PDA

View Full Version : cosplay help

Shaft
04-21-2003, 05:36 PM
http://filmcritics.org.hk/blackmask/blackmask3.jpg

Can anyone help me find a mask like this. Please. If you do I will give you something really worth while. Thats if your going to acen.

Shaft
04-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Cough *its free anime*

Shine-Chan
04-21-2003, 09:51 PM
The incredibly cheep method...

You could make it really easy with a cheep half mask for a base from a party store, corrugated cardboard and gloss black spray paint. You can find some nice cardboard at any store that has carries scrap-booking materials. I would use tacky glue to put the cardboard on the mask because it won't warp the mask and you have some time to move things before it drys.

Menchi
04-21-2003, 10:15 PM
oh the cardboard idea then maybe see about a fabric spray adhesived to the back then a black spray paint of it...if ya can get a clear spray sealant (like for art stuff such as pastels) it may add the extra glimmer it needs. i have used the clear accrylic coat on vinyl that was kinda shiny befroe but after wow. then maybe spirit gum it to your face or such. it woudl be pretty easy ^^

Yui
04-22-2003, 04:32 PM
You could also take a length of all-ready black vinyl and fold over little sections, sewing seams on the back, making your own corrugation. It'll probably hold a curve more consistantly than cardboard. Maybe. Um, that's what I just did yesterday for some shoulder armor, and it worked for me.
As far as finding a pre-made mask like that, I've never seen one before, though. -_-* Did you ask in the general costume help forum?)

Shaft
04-23-2003, 12:13 AM
Thanks guys

Yui
04-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey, I was just in hobby lobby today (looking for a full-face mask for Darcia...yeah, I'm cutting it close...) Um, I didn't find what I was looking for ^_^* - but they did have slightly larger than the normal half-masks there amongst all the feathers and stuff...but I think it's about the size you might need. You'll still have to cover it with the ridges, but it's closer to the right shape I think. Anyway, I've never noticed that kind before, so I thought I'd mention it to you in case you've got one of them nearby.

Shaft
04-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Sweetness, you rock