PDA

View Full Version : Anime Boston: The Official Aftercon Thread

Studmaster
04-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Well, I just got back an hour ago from Anime Boston. Traffic was murder, but it's good to be home.

A quick personal review. Overall I had a lot of fun with the people that were there. To be honest, I expected very little out of the convention, and I have to say, that I have to eat my words, and eat humble pie.

The convention was very nice, and well ran for the most part. The environment was nice, and almost everyone was friendly, and it was great to see you all in your costumes.

And now let me take a time to say a special thanks to the following people.

Koumori: For organizing the times for the photoshoot, and being a a constant source of cheer and encouragement. You are a dear.

Hikaru: For suggesting the Raffle on improtu, It was great that you gave away prizes for everyone. You started a tradition. :)

Gothic Lulu: For Organizing the suite and Friday Gathering. It was a great oppotunity to meet most of the members of Cosplay.com that came.

Soaze: For being my helper at the photoshoot. You were great man. And I couldn't have done it without you.

And to everyone else. You were all wonderful.

JacksUsername
04-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Hehe, it was definetly worth it and left a really great feeling after leaving my first con. I can't wait til next year! It was nice meeting all of you and I'll give a "here, here!" to all your thank yous, because those people really deserve it, along with you and all the other attendees.

It was a really great experience!

lialia
04-20-2003, 10:47 PM
*waves* im glad u guys got home ok

*points to thank you thread* i cant wait to see everyones pics when they get up especially the big group ones

tsukinohime
04-20-2003, 11:02 PM
In my humble opinion, AB was incredible for a first year con! I was really impressed by how friendly everybody was. I've never been to a con where everyone was so nice! It was such a great crowd!

EvilMoogleQueen
04-20-2003, 11:11 PM
It was so much fun! I had a great time. It was nice meeting all of you. I hope too see you again at a nother con:D

Tribble
04-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Had an amazing time and meeting you all was unquestionably one of the best parts of my experience. This being my first con and cosplay I'm definately geared up to do more in the future. Hopefully if all my summer planning works out I'll be attending otakon this summer. Cant wait till i get my cameras back too, got so many great pics i want to post of people.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-20-2003, 11:35 PM
^ theres a picture of us on fansview. com. :D

Something Lulu
04-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Yeah, traffic once we got into the city was terrible. And despite whatever to-be-expected first-con mishaps occurred, AnimeBoston was a lot of fun. It was really cool to "know" so many ppl before I even got there, and to meet everyone from the boards in person. Everyone there was really nice.

I feel a little bad for the Marathon runners, cuz they were probably really freaked out seeing a bunch of ppl in weird costumes, but hey, we're not the ones in bike shorts in 40 degree weather. lol

RichAyanami
04-21-2003, 12:35 AM
All in all I loved it! I mean I didn't have my friends around with me, and I didn't buy anything, and I got really tired.... lol ...but I got to meet a bunch of new friends, and that's what's important to me.

To Number18 and the bboys out there, I'll work on the break and show for next year ^_~
To Lilli, it was awesome meeting you, you're one of those people who'll stick out in my mind XD
Great job to Michi, glitches are inevitable sometimes, but everything still worked out!
And I'll see everyone at Otakon'03!!

hikura
04-21-2003, 06:33 AM
Hello and yes the con was great.Like i said to studmaster was is a con without some chaos.Chaos and cons are manadatory.Sure some things were delayed and lots of people showed up but somethings con not be controlled and it made for a great con.I had a great time meeting everyone and getting pics of everyone. Animeboston is great and i hope to see everyone again.BTW studmaster you have my batteries give me them back you thief lol(you can keep them it doesn't matter)

TyJILDown
04-21-2003, 08:19 AM
Yes, there were some minor kinks in the con but it is a first year con and ran pretty smoothly even with their lack of volunteers thye said they had.

I think next year I shall return ^^

F4shi0nabl3
04-21-2003, 08:20 AM
yesyes, prettygood for a first year con. My last minute ghetto costume was pretty succesful, it seems, lol. I guess I will have to wear it at some point at other cons (like a one day out of three deal, lol)

Anime_kidd2k2
04-21-2003, 08:31 AM
yea mine was pretty ghetto-ed up too. i just went for friday, but it was awesome! me and my friend ate et the restaurant they have in there, i got a 12 dollar hamburger, and GOD was it good yum yum yum hehe myfriend got a pic of me stuffing my face... (BTW if anyone wants to know, i was chibi-sanosuke, if anyone seen me or anything) yep great great con.

Koumori
04-21-2003, 08:34 AM
As I've probably complained to enough threads by now, the friend who came with me on Saturday (she was Vampire Princess Miyu) failed to preregister, so we were not able to attend any Saturday events and ended up going home and watching Fruits Basket all afternoon instead. I did have a good time on Friday; I especially enjoyed meeting everyone on the boards - what a cool bunch of people.

KuroBara
04-21-2003, 08:56 AM
Hey, did anyone see a schoolgirl Rei Ayanami working in the Dealer's Room? She's my roommate...cosplaying is contagious.

Saiban
04-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Who saw the Samejima Mamimi girl? She was awesome.
That was the best costume ever. :D She was super cute too.
What about the Rock Howard? Anyone get pictures of her?

Studmaster
04-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Yes. In fact I have a picture of the Rock Howard. And in fact. Here is a preview picture of my work there. Attached.

TyJILDown
04-21-2003, 09:42 AM
I have about 100 pictures I JUST resized and cropped, plus a few from the clubhouse. Uploading them now so if anyone needs a full size/high quality version of pics I would be glad to send those separately.

Lilli
04-21-2003, 09:56 AM
Rich, yaaay! It was nice meeting you too! I'm sorry I never did get a chance to go to the clubhouse or find the cosplay.com photo shoot. I keep missing these things ._.; But busy busy weekend, yay ^^; Hehee.

I'll look for ya at Otakon!! I should have a lot more free time there :3 Muehehe, keep an eye out for a chick in a long red dress, toting a gun that's as big as she is, and that's where I'll be ._. Unless I make someone else carry the gun :3 LOL

SuboshiBoy
04-21-2003, 10:06 AM
The con was amazing,...I had lots of fun,....I have One HUMONGOUS THING to say because I felt so bad especially for who I said it to,..but on friday night I think it was I THINK I saw something Lulu and another girl who I believe was Aeris earlier (she had a basket of easter eggs) on they were heading out of the con and I was walking near them and she dropped her mannequin head,...me being the gentleman that I am (sarcastic) I picked it up asnd handed it back,....but along with that I said probably one of the crudest things I could think of to her not even thinking,......I just wanna say SORRY SORRY SORRY I didnt think and I was just caught up with thinking everyone at the conw as my friend and knew my humor I'm not a bad guy I promise so if she sees this I'M SORRY SORRY I felt like such a jerk

OnnanoOtaku
04-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Wow, can you believe the turnout of people for that convention? 3818...whoa!

I think that was one of the most fun conventions I've been to - seeing as the only other one I've been to was tiny. Did any of you see that Hello Kitty music video set to Mortal Combat music? Oh god, that was so funny!

I was in the masquerade, so I didn't get to see any of the other entrees! Can anyone fill me in on the best ones?

You all know that the next Anime Boston is from April 9-11 in 2004, right? Are you all gonna be there? I will! See you next year! -"Tracey" (Day 2: Angelic Layer's Hikaru, Day 3: Cardcaptor Sakura)

Ranma Saotome
04-21-2003, 11:39 AM
Hey all! Ranma here! Just wanted to say that AB rocked me! :) See ya next year! :)

Nintendotaku
04-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Man, this really was an awesome con. But I had one complaint to make about the masquerade...no award for best hair! I think some of you may have seen me, I was Yami Yugi... I spent three hours getting that stupid hair to stick up! But the rest of the awards given were well given, so it's all good!

Man, that Gundam was freakin' amazing. And so was the Pheonix Summon, and the Domo-kuns, and just about every single Angel Sanctuary cosplayer, and I could go on forever because all the cosplayers were awesome!

SuboshiBoy
04-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Nintendotaku
Man, this really was an awesome con. But I had one complaint to make about the masquerade...no award for best hair! I think some of you may have seen me, I was Yami Yugi... I spent three hours getting that stupid hair to stick up! But the rest of the awards given were well given, so it's all good!

Yeah you did have awesome hair,..i liked the gold part hehe

TyJILDown
04-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Oh yes, I got a pic of you after the Masquerade! You did a good job using your own hair ^^

Nintendotaku
04-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Oh yeah, it was lots of fun getting the gold part out...I used the same paint in my hair that I used for my Millenium Puzzle.

