PDA

View Full Version : What's your new costume this CTcon?

Gale
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I always try to make at least one new costume each year, and since CTcon is the con I always go to I generally debut it there.

This year I'll have at LEAST two new costumes, one much more detailed than the other. Since I'm in the Cosplay Musical I'll probably have a bunch of random costumes, but one I'd like to take off the stage too is Winry, from FMA. It won't be anything special, mostly some cloths I'll buy and alter (if I haven't already, such as with the jumpsuit I'm borrowing from one of Kaylee Frye costumes) but I'm really excited for it nonetheless.

My main costume this year is (hopefully) going to be Lina Inverse from Slayers (this costume specifically the variation from NEXT, aka season 2 of the anime series). I've been waiting to do this costume since I was at least 14--that's over six years ago! I'm so excited to finally be doing it, but also glad I waited since if I'd done it back then my mom would have been making it for me and with Lina as one of my most favorite characters I'd rather put the work into it myself.

What about you?

DS454
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
one hahahaha I got 2 Dark Magician and Tuxedo Mask. I will bring my Duo Maxwell also. I got a new longer wig for it.

Aer Arcanum
04-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I think I'll definately be gettin Zidane done by then, and then hopefully Ancient version Yami Bakura. But it'll probably only be Zidane, because I'm slow with costumes, and I don't want to rush and mess up any of it. ^_^

trainer_kelly
04-29-2007, 01:12 AM
If my cosplay plans don't change...again...I will be going as:

First Day - Kairi (pink dress, KH2)

Second Day - Ash Ketchum (yes, from Pokémon), but in his Diamond and Pearl outfit (Newest Series/Season)...because I love the pants. =O They're totally awesome. The pockets...are like...big enough to hold a cellphone and an MP3 Player.

Third Day - Yasuna Kamiizumi from Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~

First and Third day were changed various times. XD; The last change was because of my friend. =3 She's going as Roxas. And I asked her to be Hazumu. =3

...I'm in charge of making ten costumes though, so I'm (sort of) not happy about that. =_=; I must make three for me, three for my friend being Roxas, three for my younger sister, and one for one of my other friends. XP But that's because I'm the only one who can sew. XD; But my friends are all paying for their own fabric! ^^ Yeah...I'm just rambling now...

Hiro_01
04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
well i wont be much this year unless i whip out my Shuichi battery for the ma squared if i don't have all the people i need for the pokemon group.

My girlfriend and I are going as Team Rocket and my best friend is going as Officer Jenny, or she wants to anyway. And her other friend is going as misty, all we need is nurse Joy, Ash and Brock! i can't wait this is the first cosplay group that's going to work out for me with a hole bunch of people! (i hope)

trainer_kelly
04-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Ooo. =3 That's cool. XD; I'm trying to get my mom to be Jessie. But she's like "But what colour is Jessie's hair? Is it fushia? Or red? It's different depending on the picture." What would you suggest for the wig colour? I was thinking red or burgandy.

Gale
04-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Oi, so major update on my cosplay for this year...Looks like I'll be putting off Lina for another year ONCE AGAIN. I've got too many other costumes to do that require my hair to be blond. So! My connecticon cosplays for this year are now:

New:
Aeris from FFVII
Winry from FMA
Ino from Naruto
Elena from FFVII
Team Rocket Goon

Old:
Songstress Yuna from FFX-2
Summoner Yuna from FFX (maybe)

Holy crap thats a lot of costumes O_o

Luckily the only ones I'm hand making entirely are Aeris and Ino. The other ones are gunna be store bought & altered.

LadyHawke78
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Well-- mine IS a top-secret project at the moment, but let's just say that it will involve fibre-optic lighting... :eek:

Gale
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Well-- mine IS a top-secret project at the moment, but let's just say that it will involve fibre-optic lighting... :eek:

Fiber-optic lighting? Now I'm intrigued.

Hiro_01
05-11-2007, 10:42 PM
*looks up* did i hear lights? I'll be stalking anyone who's shiney if i can get away for a while and if i don't get kidnapped by the staff and be brainwashed into working. >.>

but yahhhhh it looks like people or persons wants my battery back again so i might do that, though have to get the wig again cause i don't know where it went to. - -

but team rocket is in the works as we speak. I hope.

Zepka's_Hollow
05-23-2007, 06:57 AM
well i have two new costumes, i have Azure kite (which i can hopefully get doen in time) and Suigetsu from naruto

*VoD*Shikamaru
05-24-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm making two hopefully. I might only complete one though. If I complete anything it'll be Shikamaru. It'll be my first cosplay too. So I'm trying to put a lot of effort into it. Especially since almost all Shikamaru cosplays are bad. I'm going to try to make up for it.

salazar
05-24-2007, 11:39 PM
i'm gonna be cosplaying as haseo when i'm not volunteering. and maaaybe as hitsugaya, but that costume might be just for otakon. we'll see...

cealjlapointe
05-25-2007, 03:49 PM
rose (fma gown dress)
alphonse (blue jacket version)
noa (funeral dress)
all fma related

Reizoko
05-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Thinking of going as Clara/Psiren from FMA. Not as well known, but she has a surprising number of fans considering the number of episodes she was in. That would be...one.

