PDA

View Full Version : El Cheapo Custom Naruto Forehead Protector (Tutorial)

Shunko_master
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM
[] white glue
[] bristol board or thin cardboard
[] aluminium foil
[] fabric for sash
[] silver and blackssss paint
[] glossy modge podge
[] one hole punch
[] hot glue et al.

1) Standard forehead protector size: 4.5" long and 1.5" wide. Cut one piece of bristol board to these measurements. Cut one smaller piece to go inside the original piece. Glue both pieces together. Bend both pieces while still pliable until desired curve. Trim all corners into a curve.

2) [Optional] For an aged look, apply one or two layers of aluminion foil to the cardboard pieces. Glue them into place. Let dry.

3) Using the thin card, cut out desired village symbol or symbols. (I dunno how to do a missing-nin, maybe photoshop an additional line into the village symbol?) White glue them onto place on the curved piece.

4) Using a hole punch, punch out six holes. White glue them onto place on the curved piece.

5) Paint with silver paint. Use a diluted black paint to make the details pop. Blot with a textured paper towel for the aged look.

6) Create your sash using the fabric.

7) Use diluted modge podge to protect the painted side.

8) Hot glue the "metal" forehead protector piece onto the fabric sash.

*Make it interchangable by gluing velcro onto the sash and each of the forehead protectors you make.

**I plan to use precut ribbon for the sash - I can't sew...:bigcry:

The finished product:

The finished forehead protector sans sash. (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1067359)

saskue_97
05-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Nice I Will Try That Some Time!