PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts...good god! hell has frozen over

DJ(SiC)ness
08-24-2002, 03:06 AM
I have really mixed emotions about this game. A long time FF fan and a long time Disney hater (ever since i was scared of the people in costumes at disneyland when i was 4. DAMN YOU CHIP n' DALE! DAMN YOU!) um anyways.

I just don't get it, i mean what the hell. I know that disney owns 97% of the world but they have finaly gotten to Square. Maybe after the FF movie bombed square needed something to regen the 130 million dollars they lost. But i thought FFX saved them? But remember right before the FF movie came out square anounched they where going to remake FF 7-9 on PS2 but after the movie bombed they scraped the project. Im thinking they just decied to still give us what we wanted. the come back of some of the best FF characters ever (CLOUD!!!) but yet no Vincent or Sephiroth. I can live with just cloud. Also clouds new get up adds a cool mysterious edge to him. And im sad to say im such a huge FF7 nut that i will even use my own money to buy this game just for the very fact that Cloud is in it. I know I know, what about Yuffie, Cid, and Aeries. I care for them all the same. But Cloud just looks so much damn cooler than them.

I want to know what you people think about the come back of some great characters, the teaming up of Disney and FF , or just the game in general.

I don't like the idea at all, but hey its better than nothing.

~DJ

Haruka
08-24-2002, 10:45 AM
i dont think you should sell the game short yet ^_^ you havent even played it. yeah, Disney is in it, but disney has made some great cartoons and very high quality animation (plus some grade A voice acting).
I think you should give it a chance before you knock it down, there are 2 very large and very creative businesses behind this project, and im sure that they are going to do a great job! yeah sure it has Goofy and Doneld Duck as some of its characters...but thats just a part of American culture. And also, if you havent heard, there is going to a Nightmare Before Christmas land. That is definatly NOT Disney (Tim Berton is a straaaange man)

Plus, ive heard some great reviews for it ^_^

Tenshi
08-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good stuff about the game. I can't wait for September 17th! Squall and Wakka are in it, so I'm happy! (I'd be happier if Locke was in it, but. . .meh :P) Now I just have to finish FFX before that time so I'm not playing two games at once ^^;;.

But why do I think it's going to be good? This is seriously one of the most whacked-out ideas for a video game I've ever seen. I like that. I'm not a MODERN Disney fan, but I love the old stuff. Especially Donald Duck ^_^. And I'm happy that Mickey and the gang are given bigger parts than movie characters.

But I wish we could have a Japanese track. Maaya Sakamoto is the voice of Aeris in Japan -- but we get stinkin' Mandy Moore ~~;;.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-24-2002, 12:16 PM
What's wrong with Chip 'n Dale?!? They're my favorite disney characters.:crylaugh:

Acually, I'm kinda looking forward to playing the game... ^^
*shivers* Yea, that Mandy Moore thing is...er... *not a fan of Mandy Moore* @.@

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 12:51 PM
That was basically my reaction when I first heard of the game. I thought it was a joke, I couldn't believe it. But then when I found out about the redesigns of the characters, and saw some graphics, I got over my strong dislike for Disney. I should say, I don't have something against Disney, exactly; but I do have something against the way they've been doing things . . . well, that's a long rant about the animation industry in the US that I won't go into. I was upset about Cloud being all villian-y (I adore Cloud), but then when I thought about what a cool cosplay it would make, I got over that too. lol.

Basically, I know I'm going to buy it. The Disney thing bugs me a bit; but I'll deal to get to the Square stuff. I'm not sure what might happen if the rumors that Disney has a deal to do a movie/series/something with the KH-specific characters are true . . .

I am deeply scared by the dub voices. I'd rather play the raw version. But, err, my Japanese skills . . . X.x

Neko Cathy
08-24-2002, 01:30 PM
Before I go on, I would like to proudly prolaim this: SONY IS MY MASTER!!!! Therefore, I am proud to be Sony's and Squaresoft's slave who buys endless games, crap and cosplays as their own characters. Ever since I got a PS2 a year ago and said "Screw you Nintendo! You ripped me off besides the zelda game!".. I've become a Final Fantasy/RPG addict.

DJ(SiC)ness, I am completely on your side. Disney so sucks and so does Disney Word except for Epcot and MGM (world showcases and talking to the norwegian workers in norwegian... good times =) Yes, I speak a bit of Norse.). The only cool thing about Disney was Lilo and Stictch, Robin Hood (the furries rule), Aladdin and the Lion King. That was cool, but the rest of the movies? ACK!

