PDA

View Full Version : Any American Cartoons Cosplayers?

Axelai
05-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I think i'm the only person left in the world who does American Cartoon cosplays. I don't mean Spiderman (thats American Comic stuffs.. classics). I mean something like Xiaolin Showdown, or Ben 10. Basically anything Cartoon Network.

Oh, and i despise Ben 10. Target replaced all Xiaolin Showdown merchandise with Ben 10. Now i have to make my own Monkey Staff. TT_TT

I'm dressing as Jack Spicer. So what are ya'll dressing up as?

And anyone going to the AX In long Beach?

penny_dreadful
05-15-2007, 04:03 PM
There are lots of people doing Avatar: the Last Airbender cosplays right now; personally I've done Fairly Odd Parents, and will be doing the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy in the future.

--PD

Devi 1313
05-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I know someday I want to make Tak and Gaz from Invader Zim and then Devi (JTHM, I feel sick) and Lenore, but those 2 are comic book characters. I know there were loads of others that I was thinking of, but I forget now.

ningyobaka
05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
ben 10 is good but so is xalion showdown. and i'm working on a few avatar cosplays sorta. started on my dolls not mine yet. invader zim rocks too.a nd catoon network isn't the only one with american cartoons. disney, and fox have cartoons.

makotohanabi
05-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Made a Quinn Morgendorffer (Daria mid 90s cartoon on MTV)costume last year, but don't have photos yet.

Also working on a Lady Jaye costume (G.I. Joe), have the wig just need time to get to a military surplus store. Trying to figure out how to do the black cat from the Pepe Le Pew cartoons.

Devi 1313
05-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh that's right! I want to make Jane Lane from Daria! Thanks for the reminder.

kojirojames2004
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
And there have been plenty of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends cosplaying as well.

penny_dreadful
05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Ooh, and Adult Swim cosplayers, too-- Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, ATHF, etc. I don't see that many from things like Family Guy, the Simpsons, Futurama, etc. but maybe that's because they're older-- although my fiance is DETERMINED to do a Bender cosplay someday.

You know what you don't see a lot of? Book cosplays. I guess we've been seeing Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings since before the movies came out, but from books there aren't movies of? Scarce, I suppose mostly because unless there's definite artwork to reference from, many people would feel daunted by the possibility of not being recognized.

That said, I give MAJOR MAJOR PROPS to the folks who are cosplaying Dragonlance, Discworld, and all those other literary greats that haven't been raped by Hollywood yet.

--Penny

Axelai
05-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I was gonna make a Hitchiker's Guide cosplay one time, but that went down cuz the movie came out (which i believ SUCKED... FORD ISNT BLACK! HE IS DESCRIBED AS PALE WITH CHESNUT HAIR. TT_TT ) and i didnt want to look different from the movie and have people kill me. That happens, ya know?

Mundo Del Rio
05-16-2007, 11:09 PM
I will be doing Tula from Pirates of Dark Water for Otakon 2007. This is an older show from the very early 90s, so younger people here might not know about it, lol. Looking for a group from the same series, so let me know if anyone is interested. :)

ChibiToon
05-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I did an original rave/femme version of Zim (Invader ZIM) for Otakon '05. ...I'm actually going to wear it again this Otakon, too, accompanied by an EGL version of GIR. ^_^

CT

IX.DemyxIsMyBoi
05-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I've done Daria (herself), I'm working on Jack, and I've done Dib from Invader Zim in the past as well as Nny from JTHM.

penny_dreadful
05-17-2007, 03:22 PM
I will be doing Tula from Pirates of Dark Water for Otakon 2007. This is an older show from the very early 90s, so younger people here might not know about it, lol. Looking for a group from the same series, so let me know if anyone is interested. :)

Oh my goodness, Pirates of Dark Water! AWESOME obscure cosplay.

--Penny

vampirate
05-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I cosplayed as Gaz several years ago. I also want to make a Daria costume for Halloween. I've got a Last Unicorn costume now(Though some people consider it anime for some odd reason). One day I'd like to have myself a Catra(She-Ra) costume too.

There's a fair amount vintage American cartoon cosplay out there at cons if you go to the right ones: Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and heck even Transformers.