I hope the hotel wasn't too mad that the bathroom and pillows in my room ended up all red and gold...

Lilli
04-21-2003, 11:59 AM
^^; Oi. I gave you a poster ._.; And besides, I'd say the reaction you got from the crowd outweighed your hair ^-~

._. Though your necklace was also nice.

SuboshiBoy
04-21-2003, 12:00 PM
OMG that was paint!?!?! I thought it was like the gold gel stuff you can buy,.....that is so crazy lol it looked awesome tho

TyJILDown
04-21-2003, 12:04 PM
Yea, damnnn And I thought I had a hard time getting my white face paint and ears off...I STILL have Spirit gum on my ears after numerous washings!!

Nintendotaku
04-21-2003, 12:07 PM
^^; Oi. I gave you a poster ._.; And besides, I'd say the reaction you got from the crowd outweighed your hair ^-~

Yeah, you did give me a poster ^_^. So...since you said "best hair" when you gave me it, can I count that as an award next time I'm registering for a masquerade :thumbsup:?

I can't believe the reaction the crowd gave me...I mean, that was amazing! Hooray for everybody!

Lilli
04-21-2003, 12:20 PM
O.o Hmm. Lots of people had really awesome hair. The Juri and Ruka cosplayers rocked, they added the bishounen highlights to Ruka's wig ^__^ The Chichiri even took the time to style his bangs up in the gravity-defying style, the Princess Tutu, New England Sailor Moon, and lots of others I'm just not remembering at this moment all had very kick-ass hair. The Final Fantasy Phoenix Summon cosplayer had awesome hair :3

Everyone did such a good job :3 We would have liked to have called everyone up and given them something, but as it is, some people already think we gave too many awards.

You can't please all of the people all of the time ^^ Ah well.

._.;; Your question. Hehee, hm. I dunno O.o I think that had we made up a name and called out an award for you, it'd likely have been something like "Cosplayer With the Loudest/Most Enthusiastic Fangirls" hehee ^^

But I can't speak for the others ._. Still, you did a really good job, keep up the hard work ^-^\/ Gold paint dedication, yay!

MrWonderfulToji
04-21-2003, 12:37 PM
I had a total blast! It was a great time and exactly what I needed. It kind of sucks that I didn't get to meet many cosplay.commers, but I did meet up with studmaster, who is always a cool guy, and something lulu, who is the best lulu I've ever seen. I hope I didn't bother too many cosplayers, but I offered lollipops after pictures to make up for it :) I got yugioh lollipops and I cosplayed Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! so I just gave them out at the con.. anyways,all in all for a first year con, I was really impressed. They had a lot of awesome stuff set up to do, I kind of wish the dance was in a larger place, like otakon, sipmly because I did not feel like waiting in a giant line to get in....
I haven't gotten my pictures yet, but I think the best one *aside from my pictures of me glomping lulu and belldandy* is of me doing freestyle para para paradise or DDR with my plushie belldandy... I have her hitting the arrows!
sean

EDIT: Yugi- That was some seriously impressive hair, I took a pic with you and commented on its impressiveness.

TyJILDown
04-21-2003, 12:40 PM
MrWonderfulToji, it was nice to meet our Big Joe for the Xenogears group at Otakon Don't know if ya remembered me but I'm going to be Tolone, mentioned that when I saw you ^^;;;

The Lollipops were GREAT btw :D

Gothic_Lulu
04-21-2003, 12:45 PM
I had a great time ^___^ I just wrote a lengthy report in my LJ:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/gothic_lulu/

MrWonderfulToji
04-21-2003, 12:47 PM
hehe thanks!
I didn't recognize you at all in your costume! I had no idea it was you! But anyways, it was great to meet you and I am very glad
you enjoyed the lollipops. Nothing like sugar to make sure you can go to all the events you want to! and when its Yu-Gi-Oh sugar...
hehe, So far everyone seems to think I'll make a good Big Joe... I need to start working on the costume! my friend came to AB and was so impressed and had such a good time, he wants to come to otakon now! I think AB was a lot of peoples first con, and it was a very good introduction to a con! It had a great time and it got me really excited to do my stuff for otakon! and I didn't think the dealers room was that bad, considering its size. and from the staffers I talked to, they were expecting half of the total head count. They handled the crowd pretty well! of course I just think the dealers room was good cause I finally got my belldandy plushie! :hugglies it:
TyJIlDown- after seeing your leet liek whut costuming skills, I am CERTIAN that your tolone will be awesome!
sean

Nintendotaku
04-21-2003, 12:49 PM
I learned something first-hand this con...

No matter how good her costume is, a girl cosplaying as a boy NEVER wants to hear anything like "Holy crap, you're a girl, aren't you!?" Trust me, there's no way to talk yourself out of that.

Also a ton of thanks to MrWonderfulToji and everyone else who complimented my hair. It makes it worth the torture I did to my scalp!

number18
04-21-2003, 01:02 PM
Nintendotaku! I feel like such an ass because I didn't get a pic of you for some reason. But AHHHHHHHHH your masquerade was SO AWESOME! I was in my seat going "heat of the cards! heart of the cards!" to myself before you said it. Totally awesome. And let my say I <3 your avatar. To da max.

Lilli, I realize now it might have sounded rude, the comment about the singing in the other thread. Really I mean a soundcheck in like....hmm, I dunno if it is even called a soundcheck, but the speakers were always up way too high and bah...it made things sound muffled in a way and was just too loud for my ears to handle. The actual singing was fantastic and I really really enjoyed it. The Sakura Taisen theme song sounded so good! whoooo!

Hikura, it was sooo very nice to meet up with you. Your costume was awesomely awesome. Still disappointed you did not show up to the dances, but what more can I ask? Thank you for the Pocky ^_^ and the storage space. It was so nice of you. Thank you again, veddy veddy much.

Saiban, I like...wish I could have been in the tourney, but my skills are not that high a caliber. Damn shame. Same thing with MvsC2 and GGXX. I would have liked to play so much, just...haven't had enough time to play them. :( Did you try Para Para? =squeals about it's fun factor again=

Koumori, very good cookies. Thanks for shutting me up about the wig. Thanks everyone else for stroking my ego and saying the costume looked good. lol. I didn't realize I had made such a big fuss about it. u.u;;;;;

RichAyanami!!! You look-a so good-a! At least we got to hang around at the dance for a little bit, though the DJ was playing such songs with the pauses and whatnot. You were totally killin it in that suit of yours on Saturday (I assume a j-rock person but I'm just not familiar with any except Mana maybe). And yes. We will do something ill at the next dance ...or...something. Well, prolly the other guys will be way better, but oh well. I <3 you.

Something Lulu, I really liked your Lulu costume. It seemed to be very fitting on you. ^_^ Sorry that goofy breakdance pose picture came out so crappy. :/ I didn't even end up like....breakdancing at the dances, though...the songs had too fast a pace for my novice feet, not to mention they were already dead from walking in those heels all day long. :( I was disappointed in myself. Even #17, who has like, true infinite energy was a little down on it.

Person from Shaman King, what's your user name? I still never caught it...or like, could not hear it too good when you told me. Hope the quarter exchange went well. lol...

And as for the masquerade...I was also disappointed in it (will say it outright now since everyone else seems to not care). #17 and I tried to sign up for it on Saturday. Friday we tried to sign up but the person there taking people had no clue what he was supposed to do and said he didn't have all the papers for us to fill. Said to come back Saturday. So when we did, it was apparently all full, with the very last person allowed for a catwalk spot filling out the sheet in front of us. And "We're too sexy for our circuits" was such a cute title, even though it was just going to be a catwalk entry. But anyways, we wait almost a full hour after seating for it to start and all that commotion is going on...it was very disappointing, especially now learning only about half the entrants showed up and we probably could have worked our way on for a 30 second catwalk. :( And like, I wasn't planning on doing it, but the idea got in my head and to not do it was blaah. Oh well. And about the masquerade coordinator, Michi I think...I was hanging out with a few friends of mine that were on staff when apparently she walked out during the middle of a panel or something and some staff had to scramble to cover up for her. I don't want to say anything bad, but if that's what happened again during the masquerade, I find that VERY unprofessional and immature. :P

But great first con for me and #17. I was surprised people kept asking to take our pictures. I honestly didn't think DBZ would be that popular. And I got pictures with Krillin! Eee! ^_^ Enough of that though. It was so exciting and pleasent to meet everybody from the forums. Really. It was nice to have somebody to say hi to in the hallways all the time. It really made the con more enjoyable for #17 and myself both.

