.. 5 minors. Yeah that doesn't go well in my mind. *sigh*

If the school allows us... I'm going as Sai from Naruto Shippuden.
I almost finished it.. just need the scroll, ink holder, scroll, paintbrush.

How troublesome. :snoring:

dark_master34
01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I've been working on my next cosplay costumes ever since last Sakura Con. I'm almost done.

I'm going to be Light Yagami from Death Note, Piro from Megatokyo, I will be returning to Sakura Con on Sunday (Maybe another day) as Yami Bakura and my last one I'm keeping a secret until I know I can do it this year.

hi.to.ri
01-06-2008, 12:20 AM
ooh!! i can't wait to see your Piro! ^_^

dark_master34
01-06-2008, 02:22 AM
ooh!! i can't wait to see your Piro! ^_^

I'm also going to have a Largo, Miho and Dom with me to. I think. I at least know I will have a Largo joining me that day. By the way. It will be Saturday I will be cosplaying as Piro. I might cosplay as him on Thursday. I'm showing up a day early so I can get started bright and early the next day.

Etchy
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I am going again for the third time and I will be cosplaying as Lavi from D. Grey-Man (Friday) Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Saturday and Sunday) and the Trigun Kitty for the rave. I am buying my costumes because I can not sew whats so ever. Though my friend is making my Lavi pants and my Trigun kitty cosplay for my late christmas present.

sakurafairy2005
01-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm going as sakura kinimoto in her winter uniform ^_~

Lady Shinsei
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Too bad you gave up on your Atem costume, Cody. Still eager to find out what is that 'top-secret' costume of yours.

Two out of my three costumes are finished ('Fisherman Gal' from Pokemon, and my roleplay character 'Katherine Leblanc' from the world of Yu-Gi-Oh).

I'm currently scrambling to finish my big one ('Kankuro').

Oh, and happily... this year's con will be the first one that I've ever pre-registered for. What a relief not having to worry about whether or not I'll have money for a badge - and the joy of having my username printed on it!

dark_master34
01-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Too bad you gave up on your Atem costume, Cody. Still eager to find out what is that 'top-secret' costume of yours.

Two out of my three costumes are finished ('Fisherman Gal' from Pokemon, and my roleplay character 'Katherine Leblanc' from the world of Yu-Gi-Oh).

I'm currently scrambling to finish my big one ('Kankuro').

Oh, and happily... this year's con will be the first one that I've ever pre-registered for. What a relief not having to worry about whether or not I'll have money for a badge - and the joy of having my username printed on it!

Not gave up! Just put on hold for now. I want to work on it so more. Well I will tell you this much. Its not from an anime/manga/video game (well maybe that one) I'm working on it as we speak so if I get done in time I will let you know. If not then Kumoricon will be the costume's debute!

Katasha
01-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh I cannot wait for Sakura con this year. We are planning our 17 hour drive down, really looking forward to it.

Eurobeat King
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Since I have to spike my hair for Jann Lee, I might as well wear my Ohgami Ichirou costume from Sakura Taisen ;) I wish I could bring a big push-broom with me since he cleans a lot (and that convention center DOES get messy) but I'll be okay w/o a prop.

Koriko
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM

:3 You're from Fighting Dreamers Productions aren't you? ^.^ I love your photo's and cosplays. You win <3

=D I'll be coming with :

Uzumaki Naruto - Pre-Time Jump
Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist
Heather - Silent Hill 3
Sora - Kingdom Hearts 1

^.^ Miiiight not bring Sora...Due to the fact getting the keyblade on the plane is a hassle...I CAN get it on...I use a guitar case, but its a pain :\ So we'll see. *excited* =D

trapunto
01-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm going in a huuuuge Avatar: the Last Airbender group as Katara. I'm also going as Nana Komatsu from Nana.