Final Fantasy VII rules and is the best fricken FF game I've played. Very pretty Bishonens most of them are...! The Turks rule! Best damn orginization in FF besides SeeD. Oh yea, Cloud Strife's pokey ass is mine so watch it! And I'm still not over the fact hooked up with a cloud strife cosplayer and glomped every single cloud strife cosplayer at Otakon. I was like a very happy little girl in a candy store when I was hugging all those guys tightly... it was 5 seconds of love. But since I'm going as Lucrecia for Katsucon, and maybe next year's Otakon... I'll just find a hook up with a Vinny :)

Oh yea.. Cloud Strife is one of the best protagonists in ff in my opinion. I've only played 7, 8 and 10... Tidus is too whiney like Rinoa. Squall... he's gorgeous but his attitude really gets on my nerves and he doesn't want to have a damn thing about other people (even though that changes, but first impressions count and stick to you). I hear that Zidane is immature, but he's a bit more humorous to adjust to. As for Cloud... I don't know if this best describes him, but he's a bit more down to earth towards people, doesn't tell people to go piss off and doesn't bring up his crap and problems unless asked too. Then again, he's been having a false identiy and been a fake, but even when he's back to his normal self, he's still pretty cool.

Ok, back to business. I am also starting to have mixed feelings about the game myself, but I've been hearing that it was one of the most played and favored games in Japan. I hate Disney myself, I hate them with a passion because they're so corruptive and I have a thing about corruptive people... however, w/ ff being in it, it makes me very curious. I'm also curious about a couple of ff chracters in it such as Aerith and best of all... CID HIGHWIND! You all know how he cusses like a Sailor and with disney chracters in it... it might be either amusing or disappointing to see if Cid's behavior changes or not. ut the #1 thing that will make me buy it is hearing Cloud's voice. Plus he looks tight as anything... a fusion of Vincent and Sephiroth and the guy who was Angel in Buffy is doing his voice! Eeeeee! :D

I'm also very curious who's doing Aerith's (or rather Aeris since it's will be americanized) english voice and what would be her role in the game. I am also an Aeris fan and Aeris owns everyone's ass in FF. The protagonist voice is by the boy from the Sixth Sense movie... that would be interesting because that boy can at least act than that Anakin Skywalker kid.

Well... I guess that's all I have to say for now.

DJ(SiC)ness
08-24-2002, 02:03 PM
I agree with you Neko all the way. FF 7 was the best in my book. I hated 8 with a passion, the game was waaaaay to easy and the plot changed every 5 secounds. I like 9 alot, but i haven't had a chance to finish it. And OH GOD HOW I HATE TIDUS. I try and i try but i can't stand him. I bought FFX right when it came out, but because i couldn't take his whinning i stoped playing it untill about a week ago. But let me tell you FFX gets a hell of alot better and Tidus's voice get drowned in the sheer awsomeness of the game. The story line is awsome, it has the best fighting system yet, and the ability to customize your characters! I've made Yuna soo bad ass.:thumbsup:

But yeah the whole FF7 come back is making me very happy. We just need a new game. It ended crapy. They need to make sequel. Hey there doing it with FFX , why not do it with FF7.

~DJ

HazelAsher
08-24-2002, 03:19 PM
I personally am looking forward to this game, although being a big fan of FF8, I didn't really like Squalls voice for either the Japanese or English version...O_o. It looks like fun, none the less, since it's an Action RPG, isn't it? :D

As for Cloud and all that...I think his look is cool but I'm not too big of a FF7 fan...because Sephiroth was too easy. ;__; I'm sowwie, but I love the way it took me two hours of pure adrenaline to beat Ultimecia. XD And I'm also a Rinoa fan..XD But anyways, yeah...the game looks like fun. ^_^

As for DJ's statement about FF8 being too easy...O_o;. The card game wasn't ;__;. Neither was fighting a Marlboro or a T-Rexaur without Doomtrain (and Doomtrain didn't even work on the Marlboro...>.<!). But anywho, like I said, I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts (the only REAL beef I have with Disney is the way they keep coming out with 2nd parters to all the classis, like the Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, etc. etc.).

Pollyanna
08-24-2002, 03:54 PM
I recently won the Japanese Kingdom Hearts and it...was really a great experience. Sure, it's a LITTLE weird at first, but that passes pretty quickly. Before I knew it, I was saying "Which place is next!?" I would hate for someone to miss out on it because they don't like Disney. Of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who played the Japanese one, and perhaps my biggest enjoyment was hearing all of the Japanese voices for the Disney characters. I think the game would have lost a lot of charm for me if I had played it in English.
Regardless, I don't like Disney films too much, and I loved the game. If you like Disney even a little bit, I can't recommend it highly enough. Of course, I have a lot of gripes with the game as well, but none of them have anything to do with Disney or Disney characters...just poor gameplay decisions.
I...really dunno what else to say, and I don't want to sound too cocky, but if anyone has any questions at all about the game (excluding info on the American release) I can probably answer it.