<3's to you all.

ps - did anyone happen to catch the name of that AWESOME Kakashi from Naruto? He was so cool! Maybe he'll show up on the boards...

Nintendotaku
04-21-2003, 01:14 PM
#18, did I meet you at all during the con? If you want a picture of me (or anyone else at the con for that matter), I know there are a couple at Fansview. I'll upload one right here though, just to be convenient.

Gothic_Lulu
04-21-2003, 01:18 PM
#18, did I meet you at all during the con? If you want a picture of me (or anyone else at the con for that matter), I know there are a couple at Fansview. I'll upload one right here though, just to be convenient.

I remember you ^__^ You were sitting right in front of me during the masquerade. They gave you the best hair award at the end right? ^_^

number18
04-21-2003, 01:18 PM
No, we didn't meet. I just kept kinda admiring you from a distance and saying that's so cool...but I never took a picture. Nor did I take one of the Guts cosplayer and I did the same stare but not take picture thing...

d'oh!

Nintendotaku
04-21-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm sure I can get one of Guts for you if you'd like...he's actually a really good friend of mine IRL. That's really strange, he and I weren't hanging out at all this weekend but we still managed to get stalked by the same people. If you want I could give you his screenname; he's a really nice guy.

Nintendotaku
04-21-2003, 01:51 PM
And Gothic Lulu, yes, I did get the best hair "award"... pretty unnoficially, though ^^;;. I went up afterwards and said "Hey, how could you not have an award for best hair?" so she gave me a poster and said "Best hair."

The best part of a convention is meeting people :D

sevette
04-21-2003, 02:18 PM
hi everyone; i cosplayed as quistis at the con, but i wasn't in the masquerade or anything. i wish i had found this place before i went to the con...i could have met up with some of you or formed a group. i doubt anyone remembers me since i spent WAY too much time in the dealer's room and not enough time in the lobby/mezzanine area. oh well.

anyway, i loved the con! ^^ it was so much fun- i only wish i had gone to more panels/events and hung around with some more cosplayers. i saw some other ffviii people there though, and got some pics with them. everyone had such great costumes, taking pictures of them was a blast. :D speaking of which, i'll be uploading the ones i took soon too.

on saturday the masquerade room was packed for the show, so my friends and i watched it on t.v. there were some really funny skits...like the ffx group who sang the gilligan's island theme. XD i wonder if they'll be making copies of it to sell?

all in all, i thought the whole experience was great, and since it was my first con. *^^*

Lilli
04-21-2003, 02:38 PM
:3 I remember youu, though I don't think I actually said hi!! (Gomen nasai T_T)

Your costume was very impressive!! I wanted to get a closer look at it, but I would have felt bad asking ._. Hehe, cause I asked a Mana cosplayer if I could look closer at her costume and she was really rude to me, so ah :/

But yay!! Ya, your costume looked awesome :3 Next time I gotta say "Hi!! XD"

number18
04-21-2003, 03:24 PM
bah to rudeness. I can't understand why you would care if someone wanted to inspect the details of your costume. Actually I do understand, but as a person, I don't think I will ever care about such things if I end up making an intricate costume. :P

Lilli
04-21-2003, 03:55 PM
._. Well the way she responded, you'd think I'd asked if I could look up her skirt or something.

Ah well ^^; Hehe, the truth is, my contacts prescription is getting a bit old, and due to the rather *ahem* gauzy nature of the costume, I just wanted to come closer than 15 feet and get a closer look at it, but didn't want to seem rude by standing in front of her and staring at her costume withuot saying anything, so I asked.

Silly me, using manners in a part of the country where apparantly the men are men, and so are the women... Is what I'd say, if it wouldn't be so unfair to the men :p (Don't take that comment too seriously, people. *gives out lollipops*)

Maybe not really, but geez :/ I hated living there, and this weekend just reminded me of why. Mostly the weather and unstable barometric pressure, but also definitely the attitude problems that abound.

Rrrrrar. One rude little cosplayer isn't worth stressing over :3 It was a fun weekend, and the rest of you were awesome :3 Yaaaaay! Those few of you from cosplay.com I got to meet, it was fun :3

soaze
04-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
Soaze: For being my helper at the photoshoot. You were great man. And I couldn't have done it without you. meh, you give me too much credit :) but you're welcome ;) hope the pics of you being your studly self that i took at the photoshoot came out ok :D

to everyone else; great meeting you.. great costumes all around :D see you all at otakon!!! and hopefully at the picnic :)

EvilMoogleQueen
04-21-2003, 06:08 PM
i'm trying to put up my pictures... there was an FAQ somewhere about making them smaller but I can't find it. can anyone link me to it or breifly tell me how?

JacksUsername
04-21-2003, 06:56 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/tutorial_photo2.php

:)

shiroi_yukiko
04-21-2003, 09:04 PM
I just posted some of my pictures in the "others" gallery. I say some, because most of my pictures are of the same people over and over. XD That and my friend only managed to take about 12. >_<

LadyUranus
04-21-2003, 09:18 PM
My first con, and I had a blast. Everyone was friendly, my costumes didn't fall apart, and I got Kirbay Morrow's autograph! I'm tryign to get to 2 more cons now, and I'll try my hardest to go to AnimeBoston next year!!!

LadyUranus

ChibiRinoa
04-21-2003, 09:35 PM
this was my first con cosplaying, and i had a great time!!!! everyone was so nice, and i was so happy to meet everyone, even if i was a little shy ^.^ i cant wait until my next con, we already have the costumes planned :D

sevette
04-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Lilli
:3 I remember youu, though I don't think I actually said hi!! (Gomen nasai T_T)

Your costume was very impressive!! I wanted to get a closer look at it, but I would have felt bad asking ._. Hehe, cause I asked a Mana cosplayer if I could look closer at her costume and she was really rude to me, so ah :/

But yay!! Ya, your costume looked awesome :3 Next time I gotta say "Hi!! XD"
ah! that's ok- i'm really shy myself, so i know it's hard to just go up to people and start chatting. besides, i'm flattered enough that you wanted to ask about my costume and thought it looked good. *^^* thanks so much!

did you cosplay too? i got a bunch of pictures of random cosplayers, so i might have taken yours! i'm glad i at least got recognized though. i can't believe the mana cosplayer acted like that to you. :\ you'd think they would at least be happy someone was interested in their costume. mean people = grrr.

anyway, i'll have to try and say 'hi' more in the future too! ^_^

Something Lulu
04-21-2003, 11:18 PM
SuboshiBoy: That was you? LOL! Omg, that was too funny. I knew you obviously were not serious, so I was just cracking up b/c it was hilarious. No offense taken.

Nintendotaku: I'm not really a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, but you made such a great Yugi! And when you started talking in the dramatic low voice about the "heart of the cards" I could not stop laughing. I wanted to ask you what you used in your hair, but you were surrounded after the Masquerade so I only got a pic.

ChibiRinoa: I really wish I'd gotten a pic of you! You and your boyfriend made such an adorable Rinoa and Squall. Hopefully I'll see you at Otakon (I'm seriously thinking of going after meeting so many ppl at AB).

Mr.WonderfulToji: I'm going to forever remember you as "Lollipop Dude", so don't be offended if I ever call you that by accident. ^_^

#18: You and #17 looked so cool at the dances! Even if you weren't flipping around like he was, you were on beat and looking good, so don't worry.

number18
04-22-2003, 10:51 AM
u.u;;;;;;; <--blush face

aw thank you Something Lulu. I'll be sure to tell #17, unless he remembers to sign up finally and reads this himself. ^^

How come you weren't dancing? Or maybe I didn't see you?