Erudito
01-16-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm planning on going to Sakura-con this year, it will be my first time up in Seattle so I'm excited. Anyhow, I have some new cosplay ideas that i hope to finish up for the con. However, I don't know if I want to deal with props and air travel (I'm from SoCal) maybe I'll make it a road trip. Anyhow here's my list:

Keitaro - Love Hina (pretty much a go)
Yamanami Keisuke - Peacemaker Kurogane (Need the blue haori)
Shiki Tohno (in school uniform) - Tsukihime (can't seem to get that school uniform jacket)
Kyoya - Host Club (pretty much a go)
Reno - FF7 (If I want to deal with bringing my rod)
Negi Springfield (magic world arc version) - Negima (Missing a few things, including his staff)
Light - Death Note (might have to pick up the book at con...)
Saki Vashtal - Area 88 (not even close on that uniform, but he's just so cool I really want to put it together)

I'll have a confirmed list before March.
I can't wait to go.

GirlyAnimeGirl
01-16-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm going in a huuuuge Avatar: the Last Airbender group as Katara. I'm also going as Nana Komatsu from Nana.

OMG, I can't wait to see you guys! I LOVE Avatar! If I see you, I'm getting a picture of you guys for sure! I'll be Summoner Yuna ^___~

I'm planning on going to Sakura-con this year, it will be my first time up in Seattle so I'm excited. Anyhow, I have some new cosplay ideas that i hope to finish up for the con. However, I don't know if I want to deal with props and air travel (I'm from SoCal) maybe I'll make it a road trip. Anyhow here's my list:

Keitaro - Love Hina (pretty much a go)
Shiki Tohno (in school uniform) - Tsukihime (can't seem to get that school uniform jacket)
Kyoya - Host Club (pretty much a go)
Reno - FF7 (If I want to deal with bringing my rod)
Negi Springfield (magic world arc version) - Negima (Missing a few things, including his staff)

I'll have a confirmed list before March.
I can't wait to go.

I love Keitaro! I haven't seen a cosplay of him yet! I'll defientely get a pic of you ^_^

Erudito
01-16-2008, 02:10 AM
OMG, I can't wait to see you guys! I LOVE Avatar! If I see you, I'm getting a picture of you guys for sure! I'll be Summoner Yuna ^___~

I love Keitaro! I haven't seen a cosplay of him yet! I'll defientely get a pic of you ^_^

With luck I'll also have the turtle with me.

myalchod
01-17-2008, 10:16 AM

afwef;lkja;lweknfawe.

One SoCal cosplayer to another: OMGYAY! Peacemaker needs more love.

Erudito
01-18-2008, 01:24 PM
afwef;lkja;lweknfawe.

One SoCal cosplayer to another: OMGYAY! Peacemaker needs more love.

A Peacemaker fan!
I have pretty much everything to go as yamanami, including an abacus, I just hope my friend can help me make the blue overcoat (haori) before Sakura Con. Although, I don't clearly remember him wearing one, as he almost never went into battle but, I wouldn't feel like a Shinsengumi without one.

The~Wind
01-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Okay, here's my official list for Sakura-Con'08.

Thursday: Taiki Kou - Sailor Moon Stars
Friday: Clow Reed - Cardcaptor Sakura, Human Luna (masquerade) - Sailor Moon S
Saturday: Tomonori Nakaura - Juvenile Orion, Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing, Human Luna - Sailor Moon S
Sunday: Jin Uzuki - Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose, Bowman Jean - Star Ocean: The Second Story

Raezyn101
01-19-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm pretty positive this is my official list...Though I might bring a few others and mix it around~ Sunday is the only real debatable one.

Friday/Saturday: One of these will be Agito/Akito from Air Gear(With a Simca partner). The other will be Tadase Hotori(Prince) from Shugo Chara(with a Amu Hinamori partner).
And Sunday: Possibly Allen's beginning clothes with Noah playing cards(Random day for both me and my friend). : D

myalchod
01-19-2008, 01:13 PM
A Peacemaker fan!
I have pretty much everything to go as yamanami, including an abacus, I just hope my friend can help me make the blue overcoat (haori) before Sakura Con. Although, I don't clearly remember him wearing one, as he almost never went into battle but, I wouldn't feel like a Shinsengumi without one.

Abacus? AWESOME. And I do remember seeing Yamanami with the haori at least once, though I don't recall right now if it's the manga or the anime it was in, so that's perfectly plausible. Hoping to see you if you cos this, because that would be shiny.

