PDA

View Full Version : Chii's hair accessories

Babbit_Chan
08-23-2002, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know how to go about making those things she puts in her hair? >>;

Himemiya
08-23-2002, 03:14 PM
I used pieces of flexi foam so they'd match my ears :D but thats just because I'm cheap ^^;;
I've seen them done with friendly plastics and modeling clay stuffs... I've also seen them made out of fabric =P I didn't like it much, but whatever.

Michi
08-23-2002, 04:23 PM
I've seen them made with empty thread spools. o_o

Babbit_Chan
08-23-2002, 05:44 PM
Another question, really quickly, is how would you get them on??

arisuchan
08-23-2002, 08:34 PM
I made my "ears" out of model magic over a latch hook frame to give them the 3-dness they needed. To attach them Lady Somairot came up with the idea of using hair i had cut off of the wig making a head band-ish thing to hide the fact that it was there cause it was wig hair. For the pieces on the front, I just used straight model magic. Model magic is a little difficult to work with, but it dries hard with out needing any heat or anything

Haruka
08-24-2002, 01:25 PM
for the hair beads, i used sculpty...i really woundnt suggest using it cause its kinda difficult getting them both the same size @_@...as for getting the beads in the hair..i made a loop out of some twine and threaded the bead thingy through it, then i got some of the hair from the wig, and i looped the BOTTOM (important) part of the hair strand through the twine loop...then i pulled down really hard, and the hair pulled through....last, i simply pushed the bead up the hair and viola!
for the chii ears, i made them out of that foam paper stuff....
if you would like to see a pic just go to my website (firefly-path.com) and look under accessories. i hope that helps ^_~

Babbit_Chan
08-24-2002, 05:56 PM
Wai, thanks for all the help guys =D

mandichan
08-24-2002, 07:30 PM
You can also buy them via www.cospa.com
I used the mail form thing on the English page and never got a response.. So you might want to try another method of contacting them. I've talked to other people who have gotten stuff from them no problem, so maybe I'm just unlucky ^_^

(They also have the official Chi ears for half of what you will pay on ebay ^_^)

DeathAngel
08-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Oddly those guys at cospa.com usually respond to e-mails that has a lot to do with buying the item. If the do respond it takes several days. Anything else such as a question and they won't respond. Hopfully those hair peices will be availiable on ebay because I do want them :P

Babbit_Chan
08-24-2002, 10:17 PM
Yesh, all I've seen on Ebay is the ears, never the hairpieces themselves. Any volunteers? (hee hee)

HuongStar
08-26-2002, 11:38 AM
I just used Model Magic that I molded around a pencil and I let them dry in a couple of hours. You are supposed to wait overnight but I needed my ears for that weekend. Paint them white and pink, and VOILA! "Thread" your hair through the holes and secure your hair with a rubber band. Slide the hair accessories over the rubber band and they will be secure all day.

Next time, I'll know not to rush because it definitely shows (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=1706) in the end. The colors and shapes are all wrong.

Babbit_Chan
08-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Yay! I'm so proud of the ones I made ^_^ Thanks guys! Ah, Huong-chan, I love your Genki Hats store X3

Michi
08-26-2002, 05:59 PM
I want Chii accessories for the sake of having them. O_O Not because I plan to cosplay her. XD Oh well, someday when I have money to spare.. haha. x.x

HuongStar
08-27-2002, 02:43 PM
Hee hee, it's my friend Lindze's hat store but I don't mind promoting it because I love her hats!

Miaka No Baka
09-09-2002, 01:02 PM
well I'm going to be casting mine of resin shortly. Hopefully all goes well. I made one ear out of crayola model magic so when i cast two of them they'll be identical ^_^ I just need to get some more of this stuff to make the mold of and go to michaels and get the resin and titanium oxide to make it white ^_^

if it turns out well I'll post pictures.

Miaka no Baka

Yuna
09-09-2002, 01:20 PM
For the ones I made I bought these small spools of thread and took all the thread off. Then I used hot glue around the edges of it. I let the glue dry so it was a hard, textured ring around each base of the spool, then painted the dried hot glue white and the spool pink! Worked out pretty well accually! You just have to becarfully not to chip off the glue ^^() Simple = cheap = more fun! XD