Ayaka
08-24-2002, 05:09 PM
*string of shocked expletives self-censored* Did you just say that David Boreanaz (did I spell that right?) is doing Cloud's voice? Oo oO OO;;;;;;
I can't decide if I find that somewhat neat or if it scares the heck out of me. Angel = Cloud? *has seizure* Well . . . he doesn't sound miscast, just thinking about it, but . . . I still think it's really weird.

Neko Cathy
08-25-2002, 12:37 AM
Yes Ayaka, I'm positive that David "what's his name" (sorry, I'm not a huge Buffy fan anymore!) is doing the english voice of Clooud Strife. IGN.com has stated it and so has a couple of videogame magazine articles.

Squall's voice is not going to be very impresive though. Sean Austin is doing his voice and if I'm correct from what I've looked up on Google, he was Sam the Hobbit from the actual, recent LoTRs movie.

FF8? Quite frankly I thought that it was more of a challenge compared to FF7 and I have yet to finish it. What pissed me off about FF8 was the use of the GF's and if they're not "compatible" with your characters, it takes a long time for them to be summoned and do something. The fact that they shield your characters is great, but I would rather kill the monsters and bosses right away and move on. While in FF7, you summon the guys and bam, they come. Also the way how magic is organized and used makes a lot more sense than fiddling with it in FF8 and finding out "Opps! I got too much magic and I can't draw more!". The MP system is a lot more organized and so is mixing around and upgrading Materia. I also like the "All" materia of how you cast magic on your entire party or on enemies.

As for character development and plot, it wasn't that bad but it could have been better. Squall was severely messed up which wasn't all his fault, but GOD... Rinoa!!! She needs to take dosages of Midol or PMS pills everyday to stop whinning and **tching! At least her whinning level wasn't that bad compared to Tidus' Jock crap. What really annoyed me was that Squall and Rinoa were a cute couple even though they had prolems. It was cute and annoying at the same time. Zell and Selphie were great, and I appualded Quistes for smacking sense into Squall because that boy deserved it. Irvine was just too funny as anything, Laguna was a pansey even though he had the coolest battle music, Seifer was a jerk but hot at the same time... but Fuujin is the itch in "**tch". She knows how to treat her Bishonens :p. Another thing to add... Moombas are the cutest darn things! I love them :)

In my opinion, FF10 was the most easiest FF game and it was so disappointing. Most of the character development sucked, but I had a lot of respect for Auron. Not to mention that I noticed that some of the characters' outfits in the game were a little too... revealing? Dona the summoner who was competiting against Yuna to summon the Final Aeon looked like a fricken tease for god sake. Walking around with a thong way up he butt and SHOWING when she turned her back! I mean... Jesus christ! It's ok if Shiva gets away with it because she's more like a Goddess, but you should know what I mean. And other unimportant charaters around the Zanarkand blitzball stadium were wearing more revealing clothing which made me think of what the heck were these people thinking when it came to fashion... and perhaps an increase of rape crimes?! And as for Lulu, her character and personality were great, but her boobs look like that they were going to pop out of her dress at every second. Even Tifa Lockhart had the decently to wear a cut off tank top that didn't have a low neck line and even wore suspenders to prevent her top from flying up. I mean, come on!

However, I give props to being able to modify and personalize your characters and going back Luca and listen to the soundtrack and watch the Cinemas whenever you wanted. The ending was great and if you thought Aeris' death was depressing, you'll think twice when you see the ending. However, I have seen both the American and Japanese version of the ending and the American version is a bit more serious sadder in my opinion. Here's one reason why:
*SPOILER* If you are a 'shipper and saw in the American version how Yuna says to Tidus "I love you"... in the Japanese version, she doesn't admit that she loves Tidus and in replacement of the romantic phrase, she says "Aragato" (Thank you) instead.

But anyway, that's pretty much of what I have to say about Final Fantasy. I'm done for the night

::yawns and curls underneath a bed::

Oshi
08-25-2002, 01:29 AM
Disney... shit... Three words...

DDR Disney's Rave

But, yeah. I love Disney, so sue me. I love Final Fantasy. I'm getting a PS2 for three games only... FFX, DDRMAX, and this, Kingdom Hearts...
You can tell it's 2:30 in the morning, since I'm not typing too intelligently...

DJ(SiC)ness
08-25-2002, 02:18 AM
I agree X was really easy. But i just couldn't stand the plot in FF8(if there even was one) . I mean first you think Edea is the villian than you find out shes not way to late in the game, than the whole orphange thing. And the switching between Squall and Laguna. I couldn't pin point what was going on. 7s plot was messed up to and if you didn't do some side quests you would miss some pretty big points in the plot. But 8 was really easy to level up. All my characters and GFs where level 100 before the end of the 3rd disc. THe one thing that i think was more annouying than dificult was the many many random battles. Remmember the deep sea research center. It never seems to end and within every 2 feet you have to fight a ruby dragon. And the reward isn't that great.
And omg Triple Triad was awsome, i acually played it in reall life. But it was easy too.

