PDA

View Full Version : A Band that wears Cosplay...god im bored

DJ(SiC)ness
08-23-2002, 06:13 PM
:thumbsup: i've may of had the lamest idea ever. iw as playing my guitar and i was wondering. Is there any bands that are huge anime fans. I mean bands that could write songs about anime and wear cosplay on stage (ala like Slipknots masks and uniforms)
I mean would that be a cool concept, or am i just lame and sould kick my own @$$ for saying it?

~DJ

Kusanagi
08-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Aren't there a few J-pop groups that do that?

DJ(SiC)ness
08-23-2002, 06:22 PM
i mean in the US

Tenjou
08-23-2002, 06:35 PM
I think it's a good idea. I mean, the band probably wouldn't be successful with the public, but would be a hit with American cosplayers.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-23-2002, 06:48 PM
That's a great idea, I somehow always wanted to do that... ^^

Kusanagi
08-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Too many copyright issues involved I believe...

Babbit_Chan
08-23-2002, 07:59 PM
There are copyright laws involved? o_O?

Yggdrasil Pie
08-23-2002, 10:50 PM
hmm...that's kinda true... copyrights will be a problem... ^^;;;;;

Jinx
08-25-2002, 05:50 PM
I was in Hot Topic a long time ago and some punk band had Ranma-chan on it. That pisses me off. o.o;;

At AX, there was this highschool drumline who did pieces from various Final Fantasy games and they were all dressed as various FF characters. That was pretty cool. I had an idea to do an FF8 marching show, but it's never works out. :P

Adella
08-25-2002, 07:53 PM
I saw a band at ACEN that did cover songs. and at AX there was that percussion group as FF chars!! GO AERIS!!!

Himemiya
08-25-2002, 08:12 PM
if the band had a record label, they'd need some major permission obtained from different companies. But if its an indie band, i think itd be kewl ^.~

Ranma Saotome
08-25-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by WaterEmperess
That's a great idea, I somehow always wanted to do that... ^^

Well for AXNY, me and friends were gonna be an anime pop group and sing "Bye, Bye, Bye" called the Bishi Boys, but that changed.

Ayaka
08-26-2002, 02:41 AM
Personally I'd love to see a band in the US inspired by visual kei and Japanese culture in general . . . I'd start one, if I could play an instrument or knew anyone who could. ^^;;; (I can kinda sing, I can write stuff, but play instruments, no. lol) Heheh, if anyone starts one, let me know and I'll start your fan club . . . ^^

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 09:22 AM
There is a German band (forgot their names) who sung Sailor Moon songs and I wore costumes from the show at one point. I'll have to ask my German Moonie friend about it next time I talk to him. ^____^

Sana-chan
08-26-2002, 10:22 AM
That'd be so cool tho! The percussion band at AX was so awesome too.

Ranma Saotome
08-26-2002, 10:52 AM
*sings one week by barenaked ladies*

DJ(SiC)ness
08-26-2002, 04:08 PM
i play bolth guitar and drums. But the problem is finding anime fans to be in a band

Carmila
08-26-2002, 04:15 PM
There is a drum and bugle corp in Atlanta called Senior Corp and their finishing song for their current show is Tank from Cowboy Bebop. I have to say it was rather entertaining!

Jinx
08-29-2002, 10:55 PM
me and my friends are trying to put something together.. I sing, got a bass player and a set player... we want to do a mixture of songs, plus some j-poppy like stuff... but then again, I tried the band thing and it didn't work out... o.o

Cait
08-30-2002, 07:43 PM
*nods* Yukai and I went to AnimeIowa. When we went to the dance she, I, and another of us dressed accidentially in similat black endambles (I wore a blue wig and accessories, of course). On the way back from the dance some people commented in earschot that we must be cosplaying a J-Rock band. Since then Yukai has been trying to get me and another cosplayer to start a band that cosplays... My personal preferance would be to get the anime quartet together we've been talking about for years. It looks like maybe next cosplay contest we're in we will be the Evangelion Death and Rebirth quartet playing Kannon in D (we all already know it.. our Shinji even knows Shinji's solo! She had to memorize it years ago.) Perhaps even hall peform in our Eva uniforms some of the dozens of anime tracks we know. *will be cosplaying Kowaru for this, will be her first crossplay*

DJ(SiC)ness
08-31-2002, 12:29 AM
It is so hard to find tabs for J rock. If anyone knows where to find them send a link my way.

"HIDE is really the Iron Chef of Italian...he's in disguise"

~DJ