Oh, and Penny there are a few Discworld movies, but yeah they're not Hollywood. I've got Wyrd Sisters and apparently a live action region 2 Hogfather dvd just came out! I'm going to see if my boyfriend can find a downloadable version since a region 2 dvd wouldn't do me any good... And my real point is: My dad has been wanting to put together a Death costume for a while now(complete with Death of Rats), and if he gets that going I think I'll make Susan to go with him.

penny_dreadful
05-18-2007, 02:49 PM
I cosplayed as Gaz several years ago. I also want to make a Daria costume for Halloween. I've got a Last Unicorn costume now(Though some people consider it anime for some odd reason). One day I'd like to have myself a Catra(She-Ra) costume too.

There's a fair amount vintage American cartoon cosplay out there at cons if you go to the right ones: Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and heck even Transformers.

Oh, and Penny there are a few Discworld movies, but yeah they're not Hollywood. I've got Wyrd Sisters and apparently a live action region 2 Hogfather dvd just came out! I'm going to see if my boyfriend can find a downloadable version since a region 2 dvd wouldn't do me any good... And my real point is: My dad has been wanting to put together a Death costume for a while now(complete with Death of Rats), and if he gets that going I think I'll make Susan to go with him.

You'd make a great Susan. Joe wants to do Sam Vimes (and is now kicking himself for not buying a PERFECT helmet when he saw it), and I'd do an Angua if I thought anyone would recognize me without a Carrot.

The BBC mini-series of Gaiman's Neverwhere was pretty good, so I'm just hoping that Stardust isn't ruined for me when it comes out in theaters. I already learned that Walden Media has DESTROYED all the charm and wonder of Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising and now I'm merely praying that it isn't a completely awful movie, to boot. Of course from that you could only probably manage a Dark Rider costume if you wanted anybody to recognize you, and even then you'd be pressing your luck.

Aaaaand now I'm just totally off the topic of American cartoons. Sorry.

--Penny

TechieCL
05-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Mundo Del Rio, "Noi-ji-tat!" awesome-ness doing Pirates of Darkwater.

penny_dreadful, I was at Gaiman's Stardust panel at SDCC last year. It looks awesome, so I'm confindent it'll be good.

And to get back on topic, I cosplay as Ron Stoppable complete with a Rufus plush that rides my shoudler. You'll see more American costumes, especially 80's series, hitting general sci-fi cons rather than anime.

Etherh20
05-20-2007, 01:51 AM

omg , a Pirates of Dark Water cosplay. I havn't seen that cartoon in ages. Can't beleive people still remember that show. I never got to see the end of the series,but the fact that you are cosplaying it is awsome.:bigtu:

DaphHime
05-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Even more kudos for Pirates of Dark Water cosplay! I haven't seen that show in forever. I was always dissaponted that they never finished the series.

I've been working on a classic Fred Jones (Scooby Doo) costume for a while. Just never got around to sewing the blue collar to the white shirt I have. I made the ascot though and it's awesome! I'm also thinking of cosplaying new series Fred (diffrent shirt and no ascot), Velma (I'd make a great Velma if I can find a decent wig),and if I lose some weight classic Daphne. I'm also tempted to try a few of their live action movie only oufits.

I'm surprised there isn't more Scooby cosplay out there. They're very simple yet iconic outfits.

Ironekilz
05-23-2007, 07:58 AM
This topic and the accompanying 80's cartoon cosplay topic make me very happy. ^_^

The only American cartoon cosplay I've done so far is from Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I'd love to do more. I can't wait to see that Tula cosplay! I'm glad so many people remember Pirates of Darkwater. Speaking of pirates and obscure cartoons, anybody remember Peter Pan and the Pirates? I loved that show! ::gears turning:: You know, that wouldn't be bad to cosplay from either....

Saxinthehall
05-23-2007, 11:31 AM
That said, I give MAJOR MAJOR PROPS to the folks who are cosplaying Dragonlance, Discworld, and all those other literary greats that haven't been raped by Hollywood yet.

--Penny

That reminds me, I need to work on my Podder Stibbons cosplay for Otakon. Just to see if I get confused with some other wizard.