Ayaka
08-25-2002, 02:41 AM
Neko Cathy - Eh, I'm not a huge Buffy fan either. I honestly (ashamed to admit it but hey) pretty much watch because of Spike/James Marsters. What can I say. Sean Astin as Squall? I don't have anything against the guy but I do think that the voice casting people were on Crack with a capital C.

I'm pretty biased against FF8, absolutely purely because I CANNOT PLAY TRIPLE TRIAD TO SAVE MY LIFE. I don't know what my problem is. But it drove me insane. I had friends telling me how easy it was, and I still couldn't get it. Guess I'll have to replay the game.

Nietsche
08-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Disney aren't bad! I think I might like Kingdom Hearts!

And yup David Boreanaz has been confirmed as the voice of Cloud and yup Sean Astin (how can anyone forget his role in the Goonies?) is the voice of Squall...that kid from AI as Sora too and that kid off of Seventh Heaven (I watched it maybe twice while i was in the US) as Riku....
and from what i hear some of the other stars are reprising their disney alteregos...so I'll be looking forward to hearing Robin Williams, Matthew Broderick, Danny Devito, Eddie Murphy, James Woods....ummm.....that's all I can remember offhand...

Oshi
08-25-2002, 01:19 PM
....Oohhhhh... an allstar voice cast... @_@
Now there's no way I'm not getting it... Heheh.

Adella
08-25-2002, 08:00 PM
I'm going to get it just out of mere curiosity on the story between Cloud and Aeris. I pray there is no romance involved.. it would like... make me go EEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!! CLOUD + AERIS = *puke*

Neko Cathy
08-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately Aeris, I've been hearing "rumors" that her character AND Yuffie get with Squall instead of Cloud Strife. I was hoping for the same thing too =(

Cloud Strife is Hot. The end.

Pollyanna
08-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Squall -works- with Yufi and Aerith, but no romance...and Aerith doesn't even come in contact with Cloud until the ending...and it's not romantic...but it's really cuuuuute.

Michi
08-26-2002, 01:54 AM
Durr o_O I wanna play if just to see how it all ties together. I'd rather the Japanese version... I'll take Sakamoto Maaya over Mandy Moore any day.. x.x

Studmaster
08-26-2002, 02:13 AM
Wait a minute...Mandy Moore is going to be Aeris?!?

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 09:35 AM
> I'm pretty biased against FF8, absolutely purely because I CANNOT PLAY TRIPLE TRIAD TO SAVE MY LIFE.

I am too, but because after a while of playing Squall I was afraid he would rub off on me. >_<;;;; I never saw such a cast of characters, I truly wanted them all dead after a few hours of gameplay... there is honestly nothing enjoyable about playing a prick. Cloud was rather silent at the beginning, but he was never nasty or snarly, you could see there was more to him.

In my case, characters make or break the game, I can appreciate even a so-so game if you make me care about the characters (see: Chrono Cross). Which is what scares me a little with Kingdom Hearts, not because I don't like Disney (because I do), but because I like my RPGs serious (which I can't see happening with Donald Duck around) and the characters I see coming back from Square games are really not the ones I wanted to see.

Where are Celes and Kain? Sephiroth? Rydia? Locke?

And why does Cloud look like he fused with Vincent? >__<

(I will give Squall the fact that he looks MUCH better now... since he looks more like Laguna. LOL)

HuongStar
08-26-2002, 10:30 AM
I think it's a fabulous marketing ploy on both Disney's and Square's part. They are exposing RPGs to the uninitiated gamer and bringing in the "younger" dollar which Square so badly needs right now. Disney is looking to up their hip quotient and keeping Hikki for opening theme song looks to be a smart move on their part.

I think a lot of gamers and otaku will try to avoid this game because it's "cool" to proclaim your digust for Disney but *I* will be looking forward to this release date. It'll be a nice departure from the grandiose and frankly stale RPG games that have been coming out as of late.

Celine
08-26-2002, 10:37 AM
This is just a question, but only characters from FF7, 8, and 10 appear, right? I guess I can understand why the older FFs weren't included, since they are old and from the time before FF reached amazing popularity. But where is FF9???? It seems like a major oversight to not include the second most recent game! Yes, I'm biased because it's the only one of those four that I liked. ^^

As for the voice acting, I've heard it is fine. I'm not really worried about who is voicing the characters because most games have terrible acting! The fact that these two companies have a lot of money to spend on voice talent is promising. Just because they are using teen stars doesn't mean that they will necessarily be any worse than the usual crap voice acting we've heard before. I'll wait to hear them for myself before I judge the voice actors.

