PDA

View Full Version : high point of the con!

MrWonderfulToji
04-22-2003, 06:12 PM
what was the best moment of the con for you? doesn't have to be one, just saying like, what were the BEST parts?
for me, it was meeting up with studmaster *who I haven't seen in a while* and a few other cosplay.commers, playing para para paradise, and the ultimate high point... when a beauitful belldandy cosplayer actually gave me gummi bears and a hug.. greatest moment ever.
sean

johnnyfoodmaste
04-22-2003, 06:42 PM
I had tons of fun. I had numerous high points: All of them involved fangirls hugging me cuz I was a big orange Kero-chan! I also got to meet some really cool girls from Omaha who were dressed as Sae and Nanaka from Magic User's Club (one of my fave animes of all time). I met a drunk guy and his girl friend on their way back from the Red Sox game.

The only bad thing is that there was a girl taking my picture a bunch of times who replied 'Yes' to the question: 'Are you stalking me?' and I couldn't find her again after she disappeared after answering that question. Hopefully I'll get to find her and say Hi or somethin.

RichAyanami
04-22-2003, 07:43 PM
I was sitting on the floor at the back of the ballroom towards the end of the masquerade and these two girls (I'm sorry I don't remember what they were) glomped me, violently...

...it's either that or when I was walking by the Commons in my black skirt and purple wig and these two guys driving by yelled, "Hey is that your real hair color?" And then five minutes later, then drove by again and honked...
:-\

Cocoa
04-22-2003, 07:49 PM
If you were the one dressed as Kyo (think it was Kyo, some J-rocker anyway), I think those were my friends Xenia and Starwise that glomped you ^^ Xeen was wearing a black dress, with wings, and Star was in white. Those the two?

High point for me was...walking around the park in costume as TB Seishirou, and getting told I looked like a pimp because of my red suit ^^

number18
04-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Hmm...I guess the high point for me was the fact that so many people wanted our picture. And realizing what glomping actually is, I got glomped twice. ^_^ It's nice to know cyborgs are loved.

Also, seeing other people in costume for the first time was pretty damn exciting. Meeting all you guys, too. Playing Para Para Paradise!

And seeing Phemt, the Berserk video. It's been haunting me and now I desperately want to finish the series, then move onto the manga... =drooly, gurgling sounds=

hikura
04-22-2003, 09:12 PM
For me overall the high points were meeting the people from cosplay.com.I enjoyed myself way to much.And techinally number 18 i glomped you once also.Sort of a shy glomp so you got three lol.I would say though one of my high points was i went to this con in my first costume and lots of people recoginized who i was and had lots of pics taken of me,despite me having a complex how i hate my pic taken.I know it is weird.I also got hang out with number 18 and number 17.Both are great people.

sailor-moon
04-22-2003, 09:30 PM
hmm the high point was when i got to sit down and relax XD lol hahaa j/k really..hmm let me think....the whole con was fun^_^

lialia
04-22-2003, 09:56 PM
my first masquerade was a tom of fun!

i generally had a great time overall every night tho i wasnt able to sleep cause i was "overstimulated" or so says my mom

that sounds dirty to me >_<

hikura
04-22-2003, 10:10 PM
It doesn't sound bad at all lialia.I got some only some decent sleep cause this was my first anime con that i went too for the entire weekend plus i wore my first costume.That made me really nervous.I was a wreck saturday morning as i was getting my costume put on.

TristenCitrine
04-22-2003, 10:39 PM
There were many high points, but the one I remember right now was getting to play parapara with Lilli on Sunday in our Lolita costumes :). I think our skirts kept setting off the sensors, but it was still a great time!

Tora! Tora! Tora!

TyJILDown
04-22-2003, 10:44 PM
Just hanging around my friends I haven't seen in months was great right there. It was a nice relaxing convention.

JacksUsername
04-22-2003, 10:59 PM
I guess the high for the con was meeting the people in the Clubhouse and the first day. I had no idea what to expect, and the the enviornment seemed pretty welcoming. It was just something different.

Tribble
04-22-2003, 11:05 PM
For me I'd have to say meeting a whole bunch of you all for the first time at the clubhouse and photoshoot and meeting all 5 of the voice actors for Gundam Wing, it being one of my favorite series and all.