Time to pull out my Discworld art books and The Last Hero again.

kojirojames2004
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
"There's a fair amount vintage American cartoon cosplay out there at cons if you go to the right ones: Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and heck even Transformers."

Could it be that more Transformers cosplay could have to do with the upcoming movie?

APandRB
05-23-2007, 12:10 PM
RB: I've cosplayed as Cosmo from the Fairly the oddparents. I'm also thinking about making somthing from Avatar the Last Airbender

Mundo Del Rio
05-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Well I have been finished my Tula outfit from Pirates of Dark Water, now I am just looking for other cosplayers who would like cosplay from it and join me at Otakon. It should be fun. I think I have found someone to be Ren, so there are many other characters from that series I would love to see some people do. This show isn't that obscure to me, but maybe that's because I have the whole series. Lol. :rockon: You can find me at Otakon 07 on the Friday as Tula. I think I will stick out. Pink galore. Noi-ji-tat...

mirrorsaber
05-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I either want to do Ben Tenison (bit afraid to do so since Im tallish), Jamie from Megas XLR, or Shego from Kim Possible. And for some strange reason, I want to break out as Emperor Kuzco in his school uniform from the tv series *even though they replaced his VA with a crappy one* but Im afraid I might get strange reactions.

ChibiTifa05
05-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't think anyone will know this cartoon unless they were born approximately in the year 1986 and up, but I'm planning to cosplay Fallon from Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders (also known as Princess Starla and the Jewel Riders in the UK). I most likely will be making her for New York Comic Con if I go. That old cartoon series needs more love. ^^;;

kojirojames2004
05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I'd like to do Mac from Foster's sometime down the road.

msmoonprincess
05-26-2007, 04:25 AM
I've done my weird and bizarre costumes before of Kim Possible (both versions), Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Princess Odette from the Swan Princess.

KnitChick
05-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I must be weird because I'm more interested in these types of costumes than the ones you see more of :D oh wait, I am weird. nevermind ;)

I've done Dani from Danny Phantom, debuted that costume at an anime convention no less ;) and got glomped by an Avatar cosplayer. I saw a Bender cosplayer, and a Darkwing Duck cosplayer there, which was awesome! :D

I have a friend who will be cosplaying Gir from Invader Zim next year. I would love to do Gibson from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! but that would be a difficult one because of the head (I can figure out everything else...), and I have batted around the idea of putting together a Kim Possible costume. I've also thought about Darkwing Duck, too, and I'd love to do Fairly Oddparents but I would need a partner -- you can't do Wanda without Cosmo or vice versa (for some reason I would almost rather do Cosmo, he's more fun! :D )

~MJ~

livvylove
05-27-2007, 02:38 AM
If I ever get over my fear of contacts I will be cosplaying Katara from the Avatar or even Princess Yue. I have thought about Azula as well since I love her evilness.

KnitChick
05-27-2007, 03:06 AM
If I ever get over my fear of contacts I will be cosplaying Katara from the Avatar or even Princess Yue. I have thought about Azula as well since I love her evilness.

Yeah, I finally got around to getting contacts so I could do Dani Phantom. Of course I didn't know that I had to specifically get fitted for the color ones (will do that next time I see the eye doctor :) ), but I have gotten the hang of contacts finally. I got the Acuvue Oasys and they're the best!

Gaara-Sephiroth
05-27-2007, 03:13 AM
There are lots of people doing Avatar: the Last Airbender cosplays right now; personally I've done Fairly Odd Parents, and will be doing the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy in the future.

--PD

I hate most American cartoons and think they're so stupid! But Avatar's a cool show.

Mundo Del Rio
05-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I hate most American cartoons and think they're so stupid! But Avatar's a cool show.