HuongStar
08-26-2002, 10:40 AM
Well, Kairi sort of resembles Garnet....but that's reaching. ^_^;;;

Tenshi
08-26-2002, 10:47 AM
It seems like only characters designed by Nomura and not Amano are included in this game >.<. I don't know if that's the REASON other characters are not included, but I can't think of a better one. And I heard Sephiroth is in the NA version only (that's one change from the Japanese version I'm eager to have ^_^).

Pollyanna
08-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Yep! Just Nomura characters were used, since he was the artist and director (he did a great job, the direction is excellent).
ANnnndd...Cloud looks "evil" because he....err...well, (without any details from me) works for Hades.

DJ(SiC)ness
08-26-2002, 03:52 PM
YEP TENSHI IS RIGHT SEPHIROTH IS GOING TO BE IN TH US VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD!!!!!

IM NOW BUYING IT WITH OUT A DOUBT!!!!!!!!!

DJ(SiC)ness
08-26-2002, 04:05 PM
YEP TENSHI IS RIGHT SEPHIROTH IS GOING TO BE IN TH US VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD!!!!!

IM NOW BUYING IT WITH OUT A DOUBT!!!!!!!!!

KuroBara
08-26-2002, 11:18 PM
Ok, so I'm a bit lazy and just skimmed all of the replies. Has anyone pointed out yet that Square initiated the project, not Disney? I just read an article about it in Disney magazine. (Which also gave 3/4 of a page to a "Spirited Away" preview)

I don't see why liking anime means hating Disney, which so many otaku claim. I always loved their movies. But, since their storylines are geared towards children, I moved on to animation with storylines that appeal to me more now.

I'm actually considering buying a PS2 just for this game. The visuals look great, the character designs rock, as always for Square, and it looks like a cute story.
</rant>

Adella
08-26-2002, 11:27 PM
Someone tell me what happens with Aeris(th) and Cloud!! ::screams!!!!!!!!:: ;___; no romance? yay!!

Shadow Lady
08-26-2002, 11:46 PM
It may seem a bit wierd to see Disney Characters in a game by Squaresoft here in America but just keep in mind that American animation is pretty popular in Japan.

I've seen the trailer and read some good reviews for the game. I really want to play it dispite the fact that I'm not much of a Disney fan. I really want to see the level for Nightmare Before Christmas (one of my favorite movies ^_^).

The game looks great visually and Square always makes great games. This one is going to be a part of my game collection once I can save up enough money to get a PS2.

Adella
08-27-2002, 12:15 AM
same with me.

Kenshin Ken
08-27-2002, 12:46 AM
Welp, I gotta put my two bits in.

I went to the Demo at the SOny Metreon for Kingdom of Hearts. So far the cast of al the voice actors seem to be off of 7th Heaven, the only name I find familiar is David Gallaiger. THe voice acting.. from what I was exposed to.. seemed okay.

I met up with Nomura on a few occasions... call me dumb.. but at first I didn't knoww WHAT everyone was squealing about until they pointed out I was standing next ot the guy ^^; he seemed prettyu cool, I got him to sign a photo and all. I realyl wish my japanese was more...better at the time ^^;;

I've tested out the game itself... sure the blend of disney and Squaresoft is odd... heck even the main character Sora looks sortal ike Mickey Mouse ^^;; ( note the shoes) and the fact that he fights with a gigantic Key. ( I really dunno why they call it a keyBLADE.. there's no blade on the thing! ).

Teh FF chracters displayed are all pretty cute and nicely rendered. Squall looks pretty badass, Areis looks nice as usual.. and Seperioth looks as bishy enoguh to swoon the girls..many times ^^;; all the other characters are kiddie-sized and look rather extremely cute.

The fighting system isn't tunr based. .but full out real time.. there's mroe freedom of movment durign the fights, thus basically you can cast slepps.. run around and whack groups or hordes of enimies with your weapons. The gameplay can get kidna addictive... yes you heard it.. it can get kidna addictive.. it's soemthing you'd wanna try for yourself... but ocne you get to trying it.. you might actualyl liek it... if not for the disney characters.. maybe jsut for the plain fun and nostalgia of it all.

Ayaka
08-27-2002, 06:33 AM
So, the battle system is more similar to Grandia II's then? That's what it sounds like . . .

Oshi
08-27-2002, 08:44 AM
It sounds more like... well... eh, nothing comes to mind. But no, Grandia II was turn based.
It sounds a bit more like... OH! Legend of Zelda style fighting.

Pollyanna
08-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Aeris
Someone tell me what happens with Aeris(th) and Cloud!! ::screams!!!!!!!!:: ;___; no romance? yay!!