I went as yukata!Souji, but I'm planning on getting my own haori made fairly soon (hopefully before Sakuracon), even if I just wind up wearing it over the yukata. I have my Saizo, though, and that's what counts. :D

ultimaaa
01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Waha, I finally have a set schedule!

Thursday: Kaworu (school uniform) - Evangelion
Friday: Kaworu (plugsuit) - Evangelion; Mukuro - Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
Saturday: Agito - Air Gear; Kaworu (plugsuit) - Evangelion (masq only); Main Character - Persona 3
Sunday: Luke - Tales of the Abyss

The only thing that doesn't have a time to be worn is TYL!Mukuro, but I think it's Sunday. XD I need to check~

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm going up there cause it'll be my 3rd year and because of ALI PROJECT. Damn, SakuraCon has been getting really good guests for the past 3 years. 1st it was Camino, then M.o.v.e and now Ali Project. Damn. I will sell all of my earthly possessions to see them lol

kelsey uchiha
01-26-2008, 02:29 PM
ok...i know this is...probably like post five for me but...plans as is...sasuke uchiha,sakura haruno, L,misa,and possibly hunny and or lenalee.

The_Bunkey
01-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Woooo hoooo, I've got quite a list a growin'!!! ^___^ Loooooolz.

Anyways, here it is as follows in my siggy.

Thursday: One of the costumes depends on how dressed up I wanna get. ^.~
Friday: Karen Kasumi of X/1999, maybe Eigetsu for the masquarade...>.>
Saturday: Eigetsu from Saiunkoku Monogatari. BIIIG group for this one!!!!
Sunday: Son Goku from Saiyuki!!! OI! Gojyo!!! You're a perverted Kappa!!! XP
At some point: Hisoka Kurosaki from Yami no Matsuei. meh...

But yes...many costumes abound for teh short one this year. Go us for getting around 17 people to cosplay X/1999!!! And Saiunkoku Monogatari...well, for those of you who know what it is...>.> ^______^ What I'm most excited for is our Saiyuki Reload cosplay. We have the Sanzo-Ikkou, and 3 of the 4 Kougaiji-Ikkou!!! *happy dance* Aaaaand I'm gonna have me some meatbuns to eat at random points. LOLZ!!! *monkey dance*

See ya there, minna!

the_z
01-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I well most of are still thought but here they are from most "likely" to "most likely not":
Kankuro - Naruto
lil' slugger - Paranoia Agent *
some random boy Persocom - Chobits
Neji - Naruto
Alucard - Hellsing
Jin - Samurai Champloo
The Merchant - Resident evil 4

Erudito
01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I well most of are still thought but here they are from most "likely" to "most likely not":
Kankuro - Naruto
lil' slugger - Paranoia Agent
some random boy Persocom - Chobits
Neji - Naruto
Alucard - Hellsing
Jin - Samurai Champloo
The Merchant - Resident evil 4

The Merchant, nice I always wanted to try that, I can even do the voice.
"Hello, stranger... what'cha buyin'?"

kei_urashima
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Friday - Ocarina of time Link (Possibly, depends on how ambitious I want to be packing my shield in my luggage)
Saturday - Tamaki Suoh (Ouran). I'm also (amazingly) getting my old college roommate to do Kyoya. He's a cosplay n00b so go easy on him.

I remember what a pain it was to change cosplays mid-day last year, so I want to keep it to a minimum if I can.

Kaits
01-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Just found out that me and my brother are attending! Costumes (so far) are:
Me: Fire nation Toph, Tree head, and Ocarina of time/Majora's mask kid Link or San from Princess Mononoke (whichever is completed. :P )
Him: Igloo head and Zuko (Possibly).

Erudito
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Update,

Confirmed Cosplay:
Keitaro - Love Hina (with Tama-chan!!)

Maybe Cosplay:
Mikami Teru - Death Note (it's done, but w/o a Death Note group I don't know if anyone will even know who I am....)
Icchan - Angelic Layer (Got some accessories for this cosplay, but no one seems to know who he is....)

