PDA

View Full Version : dance feedback/problems/requests/etc.

Paxus
04-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Please drop some feedback here, trying to make my dances better with each passing con. A few things:

1. Friday was the other dj's first con, cut him a lil slack, he did better than i did on my first dance. He did however, make a playlist in advance, which works in theory, but not in practice.

2. Power cuts happened unexplainably, this will be rectified next year. I was really not all that happy about it myself : /

3. Anime dances should be as close to all anime music as possible. I play a good portion of anime music, but also play vg music, vg remixes, jpop, j-trance, and jrock when possible.

4.More bass, there will be more bass next year, i assure ya!

5.Requests, mos definetly drop some requests, i am always searching for new stuff and would love to know some stuff that would make for a better dance.

umm thats about all. lemme know what ya think. : ) -&rew

EvilMoogleQueen
04-21-2003, 05:58 PM
i forgot to bring my CDs with me...

My only suggestion is to play songs from the populra shows, especially the recent ones. OPs and EDs are better than just jpop. i would have liked more final fantasy remixes and DDR. but other than that it was a pretty good dance. it was a lot of fun.

MrWonderfulToji
04-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Yea, I agree with teh mooglequeen.
More dancemania! those are an excellent series of cds, and I would have been thrilled to hear something along the lines of Tears in May or Hearts of Ice..
although, sadly, I didn't get to go to either dance.. my friend came down sick and I wasn't gonna leave him alone sick in the hotel room! but I heard that it was a good time, and I'm sorry I missed it
sean

Zephyr Rhapsody
04-21-2003, 08:52 PM
So, you didn't go to either dance, but would have liked to have heard some song requests of yours that weren't played...

How's that work?

MrWonderfulToji
04-21-2003, 09:14 PM
hes asking for feedback or suggestions, and I was seconding a suggestion someone made.
he asked for suggestions and you picked apart the post of someone you don't even know.. hows that work ;)
sean

chocoborancher
04-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Paxus
Please drop some feedback here, trying to make my dances better with each passing con. A few things:

1. Friday was the other dj's first con, cut him a lil slack, he did better than i did on my first dance. He did however, make a playlist in advance, which works in theory, but not in practice.

2. Power cuts happened unexplainably, this will be rectified next year. I was really not all that happy about it myself : /

3. Anime dances should be as close to all anime music as possible. I play a good portion of anime music, but also play vg music, vg remixes, jpop, j-trance, and jrock when possible.

4.More bass, there will be more bass next year, i assure ya!

5.Requests, mos definetly drop some requests, i am always searching for new stuff and would love to know some stuff that would make for a better dance.

umm thats about all. lemme know what ya think. : ) -&rew
I can be sure of that myself - Power cuts also effected my videotaping of some panels & events.

sevette
04-22-2003, 03:50 AM
i went to the dance on both friday and saturday night. the second night seemed to be an exact replica of friday's, since DDR, excel saga, and two-mix seemed to be the most popular. i like all of those, but it would have been nice to hear some j-rock (gackt, please!) and more j-pop a la ayumi hamasaki, utada hikaru, etc.

so, i guess taking more requests would be my only real suggestion. other than that, i think the dances were a blast. ^^

...and someone needed to tell those glow-stick kids writhing on the floor saturday night that they need to get a life. :P

Oshi
04-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Dude. I was ECSTATIC to hear so many DDR/Dancemania music, and even more excited to hear, lo and behold, OVERCLOCKED REMIXES!!! Quality remixes of videogame music! I nearly died when I heard Ayrez's FinalFantasy 'Crystal Rave' OC Remix come on... Weee ^_^

I didn't really go in that much, but I was on the mezzanine alot and could hear it, and it was good. Heheh.

number18
04-22-2003, 12:09 PM
I thought it was awesome on Friday night when you played something from that Cybertrance Presents Ayutrance thing. I absolutely love those songs, though I'm not a big Ayumi Hamasaki fan, really. They're great to dance to.

This is more of a personal thing -> while DDR songs are all good and everything, it's eurobeat stuff and that's like hyper speed techno, which is hard to breakdance to without killing yourself. All the songs played where like, just a few bpm too fast. Then again, I was also wearing tight pants and that's not too good to breakdance in. lol. Annnnnd...I suck compared to #17. lol

More Ayutrance! More Pizzicato 5! More bass. Um...slightly slower paced songs, if you know what I mean. I liked the vg music a lot a lot. I liked that there was actual anime music playing at an anime dance. I have heard con dances usually don't play much anime music and such, so that's what you were trying to go for.