Hopefully no Eds will chase me through the building. Entertaining thought, though.

cealjlapointe
05-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Thinking of going as Clara/Psiren from FMA. Not as well known, but she has a surprising number of fans considering the number of episodes she was in. That would be...one.

Hopefully no Eds will chase me through the building. Entertaining thought, though.

heh heh my sister and i r cosplaying from fma so we will c u there tsiren
love rose/al/noa

darkjawas
05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
got new cloud from ff7 avent chirldren

MEGHANCLAPOINTE
06-08-2007, 08:12 AM
i'm going as Tomoe Yukishiro kimono. just waiting for wig.

cealjlapointe
06-08-2007, 03:25 PM
yeah i get to stain her with the blood (my fave thing to do to her cuz i hate that charater but i love my sister)

Kitsoru
06-18-2007, 02:34 PM
My new costume will be Jam Kuradoberi's formalwear from the Guilty Gear X drafting artbook :3

-Kitsu
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll hopefully be rocking out my Pit from Kid Icarus and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Also going to hopefully have final form Ishida Uryuu from Bleach all polished by then.

*VoD*Shikamaru
06-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Due to bad timing, I can't go as a Skull Sader this year. I'll have it ready for AB though.

PatrickD
06-29-2007, 09:57 AM
I will be dressed as Matt from Dramacon volume 1 and a tod from the web comic Seraphic (http://www.seraphicblue.net/).

I may bring a third costume for cosplay chess. We'll see...

stardust462
06-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm going to be Tohru from Fruits Basket, and maybe a Moogle. I haven't done cosplay in so long - I'm very excited.

Nuwanda
07-06-2007, 04:19 PM
The finally completed Rufus ShinRa in time for the musical, plus whatever else actually gets done by then. Probably the chocobo and definitely Mugen. We'll see.

By the by, here's our flyer. Everyone come and see the second ever Cosplay Musical!^^

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/Ryutaru/ctconmusicalposter07.jpg

kitra
07-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm adding "Caged" bird wings to my neji costume this year. To symbolise him as a "Caged" being.

BakaBabe
07-07-2007, 09:41 PM
omg i cant wait to see all these costumes!!! :D
im brining my cameraa!!!!!

I'M GOING AS fUU FROM samurai champloo :P
9_9 caps mess up

n..e.. who im hoping to see a jin or mugen since my friend bailed on the Jin costume..eh blah haha

HanyouKitty
07-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Don't think my costume is new, but I myself am a newcomer XD. I'll be cosplaying as hanyou InuYasha one day (probably Friday), youkai InuYasha another (probably Saturday), and maybe human InuYasha Sunday. I don't have a black wig for human InuYasha though, so I might just go back to hanyou InuYasha for Sunday.

Neffy
07-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Finally with the con less than a week away, I can post my group's final costumes. I'll be Moaning Myrtle with a Snape and possibly a Luna (yay random Harry Potter characters), Fish-Eye with the rest of the Amazon Trio in their kimono-ish "disguises," and a random kurololita with my brother as Angel from Rent. It's my first time having 3 new costumes at a convention, so I'm excited. ^_^

sephygoth
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
new getups? secret XP but only second time to CT con, so almost anything is new for that

Gale
07-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Oooh, so you are coming this year? Yay! :D

gemini_swede
07-09-2007, 10:32 PM
All my costumes are new since it's my first year at ConnectiCon.

IF my wigs really make it here by Thursday this is my tentative schedule.

Friday - Chii from Chobits. I might be there with a Freya, but she's not sure since she doesn't have her wig.

Saturday - Larxene from Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

Sunday - Pansy Parkinson from Harry Potter...possibly...probably.

misswednesday
07-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm going this year as Rinali Li from D. Gray-Man.

Which sucks because I only know one other person cosplaying from that anime and its an Allen.

Silvana_Girl
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm only going on Friday seeing that a few days away I'll be leaving for Otakon. <3

I'll be going as the Artbook version of Esther Blanchett from Trinity Blood, (The blue dress, not the white. <3)

gigimardi
07-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm going only Saturday but bringing two costumes. I'm mainly wearing my FFVII:AC/KHII Yuffie costume and changing into my crossplay Homura later on in the day after the KH photo shot for a few hours...then back into Yuffie again.

Fuunaiki
07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Lucrecia Crescent from Dirge of Cerberus....Hopefully I'll master the hair in time and it wont look terrible. I couldnt find a wig and I didnt want to cut my hair because once it curled again it would look bad so I have to use hairclips for the bangs and deal with my too-short-for-anything-awesome hair...and I'm wearing that on Saturday =D