OK, but this is a SPOILER...or...well, not a major one, but I don't think anyone should read this unless they want it ruined.
Anyway, Cloud works for Hades, implying that he sold his soul to him for one reason or another. I'm not sure how this will be tackled in the American version...and they didn't -say- it in the Japanese one, but I've heard people say that he did so to bring Aerith back to life. (which doesn't really make any sense, since the plot for the characters in KH is much different)
Anyway, during the ending, there's a scene where I think...it was Cid (but I'm not sure) brings Cloud into the room that Squall's group (Aerith and Yufi) is based out of in Traverse Town. Aerith smiles like she's happy to see him, but the scene is sort of awkward, and Cloud seems really embarrassed. I guess I can't describe it too well, since it was very short and subtle...and didn't have any dialogue, but it's really cute. I don't even like Cloud and it was really cute. His Japanese voice actor is excellent, too. I hope the American one can do as well, though I doubt it.

Kenshin Ken
08-27-2002, 04:27 PM
Actually the fighting system is like the N64 Zelda..except it's much more easier to control..and a whole mess more wilder ^^;;

DJ(SiC)ness
08-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Ok if anyone has pics or info of sephiroth ( sephiroths name echos when said) in his new Kingdom hearts attire, plz show ME!

What dose the best villian ever look like after a long awaited come back!

Oshi
08-29-2002, 07:35 PM
*One Winged Angel starts playing*
...awww yeah.

Shadow Lady
08-31-2002, 12:57 AM
Sephiroth!

Now I really have to get the game!

Mei Lan Chang
08-31-2002, 03:52 PM
Squall...Aeris....AND....Yuffie? -mindless sputter-...

DJ(SiC)ness
08-31-2002, 08:55 PM
Im just wondering what sephiroths roll in the game is. I mean all the villians are Disney except the heartless. Maybe he's there to show them what evil is really all about.

*VOTE SEPHIROTH FOR PRESIDENT 2005*

Pollyanna
09-01-2002, 12:54 AM
Well, I think Sephiroth is just extra...he has nothing to do with the plot, since he wasn't even in the Japanese one...BUT...there is a non-heartless and non-Disney villain. Well, I mean...he's the leader of the heartless, but he's a pretty typical Square-styled villain.

Aoshi Shinomori
09-01-2002, 02:50 AM
I did a cosplay of KH Tidus.. man.. he doesnt wear much..

Neko Cathy
09-01-2002, 08:28 AM
Yea, the idea Sephiroth maybe cool, but I was not too happy that his english voice actor is Lance from N'SYNC. Sorry to all the boy band groupies, I really dislike boy bands. I can even see the Yaoi fan fictions rising up about KH on Fanfiction.net (but anyway, Sephiroth was already seen in most Yaoi FF7 fan fictions, so that doesn't help either) >_<

Ohh, but I am really curious about the screenshots of him. I've seen a couple of clips off the game and Cloud's american voice..... very hot ^__^v. People keep queing me when I try to download Aeris', Squall's and Yuffie's english voice apperance (but I do have squall's and Yuffie's japanese voices... they're both good)! grr!

DJ(SiC)ness
09-03-2002, 10:19 PM
lance bass isn't doing sephs voice

Adella
09-03-2002, 10:42 PM
where did you all find out that Sephiroth was going to be in this and that LANCE BASS is the VA? WHY THE HELL ARE THEY USING ALL THESE STUPID POP STARS!!!!! AERIS IS MANDY MOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! a;dlkjfaljfalsjfd ::swear::

DJ(SiC)ness
09-03-2002, 11:35 PM
Sephiroth is only going to be in the US version, well thats until the directors cut comes out in japan. i read all of this on the kingdom hearts offical site. And the reason there using al the pop stars is becuase disney owns there record labels.

Tenshi
09-03-2002, 11:50 PM
Ooh I downloaded a clip of the Japanese version with Squall (Leon). . .::drool:: his voice is perfect!

Yuna
09-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Sephie on request from Aeris~

Yuna
09-04-2002, 01:46 AM
And another~

Neko Cathy
09-04-2002, 03:01 PM
Ok then DJ, which character is Lance voice acting for? So far, there's much talk about Sephiroth being in the game, but his voice actor is unknown, and Lance is a voice actor for some character, but hasn't been given... We know who's going to voice act for Sora, Wakka, Tidus (I think they kept the same voice actors from FFX if I'm not mistaken) Squall, Aeris, Cloud... what's left is Riku, Sephiroth and Cid for the male character part. Cid's a middle-aged man, much too old to match with a young man's voice. Riku the silver haired kid is way too young for Lance, 15 years old to be exact... unless Lance can make his pansy singing voice sound like a boy. So that leaves all but one- Sephiroth. I think it's kind of strange, but mysterious that the voice actor of Sephiroth hasn't been really given out.

