PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who at SDCC07

Estel
05-12-2007, 02:12 AM
Well, another year, another huge obsession. Who's interested in a 'Who' get together? There's a whole crowd of us out there, I know it. I'll be there as Captain Jack Harkness (one of his costumes anyway I have all of em). I've got a Torchwood team and a Nine (or 10) and a Rose to drag along. We'll be around, but if anyone else is interested in a gathering-type-thing... I figured I'd ask.

timelord25
06-05-2007, 07:57 PM
You know I'll be there of course.

It's sad we haven't found as many cosplayers as I'd have liked but I think we'll have a pretty good group regardless. I'll be in my Four (with 'Revenge' Cyberman on back-up), and I'll be with my friends in thier Three, Seven, Eight (or he may be a GasMask Zombie instead) and Five outfits on Sat. Our Two, Zoe, Empty Child and both Ten's will be there all 4 days. It looks like most of us will Cosplay Who on Sat with a few of us doing a Fri meetup. I'll probably be doing my Kirk Alyn Superman again on the other days.

Sadly it looks like SciFi can't step on the BBCWW toe's and more than likely won't put up the cash to bring the Gallifrey TARDIS to SDCC. However there's still a good chance we'll have 2 Classic Daleks. Fingers crossed!

-Bob

atomic99
06-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Please!! Bring some Who Cosplay to SDCC. It needs it!! Someone brought their own Tardis a few years ago for some photoshoots.

I would LOVE to see some Cybermen and Daleks there!!

timelord25
06-10-2007, 06:58 PM
While I've seen a couple of Dr. Who cosplayers in the past (maybe 3 in the last 6 years) - this will easily be the biggest Who Cosplay group SDCC has ever seen or certianly seen in quite a long time. And if you ask me it's about time! Counting the Torchwood folks and keeping hope eternal our 2 Daleks will come through will be up to around 20 people. Still not quite at the level of Dragon Con's 25 plus character group but pretty good if you ask me.

While a few of us will be wandering Thurs and Fri- the big day is Sat. So keep your eyes peeled. I'm hoping to plan two big meet-ups. A Noonish one eithe rin a nice open Sails Pavilion area or perhps by the SciFi booth to promote the show a bit (but considering how crowded the dealer's room gets on Sat I am not sure it's a great idea to have so many meet up there). And a 6PMish meet in the photoi area of the masquerade to mingle with the other floor costumers and hopefullly get some good posed pics.

I'll re-post here when things finalize if anyone's curious to see the whole group together come Sat.

Rekka
06-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Not sure yet, but considering going as the 4th doctor since I got the scarf from a friend as a gift. But I'm a little afraid of the warm weather that'll kill me when I wear all those layers/the scarf...

timelord25
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Speaking as the Four of the gorup and as somone who wore the costume last year at SDCC '06.... yes it's a very hot costume.

It depend son how you go with the coat, the layer sunderneath and if your scarf is garter or stockinette stitch.... which can all affect how hot you'll be...but generally you're tlaking about wearing a shirt, vest, coat and scarf in SD in July.

Once inside it's not so bad... but I recommend keeping a cloth in your pocket for brow mopping and a hand fan. Or if you have a good hat for your costume- that works too.

While multiples of a particular Doctor are welcome, if you decide to fill in another Doctor we're missing- we're still looking for a 1st, 6th and an 8th. So FYI.

I'll post once we nail down the meet times so you can join us if you get your costume together in time.

vandonovan
06-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I'll be there as the second Doctor, with my girlfriend as Zoe as you two already know, but I thought I'd mention it here too. :) I've come up with another costume to wear on Friday, so I probably won't be Two on Friday, but definitely Saturday. :D

Rekka
06-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Eheh, thanks for the tips.

timelord25
06-15-2007, 01:44 PM
No problem. Please drop me an e-mail if you'll think you'll be costuming as the 4th doctor and want to meet up with us on Sat.

manofsteel25@yahoo.com

-Bob

Rekka
06-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Ahah, unfortunately I'll only be going Friday, though. We've got other plans in our visit to California, as much as I'd like to stay at the con longer.

But thanks for the offer. ;)

timelord25
06-16-2007, 03:28 AM
No worries. I'm sure you'll have a great time at the Con on Fri in or out of costume. :)