And to all the other cosplay.com kids, if you weren't dancing, shame on you! I saw a bunch of you out there doin it up though. ^^

ProjectFeline
04-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Yay! That was a great con. Especially for its first time! Oh, to everyone who stoped by the Copic marker display in the art room, thank you for drawing! (I was the guy with the cabbit ears on) One of the greatest parts of going to conventions is seeing what people whip up in such a short time! :D

SuboshiBoy
04-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Something Lulu
SuboshiBoy: That was you? LOL! Omg, that was too funny. I knew you obviously were not serious, so I was just cracking up b/c it was hilarious. No offense taken.
OK good because I felt like such a jerk after because the other girl looked like her heart had stopped but I am glad you found it funny

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 12:43 PM
number 18: I kind of danced on the side, but my bf wouldn't come in and dance with me! He was too busy hacking on the mezzanine with about 5 other guys. And honestly, if I'm going to dance to music like that I need a drink or two to get me moving. It's not stuff I'm used to dancing to. lol The Saturday DJ asked us what we thought of the music and I told him to slip on some reggae lol. I was kidding, I know it's an anime con, and therefore mostly anime music needs to be played, but I don't know how to dance to that bouncy stuff. No DDR moves for me! lol

Suboshi Boy: That was Gothic Lulu's mannequin head. I'm not sure how she took it, but I knew you were kidding.

Ranma Saotome
04-22-2003, 02:11 PM
This was simply too good! :)

Nintendotaku
04-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Something Lulu
I wanted to ask you what you used in your hair, but you were surrounded after the Masquerade so I only got a pic.

For the hair, I used a little bit of everything. A ton of gel and spray-in mousse, for the red I used special hair-styling glue, and for the gold in the front, the same paint that I used on my Millenium Puzzle.

And for future reference, nobody should ever, ever hesitate to approach me! I love people! Seriously, I wouldn't wear a costume if I didn't hope people would be taking pictures. The fact that some cosplayers can be unfriendly absolutely baffles me.

LaylaCinder
04-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Squee! :D The Yugi cosplayer. You rocked ^.~ and you were a very nice person... for the 10 seconds I got to talk to you after the cosplay. (That is, if I'm thinking of the right person?) Overall Anime Boston was insanely fun for me and everyone was extremely nice. *_* That Gundam rocked my socks, but I got almost no pictures the entire weekend because I forgot my digital camera's memory card. The hotel was a bit small in some parts though, which made it rather hard to navigate in when I was wearing my Phoenix Summon costume x.x; *Hence the 4 people helping me the entire time*. I don't really have any other complaints about this con, however. Considering it was Anime Boston's first year, everything was handeled quite well.

lialia
04-22-2003, 03:03 PM
*worships the pheonix summon*

what gave u the idea for that?

hikura
04-22-2003, 03:07 PM
*worships the phoenix summon also along with lialia*
I saw you and was totally amazed to say the least.Your costume was nothing short of amazing.Words do not do that costume any justice.While the gundam/austin powers bit was great as skit.Funny as hell.

number18
04-22-2003, 03:13 PM
hehe reggae woulda been good at the dance, Something Lulu. Err...well, kinda. What kind of music do you like dancing to better? And your boyfriend is stupid then, for not dancing! >.<

lol @ the austin powers. I was compelled to give him my best, high-pitched, girlish scream when he was on stage. Like 5 times. I think #17 was getting a bit deaf in the ear.

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 03:48 PM
And for future reference, nobody should ever, ever hesitate to approach me! I love people! Seriously, I wouldn't wear a costume if I didn't hope people would be taking pictures. The fact that some cosplayers can be unfriendly absolutely baffles me.

I was going to approach you, but I couldn't get close! lol You were just too popular. ^_^ I agree with you on unfriendly cosplayers. I don't see how ppl can get upset about posing for pics. It's to be expected if you're wearing a costume.

However, there was one thing I did that I felt a little bad about, but I don't think I should have. I'm just gonna get it off my chest here and see what other ppl think, cuz I've been thinking about it. I was standing next to my boyfriend and a young guy came up to me (when I was Lulu, I think) and asked for a hug, and I didn't do it. I had a number of reasons why, all of them legitimate, but I still felt bad. But first of all, I was standing with my bf, and secondly, I don't like people I don't know touching me. It's different if it's someone I've been talking to for the whole con, and we hug before we say goodbye. But if I wasn't in costume it wouldn't be okay to just approach someone you don't know and ask for a hug, so I don't see how the costume changes that. I've had a lot of instances at work where older men will start asking me personal questions and then shake my hand, so I think it's given me some sort of personal space complex. >_< The only reason I felt bad was because he looked to be about 15, give or take a year, and I felt like such a mean person afterward. But like I said, I was standing next to my boyfriend, and he would have teased me about it for the rest of the weekend. (Anyone who met him knows this is true.) Anyway, I think I was justified in my choice of action, and it's not like I said "No hug for you, go away," b/c I'm not a mean person. I just don't go around letting perfect strangers grab me. Do I sound like some sort of horrible evil person now? (lol Even if I do, I'm not going to start hugging everyone who gets close to me, I'd just like to know. ^_^)

number 18: I would have just liked more of a range of music to dance to. As it is, every time a certain song came on and ppl started busting out the DDR moves I got really scared. >_< As for my boyfriend, they didn't start playing music I wanted to dance to until after bluenine (Black Chocobo w/ guitar) had whipped out the hacky sack, and I couldn't pull him away from it. I'm attaching a pic of it, cuz it was really funny lol. (The pic is TyJILDown's from http://home.earthlink.net/~b1urredimage/AB/)

lialia
04-22-2003, 03:51 PM
something_lulu, no offense to that guy but ... he was kinda creepy

i dont blame u at all for not huggin him

soaze
04-22-2003, 03:53 PM
lulu - he wouldn't have teased you.... he was too busy teasing me ><

edit; owwwhh yeh, my mad hackey sack picture taking skills while sitting on the handrails owwh yehhh :D

number18
04-22-2003, 04:28 PM
hmm no I don't think that's mean. I would have felt bad too. You just...don't want someone that might be kind of icky to hug you...especially if he'd possibly go around saying something stupid afterwards. You are a pretty girl, after all. Heh.

And as for people busting out DDR moves...yeesh. There were more than a ocuple of people in the crowd going crizzazy when certain songs came on...and they were like, ddr-dancing and not really dancing. Or something! I dunno but it was real crazy looking. But then again, dance like nobody's watchin. Heh. I started to feel stupid after awhile tho cause on Saturday, I had spent a good chunk of time in hte game room playing Para Para Paradise and I KEPT doing the parts of routines I had since then learned while dancing. It felt kind of corny. I should have went with it. Para Para is so frikkin fun...I'd almost say more fun than DDR.

Did anyone else try the Para Para Paradise game on Para Para setting with the video of the actual routines playing in the background? Fun!

Claireon
04-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Hee... funny story about glomping...
At two separate cons, I saw a perfect Seifer and a perfect Rufus... asked to glomp and was turned down both times... Turned out to be the same person--and the bf of cosplay luminary G-chan at that! ^.^;;

T'was nothing personal... just that he perfectly embodied the character each time. I'd glomp a chick (and have!) if she does a good enough job on a bishie costume. But yeah, of course it's your perogative to refuse. That's why people ask (or at least *should* ask) in the first place. I've been freaked out by fanboys before too. ^^

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Glad I don't sound nuts lol. It wasn't even that he looked creepy, cuz he didn't really, it was more of an "I've never seen you before so there is no good reason for us to be touching that much." >_<

soaze: lol I didn't know you took that pic. You got some supar cosplay photo skills! Are you going to the picnic in a few weeks? I'm going to see if Mike wants to go.

number18
04-22-2003, 05:11 PM
a picnic? where?

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 05:16 PM
The Northeast Cosplayers picnic. Whole thread about it in General Chat. It's being held on May 3rd (?) in Philadelphia.

MrWonderfulToji
04-22-2003, 05:32 PM
somethinglulu: as a vetern fanboy I can kind of agree with what you say. Its one thing if it is someone just runs up to you and wants a hug, but what I think is appropriate is to talk to someone for a little while first, take a picture, then maybe a hug goodbye. *this is of course how it is SUPPOSED to go, but if its a costume you don't see often AT ALL, sometimes the rule can be bent*
One thing to clarify though, when I take a picture with a cosplayer that I am really fanboying over, sometimes I put my arm around their back *I think I did this when I took a picture with you!*.. is this acceptable or bordering on freakish? just want to know for future glompings. and if it is unacceptable, many apologies and lollipops for you and the Belldandy and Urd at AB!
sean

EDIT: number18- I logged some terrifying hours on the para para paradise set up... I even passed Velfarre 2000 on Expert mode!! and was anyone else apalled that the soundtrack to it was not in the dealers room?! someone should have been selling it next to the set up... that was a SWEET soundtrack.. *runs off singing and dancing One Night in Arabia*

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Lollipop Dude (lol sorry I'll stop calling you that): The arm around the back thing is okay, especially if you know the person. The unacceptable thing would be to grope the person you're taking a picture with lol. I have to say that wasn't really an issue at this con. Maybe it was the presence of a boyfriend (lol), or maybe b/c I was being a little more "I'm in a bubble" as my friend puts it, but I didn't have any problems with people overstepping boundaries at this con, and it was really nice. AnimeBoston ppl were pretty respectful. ^_^

Nintendotaku
04-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by LaylaCinder
Squee! :D The Yugi cosplayer. You rocked ^.~ and you were a very nice person... for the 10 seconds I got to talk to you after the cosplay.