You're kidding me right? We ARE mostly talking about old obscure ones, back when American cartoons were very good, yes? Nowadays yes I agree, they suck, not to mention these days cartoons are so similar. But the old 80s and early 90s shows are a piece of my soul that I could never forget. :toothy: But I can speak because I am old and I remember them. I actually like old American cartoons more than anime and I love cosplaying from them. I was Crysta once from Ferngully the Last Rainforest. I plan to bring that one back. Lol. *wink*

Gaara-Sephiroth
05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
You're kidding me right? We ARE mostly talking about old obscure ones, back when American cartoons were very good, yes? Nowadays yes I agree, they suck, not to mention these days cartoons are so similar. But the old 80s and early 90s shows are a piece of my soul that I could never forget. :toothy: But I can speak because I am old and I remember them. I actually like old American cartoons more than anime and I love cosplaying from them. I was Crysta once from Ferngully the Last Rainforest. I plan to bring that one back. Lol. *wink*
That's neat.

I'm sorry do be offensive to anyone, I haven't seen many old ones but the ones I have seen, I just didn't like too much. They were better than now, though, by a lot.

The_Killer_Hare
06-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, the new cartoons in a word suck. They took out all the fun of them.

But I digress, I am pulling together a Casey Jones outfit from the 1984 Ninja Turtles. Though my sleeveless shirt will be black instead so I'll claim to be pallete swapped.

I'm also doing Strong Bad, but I am now also interested in Doing Nate Explosion from Metalocalypse.

Gaara-Sephiroth
06-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, the new cartoons in a word suck. They took out all the fun of them.

But I digress, I am pulling together a Casey Jones outfit from the 1984 Ninja Turtles. Though my sleeveless shirt will be black instead so I'll claim to be pallete swapped.

I'm also doing Strong Bad, but I am now also interested in Doing Nate Explosion from Metalocalypse.
Yeah, they just made them so stupid and annoying most of them aren't even fun to watch anymore :-(

Axelai
12-19-2007, 01:22 AM
I dont think they suck... D: Sure, some of them are lame. But i actually like some... which is hard to name. *sounds stupid*

Ironekilz
12-19-2007, 06:49 AM
Well, since this thread has been resurrected anyway, I'd like to add that for Halloween I made a Velma from Scooby Doo costume so now I have a couple American cartoon cosplays.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=95045&member=28994

paper cosplay
12-19-2007, 08:37 AM
myfirst two cosplays were american aqua teen hunger forces, and one that my friends liked the best MR. Sparkles from the Simpsons. I'm planning out a family guy costumes for Quagmire I got a hawain shirt thats a close match but I may end up sewing yellow flowers on to red shirt. what I'm think about and a little conserned to buy and wear is the cheata briefs he wears.

Kate-chan
12-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah, I've seen a lot of American cartoon cosplays, including characters from Avatar, Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Disney movies, even South Park and Alvin and the Chipmunks. I've also personally cosplayed characters from The Simpsons (Homer and Lisa to be exact).

Queen Anime 99
12-24-2007, 04:11 AM
I seen Fairy Odd Parents, Avatar, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Teen Titans cosplay, so you're not alone. I'm doing a "Prom Queen" version of Him from the Powerpuff Girls in September 2008. :D I might do Dexter from Dexter's Lab some day. I already have his glasses. ^_^

Super80sDemon
12-25-2007, 02:34 AM
I don't think anyone will know this cartoon unless they were born approximately in the year 1986 and up, but I'm planning to cosplay Fallon from Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders (also known as Princess Starla and the Jewel Riders in the UK). I most likely will be making her for New York Comic Con if I go. That old cartoon series needs more love. ^^;;
.......oh.....my god.....I grew up watching that show.
Oh man, I think I'd die if I saw a Jewel Riders cosplay.

If I had the sewing skills, I'd totally try some of my old nickelodeon faves like Norbert from Angry Beavers, Ickis from Ahh Real Monsters, or Rocko from Rocko's Modern Life. I'd also like to attempt Demona from Gargoyles....

Etsu
12-27-2007, 12:19 AM
All this talk of old cartoons has brought me back to my childhood when I wanted to be Princess Tenko from "Princess Tenko and the Guardians of Magic." ^_^ If there's anybody who has cosplayed Tenko, I give you mad props as images are hard to find and her costumes are so intricate.

My friend and I wanted to do Kim Possible and Shego for Halloween, but we didn't have any time this year.