ALSO, according to a manager at a videogame store I've recently talked to, he told me that Lance is voice acting for Sephiroth. It could be a rumor, but after I limited down the odds, I highly doubt that it's probably not... but there's still a possibility of a mistake because Square likes to fool their fans with teasers.

and if it is...

then we know the true powers of evilness of american pop starts! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! :devil:

Actually, I finally got a hold of the Aeris clip. Mandy Moore didn't do much of a bad job voice acting for Aeris' character, but I think that they should have found someone that had more of sweeter, purer, innocent voice. More like a goddess type... like that chick who played Galadriel from LoTR. If they can use Sean Austin, why not her? Then again... she maybe a bit too old to be Aeris' voice actress.:razz:

DJ(SiC)ness
09-04-2002, 04:06 PM
the power of sephiroth it runs threw me....it is neat.....AGGG HAHAHAHAHA

SEPHIROTH! SEPHIROTH!!!! SEPHIROTH!!!!

*giggles with joy*

OMG he's awsome thanks Yuna! THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sorry but sephiroth is my hero... my homicidal crazy hero who likes to carry he's mothers severd head.

Anyways...hey yuna where did you get those pics?

Yuna
09-05-2002, 12:21 AM
sank you! Accually, a friend sent my bitch... er friend them and then he sent me then through AIM and then Aeris begged me to post them here after I showed her 'casue she's obsessed with Sephie and shtuff.

L to the 3rd
09-05-2002, 02:50 AM
I played the Kingdom hearts demo at Disneyland
and i like it already! ^_^; it's a bit strange..but
its interesting...might be a tad easy for
seasoned FF players. Voices are not bad..

the thing i like about the most is kicking the crap
outta Tidus..whenever I felt like it. :thumbsup:
He seemed even more arrogant than ever!

Adella
09-05-2002, 03:00 AM
I NEED AERIS PICS WAAAH! AERIS PICS TO DO THE COSTUME!

artemis316
09-05-2002, 03:26 AM
Here's a couple pix of KH Aeris I saved up some time ago...hope they're some help to ya, Aeris ^.^

artemis316
09-05-2002, 03:26 AM
The other Aeris pic...the back side ^.^

Neko Cathy
09-05-2002, 02:05 PM
You can find more stuff on IGN.com, but I don't know about the aeris clips.

To be quite honest, Aeris' costume really hasn't changed except for the fact she doesn't wear that short, red jacket.

::giggles, remembering a part in her doujinshi of Aeris taking her jacket off and showing her deformed shoulders to Vincent and Cloud who look like they were going to throw up when finding out Tifa's flat chested and stuffed her halter top.:::hafha:

Need more coke. :drink:

DJ(SiC)ness
09-05-2002, 03:58 PM
TIFA STUFFS HER HALTER TOP!!!!

...:( every fan boy in the world have been let down

:thumbsup: heh heh not like im perverted or anything

DJ(SiC)ness
09-07-2002, 03:31 AM
i just found a site that has tons of pic of sephiroth and even the english voices of Cloud, Squall( who is called leon ...why?) Yuffie, and *drum roll* Aeris. God Sephiroth is sooo cool loking. I like the who one wing...THE ONE WING ANGLE HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sora.nu/sora/gallery/seph

Mappy
09-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Sephiroth's voice is done by N*SYNC's Lance Bass. horrific yes, but he does a decent job.\
her name is Aerith in the game. they used the Japanese one ^_^

and Goofy calls him Leon for some reason i dunno. maybe because proonouncing Squall seemed hard for Goofy? they actually say Tidus though, as "Tide-US"

Neko Cathy
09-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Mappy
Sephiroth's voice is done by N*SYNC's Lance Bass. horrific yes, but he does a decent job.\
her name is Aerith in the game. they used the Japanese one ^_^

and Goofy calls him Leon for some reason i dunno. maybe because proonouncing Squall seemed hard for Goofy? they actually say Tidus though, as "Tide-US"

Thank you! and um... whoa... I didn't know Aerith/Aerios kept her Japanese name... cool.

Yea, I watched the movie clip when Aerith was explaining about the "heartless", kingdoms and whatever to the group and Squall and Yuffie happened to be with her and stuff... and I heard Leon being called to Squal and I was like... "WTF is Leon?" The only Leon I know is from Resident Evil.

::hangs upside down from a random tree branch:: ;)

My friend got the FFx demo CD from a PS magazine and some guy pronounced Tidus' name "Tee-DUS"... which in a way makes since if his name was pronouced the other way, wouldn't it be spelled "Titus" instead? I dunno... it doesn't make any sense.:rolleyes:

And here's one thing that pisses me off about the Japanese game creators- because Sephiroth is in the English version (and there's perhaps other reasons, but I think the main reason is because of Sephiroth), the japanese game creators or whoever are subtitling the English version of Kingdom Hearts and selling it in Japan. Ok, why couldn't they do that to our games instead?! Like Aeris' being able to be revived in FF7 in the Japanese version only and all that other crap they cut out of other video games?! Grr, that annoys me... :mad:

Oshi
09-11-2002, 01:50 PM
Leon. Yknow. Squall Leonhart. ...yeah.