Whoa, holy crap...The Phoenix Summon liked MY lowly costume?!?!? I came up to you and shook your hand outside the room because your costume so effectively rocked the universe, and I was feeling like "Ah crap, I hope she's not tired of getting so many compliments...but I have to!"

Your walk-on was breathtaking. Your costume was so beautiful and the music you used was so perfectly suited. Your award was certainly well-deserved.

Gothic_Lulu
04-22-2003, 06:44 PM
I think as long as you are polite in telling someone you don't want to be touched everything is all right. You really should not feel bad about it Lulu, I was there and it seemed he had a bunch of snikering friends with him >.<;;;;

There were some wierd people there...in the Dealers room some old guy came up to me and steped on the train of my Lulu dress and said: " Can I folow you or look up you dress" and I told him blantantly to f'off. Nothing else really bad....

I have no problems taking normal pics with people...as long as there are not grabbing my ass or looking down my shirt,,,not that many would lol, I probably scared a lot off when I wore Edea ^__^

soaze
04-22-2003, 06:53 PM
lulu- word-its all about sitting on the handrail
actually, i took like 10 pics trying to capture alex's fro bounce... but the damn delay made it impossible >< ;.;

uhh.... i am probably going to the picnic... i should have a definite answer by monday :D but yeh, most likely

TyJILDown
04-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Your ass is going to the picnic, if you need help or fabric for a costume if you should bring one, let me know. I am going to the fabric store tomorrow so I can get material for mine/

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by soaze
uhh.... i am probably going to the picnic... i should have a definite answer by monday :D but yeh, most likely

Are you cosplaying?!?! XD You could be the Gunblade Bandit again or whatever lol.

soaze
04-22-2003, 07:09 PM
jil; nah, if i go, all i'm gonna need to do is hit up the mall or some place and search for a shirt for either Sanji or Yuki... have to decide which shirt, and which way the hair parts... then if Sanji, need a white apron...

lulu - :crylaugh: can i be like... Sanji or Yuki, The Gunblade Bandit... originally i was calling myself thief.. but i like bandit :p except it reminds me or booty bandit... and thats not good ><

seriously, i should either be doing Sanji from One Piece, or Yuki from Gravitation... we shall see

XxShivaxX
04-22-2003, 07:12 PM
i had sooo much fun! the people were really nice to me and evrone loved my costume! im definately going to AB2004!!

XxShivaxX
04-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Gothic_Lulu...your edea costume was great! I loved your Lulu costume too, i hope to see you at some more conventions, cuz im going to so many more! i think im hooked...hehe =)

XxShivaxX
04-22-2003, 07:25 PM
no one's talking to me... ::sniffle:: ='(

soaze
04-22-2003, 07:34 PM
what costume did you do? what days?
*may have missed important info*

XxShivaxX
04-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Me?? i was rinoa

Nintendotaku
04-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by XxShivaxX
no one's talking to me... ::sniffle:: ='(

Hi, I'm talking to you! Did I meet you this weekend or did you see me or something? I was Yami Yugi with the big hair. Were you cosplaying?

Gothic_Lulu
04-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by XxShivaxX
Gothic_Lulu...your edea costume was great! I loved your Lulu costume too, i hope to see you at some more conventions, cuz im going to so many more! i think im hooked...hehe =)

Thank you very much ^__^ It was great meeting you as well, you have a beautiful Rinoa costume and I was very happy to grab a pic with ya....

Hopefully I will be going to more conventions as well....that was my first convention with my first costumes so I plan to have many more to come.....

Ranma Saotome
04-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Layla!!!! *huggles* :)

MrWonderfulToji
04-22-2003, 09:36 PM
hey gothiclulu!
I saw you on sunday walking around the dealers room! I was going to ask for a picture, but you seemed very pissed about something, so I figured that probably wasn't the best time to approach you...
anyways though, awesome costume! you totally captured Lulu's look! I was very impressed.
and you would have definately gotten a lollipop. *I think I offered when you were edea, but a different day deserves a different lollipop.*
sean
and I don't mind being called lollipop dude! I can dig it.

Mako-san
04-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Ahhh, its was a good con! I'm sooo sorry I missed the clubhouse and the photoshoot, I think I was in the gundam panel.. but shoutouts too DJ Ranma and TyJILDown and your group! I really wished they had floor mic's your skit was soo funny!!
I would dub this con of Yugioh!! I love it!! There was so many Yugioh cosplayers, I tried to get pics of everyone of them!!
Nintendotaku your cosplay was great!!
Special thanks to Lilli!! Thank sooo much for all your help in assisting us with tape and sissors!! I'm in that group with the Gundam!! You helped us so much, we are truely thankful!! and Your costume was sooo cute!! I just smiled everytime I looked at it!!!
There are so many people to thank! all the masquerade staff that helped us, Thank you!!
I had a great time, althought Boston was crazy, and I don't know if i'll come back, it took us 17 hours to get back home :crylaugh:
But I look forward to see all of you at either Animazement or Otakon!!!
*hugs to all*

lialia
04-22-2003, 09:54 PM
gothic_lulu im so happy that ur lulu finally came in :) i knew u were worried about it its too bad i wasnt there on sunday to see it

*kills work for making her come in to take care of 3 tables for 8 hours on easter*

TristenCitrine
04-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Hellooo, I'm back!

I had a lot of fun at the convention! I only wish I had time to go to the various photo shoots and whatnot. Busy busy buuuusy, but still massive amounts of fun! I think Lilli and I might have walked by the photoshoot en route to the cosplay workshop panel *sigh*. Hopefully we can get to it next time!

It was sooo nice meeting so many cosplay.commers :) :) :) Especially everyone I got to talk to on Sunday after the con wound down. So many nice people!

Re: the masquerade. There was a LOT of confusion as to judging, scheduling and whatnot. We were scheduled to judge workmanship on Friday only in a 3 hour block. A LOT of people didn't show up, unfortunately. There were a couple groups with large costumes which needed to be judged on saturday shortly before the masquerade, but that was all arranged in advance, apparently. Those of us who were on the judging panel (Lilli, myself, Chris, Kimberly, Garrett for workmanship, adding A-chan and B-kun for performance) did not have a role in the actual scheduling. I would suggest talking to Michi about any concerns, as she was the coordinator of the whole event :) I'm sure she would be happy to talk to you about anything.

There were SO MANY great entries! I had a lot of fun watching it. I was especially impressed by Mr. Chocobo, Mr. Gundam and posse, Mr. matzoh Naruto (your wig was great and you make such an adorable Naruto! THURSDAY, we may eat Pocky again, my friend, THURSDAY ;) ) Princess tutu *chuuuu!* and DJRamna's skit which was VERY funny. Everyone did soooo awesome! Wow, the Gundam was metal *hearts*. Of course, the Phoenix summon took my breath away and made me wish I had my Shiva costume on hand! Gorgeous, all of it!!!

It was also a lot of fun doung the Gekitei singalong, ne?!

Now its time for those ol' after-con blues! Akon will be soon, though!

Gothic_Lulu
04-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by MrWonderfulToji
hey gothiclulu!
I saw you on sunday walking around the dealers room! I was going to ask for a picture, but you seemed very pissed about something, so I figured that probably wasn't the best time to approach you...
anyways though, awesome costume! you totally captured Lulu's look! I was very impressed.
and you would have definately gotten a lollipop. *I think I offered when you were edea, but a different day deserves a different lollipop.*
sean
and I don't mind being called lollipop dude! I can dig it.

That was probably after that old pervert man incident and my belts getting me angry by getting messed up lol....you still could have gotten a pic with me ^__^ I had never worn my Lulu before so I had no idea how much of a hassle it really was... Sorry for scaring you away lol.

Gothic_Lulu
04-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by lialia
gothic_lulu im so happy that ur lulu finally came in :) i knew u were worried about it its too bad i wasnt there on sunday to see it

*kills work for making her come in to take care of 3 tables for 8 hours on easter*

I was so happy it actually came in :D

harukarose
04-22-2003, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TristenCitrine
[B]Hellooo, I'm back!

