PDA

View Full Version : Exercising for cosplay group.

Rostao
05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Well this is not a cosplay group,

But I would like to start up an exercise group with cosplay in mind.

Background about me.
Lives in Irvine
has lost over 150lbs
currently teaches beginners capoeira as a student instructor at centrosul

Basically I am offering exercises I use for capoeira to help people get in shape for their cosplay characters.

All I ask is that they keep a log of what they eat and when, as well as any activity they do to measure effectiveness of my program.

Exercises will include but not be limited to
fast pace hiking
different versions of the push up
squats
back extensions
sit ups
and various capoeira movements.

Meeting place will be in Irvine, California. Meeting day will most likely be Sunday, for the duration of 2 hours.

please contact me at bertle615@gmail.com

if you are interested.

For those wishing to learn capoeira, I will not go further than Bimba's 8 sequences. If you wish to study capoeira, I urge you to study capoeira at an academy setting and I can recommend many studios.

DigitalLove
05-13-2007, 05:11 PM
capoiera! woooo! dude i wish i could make it for that... i'm already in shape though, courtesy of BB.com forums. i supplement like a science experiment... it's pretty crazy.

cool post though! aesthetics are aesthetics are aesthetics, imo.

Rostao
05-13-2007, 07:32 PM
true enough that aesthetics are aesthetics...
but this is more about me trying to develop a program using capoeira for those interested in getting in shape but not willing to truly take capoeira and commit it to their lifestyle. Basically I'd like to do something that's physical and fun and see if it's packageable by using what I know. That's why to me, it's more about an experiment to see if it's really effective or not. Again, I'd like to re-iterate that i'm not teaching capoeira. I'll do that in a studio setting, but I'm really interested if it's possible to have someone do capoeira movements and still be fun without the the joys of the music and having kicks flying at your head (which is fun to me)

sephygoth
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
you might be a lil more hard core into JUST capo for most ^^ but its a good fight for yourself, totally respect that not seeing any pics yet. Just a quick reply, but maybe you can expand it everywhere in USA, cappoplay technique at random cons...a panel, a gathering, etc get ppl into it(that houston con still goin?)

Aleze
07-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Ooo! Capoeira. With cosplay people!

Will you teach me even though I'm already in shape? Although, I'm not in Capoeira shape, so we could see how many lbs I gain in muscle.