PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay you were most excited to see?

number18
04-22-2003, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure if this thread will be appropriate, since it will be like ohh I loved this cosplayer, but I am just really excited I saw a Krillin cosplayer at the con. I actually got to kinda smile in a picture with him. He was very cool and I think his name was Kenny or something. ^_^

And then there was the very nice and friendly Totoro cosplayer, who later on managed to get a May (the little girl) pillow/plushie, which was oddly proportionate to mr Totoro cosplayer. hehe. I also took a picture with him, looking kind of flabbergasted. hehe...

Of course, the Domo-kuns were something to fuss over too. I hugged one. That was fun.

And then there was Kakashi sensei from Naruto. I loved that guy! I don't know. He was really cool. We kept seeing him throughout the con just hanging out by himself and looking tough and ninja-like in a way. His costume was great. And he was in our Friday night dancing crew, him, and these two very cute black girls from my home town (who were actually in college) that were all about dancing too. Ahhh dancing. :D

Everyone's costumes were so great. I saw a bunch of people I didn't get pictures of, even though I had my camera right there. I guess it was the pain shooting up from my feet, wearing high heels all day long...but yes, it was very cool. There was actually another #18 and #17 wandering around, though I'm not sure if they were together...we got some pictures of them too.

Lots of Final Fantasy people! Are there always that many Final Fantasy cosplayers at cons? I was like 0,0; so many...

hehe. So those are the few people I got all excited and squealy to see. Oh wait, there was that Macross pilot guy too, who was totally cool. Yeah. I'm done. Hope this thread is appropriate.

F4shi0nabl3
04-22-2003, 01:25 PM
I personaly really liked the totoro, and the cosplayer from the new legend of zelda... of course I was really happy to see my freinds as kilik and sophitia from soul calibur 2 :-D

Michi
04-22-2003, 01:43 PM
This is a fine thread, 18. ^^ I can't reply of course, but I thought I'd mention that.. you aren't talking about favorite or better cosplayers, just what stood out and you were happy to see. I do that. ^^
And yesssss there are that many FF cosplayers at EVERY con. :P

man, I wanna see more pictures from AB~!

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 01:56 PM
I actually didn't see the Totoro! I think he was around when I was still in the hotel room working on Lulu. I was very upset I missed it when I saw pics ppl posted.

Yeah, there are always lots of Final Fantasy cosplayers. ^_^ Speaking as one of them, I think it's because there are so many ppl to choose from, and a lot of them have very cool outfits.

I was really happy to see the Chichiri that was there with the mask, cuz Chichiri just cracks me up, and it's not a costume I see cosplayed a lot.

TyJILDown
04-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Gah I missed half these cosplayers...so upset! I was happy to see someone doing Berserk and all the wonderful Hellsing cosplayers!

OnnanoOtaku
04-22-2003, 02:19 PM
I was mega-excited to see someone dressed up as a Team Magma agent from Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (the new games)! Wow! Great job to whoever did that ^_^ It's good to see people still like the games, and it's so recent! Yay!

Claireon
04-22-2003, 02:22 PM
There was a Kilik cosplayer? @_@ Ohhh man I wish I'd seen 'im... He woulda gotten such mad glompage from me... :D Pictures?

sevette
04-22-2003, 02:39 PM
there was a totoro cosplayer? aww, i can't believe i missed that. :\ too cute.

the one i was most excited to see were the dir en grey cosplayers- they were awesome! i only wish i'd gotten some pics. that one girl looked JUST like kyo. i loved seeing the guy dressed as kero-chan too, he was super cute. ^^ and that girl who made the pheonix costume was amazing.

no. 18, i remember you (not sure you remember me) - i was with the group who had that cardboard cutout of our friend that we had people signing. ^_^ were you the #18 who signed it?

eheh, i'm one of the guilty final fantasy cosplayers too. ^^; next year i think i'll do an actual anime costume. personally i couldn't believe how many inu yasha cosplayers were there. there was one around every corner!

SuboshiBoy
04-22-2003, 02:48 PM
I personally liked the Yui's WEEE both of them had awesome costumes and they both attacked me YAYE ^_^ But seeing the sophitia was awesome the guy who was Kero chan was wicked classic heheh as was Totoro you gotta love the big guys that play the fluffy cute characters

RX 03
04-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Nobody liked my costumes *sob*.... Anywho, the hellsing guys we're great!

lialia
04-22-2003, 03:17 PM
oh please you wona prize :P

lol its the matzo kid! thats was genious

dont feel gulity cosplyaing final fantasy

i was ffx-2 dark gunner yuna and no one knew what the hell i was ^.^*

EvilMoogleQueen
04-22-2003, 03:24 PM
looks like i missed a lot of these... *sigh*

I was happy to see 2 amons and another set of noir cosplayers including a chloe. I liked the ffx2 stuff. there was one paine walking around.

hikura
04-22-2003, 03:50 PM
I was happy to see any cosplayers dressed.I really liked number18's costume.I did see sesshomaru with the red contacts but i just ran out of film and was going up to my room to get more and i never did find that cosplayer again. :( .I abosutley loved everyone else costume.I am not to picky and very easily made happy.