I had a lot of fun at the convention! I only wish I had time to go to the various photo shoots and whatnot. Busy busy buuuusy, but still massive amounts of fun! I think Lilli and I might have walked by the photoshoot en route to the cosplay workshop panel *sigh*. Hopefully we can get to it next time!

I agree with Tristen! The convention was wonderful... and I think we walked right by a photo shoot too. >.< Meh... oh, well... next time! ^_^;;

TyJILDown
04-22-2003, 10:58 PM
No need to worry, a bunch of people were late or didn't get a chance to attend the photoshoot, but there's always next year :D

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
No need to worry, a bunch of people were late or didn't get a chance to attend the photoshoot, but there's always next year :D

Like me! :( I completely missed the cosplay.com and FF photoshoots because I was still fixing up Lulu in the hotel room. Oh well, I have no one to blame but myself, and I look forward to attending them next year.

Ranma Saotome
04-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Tristen, thanks! *blush* I said in my con report and on my LJ that you guys really made the masquereade worth it! ^^ I'm happy that you liekd theh skit and now the pocky skit is officially retired. ^^

Uhh... that's it. Better stop the rambling. ^^;

Nikitsuki
04-22-2003, 11:42 PM
I went to Anime Boston all three days. If I had known they were so under-staffed, I would have volunteered to help out. I didn't find out that almost half of their planned volunteers didn't show up until late Saturday evening. I was actually shocked when they put up the maxium capacity sign. I didn't think that anime boston would sell out like that. I also agree that for a first year con, they did pretty well. I heard that they were moving the dealers room to a whole different building so that they could get more space. That might just be a rumor but you never know. ^^
I've gone to 2 other conventions before AB2003 and I have to say that I'm very impressed. The guest list was just amazing (all 5 gundums?! sweeeeeet) and I was pretty happy with all of the panels and video rooms. I just wish that they had put chobits earlier (it was playing at 2am!!). I did however get to see the awesome dub of Spirited Away. Why can't real movie theaters be that fun?!
All in all, I had a really fun time! (well, except for being attacked by Kirby Morrow fans waiting for his autograph, thinking I was cutting them when i just wanted the escaflowne panel... ^^;;).
Everyone was surprisingly nice and friendly. I made a few friends from Connecticut. I can't wait for next year and will probably pre-register again, but earlier. If anyone took the trip from out the the NE area, then I believe the trip was worth it!

harukarose
04-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Awww, you're so sweet. *^_^*

Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Tristen, thanks! *blush* I said in my con report and on my LJ that you guys really made the masquereade worth it! ^^ I'm happy that you liekd theh skit and now the pocky skit is officially retired. ^^

Uhh... that's it. Better stop the rambling. ^^;

Ranma Saotome
04-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Stop it Haruka, I'm turning way beyond beet red here! I said that because I feel when a masq is judges by people whoare actual cosplayers, makes the playing field more balanced. :)

MrWonderfulToji
04-23-2003, 12:19 AM
ranma: I was dressed as battle city yugioh when I snapped your pic.. on saturday I was giving out lollipops to cosplayers.. :( sorry I didn't bring them on friday! either way, it was a great costume! very well done!
sean

harukarose
04-23-2003, 12:36 AM
Hehehehe... ^_^;; I will not stop! it was nice meeting you. ^_^

Aww, that's so sweet! We tried to do well... it was a lot of fun judging, and I can't wait to do it again. ^_^

Stop it Haruka, I'm turning way beyond beet red here! I said that because I feel when a masq is judges by people whoare actual cosplayers, makes the playing field more balanced. :)

Ranma Saotome
04-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Toji, I'm sorry, I don't really know Yu-Gi-Oh. ^^

Alrighty then Haruka, you have a fanboy for life now! :) *adds to buddy list*

harukarose
04-23-2003, 12:59 AM
Yay! *adds back* ^____^

Toji, I'm sorry, I don't really know Yu-Gi-Oh. ^^

Alrighty then Haruka, you have a fanboy for life now! :) *adds to buddy list*

Ranma Saotome
04-23-2003, 01:14 AM
Crap, you don't show up on my list! >.<
*kicks AIM* I'll have to fix it tommorrow in class. ^^;

Lilli
04-23-2003, 05:30 AM
Wheee :3 You're welcome Mako-san! Nyuuuu, thankyou ._.;; Hehe, I'm glad you like the costume, yaay :3

Always happy to lend a hand (or some tape!) to cosplayers in need :3 Hehe, such a cool gundam, waai wai :3 I wish I could have been more help than just tape!!

ChibiRinoa
04-23-2003, 06:38 AM
anime boston was just too much fun, even if i was only there a day, we need more cons in the Mass. area :-D oh how easy life would be!!

Michieru
04-23-2003, 08:25 AM
It was definitely worth for me traveling all the way from Connecticut to attend this convention. I'm still trying to figure out if anyone else besides me from Connecticut went there so I could stay in touch with who ever went from my state. I definitely had tons of fun making new friends up there, getting hyper active with the fangirls, etc..... It was definiely great! Just that I'm not sure if any of you guys recognize me. Just in case, here's my cosplay pic (http://www.fansview.com/2003/animeboston/041903e084.jpg) I found it funny that when my cat walk almost turned into a disaster as soon as my hat fell off before I was about to do my tao pose. Then as I was about to pick it up, my rings from my staff start to fall off as well. I was trying to make it look like I was doing it on purpose because I was in a ditzy mood to make everyone laugh. To be honest, I felt more alive when I did this, especially when I first stepped onto the stage only to be recognized by wild screams of the fangirls out there in the audience. I had no regrets I didn't win. The prize I valued the most was making friends, and yet feeling more welcomed as a stranger. I'm still curious to wonder if you guys recognize me what so ever.:japan:

Something Lulu
04-23-2003, 09:06 AM
I remember you! Don't feel bad about the hat and staff, it happens. Actually, when I walked onstage one of my hairpins came out and I caught it and jammed it back on my head while I was talking. Then my sleeve came loose from the fur, but it was the tighter one so it stayed on until I got offstage. Besides, you got so much applause a little mishap like that doesn't matter in the long run. ^_^

Well, I'm out to get Anime Boston film developed and pick up some costume stuff for the picnic on the 3rd.

number18
04-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Michieiru, I recognized you only because one of the cosplay.commers was dressed as Kaos also. Oh Hikuraaa!! He was dressed as Kaos too. ^^ That sucked when everything started falling off...eh hehe

Koumori
04-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Something Lulu

However, there was one thing I did that I felt a little bad about, but I don't think I should have. I'm just gonna get it off my chest here and see what other ppl think, cuz I've been thinking about it. I was standing next to my boyfriend and a young guy came up to me (when I was Lulu, I think) and asked for a hug, and I didn't do it.

I don't think you should feel bad about that at all - I absolutely hate being hugged by total strangers.. at least he asked permission. Many don't.

MrWonderfulToji
04-23-2003, 04:17 PM
gothic lulu- I dont blame you! I would have been pretty upset too if some old man asked to look up my skirt. I'd be more worried than anything else actually... and next time a lulu or belldandy is in trouble, just yell and fanboy extrodinaire will be there *with lollipops!* switch one creepy fan for another! *executes heroic pose*

Koumori- *coughs and notes to self: offer a firm handshake and lollipop if I ever meet Koumouri.. and take a picture of a helluva belldandy cosplayer*
sean

WitchofEastwick
04-23-2003, 04:29 PM
I had a really awesome time, I was practically bowing to Gothic Lulu's Edea costume and Something Lulu's Lulu costume. My costume was not as recognized as I had hoped, but I loved wearing it. It was so cool to meet all the people on this forum and I can't wait to do this again ^.^

Gothic_Lulu
04-23-2003, 04:39 PM
MrWonderfulToji : Lol you have to protect me next time :O From some of those crazey people.....*hides behind Toji*

WitchofEastwick: I recognized you ^__^ She is not done that often so it was great to see someone do it....my headpiece need some work lol .....it like exploded in on itself after the masquerade...at least I can fix it now ^__^ I also hope to make the backpiece out of wood or copper wire at my school...

hikura
04-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Note to self and others.When in boston do not bust on the red sox espically if your a yankees fan.I did this during opening cermonies and now that i thought of it i could have been lynched for it lol.

NaitoTenshi
04-23-2003, 06:24 PM
I had an AWESOME time at this convention!! ^_^

I don't know how many of you I actually met up with... I was the chick Vash walking around. (As I, er, usually am... heh.)