WIP cosplay:
Shiki - Tsukihime (Still don't have the coat)
Balthier - FF XII (Finally found some clothing for him, might get it done)
Yamanami - Peacemaker (Still don't have the Haori)
Kyoya - Host Club (Need a few more accessories)

JenniferPlague
02-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I was planning on being a student from "Welcome to the NHK". But I'd better start planning my costume, 'cause I haven't even started... XD XD

finalmonk
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah so im freaking out about Sakura-con cause this will be my first cosplay and first major fan Con so im really excited and really scared at the same time. XD i think im taking on a harder car to going as the Hollow masked Ichigo. i have the wig and am in the process of making the released form zangetsu. keep telling myself there is plenty of time but i cant help but worry. LOL

Hollow ichigo: 15%

Sirhc
02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
i'm quite jealous of everyone who has a new costume. i couldn't find anything i wanted to do so its just repeats of old costumes for me...

though since this is my first time going to sakura con, its like i have new costumes... in fact none of you know if my costumes are new or not...

in fact, i take that back. i have all new costumes... really :bigtu:

koibito813
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
well, this year will be pretty sad for me. i AM going, but not on friday. and that's a huge blow because i have miss opening ceremonies and meeting early con goers. :( sad day, indeed. last year i could go all three days without tears because it was good friday and my school had spring break the following week...

ANYWAY, that means i'll be cosplaying as female axel on saturday and sunday of the convention if all goes well. i ordered the fabric, wig and pattern last friday and as soon as my mid winter breaks comes in two weeks i'll be slaving myself to that costume. this year will be amazing, i can feel it. <3

the_z
02-04-2008, 11:33 PM
on my lil' slugger - Paranoia Agent cosplay any know if they will let me wear roller blades in the ceinter?

koibito813
02-06-2008, 10:41 PM
on my lil' slugger - Paranoia Agent cosplay any know if they will let me wear roller blades in the ceinter?

well, they've let people go barefoot in the past, so assuming that you don't plan on tackling people while on on the rollarskates, i'm sure they'd be fine.

Trumby
02-09-2008, 05:19 AM
Never assume on that sort of thing..best thing is to talk to staff or the convention center themselves.

AshleySevenfold
02-10-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm not 100% sure if I'm going yet, but it'd be me and my friends Sarah. and maybe a couple of other people.

But I hate going not knowing people. =/
I love meeting new people before I go and then hanging out with them at the cons.
Although, I live in Spokane, so Sakura is only a 6 hour drive, but it's still alot to go through with the passes and shit. So who knows whats going on yet.
I wanna go soooo bad, I haven't even decided who to cosplay for the three days. :eek:

The Evil One
02-23-2008, 05:10 AM

Simple answer, No. You should be able to outside the convention center in the court yard. You may be able to put them on for pics as long as you don't go anywhere, ask at the peace bonding booth at con for confirmed answer. Last year a couple air gear cosplayers were wearing rollar blades in the con and i think it resulted in an incident which doesn't help the issue.

Erudito
02-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Another update:

Confirmed Cosplay:
Keitaro - Love Hina (with Tama-chan!!)
Watanuki - xxxHolic (school uniform, w/ accessories)

Maybe Cosplay:
Mikami Teru - Death Note
Icchan - Angelic Layer
Shiki Tohno - Tsukihime
Dr. Mario - SSBM
Yamanami - Peacemaker (maybe w/o Haori)

Eurobeat King
02-25-2008, 04:37 AM
I got my airline tickets today, and I'll be there on Thursday around noon and then leaving on Sunday around 4:00pm Like previous years, I'll be wandering around on Thursday, taking pictures of any cosplayers I see that afternoon/evening.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing private photoshoots this year or not, but if I do, you'll see the thread for it. I might just concentrate more on doing hall-cosplay & gatherings since last year I missed a lot because I was bogged down with photoshoots. :thumbsup: So i want to be more flexible and run all over the place if I can.

hmmm.. i might bring Shinji from Evangelion and Jann Lee from Dead or Alive if there's a DOA gathering. :)

See you all in a month!

The Kraken
02-25-2008, 01:27 PM
I think we'll be showing up a little on Friday and a little on Saturday. Don't know if we're staying the night or not. I'm just along for the ride!