PDA

View Full Version : "Did you ever think bugs bunny was hot when he dressed up like a girl bunny?me ether"

DJ(SiC)ness
08-24-2002, 03:01 AM
Being an anime fan i get this question alot from older people who know very little about anime." So you watch it because of them big brested cartoon women with HUGE eyes."...a teenager shouldn't have to answers that question. Than they think your a perv if you draw a anime female character from you fav anime. "Why must you give her such huge boobs?" They ask. "than you want to say something just to piss them off but you don't because there your grandparents or aunt and uncle or someone. But come on ! I went to a skateboard camp in Woodward, PA (any skaters out there you know what im talking about. Also, i don't skate anymore.Im a full time OTAKU!) and after bring up something, i think it was sailor moon. Everyone in my cabin started confessing there love for hentai. My counsler was all like "man those sailor scouts are fine" I couldn't help but laugh. Dose anyone out there have a story about non anime fans thinking your some kinda of perv because most anime women have big boobs (except Misty from poke'mon...but who cares she kicks ass! STARMIE GO! bitchin):cool:

It may just be my screwed up italian family. But ya never know. Im just curious and bored. And I was thinking of "Wayne's World" and when Garth asked the bugs bunny question to Wayne. I wanted to use it as a topic name, so i acually had to come up with a topic. And sadly this was the best one i could come up with.

~DJ

Quies
08-25-2002, 06:16 PM
lol. uh, ya. people tend to think of you strange when you watch anime. whenever my mom pics up one of my manga to look at it i hate it because i really don't know howshe'll react to some of the stuff. i'm going to love to see what she'll think of cosplaying...much less crossplaying. my dad too.

engrish
08-26-2002, 11:57 AM
My parents can't understand why an "adult" like myself would watch "cartoons". I gave up trying to explain it. As for finding female cartoon characters attractive, I used to have a crush for Rainbow Brite way back in the days when Ronald Regan was president.

KuroBara
08-27-2002, 12:29 AM
>_< Ok, did anyone watch Madonna's concert on HBO last summer? I was watching with my mom, and I thought it was really cool how she showed a quick montage of anime clips during a costume change. I blurted out without thinking "Oh, I recognize that movie" as a clip of "Perfect Blue" went by. Then, it descended into full-on naked-chicks-hentai. My mom just turned to me and said "You like this stuff?!?" with the worst expression on her face.

No one in my family liked anime at all, but since then it's just been worse.

Shadow Lady
08-27-2002, 01:05 AM
My parents find it an interesting hobby. My dad likes to make fun of some of the shows I watch like Dragonball Z. He would walk in a say "I see your watching Dragonbutt again." or "Oh no its that anime stuff again."
He did admit that he likes Princess Mononoke and so did my Mom.
I also remember my Mom saying that she liked The Big O a little bit after she saw an episode about a year ago.

My younger brother likes to watch anime with me sometimes. He said that his favorites are Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Haunted Junction.

It's nice that somebody on my house does.

Mikagami
08-27-2002, 12:30 PM
I don't think any non-anime fansI know have given me the strange "you're some kind of sick, twisted pervert" treatment, but they do think of me as kinda weird for liking anime (tch, like some of them can talk). Back when I was in HS, I tried to introduce some of my friends to anime, but they didn't take it too well as they though it was "kiddy cartoon crap." And they say this during the A-ko/B-ko fight in Project A-ko. Fiends. Lord knows what they would have thought had I showed them Sailor Moon. Those people are not my friends any more, unfortunately (not because they're anime fans, but because of other reasons).

My parents are pretty cool with it though...although I did get a few weird looks from them when I bought that Goldenboy DVD. ^_^;;;;;