Um, a few of my personal, danceable faves happen to be the Ayutrance stuff, Misia (who has a crapload of awesome stuff to dance to), Pizzicato 5 stuff, Fantastic Plastic Machine stuff, Ryuichi Sakamoto/Yellow Magic Orchestra(!!!), maybe some K-pop artists, annnnd yeah.

Paxus
04-22-2003, 03:23 PM
thanx everyone for the good feedback so far. As for some of the same things getting played saturday, kinda happened due to requests, and oh somewhere around a couple more thousand people showing up : ). I tried to stray from the tunes played on friday. I played a lil jrock, "color me blood red" and some untitled malice mizer song i wasnt too too familiar with. Glad to hear that some people were actually listening to the stuff at the dance too : ). I love educated dancers! As for breakdancing, lemme know if you have a crew or whatnot beforehand, and ill be sure to lay out some breaks, i have an ayumi hybrid remix that fits the bill nicely. BTW, what did y'all think of that "I need a hero" remix? It was a niji/avex promo i got my mitts on, its only about 2 weeks old. :skidude2: I have my connections. I'll look into scoring some more dancemania. I did play a lil utada, need to get more. I had alot of weird promo stuff that i was given too. That's where that weird moonlight shadow remix came from. And i promise that i'll slow down the tempo a lil more at the next dance i do, sometimes it just gets hopping : ) -&rew
P.S. keep the feedback a coming

EvilMoogleQueen
04-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by sevette

...and someone needed to tell those glow-stick kids writhing on the floor saturday night that they need to get a life. :P

the breakdancers really pissed me off. those two boys... they took up most of the dance floor and wouldn't move.

Originally posted by Oshi
I nearly died when I heard Ayrez's FinalFantasy 'Crystal Rave' OC Remix come on... Weee ^_^

I think they should have played more FF remixes. I only heard the one. more DDR and FF would have been great.

Paxus
04-22-2003, 03:31 PM
mos def alot of ddr was played, ill try to spread it out more next tim. had two ff remixes, yeah i need to slip in the mako reactor remix next time, its the tops. : ) -&rew

number18
04-22-2003, 04:47 PM
which night? what boys, moogle queen? I'm assuming friday night cause I saw you there with ....somebody that I can't remember.

I think #17 scared off a lot of people by immediately getting out on the floor like that on Friday night. He is such a nice guy, I hope nobody thought he was like....deliberately trying to steal floor space. I was surprised that the circle got so huge so quickly. He really wanted to get everyone dancing, which is why when the huuuuge space would not collapse, he was trying to get everyone back in. Him and the other dude who was a pop-lock maniac. They were cool. What pissed ME off were those three guys that just were making asses of themselves. They went up to #17 and did stupid goofy shit, so Martin just did what he does and he responded with some moves...but those kids just only kept doing stooopid shit. It was very very annoying. Spinning around likes fools thinking they were funny. To me, those are the guys who kept that huge space open...ugh. Martin (#17) turned to them at one point and was like, stop screwing around, you're being really rude to the other people. And apparently they stopped cause they stopped doing the worm one after another.

But I did feel sorry for all the people who immediately backed off Friday night. That's totally what was not trying to be accomplished. Saturday night we showed up a little late and Martin went on the dancefloor and started doing his thing once again and nobody backed off that badly, so I was glad. I really think it was that big cause it was like, as soon as the music was going Friday, he was out. But we were both excited. Nobody would come back out in to fill that space though, despite Martin and I waving people in and shit. Then again, those idiot kids were taking up the space at that time. I hope nobody really thought they were doing anything "real."

I'm sorry they (Martin and the black dude whose name I forgot) made you mad tho, evil Moogle queen. =bowbow=

EvilMoogleQueen
04-22-2003, 07:03 PM
^ not #17. it wasnt him. it was these other guys.

and as for FF remixes, theres an awsome victory theme remix out there and i'm sure you can find a chocobo one.

RichAyanami
04-24-2003, 07:56 PM
I think one thing about the AB dance is that the dancefloor that was set up was really small, when compared to other dances anyways. The size of the floor itself was barely big enough for more than a few people if you're breaking, and the lights and speakers were only fixed on that one area. Anyways, maybe next year the space can be expanded a little more...

Paxus
04-24-2003, 08:14 PM
yeah i noticed that too, did my best by pointing my monitors backwards with a set of lights aimed behind me. worked as well as one can in that situation i guess :)

wacko
05-02-2003, 11:06 PM
*agrees* .. but there were glowstickers on the dance floor? Well, I saw a few freehanding, but I don't see that as very annoying. In fact, I spent half my dance-time staring at the stringers in the back... ... *drifts away*....