PDA

View Full Version : Anyone participating in the Artist's Alley?

bamboocactus
05-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Heya, just wondering who else out there plans on selling their wares and goods at the Artist's Alley at this year's AMA. I'll have some items up for grabs at my friend Dustbunny's table. Anyone else? ^_^

Lumasnati
05-19-2007, 05:40 AM
I have a friend, Minimew, who will be there in the Artist Alley. ^^;;

kaligoddess
05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I'll be there with some of my cosplay parasols and I'll be taking orders for shipping. I wish I could bring more stock, but they want to cut down on non-traditional media.

bamboocactus
05-19-2007, 07:43 PM
I'll be there with some of my cosplay parasols and I'll be taking orders for shipping. I wish I could bring more stock, but they want to cut down on non-traditional media.

Really? What are they saying about that? I'm selling some prints, yeah, but also some other goodies that wouldn't count as "traditional"...

kaligoddess
05-20-2007, 08:14 PM
GUIDELINES:
You all should know by now about that the GRCC's desire to limit artists to traditional commissioned artwork (comics, paper artwork, badges, paintings, sketches, posters, etc.). A few t-shirts and fabric items should be fine. They don't want huge displays with racks of merchandise. Just be aware that the GRCC could ask that certain items be removed or not for sell in the alley.

That's in the e-mail they sent out to artists. A few pieces are okay.

Kaoshima
05-21-2007, 04:24 PM
My friend Danny Hyunh is gonna have an Artist Table! He's an amazing artist so I hope you can take a little time out of your day to check his work out! I'm nowhere near good enough to sell any of my art though. ;.;

The GRCC hates anime. -_- plain and simple, that's why they never bothered to restart the escalators last year (expensive technician my ass!), and that's why they're being retarded about "traditional and non-traditional media". they'll probably just ban everything in the alley simply because anime is "non-traditional"! </rant>

bamboocactus
05-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Are you serious? That's bollocks. I can't stand people like that.

DDR Faery Spice
05-21-2007, 11:22 PM
The GRCC hates anime. -_- plain and simple, that's why they never bothered to restart the escalators last year (expensive technician my ass!)

Is that the excuse they gave other people? I was working for security and they kept feeding us some b.s. about timers and not having a way to keep them running. >_<

I've got a few friends getting a table in the artist alley selling "fabric goods" as they call them--fleece character scarves and knitted paraphernalia inspired by anime--if all goes well. If they make it, you should check out their stuff! (I got an Ichigo "Angry Strawberry" scarf from them for Christmas, and it's hilarious.)

bamboocactus
05-22-2007, 12:07 AM
kali: Were you selling those parasols sometime around ota 06? I remember seeing some and thinking, "cool!" ^^

Kaoshima
05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Is that the excuse they gave other people? I was working for security and they kept feeding us some b.s. about timers and not having a way to keep them running. >_< I might've heard about that too... But what I distinctly remember was that they said that whenever the escalators stopped, they had to call in some technician to push a button and appartantly, that would cost the GRCC too much money. My immediate mental (not verbal however, I kept it in) was "Bullsh**!" Show me the where the button is and I'll f***in' push it for free!!" >:O I think they were just lazy and biased.

bamboocactus
05-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Eh, I don't see what the big deal was. They just turned into stairs, is all. Heck. that's probably safer for cosplayers with dangly bits and trains and such. Besides, conOps was pretty disorganised last year so everyone probably heard something different.

Kaoshima
05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
That is entirely possible... Things were kind crazy last year, being the first year in the GRCC... Things will most likely (and hopefully) run more smoothly this year.

bamboocactus
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Ahh THAT'S why. I didn't know it was their first year there. Well hopefully they'll grow into it a little more this year ^^;

Kaoshima
05-23-2007, 03:26 PM
o_O you didn't know that?

bamboocactus
05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
No, last year was my first AMA. >_>;

kaligoddess
05-24-2007, 12:19 AM
kali: Were you selling those parasols sometime around ota 06? I remember seeing some and thinking, "cool!" ^^

Yup, that was moi. They're by far my biggest money-makers so they'll be around for awhle.

bamboocactus
05-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Cool! It's a great idea; I actually was thinking about you (though I didn't know it was you at the time) when I was making my friend's Setsuka umbrella-sword prop; what with painting the umbrella, and all. :D

dustbunny
05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
:huggles:
i miss the justin~
XD

i hope u have ur art and stuff ready for me. we sadly will only beable to put up like 3 goggles at a time on the table or else they might not let us sell them. we have to do the same with robins stuff.

bamboocactus
05-26-2007, 09:58 AM
aw i miss you too! i hope you had fun in japan :D

that's fine, though. I'm going to make severals different styles, but i'll just put them on a little poster board display so people can ask for them. AMA is being weird for AA :-/

oh yeah i also have prints if you want me to run some of those off.

li_izumi
06-04-2007, 08:44 AM
*waves* My friend and I will be in the artist alley as well. Showing off our comic (Comiku Girls (http://www.comiku.com/index.html), selling some traditional brushpaintings prints, sad chibi's, and some other prints and comissions. It's our first AMA so we're both pretty excited.

SunDemyxCloud55
06-06-2007, 08:06 AM
What is a sad Chibi?? O_o

bamboocactus
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
What is a sad Chibi?? O_o

I'm assuming something really cute and really pathetic at the same time

li_izumi
06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Sad Chibis (http://www.comiku.com/sales.html) (Just scroll down to the bottom of the page)

bamboocactus
06-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh my god those are so depressing XD

I really like your mountain brush paintings, though! You're better at that than I am, then again I only ever really practised painting bamboo :D I'd love to buy one or two when I see your table; I just moved into a new apartment and it has too much empty wallspace :)

Ruse
06-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I wont have a table this year (did once back when it was free). But I'll have some things in the art show and up for acution. Ever see the little metal cut-outs?, those are mine. =^.^=

kyocs
06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
i will be in artist alley too, if there's still table avalable i will have my own, otherwise i am sharing with a friend cya all there : D

li_izumi
06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh my god those are so depressing XD

I really like your mountain brush paintings, though! You're better at that than I am, then again I only ever really practised painting bamboo :D I'd love to buy one or two when I see your table; I just moved into a new apartment and it has too much empty wallspace :)

Aren't they though? The Wolfwood one started it all, and before I knew it, I had a series of the adorably sad little fellows.

As for the brushpainting, Akiko has taken a few classes and has certainly practiced a fair bit. She's going to be running a brushpainting panel this weekend (i believe it's friday at 3pm).

And of course, we highly encourage filling the walls of new apartments with our brushpainting prints :).

bamboocactus
06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Awesome! Maybe you guys would like to stop by my friend's and my table and pick up some of my goggles or prints? :)