I tried to dance, but my costume was a real bitch. I was sweating my ass off in that thing. Damned if I know how he can walk around a desert planet in it. XD

So anyways, I'll definately be at AB2004!! This has to be one of the best cons I've been to, and for a first year con, it just plain rocked. *^_^*

MrWonderfulToji
04-23-2003, 07:16 PM
*stands tall*
ph33r n0+ g0th1c _ l |_| l |_|! 3y3 5h411 pr0t3k+ j00!
*Fear not, Gothic Lulu, I shall protect you!*
I felt like some leetspeak was in order. anyways, seriously, if dirty guys bother you, its good that you stood up for yourself, but its a shame that he bothered you in the first place....
sean

number18
04-23-2003, 07:55 PM
lol hikura, there was a group of yankee fans sitting behind me. I'm a fan too...there were a couple of us in the crowd. mwuhaa!

Ranma Saotome
04-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey Naito! :) I'm gonna make you a kick ass avatar!

number18, I swear, you look some much like the realy dealm it's uncanny! *hug*

Koumori, I loved the cookies!!! YUM!!!!!

number18
04-23-2003, 09:37 PM
wai! =hug to ranma back=

that's quite a compliment, considering how obsessed with the character I am. =laughs, then uneasily looks to the side=

I mean thanks. a lot. ^_^

And yes, cookies ...good....mmm

Ranma Saotome
04-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Hewy no problem. God forbid IK go the extra mile to look just like Ranma Saotome! XD

number18
04-23-2003, 09:51 PM
lol...or even girl type. Did you see the one Ranma Saotome there that had like...sort of a mullet type haircut, technically. his hair was short on the crown of his head, but he head this long ponytail of his real hair, I think on the back of his head. Lanky asian kid.

Wish I was more familiar with Final Fantasy characters. :/

hikura
04-23-2003, 09:51 PM
See number18 i am not biased at all.Everyone loved your costume.I was shocked too.Lots of people recoginzed me and my charcter.I thought i was playing an obscure charcter.Even a mom of an attende knew i was.She was like,"your playing the acient one right?"I was like yes.I thanked her for the compliment.But number18 your costume among others were down pat and were great.I am not going to list all the rest cause i will be here all night lol

Ranma Saotome
04-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Yes I did number18. ^^;;;

Something Lulu
04-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Witchof Eastwick: I'm so sorry we didn't get to take any pics! We had to take the opportunity to get in the elevator, since it was so hard to find one that would fit mine and Gothic Lulu's costumes at once, and then I never saw you guys again! Your costume looked so cool though, I really wanted a pic. :(

Speaking of which, i got my pics developed today! Yay! ^_^number 18 I know I have some nice ones of you and 17. We'll see if I'm not too tired to upload them tonight. I've been up all day and I have work tomorrow. >_<

F4shi0nabl3
04-24-2003, 10:16 AM
ooh, got your pics devolped? Tell us when they are in your gallery :-D

number18
04-24-2003, 10:59 AM
you guys are too nice. I feel kind of bad and like I'm starving for attention. lol. -.-;; Your compliments, hikura, ranma, everyone, are very welcome and I appreciate them. Can't waiiiiit to see pics of us! I am still waiting for mine at the photo shop...hopefully they'll be done today. I got them in print and on CD, so hopefully it won't be a hassle to upload them into my gallery, or actually on my website.

<3s to everyone. Oh! And that Kakashi cosplayer from Naruto, I found out his AIM name and am gonna try to get him on the boards too. Anyone remember him from the con?

^_^

Michieru
04-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Good luck.

Ummm Hikura, you sound kinda familiar, even though we haven't met before but I think I might recognized your out fit. Sometimes when it comes to people, they think that they can only recognize a character by their prop or whatever item they have. My friend kept mistaking other people for my character, the ancient one because he claims its because of the staff. Don't feel bad. When I was there, some people kept calling me Raiden from Mortal Kombat! So you're not the only one, at least. Let's call for a toast everyone (starts handing out honey dew melon shakes to all the cosplayers) Here, to all our most cherished memories of Anime Boston and to future events! Cheers!

hikura
04-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Acutally most of the people recoginized my costume as the acient one(kaos).Most of the people who guessed wrong thought i was playing chichirii.Only two people thought i was raiden.You were the guy who was coming up the steps and i was coming down and i said the other koas(might have said acient one).I had fun.It was my first costume but i still was skidish about wearing it.I felt very insecure about myself.I always was checking my robes to make sure they were closed and similiar.It was funny.

Kas
04-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Yo peeps.. I had a great time at AB despite lack of sleep, food and just driving the distance. But hey.. it's for the love of going to a con and cosplaying.. I was really upset that I missed the clubhouse and the group photoshop. Cause I wanted to meet alot of you. I did run into DJRanma. It's always good to see you.

I like to say a big thanks to the con staff. I know it was probably rough running the con with the attendance being almost 4,000. But I have to say that this con was great since it was first time. The cosplay masqurade was awesome and with all masq. there's always going to be some mistakes. It was great to have cosplayers judge the masqurade cause they feel our pain and know what we go through to pull off a good costume. Everyone's costumes were awesome. My sis and I was cheering for everyone. Hikura.. I knew who you were. I was yelling in the corner by the Gundam. ^.^ W00t! I wish I could have met you 18 and Mr. Toji.. I wanted a pic with you in your Yu-gi-oh costume. T_T I hope we all meet again at another con. My next venture will be Animazement.

Ranma Saotome
04-24-2003, 07:43 PM
*turns a shade of red* Aww Kas-chan. ^^;;

MrWonderfulToji
04-24-2003, 08:49 PM
hey kas
wow! if that is you in your avatar, that is a helluva costume! I would have loved to get a pic with you, I'll be at Otakon, but not animazement, unfortunately. I think I'll be at otakon wearing Kaiba, so if you go there I'd love to get a pic! That is a really impressive costume, and a great Millenium Rod! I really should make the scales.... but the lowest grade I ever got in high school was in sculpture.. I passed by one point. So maybe not.
sean

hikura
04-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Geez now i am going to turn real red now KAS.Thanks.

Studmaster
04-26-2003, 10:13 PM
*Studmaster Finally lands in the Thread again* Sorry I've been away from here, but school has kept me away from getting things done on Anime Boston. But I finally did it.

Here are the first 25 pictures of my Anime Boston Photos. Enjoy (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=3623&ppuser=341&thumb=1)

hikura
04-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Great pictures studmaster.I wish i could these type of quality when it came to my pics.

MrWonderfulToji
04-27-2003, 02:02 AM
awesome pics studmaster!
You really did a great job of showing the cosplayers off! My personal favorite part though, is your captions.. they are hilairous or explain things really well!
*hats off to studmaster*
*has no hat....*
*visor off to studmaster*
sean

Balletvamp
04-27-2003, 03:43 AM
um first post on this site...dont know if Im doing this right but I just wanted to post a link to the very few pics my crappy camera managed to take: http://community.webshots.com/album/65382156lYDSpb the AB pics are the second half of the page. it was really great getting to meet everyone. AB was my first anime con and I was very impressed.

~Kitty Morgan

hikura
04-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Great pictures balletvamp.Yours came out very nicely.

Claireon
04-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Waughhh... You met Viggo!
Sooo jealous... ^_^

Michieru
04-28-2003, 08:39 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Although it would have been a lot faster of you could have labled your pictures into sections, like say you could move your AB pictures into a folder titled "First anime convention" or whatever. Just a thought. But it looks as though so far no one here has a picture of me, yet. I could have sworn there was a ton of pictures taken of me while I was dressed up Saturday. People kept running up to me, but I still see no sign of me yet. Oh well.

number18
04-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Michieiru, I've seen you in people's galleries that they've been posting on the Anime Boston forums. At least one good one, too...tho your wig was floating off your head in the pic and it's not of you while in the masquerade...

Michieru
04-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Can ya tell me which posts to look in? There's so many.

wacko
04-28-2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah, AnimeBoston was one to be remembered.

.. no sleep + alot of anime = greatness.
Oh yeah, and walking around all weekend in spandex and a cutoff shirt. Oh yeah.

number18
04-28-2003, 06:01 PM
hey wacko ^^ I think we were waiting in line by each other for the masquerade. What's up?