JacksUsername
04-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by hikura
I was happy to see any cosplayers dressed.I really liked number18's costume.I did see sesshomaru with the red contacts but i just ran out of film and was going up to my room to get more and i never did find that cosplayer again. :( .I abosutley loved everyone else costume.I am not to picky and very easily made happy.

hm, same here...this was my first con and I was absolutely blown away by most of the costumes...*looks at some pictures and is still in awe*... I'm an Auron fan, so anyone who was in an Auron costume got extra points from me :P

TyJILDown
04-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Haha like 6 people knew who I was on Saturday and some people were puzzled with my Friday costume :X

F4shi0nabl3
04-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Your friday costume was awesome, lol, It took me a while to get it though.

tsukinohime
04-22-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes, the Totoro cosplayer was awesome! I had to take a picture with him XD Is he on this board?

number18
04-22-2003, 04:27 PM
sevette, when I signed the poor man's unattending girlfriend cut-out, he was all by himself and we were like walking and signing as we were heading into the dealer's room. That musta been me, though. "#18 misses you!" or something like that, right? :D

RX 03, what was very strange was that I did NOT see you around the con until after the masquerade. Awesome Naruto costume! Did you get pics with that Kakashi guy? <3

Yes there were mad Inu Yasha cosplayers...a lot of Hellsing ones, too, I think. I really liked a lot of the visual kei cosplayers, though I didn't know who any of them were. I'm just not familiar with the bands or the music. :(

I <3 the Berserk cosplay guy. Berserk is like my favorite series of all time, it seems to be, but I just can't quite imagine cosplaying anyone from it yet. I have yet to finish the last two volumes of the anime...and then once that's done, I plan on getting the manga. But yeah...I vaguely thought about cosplaying that woman person/demon who I guess is from God's Hand. Errr, I just don't have an obsession with her as I do with #18. Well, and I really really really am into Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers, but doing HER costume is always tricky and scandalous and I don't think I'd be ready for that anytime soon. Then again, who knows. I <3 demons. They all just dress s'damn skimpy!

ANYWAYS, I am all about seeing what Witch Hunter Robin is about now, having seen quite a few of those cosplayers wandering around. I want to find out more about the manga running in Shonen Jump now, though I think I'll have to find my own resources, at the rate Shonen Jump publishes. Stupid me never bothered to check out the video rooms...

and um, now I've totally gone off subject.
Was evil_neko (not kitty, right?) really that scandalous? =looks around for her=

lialia
04-22-2003, 04:29 PM
lets just say that evil neko has a huge group of fanboys over at the animeboston boards trying to persuade people into passing around her email addy

number18
04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
lol! That seems pretty uh...not good. I wonder what she thinks of it. Where is she, anyway?!?!?

RX 03
04-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by number18

RX 03, what was very strange was that I did NOT see you around the con until after the masquerade. Awesome Naruto costume! Did you get pics with that Kakashi guy? <3

No, but I did see him, and he got a picture of me if that counts... ^_^ Thanks for the comment.

RichAyanami
04-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Sevette, the Dir en Grey were great weren't they?? Maybe I should learn something from this ... I have yet to see a single male Kyo...

Which one was evil_neko? I get evil_neko and kitty_neko mixed up (gomen!) ...

But yeah, I also loved the dark Chii (I was the one who asked you about your choker^^), Lilli-sama, Kaede as Mana!, and the girl who was Marron from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, and so many more but I just can't recall right now because I'm still sick from the con XP

Mako-san
04-22-2003, 11:09 PM
mmm there was so many costumes, but the ones that really stand out was the pheonix, ah truely beautiful and the edea(she won an award) ah breathtaking!
This con was suppose to be a relaxing con, the costumes I brought were kinda obscure so I kinda knew no one would know who I was. I was the Asuka, terriost ninja from Real Bout and Lolita outfit ( I just love wearing it ^_^) and Friday night I had my EGA outfit ^_^ .
There were so many great costumes!! Kudos to everyone!!

