PDA

View Full Version : Anime Idol

AoiHime
04-21-2003, 01:42 AM
So did anyone here go watch it? I'm planning on trying out at ACEN, any word on my competition. *waggles eyebrows* How was it? Please tell me!!

Michi
04-21-2003, 01:56 AM
o_O; Anime Boston had an Anime Idol competition too? Odd. o.o

Tribble
04-21-2003, 04:31 PM
I watched it all the wat through. Out of the starting 20 people I'd say about 8 of them were truly talented. After the initial round and the ranks being cut down to 10, the competition got a lot more fierce. Only a handfull of people were actually good at the dubing part, quite a few people said their lines too quickly and the screen was left with a speaking mouth with no words. From the 3 that won, 1 of them was extremely good, i could have mistaken him for the normal voice actor in the scene. The other two girls also did quite well as far as energy and diction goes.

From what I saw, i'd say that the key to getting into the second round is to do something where you show off a small selection of your voices/skills or recite something original with a voice you are very used to speaking in. They seemed to really like energetic speakers as well. Hope that helps, heh.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-21-2003, 05:05 PM
which ones won? or got to the final round. I didn't stay for all of it.

JacksUsername
04-21-2003, 05:34 PM
ack, i don't remember names....the three winners involved the shorter girl who's monolouge I can't remember (like that really helps, huh?)...the guy had a ponytail i think with darker hair, and did the voice of the kid getting slapped around and hair torn out in the final round. And the third winner was the girl thata lot of the guys were cheering for as she *ahem* bounced on stage.

AoiHime
04-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Hmm.. sounds tough I guess. But I have time to practice.

what do you mean by .. "bounced" O.O

Tribble
04-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Ah yea, that would be Sarah, heh. She lives in the same dorm as I here at Northeastern and yea she is a bit *ahem* bouncy ;) . Unfortunately I dont think she'll beable to enter the final round as next fall she'll be going to Japan for study. For the life of me though, i cant remember the names of the other 2, though yea, that guy who dubed that scene with the kid was great. I wouldnt be suprised at all if he won the whole thing, though that may be a bit of an over estimation.
Next year I am definately trying out for that though, already got an idea griding away for a skit, heh.

Nekki_Basara
05-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Hi! Christian Milik here. I was one of the winners at Anime Idol: Boston (The guy with the pony-tail) I just wanted to say thanks for saying such nice things about me.

As you sure Sara is not going to be in the contest?!?!? That would suck.

My advice to everyone thinking of entering:

1. be energetic
2. show your range
3. be fueled by the audience

If you have stage fright or anything, its probably not the contest for you.

Good Luck to all my future rivals (I won't forgive you!! {just kidding})

~C

Tribble
05-05-2003, 11:09 PM
I'm not a 100% sure anymore cause she was going over some lines for something dub or another the other night. *shrug* Perhaps shes recording certain stuff now to send in her absence, then again, i should probably ask her before i spin ideas out of control :thumbsup: .

And thanks for the advice, I will use it against you . . . erm take heed of it . . :devil: .

EvilMoogleQueen
05-06-2003, 11:12 AM
^ Good luck Tribble!