And Michieiru, there is a post on the Anime Boston forums in Anime Boston Memories > Official Post your Picture thread...or something like that.

wacko
04-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Yeeepp, we sat next to each other.. relatively speaking. I just kinda sat.. and stuff. We were in the same row though, and you were all dancing at the ... dance too. My friend was gonna get your AIM screenname, but he never did.. I guess I've found it, anyhow. Oh yeah! How's your job? *sad* I heard you had to leave early for it:( such a bummer

hikura
04-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Wacko were you dressed as eddie from cowboy bebop?If so i have a pic of you.

wacko
04-28-2003, 11:01 PM
that you do ^.^ too bad I didn't actually turn all the way around for you... oh well! hope you had fun at animeboston too

number18
04-29-2003, 09:42 AM
beh to my job. sunday i couldnt go to the con cause for some reason, my job put me on for 12 to 5. I NEVER work weekends, but for some reason they put me on and did not even ask if it would be ok to work on easter frikkin sunday. THEN, when I was sitting at home, still tired as hell from the con on sunday morning, i got a call at 10 from my work asking where I was. I was like uh i'm not supposed to be in till 12. She says no, the schedule says 10 to 3. So I go in at 10. My schedule is change...on Easter Sunday...and I am not even told. It was such bullshit and they DID change my schedule without informing me or even trying to call my house and tell somebody else...I didn't get any sort of apology either. I Hate Dunkin Donuts. No one should ever have to work there.

And uh, that ends my off-topic rant.

TyJILDown
04-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Ack I could never work a job like that X_x Luckily I have worked the same hours Mon, Wed, & Fri for the past almost 9 months working at my job.

Love the new avatar number 18 ^^

Lafiel
04-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Number 18: hopefully you can go next year till sunday. I liked it, it was smaller and fun and quiet!

Wish I had gotten to see you and Number 17 play DDR.
Those Crazy Mint poses don't work well with puffy sleeves from hell!

Ooo Studmaster Managed to get a picture of my lafiel costume.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=36295&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

*^^*
Always surprised to see people wanting taking my pictures.

I sold artwork!! People liked it!
My Anime Boston mascot piece went for ~180 :D
Thats like $1000 in canadian :P

Can't wait for next year!
*rambles before getting breakfast*

Something Lulu
04-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Congrats again on the art! The mascot piece was so cool, but too rich for my blood lol. I had a lot of fun hanging out with you on Friday, and sorry again about the wig. Saturday became much crazier than I thought it would be due to the Masquerade stuff. >_< I have some cool pictures of you, but I still need to scan all of them. I've got some extra days off this week so I'll try to do it soon.

Ranma Saotome
04-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Goddamn and I thought my job was evil #18... What place is this?!

Lafiel
04-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Something LuLu: Thats ok! I'm glad we got to chat friday morning it was nice to meet you and Mr.Transformer. Also the club house was fun to sit and talk to you :)

I hope you can come to otakon! Its ok about the wig! I think I'm just going to keep the shorter dark blue wig I been wearing. I think it looks ok.. >.<

Oh yeah! You looked so good as Dita :)

number18
04-29-2003, 04:28 PM
yeah I took the job thinking it would be pretty ok (and also it was the only job I could get in like 3 months of searching)...work 6 to 11:30, enjoy the day still and blabizy blah. But every person there is a bitch in one way or another...there's like, different varities of them and it sucks ass. No sense of humor. I got called Slim Shady by two of them when I bleached my hair...luckily no Pink jokes after I dyed it red...but yeah. Dunkin Donuts Sizzucks.

Lafiel, the lafiel costume rools! ee! Are there any other cool Ahb characters? I am like...wanting to cosplay with you. Yar. Lol to playing DDR tho. #17 isn't that good at all (his own words) and while I'm good, I'm not tournament quality like the guys were in the game room. What's this about your mascot piece and $1000??? Damn. Did I see any of your artwork? Did you have unattended stuff in the art room? 0,0;

And TYJilDown...thank you so veddy much. I am like...proud of my new avatar, which is kind of lame if you think about it =always must make fun of her nerdiness for some reason= The katakana says lovely cyborg, basically...tho the "lovely" could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

Koumori
04-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by number18

Lafiel, the lafiel costume rools! ee! Are there any other cool Ahb characters? I am like...wanting to cosplay with you. Yar. Lol to playing DDR tho. #17 isn't that good at all (his own words) and

Hmm, aren't there a couple of cool female Ahb starship captains?

The katakana says lovely cyborg, basically...tho the "lovely" could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

Nope, looks good!

Also, get a new job.

Lafiel
04-29-2003, 05:30 PM
*grumble* just lost my post.

Number 18: There are lots of Abhs
I Think you would make a good Spoor or Ecryua

www.himearts.com/spoor.jpg
www.himearts.com/ecry.jpg

If you need character sketchs I have those. I would love to cosplay with some other Abh girls and guys :)

My 2 biggest selling pieces were
www.himearts.com/ab.jpg
www.himearts.com/lafiel3.jpg (its a painting)

The first link sold for ~180 and the 2nd for 100. Which surprised me! Since I live in canada and the funds are in american it equals a little more ^^. My artwork was in the auction it was hanging on the black things in the back.

Psst you were an awesome Number 17 best I have seen :)

*Edit**
Thanks for the compliment on my lafiel outfit. Since its a body suit I get a bit nervous being out in it >.<

Studmaster
04-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Koumori
Hmm, aren't there a couple of cool female Ahb starship captains?

Plenty of them acutally. Crest of the Stars has no shortage of strong Female Characters from Captains, to even the maids if I recall correctly. A lot of Cosplayable Characters.

hikura
04-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by wacko
that you do ^.^ too bad I didn't actually turn all the way around for you... oh well! hope you had fun at animeboston too
Acutally i really thought it was a great pic of you.That is of course my humble opnion.

number18
04-30-2003, 01:08 PM
ooh spoor looks cool. I dig that the captains (or whatever) have rapiers ^^. I really need to get Banner of the Stars soon. The reason I happen to like Crest of the Stars so much is because it so closely resembles the empire in my rpg universe (of course, there are many differences). Even the uniform colors are similar...well almost. The uniform colors in my rpg empire thing thing are red and black...they have red and navy, it seems. Anyways, I will have to think about making that costume. I don't have a sewing machine though...I'll have to invest maybe on my birthday or something. ^^ Ooh what a good idea. That painting of Lafiel is impressive. 0,0; (one thing though, Lafiel...the person I cosplayed is number 18, not 17. 17 is the guy. ^_^;)

Hmm...Ahb cosplay...rpg version #18 cosplay...alternate #18 costume cosplay...Macross cosplay. I think I am definitely going to get a sewing machine for my b-day...if I don't splurge on anime...or clothes...

Lafiel
04-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Ack my bad. >.<
I always get the andriods messed up.
I thought it was 17 but then your nick was 18. So I thought.. well ya :)

You were great! ^^

number18
04-30-2003, 06:39 PM
lol. a-ok. Someone in the halls at AB was like awesome! number 17! and gave a thumbs up to me. Then in the artist's alley, some guy was like red rocket! Nice! And I turned around and politely told him the RR stood for Red Ribbon Army and we weren't Pokemon characters. I find the fact he said red rocket hilarious though.

Lotsa people called us androids too...though I can't blame anyone at all, since the english dub of DBZ calls 17 and 18 androids, which makes absolutely no sense since, for one, it's stated in numerous places that the twins are cyborgs, and secondly, 17 turns to 16 at one point in the dub and is like...you were made without a human base? Why did Dr. Gero need us then? They're cyborgs, which are bionic humans. Androids are more or less humanoid robots, though it gets more complicated than that, but yeah. And actually, there is a professor that is actually a real live cyborg now (so exciting!) Bah...I'll stop now before I seem like I'm whining (which I'm not - don't get me wrong.). I'm just a little uh...jinzouningen-obsessed.

I <3 the con. ^______^;; heh...heh...

hikura
04-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Number 18 obessed naaaaaaaaaah.You want to talk about obessed you should have heard go on about her wig and how it was totally "wrong".Mind you i might be biased here BUT her costume kickassed and took no prisoners.It took alot of the ocplayers.com members constantly telling her that to make her realize that her costume was great.Of course now she will harass me about this comment lol

number18
05-02-2003, 01:14 PM
_;;

now now...

X Kamui
07-29-2003, 07:44 PM
::hops into board, feeling new, >.<:: hello everyoen, Anime boston was great, i cant wait for the next one. I live in Ri so it was just a train ride away. I went on Saturday, So many nice people there, what a day.