Bealzabub
12-28-2007, 06:05 PM
*raises hand* I've done Cosmo from FOP...

helpmegetpissed
12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/helpmegetpissed/l_3b4d1e1dce988386441bab60fe03bc63.jpg my wife

Fashwiing
12-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm slowly pulling together an Ember McLane costume from Danny Phantom. Yep. Reeeeeally slowly. I have the boots done.

paper cosplay
12-29-2007, 01:36 AM
made my first attempt at Quagmire but I think I'm going to have to get a red shirt and attach yellow follows. OH!!
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=99614&member=31996

KnitChick
12-29-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm slowly pulling together an Ember McLane costume from Danny Phantom. Yep. Reeeeeally slowly. I have the boots done.

YAY! Another DP cosplayer!! Kudos!!! :D

And Bealzabub, you rock for doing Cosmo! ;)

So far I've done Dani Phantom and my DP OC Lenora, and one of my upcoming cosplays is going to be Vlad Plasmius ;) I'm also thinking about doing X-Men Evolution Gambit.

RobotPenguin
12-30-2007, 02:33 AM
more loves for Pirates of Dark Water. that show was a work of art from the days when America still made serious cartoons. i miss that along with the old X-men cartoon. i wonder if a box set is out somewhere.I will be doing Tula from Pirates of Dark Water for Otakon 2007
Also working on a Lady Jaye costume (G.I. Joe)
I've done Fairly Odd Parents, and will be doing the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy in the futurePictures! show some pictures! i'd love to see them, they're all such great ideas.
If I had the sewing skills, I'd totally try some of my old nickelodeon faves like Norbert from Angry Beavers, Ickis from Ahh Real Monsters, or Rocko from Rocko's Modern Life.i've had those same ideas. i guess great minds think like us. i'd love to do Filbert from Rocko or Norbert. making the body would be the easy part, it's his spikey hair and snout that would be hard.
now for me to show off my American animation cosplays, Stewie and Uncle Grandfather:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1226937
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1180403

Bricklyn
12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Hello I am from America and i have actually been look for someone to do a commission for me.

The costume I actually need made is from an American cartoon called Beetlejuice.

http://tabbykat.deviantart.com/art/Lydz-47878035 <---Link to a picture of what i try to get.

Pilot
12-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I've got a whole line of Transformers planned, now. Some from G1, some from the new cartoon now. :D

(And if Jetfire's in the next movie, I'm going to attempt making a Bayformer then. But that's not a cartoon. ^^)

Anyone else doing 80's or 90's cartoons?

ZGoku296
01-02-2008, 02:01 AM
KND (we've got 'em all but Numbah 2, but we DO have Numbah 3's lil sister, Mushi), and the Rowdyruff Boys. There's some good '90's toons for ya!

Bagu
01-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I have an Aku (Samurai Jack) outfit almost completed. Hopefully will bring it to Katsucon.

Squiggle
01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I've barely done anything with it, but I want to have a First Mate Jenny costume from Bucky O'Hare for Dragon*Con '08.:rockon:

KANEDA
01-05-2008, 01:23 AM
hmm I thought I posted in here, but maybe not.
anyhow....
I did a Klokateer costume from METALOCALYPSE.

wore it to the DETHKLOK concert at UCLA on Nov 1st.
and was interviewed for G4's Attack Of The Show in it. heh

pic in photo gallery.

DaphHime
01-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Well, since this thread has been resurrected anyway, I'd like to add that for Halloween I made a Velma from Scooby Doo costume so now I have a couple American cartoon cosplays.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=95045&member=28994

Nice job. I love Scooby Doo cosplay. I made a Fred costume myself. It's finished but I haven't worn it much so I don't have any pictures.

I'm planning a Velma costume for Wizard World Chicago.

NiceGai44
01-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Lol I have done Token from South Park lol!

Bish
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I've done Muriel from Courage the Cowardly Dog (I still love that show), Chowder from well...Chowder, and Gwen from Ben 10. I'm just about to complete my Fire Nation School Uniform from Avatar's third season. I might even try Beetlejuice, Doug and Ahh!Real Monsters.

I'm getting more into American Cartoon cosplays, it gives a little flava.
Even if most of the American cartoons alike now, some of them are still fun to watch.