Something Lulu
04-22-2003, 11:19 PM
I think one of the high points for me was meeting so many people. It was nice to run into someone I knew - either from the con or from this site - every time I turned around. It was a very friendly environment. And finding an Ein plushie! I'd been looking for one online a few months ago for my Faye costume and couldn't find it anywhere, and there it was at AB on the first table I saw! And despite all the drama, it was fun to be a part of the whole Masquerade experience. Now I know what to expect the next time I'm in one. (Because there will be a next time!)

PockyDarcy
04-22-2003, 11:49 PM
I had so many good moments there. Most of which were in front of an audience. I had a great time at kareoke. being a contestant on game shows and of course being on stage for the masquerade with everyone for the opening. ^_^ Great job to staff for making this possible.
~ A-chan

Lilli
04-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Hehee!! I will practice my Para Para skills hard, so that next time I'll know more than one song!! w00t.

number18
04-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Man...us MA/NH cosplayers should form a Para Para cosplay group. lol. I am so in love with that game now, it's probably unhealthy. I really want the game now too, but I think you need a modded play station. I know a place where you can download routine videos tho...but before I actually played it at the con, I had no clue what all the arrows in the videos meant. Now I do. Here's to Para Para!

=lots of excessive and loud, girlish screaming, while Night of Fire plays in the background=

Nintendotaku
04-23-2003, 06:19 PM
FANGIRLS!!!

Heehee...After the Masquerade I was sitting in the front row when two girls I had met earlier came up and started talking to me.

So then I'm sitting there with an arm around each girl and someone comes up and is like "I gotta get a picture of Pimp Yugioh."

I also got a picture of myself with two Chii's...I love Chii! And I got a picture with two of them! :D

So yeah, there's my story.

ChibiRinoa
04-23-2003, 06:30 PM
making groups of SquallxRinoa fangirls squeal!!!!! -grins-

hikura
04-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Nintendotaku..did a gentleman saturday night take your pic with the two chii's and then give you his email addy( macross007q@yahoo.com ) and tell you to contact him in a week or two so he could send you that pic?I took that pic for you.I did get my film devolped and do have that pic for you if you want it now.Just pm or write me.I will be more then gladly send it to you.

hikura
04-23-2003, 09:27 PM
While i know this is suppose to be the high point of the cons and everything i want to say this.Kitty_neko had he accesory broke on friday even before con started on friday(i saw the whole thing).I have to say my heart went out to her that day.Somehow though she made it thru the con and had fun i am sure.That shows some true courage espically after what happened.I say she made my con knowing she managed to get thru the con and had fun despite one huge foul-up on buttery fingered cosplayers part.In one way that was a high part to the con.Your a tough and great person kitty

Gothic_Lulu
04-24-2003, 02:21 AM
Mmmmm...let me see:

1. Meeting the other much cooler Edea for pics :D They came out really damn cool ^____^ Edea is my favorite character in the entire world so I like to see different variations..I guess wearing Edea in general even though the heapiece is annoying...

2. Putting my backpiece on in the hallway. Wierd I know but everything seemed to come together after I put it on....I was also able to with the help of Ranma, Jill, and Oshi harnass to my back without tape :D

3. Getting my Lulu costume one day before I was going to wear it in the mail on saturday so I could wear it on Sunday.....

4. Despite the masquerade problems, it was quite fun being in front of that many people and then being able to watch the great stuff that followed ^__^ Everybody looled great....

5. Seeing the cosplay judges like Tristine in person *___* I look up to them so much! I was too shy to introduce myself right though :/

6. MEETING EVERYONE!!!! *does happy dance*

Ranma Saotome
04-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Hmm... So many... Well running around with that P-chan PockyDarcy made me (thank you!!!) is a high point for me. Another high point is hanging out with judges after the masquerade (you guys rawk!!). All in all, I had a real great time! :)

wacko
05-01-2003, 05:53 PM
:D On Saturday night... er... morning I think. The lobby was really tranquil, and the insomniacs(myself included) just sat around there. We eventually busted out my friend's laptop and watched some anime. After that we played Stepmania and just did the dances on the ground. Very cool.

EvilMoogleQueen
05-01-2003, 06:39 PM
even though there were some minor technical problems, the dances were still the high point for me. That and meetinge everybody. I can't wait until the next con..