Any sign of Seifer yet? -_-;

DJ(SiC)ness
09-11-2002, 04:05 PM
i don't think sephiroth has a voice actor, since all he dose is play a boss. And lances voice is way to girly to do sephiroths ( not bashing nsync, but he dose have a quite voice.)

Neko Cathy
09-12-2002, 05:42 AM
No seifer =(. And he's so incredibly hot ^__^

XxNANA_AYUxX
09-12-2002, 08:02 PM
::drools seeing Sephy:: Sephy..... my baby daddy....::faints::

XxNANA_AYUxX
09-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Lol Neko Cathy, can i see this doujinshi? lmao just thinking about it

Oshi
09-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Neko Cathy
No seifer =(. And he's so incredibly hot ^__^
Hmm... are you gonna be at AnimeNEXT? XD

Neko Cathy
09-13-2002, 09:36 PM
WEEEE!!!:cheers:

((Lol Neko Cathy, can i see this doujinshi? lmao just thinking about it))

If my scanner didn't break I would have posted them on my site. The most disgusting thing in there is Rufus' dad and Hojo in Playgirl bunny suits. Especially Hojo because he's just so ***ing nasty. But Rufus and Tseng were hot ^_o

((Hmm... are you gonna be at AnimeNEXT? XD))

Sadly no =(. Are you going to be Seifer? .... dammit! I'm only going to Otakon and Katsucon next year because they're near home and MY CAR JUST DIED!!!! WAAAAHHH!! It sucks, but what are Ex-boyfriends for, even though they hate anime with a passion? LMAO!!!!

But um yea... I'm trying to figure out where Nekocon is because my costume for Otakon fits perfectly for that category. And I wanna go to Anime USA, even though I don't know where that is either because I wanna enter in the ghetto cosplay contest in my most ghetto Rikku costume. I did't remember how to work my mom's sewing machine at that time so I hand sew things and stabbed myself with the damn needle a couple of time!!! YAY!:thumbsup:

Neko Cathy
09-13-2002, 09:38 PM
((i don't think sephiroth has a voice actor, since all he dose is play a boss. And lances voice is way to girly to do sephiroths ( not bashing nsync, but he dose have a quite voice.)))

::cries in a high pitched voice because she's feeling silly right now::

But DJ, people have portrayed him to be feminineor whatever.... i can't spell right now because I'm lazy :p

Oshi
09-13-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Neko Cathy
I'm only going to Otakon and Katsucon next year
That's cool; I'll be at both of em. Mweheh.

DJ(SiC)ness
09-14-2002, 12:28 AM
IM SO HAPPY LOOK WHAT I JUST BOUGHT OFF EBAY!!!!!!!!!!

Oshi
09-14-2002, 12:29 AM
d00d! An "Extra Soldier" figure! Those things rawk, I have a Seifer one. I never did come across a Vincent...

DJ(SiC)ness
09-14-2002, 12:36 AM
oh this isn't a extra soldier figure its a resin statue, i belive the extra soldiers where the action figures, will thats what my boxes say. But hell odds are the statues are called extra soldiers too.

I got almost all of the action figures from FF7
Vincent,sephiroth, cloud, aries, tifa, and barret. All i need is Red 13. But he is hard as hell to find.

But this is my first statue

Oshi
09-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Ohh... Well, it's hard to tell by the pic... daamn. I saw a like, 13" Sephiroth one of them (which i REALLY want) that was about $150 (which is why i didn't get it).... looks SO damn cool.

DJ(SiC)ness
09-14-2002, 12:53 AM
Yeah, sephiroth is hard to find...well let me re phrase that. Hard to find painted. You can find it unpainted for around $100, but whats the point

Neko Cathy
09-14-2002, 11:58 AM
OMG DJ!!! I want one too!I tried looking for one @ Otakon, but only came across a Tifa who's bending down w/ her boobs hanging and legs spread apart.

::Looks at Oshi:: Prepare to be glomped at either one of those conventions!:D <3

Kitty
09-16-2002, 12:28 PM
I want the one of Tifa sooo bad! I almost bought a broken one for 15$ at SDCC. All what happend to her was she came unglued to the stand and there was just a little glue stcuk to the bottom...And she could come off the stand too but what is the point cause you are just gonna leave her there anyways. But I didnt ...and now that I think of it I should have....DAMN IT!

DJ(SiC)ness
09-16-2002, 01:12 PM
HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF KITTY?!! LOL