ChibiTifa05
01-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I was Lydia from Beetlejuice for Halloween last year. I still have to get my friend to upload the photos. >< That costume was fun to wear at the party and 95 percent of the people there knew who I was. American cartoon cosplays rock. ^^

I still want to get a Jewel Riders group together for Dragon*Con or something. It's gonna be kinda lonely with me cosplaying Fallon all by myself. DDD:

paper cosplay
01-12-2008, 03:50 AM
some questions:
how many people do adult swim?
do web shows count as well? I have a cool pic of a DR. tran costume
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1134425
don't know who this guy is but to him I say you are a hero sir and I salute you.

I also have a photo of a costume from an older american animated TV show mighty mouse.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1318511

Axelai
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
some questions:
how many people do adult swim?
do web shows count as well? I have a cool pic of a DR. tran costume
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1134425
don't know who this guy is but to him I say you are a hero sir and I salute you.

I also have a photo of a costume from an older american animated TV show mighty mouse.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1318511

OMGMIGHTMOUSEMYHERO. *dies*

callmemilo
01-19-2008, 02:46 PM
i'm an animation student (in the "real" world) and i seem to be the only one of my peers who's not all hopped-up on the anime-bandwagon. american stuff is awesome, and i'm glad you guys seem to think so too

i've done alot of comic book character cosplay (wow... aliteration! lol) but i might do some animated stuff sooner or later... only problem is, who do you cosplay as when you're 6'2" and have a few extra pounds?

Major G
01-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I was pretty well-known in the midwest for doing Chef (http://members.cosplay.com/costume/58445/). Right now, I'm looking at doing a few American characters:

- Cornelius Fillmore (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/Agent_H/References/fillmore.jpg) (Fillmore! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XwVAiVeZQ))
- Wade Load (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/Agent_H/References/kp_wade.gif) (Kim Possible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7hIZss1b0Y&feature=PlayList&p=BF86D9A2A938DDA8&index=15))
- Static (http://www2.warnerbros.com/video/staticshock/downloads/wallpaper/ss_wall2_800.jpg) (Static Shock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx7lf4BebjE))
- Virgil Hawkins (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/staticshock/bios/static/04.gif) (Static Shock)

paper cosplay
01-21-2008, 03:10 PM
i'm an animation student (in the "real" world) and i seem to be the only one of my peers who's not all hopped-up on the anime-bandwagon. american stuff is awesome, and i'm glad you guys seem to think so too

i've done alot of comic book character cosplay (wow... aliteration! lol) but i might do some animated stuff sooner or later... only problem is, who do you cosplay as when you're 6'2" and have a few extra pounds?

depends on how many ponds. even if you consider your self fat theres homer sipsons, petter griffin, stand smith, hank hill "I tell you what" just form FOX adult shows.

callmemilo
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
depends on how many ponds. even if you consider your self fat theres homer sipsons, petter griffin, stand smith, hank hill "I tell you what" just form FOX adult shows.

lol, ok true, but i don't consider myself THAT fat. i'm about 225lbs, so not fat, but relatively heavy...

paper cosplay
01-22-2008, 11:53 AM
what about a character from futurama
if your fine with a mini skirt zap branigan is a choice

Runi-Chan
01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Seconding the KND stuff--the costumes are incredibly simple, and props would be insanely fun to do.

Gosh, I wish I could get a group of friends to do a whole Sector V group. It'd be all sorts of epic. The villains also would be fantastic to see.

Gilly_kins
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
One day I want to do Pinky and the Brain costumes, because late night reruns have renued my childhood love for them. *narf*

KnitChick
01-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Pinky and the Brain would be awesome! Narf! ;)

Futurama is another good one, I ran into a Bender cosplayer at Acen 07, he even had some little beer charms, which was totally awesome! :)

jukebox
03-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm basically intensely love with Clone High right now. XD I'd love to cosplay it but my fear is no one getting it. I'd have to get a whole group going to have it be recognizable. (...*begins plotting evilly*)

Scoti
03-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I want to do Storm hawks cosplay, that show is friggin amazing.

