PDA

View Full Version : cosplay and couples

kelsey uchiha
05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
my boyfriend doesn't accept me being a cosplayer!!!
suggestions? advice? sympathy? hot sasuke( i wish)

Prince_Malice
05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi...ah... this is John Hansen I share this account w/Dom. He has told me about you um you should known Dom thinks you are the hottest thing on 2 legs, so I think you should tell him you have a boyfriend.

kelsey uchiha
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
um, hi john are u the one obsessed w/ shino? and doesnt he know?i am planning on breaking up w/my bf any way depending on what peoples opinions are!!!i am alittle scared and confused, that is why i am asking for advice!!!

Trumby
05-09-2007, 07:35 PM
All I can say is talk to him about it. If he really won't accept..or even just tolerate..that you are a cosplayer then maybe it's time to find someone else. You'll learn that people who can't accept the fact that you have certain hobbies are probably people you don't want to be around in the first place.

I don't think I've met anyone that will openly protest that I cosplay...yeah they think it's weird and all, but it's my business, not theirs.

kelsey uchiha
05-10-2007, 08:27 PM
thanx, ur probably right!!its nice 2 finally get some help on the matter!! of course its not only cosplay, its the entire otaku culture pretty much.

SvK
05-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I would not make an important decision based on the advice of strangers from the Internet.

kelsey uchiha
05-12-2007, 05:04 PM
oh, i don't actually mean that i am taking all this 2 heart, i just wanna see what people have to say and what they would do in this situation, and see if it seems like a sensible solution.

NytenGale
05-13-2007, 10:17 PM
i have to agree with SvK in that this is not the best place for this....

but if you need an opinion......as long as you're not hurting yourself and/or others, do what you want.....if he doesn't like it....talk it out

this sounds like a very shallow reason to break up with someone....

kelsey uchiha
05-14-2007, 06:47 PM
that is not the only reason, but the others are a little more personal... probably stuff i shouldnt post on the internet.maybe i am being too shallow...

NytenGale
05-15-2007, 10:22 PM
that is not the only reason, but the others are a little more personal... probably stuff i shouldnt post on the internet.maybe i am being too shallow...

again, it seems weird that this is even a thread.....go talk to some RL friends...

good luck, and best wishes with this

kelsey uchiha
05-18-2007, 06:08 PM
thanx, and sorry .

Voishen
05-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Ha! The whole reason i'm so inlove with my boufriend is because he Cosplays with me! (Not to mention dances while Cosplaying and will do pretty much anything else) And is it out right protests or does he just think it's weird, it really depeneds!

kelsey uchiha
05-24-2007, 06:53 PM
both!! i want a cosplat bf...preferably a sasuke!

kelsey uchiha
05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
sorry, meant to type 'cosplay'

Raidenator4
05-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Well from your last post it doesn't sound like you want a cosplay boyfriend, it sounds like you want the real-fake Sasuke.

kelsey uchiha
05-25-2007, 11:49 PM
that is sooooooo harsh!!!

zansatsu
05-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Having a cosplayer girl friend is the best. It would be kind of awkward to have one that didn't.

You'll meet one at a con eventually

Haruhi-tan
05-31-2007, 11:53 PM
If you want a "cosplayer" boyfriend, then get one. Personally, a person's hobbies (pedophilia and such aside) really shouldn't matter. It should be about your feelings for one another. That's like saying, "I only want to date a guy who looks just like an anime character." It's shallow, and more than likely not going to happen. However, if you think that's the only thing that should matter, like you're making it seem in your posts, then by all means go for the boy who looks "OMGJUSTLIKESASUKE."

kelsey uchiha
06-01-2007, 07:05 PM
sorry if it seemed that way, i was just joking. but i would definitely enjoy having a cosplay bf!! i'm starting to think, that i'm to shy to meet one at a con' though!

Korvis
06-02-2007, 02:15 PM
i created a cosplay.com acct just for this question. DUMP HIM if he refuses to accept you doing what you love, and it is OBVIOUS that you love cosplay. He is being selfish, and doesent deserve you, obviously.

kelsey uchiha
06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
thanx! i considered this, but some people are saying that it is a shallow reason to dump him so..

Korvis
06-02-2007, 02:54 PM
its not a shallow reason to dump a person if it is on principle.. i think what people are saying is that if the reason you are dumping him is cuz he doesent look like sasuke, its shallow. From what i understand, thats not the case... the problem is his inability to accept you for who you are. thats the farthest thing away from being shallow that i could think of. If he really likes you, or loves you, then when you lay it out to him as, accept me for who i am or dont accept me at all, thats when you will know what sort of person he is.

not to mention, there are lots of guys out there who wouldnt hesitate to do whatever it takes to make you happy, so if this guy wont, there are plenty who will.

haruhi-tan was right for the most part. hobbies shouldnt be a big deal when you are talking about something like love, but you shouldnt have to give up your hobbies to be with somebody. its really messed up that he would expect you to do that. like i said before... you deserve better.

kelsey uchiha
06-02-2007, 03:24 PM
thank you,i think your right..

Korvis
06-02-2007, 03:30 PM
very welcome ;) hope everything works out for you!

kelsey uchiha
06-04-2007, 06:21 PM
me too...

jyoshimitsu
06-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Having a cosplayer girl friend is the best. It would be kind of awkward to have one that didn't.

You'll meet one at a con eventually

i totally agree!! especially if they are a pro with a sewing machine and can make costumes in a matter of days =)

met at sakuracon 2004 and i pulled a sword to her neck

kelsey uchiha
06-22-2007, 05:28 PM
i totally agree!! especially if they are a pro with a sewing machine and can make costumes in a matter of days =)

met at sakuracon 2004 and i pulled a sword to her neck

that's encouraging!~i wish something like that would happen to me!