PDA

View Full Version : Original costumes for D*C!!

ErinTheHalfABee
04-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Hello folks, I was wondering if anybody is planning on creating any completely original costumes for D*C this year? I've noticed that original costumes are more prevalent at Dragon*Con than at other cons, and I was wondering if anybody had anything cool planned!!

I myself am planning on making an African-type thing, and another completed priestess outfit that I have.

TechieCL
04-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Well I am in the process of conceptulizing an original costume based on the Shadowrun RPG's. The basic idea is an Amerindian Gun-based Physical Adept (i.e. Native American that uses magic to augment reflexes when using guns).

've got the main pieces already on hand. BDU pants, futuristic handguns to be modded, and a tactical vest. Its the details and extra touch that I'm having a hard time with. That unique blend of native mystic symbols and iconography with bleeding edge technology to give it the proper Shadowrun feel.

Yukizilla
04-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Possibly. I might go since my niece keeps begging me to haul my ass to Atlanta, and Dragon*Con's the perfect opportunity. I think I could convince her to do a somewhat original one with me. Maybe The Crow based. xD

~Take

ErinTheHalfABee
04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh cool, Yukizilla I hope you get to go! D*C is the most awesome convention I have ever been to in my LIFE, and it's completely worth every penny.

Techie, to be honest, I'm not much of one for RP's, but the idea sounds really cool - will you be posting any pictures of it before the con? That way if I saw you, I could pretend to know exactly what you are, and feel special for a minute :P I've always wanted to try a costume with guns...

TechieCL
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh, I'll definately post progress pics...once there's progress to be had. Currently
my hurdle is getting off my ass and researching more native american stuff rather than just sketching in my mind.

a-tastic
04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
To carry on my ongoing theme of transferring my favourite male characters from movies into girlie/loli themes-- this year I'm bringing my Indiana Jonesette. I've got two other pals doing chick versions of Moleram and Short Round...

Also, my friends and I are planning on doing a Alice in Wonderland group of original loli designs. Should be...entertaining.

When the heck am I going to make all this stuff? Hah!

halafax
04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
I might go as the ominous and dark bad guy in the back ground of every game and movie. That stands around in a black and red cloak, and armor underneath. Hand always on his sword.

I need to get my butt in gear to make the armor...

Ive had too many other things going on these days...

Tenel Ka
05-18-2007, 04:43 PM
To carry on my ongoing theme of transferring my favourite male characters from movies into girlie/loli themes-- this year I'm bringing my Indiana Jonesette. I've got two other pals doing chick versions of Moleram and Short Round...

EEEEE! This makes me want to bring the femme-Han Solo costume I have! XD

And Errrrrrin, if the Shadow Priestess gets done (which she must) I will definitely be bringing it to D*C -- if we, you know, have room in the vehicle. Hehe~

london2191
05-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm glad to see original characters. =D D*C is always the best place for those.

*not really original, but it's an original design of Namine from KHII as a child. =3*

ErinTheHalfABee
05-20-2007, 01:16 PM
We should have some gathering of original costumes!!! And Indiana Jonesette, omg genius!

I need to get my butt in gear with my costumes -_-..I have been lazy lately.

lostchildmiroku
05-30-2007, 11:58 PM
last year i had an original that i might bring this year i have been working on my chain mail for the sides