crying_koneko
03-01-2008, 09:03 PM
there was a guy at houkocon and yasumicon that was dressed as quailman from Doug..... any one remember Doug >_< He was awesome

Altair8
03-02-2008, 07:47 PM

that's easy. cosplay the hulk, or master cheif, or even hulk hogan, though he's not a cartoon, but either way... someone will recognize you

last year i was going to cosplay goliath from the gargoyles (which imo was one of the best sat am cartoons and should never have been cancelled), but it didn't quite work out.
and i've never gone as anyone from xiaolin showdown, but i have this thing where i love to make props to costumes that i'll never where or even finish, so i made a whole bunch of shen gong wu (sadly i lost them though)
. offhand i can think of the changing chopsticks, the hawk's eye (if that's even what it's called), and the comb thing (god it's been a while since i watched that show :P.

Kate-chan
03-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Although not exactly American (more European), I'm currently working on a Zick from Monster Allergy costume for Momocon. If I don't finish it in time, I'm probably going to be in that Snow White costume I wore for a Girl Scout event earlier this year... @_@

paper cosplay
03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
that's easy. cosplay the hulk, or master cheif, or even hulk hogan, though he's not a cartoon,

their was a WWF cartoon while he was a super star. kind of like how there was a mister T anime.

but my real question should I make a better Hawaiian shirt for my faimly guy quagmire cosplay. only way I can figure to get more accurat is to buy a red shirt and stain or sew yellow flowers on.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/99614/

Altair8
03-03-2008, 02:59 PM
that looks pretty close to right, but if you can sew, you could buy a red shirt and sew the flowers on, because you'd always have that shirt to fall back onto.

paper cosplay
03-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I've start thinking about doing a code monkeys costume. the show lends its self to my paper costume style.

Yo-Yo
03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I love American cartoons. I grew up wanting to cospay so many characters before I discovered anime or cosplay.
My list is pretty long. I was planning on doing an Ed, Edd, & Eddy Kanker group with two of my best friends. We act pretty well into characer and were even going to have the turkey basters. My favorite cartoon from way back when was Pepper Ann, and I want to cosplay Milo. He was the first character whose costume I ever wanted. I even want to be Crackle from the Rice Krispies, but alas, nobody wants to be Snap or Pop, so I'm holding off on that one.. Skeeter from Doug would be fun for bodypaint practice, and there was another I can't wuite remember atm..

Play cosplays are also pretty rare. I'm thinking of cosplaying Enjolras from Les Miserables... He's my hero<3 Also the Artful Dodger from Oliver!, a remake of Oliver Twist.

Train-Kun
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking maybe someday I'll cosplay as Tak and another time I will cosplay as JTHM caz he's amazing :DD lol

Etsu
03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
there was a guy at houkocon and yasumicon that was dressed as quailman from Doug..... any one remember Doug >_< He was awesome
I used to watch Doug all the time! My roommate once made a Quail Woman outfit for a superhero-themed event.

Shinigami_Mimi
03-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Omg, I have SO MANY like Rainbow Brite, The Littles, Ben 10, Tiny Toons, Anastasia, My Little Ponies, Cats Don't Dance, Quest for Camelot, Kim Possible, Inspector Gadget :DDDD, and like the list goes on for pages. XD

GyzmoAlchemist
01-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Seconding the KND stuff--the costumes are incredibly simple, and props would be insanely fun to do.

Gosh, I wish I could get a group of friends to do a whole Sector V group. It'd be all sorts of epic. The villains also would be fantastic to see.

Haha thirded! Only problem is, I'm over 6 ft, which isn't conducive to a good KND cosplay - maybe I could be Father...

Recently became acquainted with the awesome series Megas XLR, and since I (and chicks!) freakin' dig giant robots, I'm thinking I'll try a Megas cosplay, 'cause that would rock SO hard! Been sketching out some designs, might post 'em when they're more complete :toothy: Ben 10's another favorite (old series, not the new one - new's OK, but just not the same vibe...), but I think I'd feel weird cosplaying a 10 year old boy...

So glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks American cartoons are worthy of cosplay!

Gambit_X82
01-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Gambit right here. I love cosplaying American superheros its fun. I am working on a few new characters to do soon.