PockyDarcy
04-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Some good costumes as I saw. The ones that stick out in my head were Tristin's Orihime YAY! and the whole sakura taisen group, and I loved the girl who dressed up as Mosquiton! Mo-chan!! I glomped her while I was in my mascot costume lol She was pretty surprised...hell even I was since I've never glomped a random cosplayer before! ^_~

Tribble
04-23-2003, 12:15 AM
The Gundam suit blew me away. For the first few seconds when i saw i thought i may have been some form of robot cause of the way it was walking :rolleyes: . That and the Austin Powers that presented him. After the Masquerade I was talking to the guy and he had the personality down perfectly, it was great, heh.

Lilli
04-23-2003, 06:36 AM
*squeeeek* Such a cute Lolita XD

(T_T I don't hate -ALL- green!! Just freakin seafoam neon green!! *sobs* )

ChibiRinoa
04-23-2003, 07:43 AM
i really liked all the Chii's ^.^ and i was really excited to see Lialia's Dark Gunner Yuna costume, because thats my favorite of all of the X-2 outifts. thank you Lialia!!!

um...i also liked seeing the Angel Santuary costumes, they were so beautiful, now i have to go find out more about that series, it sounds awesome.

i think i was most excited about seeing the Wakka, he was just great!!

F4shi0nabl3
04-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Evil_neko is probably hiding from insane fanboys.... and that is understandable, lol.

I dunno, it wasn't that scandelous, I mean, cosplayers have costumes that showed skin before. *shrug*
of course, they weren't 13, maybe? *shrug* I don't care personally, Kitty_ and Evil_ nekos were fun to hang out with ^^

Nikitsuki
04-23-2003, 09:01 AM
There was a guy who dressed up as Kojiro from Pokemon. He made my day because he had a 'glomp me' sign on his back. I think he only wore it on Friday though... He made me smile. ^^

Anime_kidd2k2
04-23-2003, 09:33 AM
waaaaa! nobody like meeee!!! *cries* ah, oh well. i was the chibi sano, if anyone did like me. well, i enjoyed all the inu-yashas. evry time i got a pic, when they walked away, i would yell SIT, BOY!!! ^__^ well, i liked that berserk cosplayer, he was cool. also, i loved the black wolfwood, hes a really cool guy, i IMed him recently, he's really nice. well, thats about it! oh, and i liked oshi's outfit, whoever he happened to be :P

Mako-san
04-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Lilli
*squeeeek* Such a cute Lolita XD

(T_T I don't hate -ALL- green!! Just freakin seafoam neon green!! *sobs* )

Ah thankies * super hugs* I agree with that seafoam neon green color ahh hideous.. When I saw this fabric I instantly knew, hay i can make this into a lolita!! I'm happy it turned out great and that you liked it!! ^_^ Thankies!! But your cosplay was sooo cute! I only wished I took more pics!!

number18
04-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Whoa somebody was Mosquiton? I've only seen like the first VHS tape of that series...dunno if it's on DVD or not, but it's a GREAT series. I must have totally not recognized him at ALL. :(

Saiban
04-23-2003, 01:43 PM
The Rock Howard girl was the best. :D

RichAyanami
04-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Mako-san
Ah thankies * super hugs* I agree with that seafoam neon green color ahh hideous.. When I saw this fabric I instantly knew, hay i can make this into a lolita!! I'm happy it turned out great and that you liked it!! ^_^ Thankies!! But your cosplay was sooo cute! I only wished I took more pics!!

Mako-san, were you the lolita in the gundam presentation? That was so cute! I wish I had a dress like that...... *grumble That's ok, I'll work on it for Otakon XD

Riveraria
04-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Mako-San you rocked in your lolita costume and it was so much fun performing with you ^_^

Mako-san
04-25-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by RichAyanami
Mako-san, were you the lolita in the gundam presentation? That was so cute! I wish I had a dress like that...... *grumble That's ok, I'll work on it for Otakon XD

ahh you should and i'll make another and we can take pics together ^_^V It will be so great!

Ah Riveraria!! Thank you soo much but you are much cuter in your Chidori costume!! I had so much fun performing with you!! Can't wait to do it again!!

AuronTakeo
04-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by lialia
oh please you wona prize :P

lol its the matzo kid! thats was genious

dont feel gulity cosplyaing final fantasy

i was ffx-2 dark gunner yuna and no one knew what the hell i was ^.^*

I knew who you where.... if you were on saturday i remember ya!
<<Auron

LadyUranus
04-27-2003, 02:36 PM
The Chichiri cosplayer was great.
There were so many wonderful costumes, I couldn't name them all. Everyone looked so wonderful!
The gundam was another highlight, of course.

LadyUranus