PDA

View Full Version : German industrial...any takers?

Lucifer
04-20-2003, 10:00 AM
I've only recently gotten into German industrial - techno music. My roommates and friends play nothing else.

Most others have no clue what I'm talking about though, so wondered if anyone here did.

My fav band definitely would be E Nomine though.

- Lu-san

daria_jack
04-20-2003, 10:05 AM
You meen like Rammstein?

that's some good stuff

MikigamiTokiya
04-20-2003, 11:01 AM
I love KMFDM, it's been a while since I was really into em but they'er still great

Lucifer
04-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Same here. Ironically some of my favorite songs were KMFDM, but I never knew the name of the bad until a friend handed me the cd.

KANEDA
04-20-2003, 07:23 PM
most industrial is pretty flat and boring... and puts off the image of trying wayyyy to hard. and it gets too fucking mixed in with all the goth bullshit now.

yeah KMFDM kinda got people interested in german industrial..
but they were based outta Chicago actually....

Wonderfuk
04-22-2003, 11:31 PM
come on people at least name some good bands, my favs are
Fennesz, Profane Grace, Foetus Inc, Splinter Test, Thomas Dimuzio, Passarani, Mika Vainio, Women Of The SS.

KANEDA
04-22-2003, 11:47 PM
I think it's funny no one mentioned EINSTURZENDE NEUBAUTEN...

Flexei
04-23-2003, 01:00 PM
I really don't think there's anything special about industrial that comes from Germany, just like i don't think there's anything special about rock that comes from Japan.

I only really like four of KMFDM's albums.. Angst, Money, Nihil, and the symbols album. I think their other albums are pretty crappy with only like one good song per album.. like Save Me off the latest. A lot of bands seem to have that problem though (like Wumpscut's latest... Wreath of Barbs is an awsome song, but the album sucks hardcore).

E Nomine is interesting... I only have one of the albums, Finsternis, and it just got old really quick cause all the songs sounded exactly the same.

I've never liked Neubauten.. I guess it's just too "artsy" or "experimental" or something for my tastes. There's a couple songs here and there... but generally i think their stuff is pretty boring. Yeah, I know its a blasphemous thing to say... but at least I DO like Kraftwerk.

and, i do have to agree that most industrial as of late is pretty "flat and boring". There's a few good bands out there still, but sadly a lot of the ones i really liked aren't around any more (or haven't done anything good in a while). Leather Strip. Front 242. Frontline Assembly (with Rhys Fulbar.. their new stuff SUCKS). Download. New stuff wise, I really love SMP, Assemblage 23, Funker Vogt, Stromkern, Conjure One... other stuff I've heard I just haven't been too impressed with.